You will be mine [Park Jimin...

By HeloiseDBrightmore

Reader is a strong and independent girl in a foreign country. She is hard to resist and even harder to get ri... More

1. Something in him
2. Being myself
3. First impression
4. Awkward moment
5. Bulletproof plan
6. Unexpected change
7. Surprise message
8. The news
9. Dead serious
10. Last warning!
11. Insane reasons
12. Blossoming Romance
13. Straightforward confession
14. No more chances
15. Painful secret
16. Change of behaviour
18. Sly moves
19. Just friends
20. Intense moment
21. Being careful
22. Unforeseen circumstances
23. Preparation for the play
24. Afraid of the unknown
25. Showdown
26. More than disappointment
27. Unexpected surprise
28. Just a scar
29. Final explanation - Final
Under Editing!
Finished editing!

17. Denial

872 35 2
By HeloiseDBrightmore

Edited: 12 June, 2020

It took me about two weeks to recover enough to leave the hospital. They instructed me to stay at home, but I just didn't feel like being stuck in the house alone. It didn't mean of course that I was glad to attend school again, I just didn't have better things to do.

On my first day, Yojin was waiting for me in front of the school entrance with Hoseok by her side. I wished some kind of a cheerful welcome, but instead, she was standing there, with her boyfriend embracing her in his arms, lips locked together. 

I could have been an evil friend, destroying their lovely little moment, but who am I to disturb them? I walked past them and entered the school, walking to my locker. Soon enough however I heard quickening steps behind me.

"Y/N, you are finally back." Yojin wrapped herself around me from the back. I chuckled at her enthusiasm. It's not like we have not seen each other, she was constantly in the hospital, visiting me.

"Am I supposed to be happy about it?" I grinned as she finally let me go and I could turn around.

"Now you are able to see Jimin, every single day." She winked at me, which made me roll my eyes. Hoseok chuckled at his girlfriend's cheeky behaviour, but I, on the other hand, didn't find it as funny as they did. Jimin visited me in the hospital on a couple of occasions, however I already knew the reason behind it. It was all because I have asked him to act as if nothing happened.

"Yay!" I spoke with a very clear irony. I didn't miss the confusion across their face. I didn't tell her that Jimin rejected me after all. It was not on the top of my list, I rather wanted to forget it.

"What is going on? I thought you wanted to tell him." She looked at me with a puzzled expression. Of course I did tell her about my naive little idea of confessing my feelings, but once you get rejected, it's not as easy to talk about it. "Come on, you need to be more courageous." She smiled softly, but I didn't feel the need to return it.

"I'm good." I shook my head as I walked up to my locker to take out my books.

"Why are you giving up? That's not the person I got to know you as." She frowned with an unspoken disappointment in her voice.

"I'm not." I replied simply, closing my locker behind me, before I started walking to my class room.

"Stop!" She said firmly as she grabbed my wrist. "I know you. Something is going on." Her tone was demanding and I could see on Hoseok's face that he was rather surprised. He didn't see that powerful side of her just yet.

"Okay." I heaved a sigh. "I will be straightforward with you, because you seem to want to get on my nerves about it. I will not be confessing my undying feelings for him, because I already did." The slight sarcasm in my tone was more than clear. "I got rejected and that is where the story ends." I sighed, pulling my arm out of the dumbfounded girl's grasp, turning around and walking to my class.

"Wait." Hoseok stopped me this time. "Jimin rejected you?" He asked with furrowed brows, but I concentrated more on how painful his words felt. Thinking about it was hard, speaking about it was even harder, but hearing it from someone else's mouth was the worst of it all. I felt a lump in my throat appear. "Are you sure?" He asked as if he was trying to torture me. 

"Unfortunately, yes I am sure, so I would very much appreciate it if we could just forget about it. I would be most grateful." I didn't even wait for them to follow me, I left them to walk to my class, this time without being disturbed.

Not long after I took my seat in the class room, Yojin found her way and took her seat beside me. She didn't talk about what happened, she didn't mention it, she spoke about anything that came to her, except that. Which I was very happy about.

However throughout the third class, she pushed a white paper, rolled into a ball, in front of me. I looked up at her with questioning eyes. I didn't need words to make her understand what I meant. She shook her head, reassuring me that the subject had nothing to do with Jimin.

I opened the letter and read its content. It was once again a sensitive subject, but I couldn't just avoid everything and anything.

"Are you going to do anything about the girls? Are you going to the police?" It said on the paper. Yojin's handwriting was very feminine, with curved letters and thin lines. I picked up my pen and started writing my reply.

"I will not do anything. I will be giving my statement to the school today, but I will not report them to the police. They have been expelled already anyway." I wrote and pushed the paper in front of Yojin without even crunching up the paper again. It didn't even take her a couple of seconds, her reply was in front of me once again.

"What do you mean? It's not like they have pranked you, stole your books or wrote ridiculous stuff on your tables. They have attacked you, causing you to spend 3 weeks in the hospital." I furrowed my brows at her words. I knew she was right, but I just didn't feel the need to go any further. I started my answer, but I felt it was unnecessary anyway. I took the paper, hid it in my pocket and shrugged my shoulders as she looked at me. I could see the upset look on her face, but I just pretended to focus my attention on the lesson.

As soon as the bell rang and I stood up to pack my books away, Yojin got hold of my shoulder.

"Are you seriously not going to do anything? Nothing?" She asked with a desperate expression across her face. I shook my head as a reply as we started walking out of the classroom. "But why?" She asked again. I stopped in front of her and looked straight into her eyes.

"I don't want to. They have been expelled, they have got what they deserved. I don't want to dig into it any deeper. Let's just finish this school year like any other normal student would." I was almost begging her, I really didn't want to talk about it.

I left her in the corridor as I walked up to the principal's office to give my statement. His secretary was already waiting for me and immediately rushed me to enter the principal's office. I followed her instructions and took a seat in the office.

It took me about an hour to explain everything that happened and answer his questions, which made me skip a class. He has tried to convince me, that a report to the police would be more than helpful, but I didn't agree. I thanked him for taking his time to listen to me and than I left his office, trying to leave the whole mess behind me with it.

I went to the cafeteria to take some ramyeon, that was on the menu for the day. Although it looked nothing like the original soup, I was hungry and I needed something to fill up the emptiness in my stomach. I also took an apple and a bottle of water, before I decided to go out to the basketball court.

It was rather quite outside, barely any students were lurking around. The weather was chilly, but refreshing enough to clear my mind. I sat down on one of the benches and started eating my lunch, from the tray placed on my lap.

"Good to see you back." A shadow appeared in front of me. I didn't need to look up to recognise his voice.

"Thanks." I smiled at him. "Although I am not so happy to be back.

"I thought it was your decisions to be back." He frowned as he sat down.

"Believe me, I regret most of the decisions I make." I chuckled and he returned the happy mood in the form a grin.

"Are you feeling any better?" He asked as I was picking up another batch of noodle with my chopsticks. 

"Yeah, I feel brand new again." I spoke, slurping in the least feminine way.

"You know, you don't always have to act though. You have friends for a reason." He spoke reassuringly and I nodded in agreement.

"I know. But sometimes people just don't want to talk about things, isn't that right?" You asked, feeling like it was just about the right moment to bring up his little secret which has been digging into you for a while.

"What do you mean?" He asked with furrowed brows and a confused look.

"Danah?" I stated and he visibly tensed up. As if it was a very sensitive subject, which made me even more curious.

"I don't want to talk about that." I looked away, his gaze fixed on the ground.

"That's fine. And I don't want to talk about things either." I nodded and turned my attention back to my food. I didn't want to push the subject. I knew how I would close myself off if people forced me to talk about something, I didn't want to in the first place.

Notes: If you enjoyed it, don't forget to like the chapter. Thank you :) 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.7K 3.3K 16
"So." Namjoon took a sip of water before continuing. "Have you thought about it?" You were a little perplexed by the question. "Thought about what?" ...
17.7K 735 23
This city is supposed to be a utopia: the ones you dislike avoid you, everyone hangs out with their league and no one gets into deep trouble - especi...
96.4K 6.5K 25
❝ d-did you just say you're prettier than me!? ❞ beauty? seokjin wins. worldwide handsome? seokjin wins. in which seokjin and a web cartoonist...
6.9K 465 13
hoesuck: hiii :) jaeroach: hello! who is this? hoesuck: ur new boyfriend jaeroach: bYE Highest Rank(s): #12 in hoseokff #14in hoseokfanfic