Breathing Brown

By IsabellaWritess

Taylor Kennedy is unlike your average teenager. She's quiet and soft spoken but has a wildfire flaming inside... More

Introduction
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
•••
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
twenty three

Fourteen

159 8 5
By IsabellaWritess

Ahh, I'm so excited to see you guys reactions to this chapter. heh.

Listen to: Waking up in Vegas - Katy Perry
While reading this chapter
————————————————————————

After three-ish hours, the sound of my door bell shakes me out of my book. Damnit Ashton, of course you had to arrive right when I was getting to the good part in my book. I groan and trudge downstairs to the door. I open the door to Ashton's familiar eyes and smile.

"Welcome to mi casa." I say as I open the door wider, inviting him in. He sends a smile to my mother, whom is sitting at the kitchen table working on paperwork for her job, probably.

"Good evening, Mrs Kennedy." He says and I widen my eyes. Never knew he could be so polite.

"Oh please dear," Mom chuckles, "Just call me Sarah."

"Alright, Sarah." Ashton smiles once more. I roll my eyes at him before walking up the stairs and into my bedroom. As expected, he followed.

"Did I ever tell you that you have a cute room?" Ashton smirks and I widen my eyes, remembering that I have quotes framed onto my wall and old pictures I drew when I was only wee big.

"Oh shut up, I live for these quotes." I wave my hand around my room. Ashton walks up to one and reads it out loud.

"I do not desire mediocre love, I want to drown in someone."

"Yep." I rock on my heels.

"That's one of my favorite quotes actually. It's really expressive and it's only a few words." I smile as I stare at the aesthetically framed quote on my wall. I look up at Ashton and his gaze is intense.

"Taylor," His voice catches my full attention.

"Yeah?"

"Have you ever fallen in love?"

I think about his question, reminding me about the talk I had with mom earlier.

"Fallen in love? Nah." I bite my lower lip. His eyes fall to the ground and curiosity threatens to push me to the edge.

"Have you?" I ask and take a seat onto my bed. He sits next to me. Ashton's face looks intensely serious, and I can't help but wonder what's going through his head right now.

"Most definitely." He says firmly. Something inside me cracks a little. I don't have a damn clue why, but hearing him say he's fallen in love with another girl hurts. Bad. I feel my cheeks heat up, threatening to be submerged in tears if I'm not careful.

"Oh?" I try to say but it comes out as more of a question then a statement. Ashton finally looks into my eyes.

"I am falling in love with someone." He swallows hard. Remember taylor, curiosity killed the dog.

"Well that's good." I try to act like none of this is bothering me. I knew I shouldn't of let myself feel things for him.

"Well anyways, it was your idea to come over, so what do you want to do?" I reposition myself on my bed.

"Not sur-." Ashton's voice is cut off by his phone ringing in his pocket. He retreats the phone and I sneak a quick glance at his screen.

"Emma wants to FaceTime you..."

My heart sinks a little more.

Ashton glances at me, I shake my head letting him know that it's okay for him to answer the FaceTime.

He answers the call and a girl with loose blonde curls and dark blue eyes is on the other end. It's Emma... Rumor around school says that Emma is Ashton's girlfriend. I totally forgot that they were dating, seeming that he never really speaks about her or hangs out with her.

"Babe!" Emma's voice says excitedly. Ashton looks over at me with a look of sorry written in his eyes. Does he feel bad? No, that can't be the case.

"Hey." He says a little lower.

"Where are you?" She asks.

"I'm just with Justin. Why did you call?"

I'm just with Justin.

Of course. I'm an embarrassment because i'm not nearly as popular or smart or pretty as his girlfriend, friends, peers. Anger and sadness wilt up into a thick knot and lay roughly in my chest.

"Just wanted to talk to my boyfriend, is that so wrong?" She says and smiles. I feel hurt build up somewhere in my chest cavity, and I can't bear it.

"Okay well I gotta go, bye." and then Ashton hangs up.

"Girlfriend, huh?" I say and try to look as convincing as possible with a stupid smile. He looks at me with worried eyes.

"That's cute, she's really pretty." I continue.

"I guess." He shrugs.

"Hanging out with Justin?" I say and feel tears puddle into my eyes. God, please don't cry.

"Look Taylor-"

"What am I? An embarrassment? Because I'm not gorgeous and popular, so you have to keep me on the down low?" A warm tear slowly falls down my blistering hot cheek. Ashton's eyes fill with sad remorse.

"You're not." He says and I don't let him continue. I stand up and back away from him.

"Really?" I say and more tears come rolling down. He stands up and walks towards me.

"Taylor please don't cry."

"Shut up!" I raise my voice. Everything in me just wanted to have enough of him.

"I should've known you were bad. I should've just ignored you, act like you never existed." I gasp in between sobs.

"Taylor seriously, I'm sorry. It's not like that."

"I seriously hate you. I hated that kiss, I hated having to sleep next to you." I say and I know that none of it is true. But a girl who's hurt will say anything.

"Taylor..." His voice is laced with hurt.

"Just go." I say and point to the door.

"Please." He begs and his big brown eyes begin to water.

I stand my ground and point at the door once more. He exhales in defeat and leaves. I don't think twice before closing my bedroom door once he's out. I just needed to cry. My heart can't take this.

I need to stop falling for him.

I know I'm more upset then what I should be. Maybe this whole situation was thrown out of proportion completely. Maybe I'm just being stupid. But that sinking feeling I developed somewhere in my chest cavity when Ashton hid that he was hanging with me like I'm some sort of big secret. That, I can't get over.

I like Ashton. I try to convince myself otherwise, but I am hopelessly falling for the boy.

"Damnit." I say under a deep exhale and lean against my bedroom door for support. My legs feel increasingly more weak and I might just collapse if it weren't for this door.

"Uh, Taylor?" A deep voice asks for me as they knock on my door. I jolt up and try to tidy myself up.

Who the hell?...

I open the door and my eyes land on Tanner. Oh my god.

"TANNER!" I wrap my arms around his body and feel his embrace absorb all of my pain and problems.

"Hey." He says with a chuckle. He smells like that signature boy cologne.

"Where have you been?" I pull away and look up into his eyes. He takes a second before he answers my question.

"Well, I've been busy with the family and football. Y'know how it goes." He exhales and wraps his hand around my wrist.

"Well I'm happy you're here now." I smile and slowly start to feel myself forget about Ashton.

•••

"Well I'm glad you're settling into your school." Tanner says as he reaches for the front door. I smile and give him one last hug.

"Have a good evening Taylor." He says.

"Always." I tug at the hem of my shirt. Tanner stands at my front door frame for a second, looking at me, before he leaves.

I've been so caught up with Ashton and his friends that I never noticed how absent Tanner had been. I can't help but to feel a little guilty. I wonder if he thinks that I don't care about him or something.

I change into my pajamas and decide that heading to bed early is my best option.

Anything is better than thinking about Ashton right now.

OooHhhHhhHh yes that just happened girl.

I love you guys, thank you for getting this far into my book!

happy readings,
IsabellaWritess

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

505 83 9
16 year old Taylor Ford wants this summer to be different. She doesn't want to live her life in her little bubble anymore. She wants to live her life...
82.7K 2.4K 44
Ashton loves school like..a lot. He's a good boy and teachers love him. But sadly, He gets bullied by Luke Hemmings, Calum Hood and Michael Clifford...
360K 10.3K 41
Follow my Instagram for any updates and if you have any questions: @nikki_k123 Ellie has lived in Santa Barbara her entire life with her parents and...
5.1M 157K 67
⚠️ Published version Available in Paperback & E-Book through Amazon! This WattPad version is a well-loved rough draft, enjoy it! But be warned it's t...