bad kids [ zach herron ]

By heyitsjonna

zach pushed me against the cabin's dusty wall, and pressed his soft lips onto mine. soon his lips made their... More

i n t r o
[2]
[3]
[4]
[5]
[6]
[7]
[8]
[9]
[10]
[11]
[12]
[13]
[14]
[15]
[16]
[17]
[18]
[19]
[20]
[21]
[22]
[23]
[24]
o u t r o

[1]

57.2K 761 1.1K
By heyitsjonna

[VANESSA'S POV]
There was nothing except tall, hideous woods. All I could see was forest after forest. It has been like this for an hour, at least.

With a sigh I took a lighter from my pocket. In a few seconds I had the cigarette between my lips as I rolled the car's window partly open.

"Vanessa, throw that cigarette out now."

I turned to look at my mom. She kept her eyes on the road, but I could tell she was displeased from my actions.

Yet I blowed fuggy smoke on her face slowly, making her cough a little.

"Van. Don't test me now, please."

A short laugh escaped between my lips. I took another breathe of the cigarette, and blowed smoke inside the car.

"Like I'm gonna care about anything that comes out of your mouth. Because of you, I'm going to loose my freedom any time soon", I shrugged and targeted my face again outside of the window.

She has totally lost the control with me, and at this point she didn't even want to try anymore. She's just going to leave me in a camp - 'camp for troubled teens', as she said.

"Whatever, Vanessa. Just remember, that you and your own attitude is the reason I'm leaving you there."

"Yeah, you keep telling that story to yourself", I chuckled sardonically.

"I will. You have fun in there", my mom bridled and suddenly stopped the car.

I raised my look and faced big, wooden building a few meters further. A woman with brown hair was standing in front of it. She had over-optimistic smile on her face as she greeted teens passing by.

"You should go. See you after a month", mom stated and didn't even glance at me.

"Fine."

I opened my seatbelt and got off from the car, then picking my suitcase from the trunk and walking past of our car.

My and mom's relationship has been very toxic as long as I can remember. It wasn't like I expected her to hug me or cry out before leaving. It still made me feel a little bit terrified as my mom curved away in seconds.

"Hi! You coming to the problematic teen's camp?" the brunette woman smiled as I had freezed to look after our car.

I swinged to her way - she seemed friendly, but something about her made me edgy.

"No, I just like to spend my Sunday evenings in middle of nothing", I said sarcastically and rolled my eyes.

"Oh..", woman said clearly in confusion.

That 'something' about her must be stupidity.

"Of course I am coming to that idiotic camp. What I have to do?" I snorted and walked few steps closer.

"Um, okay. Tell your whole name, please?" she requested calmly.

"Vanessa Evelyn White."

"Thank you. Now please, enter in our main building. After everyone has arrived, we will tell you more", the woman smiled kindly.

With blunt reaction I walked inside, and looked around. There was about fifteen teens sitting around the long tables, and to be honest, everyone of them seemed pretty pathetic to me.

"Please, have a seat", I heard behind me, and in reflection turned around.

I was face to face with very, very tall man. He didn't seem scary, but his bulky body totally made impression: he could lift me up with one arm.

I didn't answer anything, but yet went to sit beside some blond girl. She glared me anxiously as I sat down. I furrowed my brows and side-eyed her.

That princess didn't obviously get that I didn't wanna sit next to her either. There just wasn't very much other options.

I picked my phone from the pocket and immediately opened Snapchat. I have got many snaps from my friends asking where I was going. I had told only a few people about the camp. This was kind of embarrassing - being babysitted in middle of the forest.

----

[ZACH'S POV]
Our newest Mustang car stopped in the camping area, and the motor was turned off.

Redford - that's what this place is called for.

It was quiet. I eyed surrounding while bitting my inner cheek lightly, only being able to think how the place looked dead-alive.

"Zach, I am- "

"I don't wanna hear it, mom", I interrupted her harshly and kept gazing out from the car's window.

"Maybe you just should take your things and go. It seems like almost everyone has already came", dad coughed behind the steering wheel.

As usual, he wanted to avoid all the drama.

"Yeah, maybe", I mumbled and opened my seatbelt.

"Zach, I just really hope you change in next four weeks. What happened - that's not who you truly are", my mom's voice cracked at the end.

She has had always that obsession, how I am this family's golden boy. But personally, I didn't feel it as my own title.

I didn't know what to say anymore. Therefore I opened the car's door and stepped outside. I pulled the suitcase with me, and slammed the door.

"Bye", I said neutrally and headed for the building, which seemed to be in central of Redford.

"Hey there, and welcome! Please leave your luggage here, and tell your name", brunette woman smiled to me.

"Zach Dean Herron", I told and landed my luggage.

"Thank you. Your real name is Zachary, right?" the woman assured and eyed some papers on her hands.

I nodded briefly, and tucked my hair behind little nervously.

"Alright. Go in, please."

I stepped in of the wooden building, instantly thinking how this place seemed so old and dusty.

Inside I confronted many teens sitting on their chairs with frustrated faces. I could tell that any of them was there at their own will.

My look froze as soon as I noticed a girl scrolling her phone. She had plump lips, dark eyes, sharp chin, even pretty cute boobs - and she totally knew how to do make-up.

If I had to stay here for a next month, why not to make it little more comfortable? I put my best smirk on the face, and started to walk towards that girl. She didn't notice me until I settled down on her left side.

The girl raised her look, and curved another brow questioningly - her expression seemed rude.

"Hi, you look damn fine", I smirked and bit my bottom lip lightly.

"So I've been told", she just snorted and kept scrolling her phone.

At least my first expression of her was correct.

"Well, did you told them what's your name?"

She lifted her eyes on me again, this time looking even more annoyed. She was about to say something when I felt a kick against my shoe.

"Hey jerk, that's my seat."

The voice and kick came from attractive, red haired girl. She stared me with challenging grin.

[VANESSA'S POV]
"Good try, but there aren't any named seats", the strange guy laughed freely.

It goes without saying that this guy had strong confidence about himself. Maybe a bit too strong.

The red haired girl took a step closer to the boy, devilish smile on her face. She landed her shoe's sharp heel over his foot, and put weight on it. At the same time she made sure that other people didn't see that.

"Well, now there is. Move your ass, would you?"

The boy looked us in confusion, but then covered it with amused smirk.

"Okay, whatever."

The red haired lifted her heel, and brune boy left in hurry, going to sit with other boys.

Smug smile arrived on the girl's lips as she calmly sat next to me.

"I like your attitude", I glanced her with impressed look.

"Ariana Vaughan", she introduced herself briefly, keeping the proud grin on her face.

"Vanessa."

"Maybe we will be roommates, Vanessa", Ariana raised her another brow momentarily while keeping her look straight ahead.

I hadn't even thought issues such as room mates. Somehow I kept telling myself that I ain't staying here longer than a minute. But now it seemed impossible to run away, as nearest cottage was like 10 miles away.

I didn't respond anything to her.

But I had a bad feeling abour the next four weeks.

Like, really bad.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

628K 21.1K 92
she sits with him on the school bus, yet they never talk to each other.
108K 2.7K 26
Your parents sent you away to a private school, the same one as your cousin James is going to. Trying to survive private school life with a little he...
199K 5.4K 25
In this case, you don't fall in love with a bad boy. He falls in love with you.
6.3M 54.2K 53
"It wasn't like I was a hater or anything, I just had better things to do than stalk One Direction's Twitter and Facebook page." Ella Strauss once sa...