(Bnha) Kami's Gift

By MySoulReader

Izuku Midoriya was born quirkless and his dreams of becoming a hero were shattered. Well, that is until Kami... More

Chapter 1: The Gift
Chapter 2: Makings Of A Hero
Chapter 3: The Next Step
Chapter 4: A Name For Myself
Chapter 5: Meeting Class 1-A
Chapter 6: Quirk Evaluation
Chapter 7: Night of a Hero
Chapter 9: Break Past My Limits
Chapter 10: A Spider?!
Chapter 11: We're Back!
Chapter 12: Training To Be Heroes
Chapter 13: Unforeseen Attack
Chapter 14: Friendship Will Prevail
Chapter 15: You'll Pay For That
Chapter 16: The Hero's Recovery
Tagged
Chapter 17: Omni's Outbreak
Chapter 18: Rise of a Hero
Sorry, Not An Update
Chapter 19: Shining Smile
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
The End
Bad news
Poll Results
Chapter 22
Chapter 23

Chapter 8: Trial by Battle

11.5K 187 79
By MySoulReader

After that eventful night, I woke up with Sumiko-chan still sleeping on top of me. So I slowly placed her back on the couch and went to start making my breakfast, but I was stopped by Yaoyorozu-san watching the news.

"Midoriya-san, I didn't think you'd try something with a girl when you just started high school." She said as she turned the tv onto another news network. "So what did you do last night?"

"You're literally watching the news, the answer is right in front of you. I'm going to take a shower, let's continue this later." I said before walking away.

Time Skip ~ 20 Minutes Later

When I got dressed in my uniform, I made a quick breakfast of Katsudon before going back to talk with Yaoyorozu-san. "Anything else you wanted to talk about?"

"Yeah, why did you go out and pretend to be a hero when the teachers probably told you that they were responsible for you?"

"Think about it, why should I wait a year or two to get my hero license when I could go save lives now? What would you do with your great power?"

"Fair point, but I'd use my power to protect innocent people. Also, why didn't you make some food for me?"

"I told you it was a one-time thing and you still owe me a favor. But if you want to protect people, why wait. After all, a hero's job is to protect others even if their life is on the line, but not many pros hold that kind of ideal." I said as I finished my breakfast. "Most heroes want to gain fame around the world or wealth above all others, but a hero by definition is a hero admired or idolized for their courage, achievements, or noble qualities. These days, heroes are just those that fight evil, protect the city, and use the quirk for what is deemed as the greater good."

At this, Yaoyorozu-san just stared at me in shock as Sumiko-chan woke up and I did the dishes. "How do you know so much about heroes? Not even the teachers would be able to talk about heroes this complex."

"Well, I lived around heroes my entire life, retired or not. But my family consisted of heroes around the world, many of them formed under one company that my grandmother leads. You may have heard of her, Captain Marvel." When I said that I definitely heard someone drop to the ground and was sounded like an unhinged jaw. "Something wrong?"

When I looked behind me, I saw a sleepy Kasumi, an Ashida-san on the floor, and Ochaco holding her jaw that seemed in pain. "Yeah, are you trying to brag Izu-kun or were you talking about ideology again?" Kasumi asked while rubbing her eye.

"Ideology, but maybe we can continue this conversation later. If you want to that is." I said before picking up Sumiko-chan bridal style and carrying her to her room.

Time Skip ~ About 2:00 pm

While everyone was waiting for our Hero Studies teacher, I was reading up on some articles about Omni. Most of the articles were like 'What's Their Quirk?' or 'Is Onmi A Hero Or Villain?', but most of this stuff just made wonder more about what I'm really doing. 

"I'm coming through the door..." Said a booming voice outside the class. "Like a normal person!" That booming voice was revealed to be All Might, to no one's surprise mind you.

Before everyone could start fanboying/fangirling over him he starting to talk, "Hello Young Students! Today we'll be doing a special exercise in field Beta, but first..." He halted as the wall opened to reveal 20 metal briefcases. "You'll get into your hero costumes, but as you suit up I need to talk with Young Midoriya."

Once everyone grabbed their assigned case, I walked to field Beta with All Might-sensei. "Sensei, what did you need to talk about?"

"First of all, why didn't you give in your costume application?" 

"Well, my kitsune form already comes with battle gear and I could just ask Hestia-sama to form clothes for me on the go. Plus, the suit wouldn't be of any use once I used a physiology quirk so why bother with one when I technically have one at all times."

"Fair enough, but you went out again without telling anyone about this."

"You want the short answer or my life story?"

"We have some time, share just a bit of your life story."

"I grew up around a family of heroes who would do anything to help those in need. So since I was quirkless, I was made fun of by my peers because they had literally any quirk and used it to harm me in any way they could. When I came home from those times, my cousins, aunts, Kaa-san, and basically any female related to me took care of me until there weren't any kind of problems."

"Seems like they really cared for you, but I've never heard you talk about any of your male relatives. Plus your quirk manifested when you were around 4, so how'd they know you were quirkless?"

"I had the extra toe joint and I still have it so my family doubted I had a quirk until I showed them. But most of my male relatives were killed by villains due to my family being married to those they loved for their personality, not their quirk or looks, but now only one uncle that is alive with the other males have gone to a hopefully better place."

"That might explain why you don't react to Midnight's quirk, as hers mainly deals with pheromones and someone's lust."

"Either way, my family still worries me about dying to gain a quirk and they were the reason why I had to make everyone believe I was quirkless. So the rest of my life has been spent working at a cafe and taking care of whatever family that was around me. Other than that you probably know, but I always admired my family for holding another person's life above their own and once quirks became a common thing for everyone, they made it a tradition to uphold that ideal. That's kind of why I have tried to save people even without any form of license."

"Quite interesting, but hopefully that ideal holds true for your whole life." He said as we arrived at the field where everyone was already waiting.

Field B

"You all look great! Now our exercise will be a trial by battle and your teams will be decided by a lottery. Your teams will consist of a 2-person hero team against a 2-person villain team." All Might-sensei said as everyone took a team letter and I got team B by myself.

"Now that you're in teams, I'll explain the goal for each team. The Hero team needs to capture the villains with this capture tape or some other way that would work. But they can also touch the bomb to win. While the villains can capture the heroes or stall until the match is over. With each match being 10 minutes, I'll have my peers watch the matches and interfere if deemed necessary."

"With that said," Midnight-sensei said out of nowhere. "Let's start with dealing some punishment *Cue Sadistic Smile*, Team B as the hero versus team A and E as the villains."

"Midnight-sensei, I will kill you," I say with a dark aura coming from my body.

"Reconsider... please," she said while hiding behind All Might-sensei.

"Ahem... Izuku you will be fighting alone as the hero versus Bakugo, Todoroki, Kendo, and Yaoyorozu as the villains." Aizawa-sensei said as he pulled out his phone. "Before you say this is unfair, we have an odd number of teams so there had to be 1 team versus 2 teams. Then Midnight suggested this would be Izuku's punishment for putting himself in immediate danger without warning anyone, and the rest of the staff deemed this a suitable 'punishment'."

"Alright, but I can promise you I'll do it again."

"Then you'll spend a night with me." Midnight-sensei with her sadistic smile, making everyone besides myself shink back in fear.

Match Prep ~ Izuku POV (still)

Everyone else is in the spectator's room while I wait for the villains to set up their plans. 'Well, if my memory serves me correctly, Kasumi wants to fight me, Sumiko-chan will probably stay back with Yaoyorozu-san to guard the bomb and Kendo-san is a wild card. '

'The safe plan is to fight Kasumi on the first or second floor creating rubble on most of the floors. Then try to fight Kendo-san on one of the floors right before the floor the bomb is on. But that'll leave me to fight Sumiko-chan and Yaoyorozu-san while trying to get to the bomb. Not the best plan, but maybe I could gain another quirk in this exercise.'

"Time starts now!" I heard over my earpiece as I walked into the building taking in any sound and smell I could. 'There's smoke up a floor or two, but it masked every other scent.'

I took my Kitsune form and my two tails had blue fireballs following them once again, but oddly enough, they didn't smell just give off some heat and light. 'Great, this form gives away my position but that won't matter right now.'

Izuku Versus Kasumi Start!

"There you are!" Kasumi shouted from the stairs, "Time for some fun!"

As she charged, I got ready for the expected right hook by trying to become intangible for a few seconds. "I got plenty of time, let's play."

According to plan, she went for a right hook and phased right through me. When she landed on the floor, she started to fire off some explosions aimed that she tried to hit my head with. But I just dodged as many as I could until she used her left hand for a blast to my stomach, launching me into the wall and shaking the entire building as she assaulted me with a flurry of explosions.

"Damn it, Sonic Screech!" I screamed making a sound wave blast her a few meters away as I raced up the stairs.

"You aren't getting away!" Kasumi yelled as her explosions blew away the floor in front of me as she jumped through it. Then she grabbed me and threw me into another room with her explosions adding to the distance.

"And Kaa-san wonders why I don't date you," I mumbled as I got up and released my Kitsune form due to exhaustion. "Another disadvantage, just perfect."

"It's not over yet!" Kasumi yelled across the hallway as she pulled a pin from her gauntlet.

'Oh shit.' Was all I thought as I pulled my arms into an X and create blood armor on my forearms to protect myself from the giant explosions coming my way.

When the explosions hit me, I was blasted out the window as I was pulled into my mindscape.

Mindscape

"It's been a while, Izuku."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

243K 8.4K 68
Izuku was like any other child his age. Excited about the quirk that will make them a hero. As his quirk came in his friends and peers began feeling...
26.9K 336 13
In this story Izuku was born 2 years earlier and one day he meets his favorite hero and gains his quirk for showing his determination on becoming a h...
76.2K 2.3K 37
Izuku was known to be an only child who was born with no quirk. Despite this set back he still aimed to be a hero, but no one believed in him. No one...
275K 5.3K 49
Izuku discovers he has a quirk, but it was kept secret from him do to it's nature. Now it has awakened and is far more powerful thanks to One For All...