A Memory Away

By KNGKAY

[HR: #2 in Young Adult 28/3/19] ❛❛One look and I fell in love again.❜❜ ❈ ❈ ❈ "Aren't you going to say anythin... More

Book One
0| Reminder
1| Everyone's Fucked Up
2| Golden locket
3| Quinillia's Academy
4| Satan would be jealous
5| Numbed
6| Asshole Pack
7| Bad Guy
9| Vending Machine
10| Eavesdropping
11| Any More Creepy
12| Hopelessly Hopeful
13| Football
14| Scars
15| Babies
16| List of Suspects
17| Hook Up
18| Not Again
19| Threats
20| Murderer
21| Put Some Ice
22| Sides
23| You Don't Belong Here
24| Peace
25| Setting Boundaries
26| Intake Overdose
27| Reading People
28| Big Mistake
29| Expelled
30| A Safe Place
31| Rooftop Confessions
32| Displeasure
33| How It Feels
34| Acquaintance
35| The Truth
36| The Past
37| Couples and Escape Plans
38| We'll Be Fine
SEQUEL
CHECK OUT MY OTHER BOOKS!

8| Secrets

7.6K 266 24
By KNGKAY

S E B A S T I A N

"New girl?!" Josh exclaimed in shock while Luke looks at me like I'm crazy.

The grip on my hair tightens as painful memories start to come crashing back. Memories I tried so hard to forget and not think of because it came all to an end. But now, it looks like it never did.

It just makes no sense!

"Dude, you on drugs?" Luke chuckled making me snap my attention to him and give him a dreadful glare. The last thing I want now is to doubt myself.

"No, Luke. I'm not on fucking drugs," I spat with anger only to make him raise his arms in surrender.

"Wait, how did this happen? I'm not really following," Josh mumbled in confusion.

I let out a heavy breath when I started to remember pure scenarios of the days I felt free. The days where I never got to worry about feeling guilty for the things that I've done. The days where the only thing that hurt was seeing her cry.

How could this happen? My life ended when I saw her die.

I let my back rest on my bed so I could stare at the ceiling blankly as I start remembering things that made my heart flutter. It didn't take long for me to go back to my dark place.

"Me neither," I said while biting my tongue. "I don't know how or why but all I know is that she's here and alive."

She's not dead.

"What if your mind is just playing games?" he suggested. "It happened to you before."

I shook my head. "Nah, I'm not hallucinating. You see her too!"

He opened his mouth to say something but then closed it, only to nod his head.

"Maybe she's a ghost and here to haunt you!" Luke comments with a fake gasp, making me roll my eyes at him.

"Just shut up!" Josh hissed at him with annoyance.

He chuckled at both of us, not taking any of what I'm saying seriously. But I mean, who can blame him? I'm not even sure if my mind isn't playing games.

"Okay, fine!" he sighed, rolling his eyes. "You want a reasonable explanation? She's just a new girl with the same name and face."

"Really?" I raised my eyebrows. "Then how come does she have the exact same heart-shaped locket?"

He scoffed at me. "So what? There's a lot of girls who wear lockets! You said it yourself, you didn't see what's inside. What evidence do you get?"

"Yeah, because having the same name, the same face and the same necklace is not enough."

"She kicked me in the balls!" he snapped frustratingly. "What do you want me to say?"

"Nothing, Luke. Just shut the hell up," Josh ordered. "Plus, you deserve it."

"Whatever, man. I'm just stating the obvious."

I rolled my eyes again and sat back up. My leg was jumping uncontrollably that I was too stressed, I couldn't sit down anymore.

I started pacing around the room.

If she is the real Mia, that means she didn't die. But why the hell is she acting like a different person?!

"Why didn't you just confront her?"

"Cause she doesn't know who the hell I am!" I snapped kicking a football that was on the floor at the wooden wall creating a loud thud. Good thing the room next door isn't taken by anyone...

"I spoke to her twice and she didn't even recognize me," I continued feeling overwhelmed with disappointment. "It's like she's brainwashed or something."

"Amnesia," Luke stated, making both me and Josh look at him with confusion. "What? Never heard of that song by '5SOS'?"

Is he serious right now?!

"It means memory loss, for God's sake!" he exclaimed, irritated by our seriousness. "My aunt got one when she had an accident."

"Did she recover?" Josh asked.

"No. Not really, she died," he replied.

I cracked a painful chuckle. "Great! Now I know she'll die again!"

"You're welcome." Luke winked. Is he trying to die tonight?!

"Just ignore what Luke said." Josh sent Luke a glare at which he replied to by blowing him a kiss. "I've read about this a few years back, she won't die."

"First we need to know if she's the real Mia."

"I already have a plan for that," I told them.

"Which is?"

"We're sneaking into Andrea's office."

"And then she said, oh Luke! Take me now! And I was like, You asked for it, whatever your name was... And then, I cu-"

"Shut up," I warned stopping my track only to make Luke bump into me.

His eyes travelled from grossed Joshua to bored me with confusion. "What? You can rant about the new girl the whole night but I can't talk about my exciting affairs?! Admit it! You're just jealous that I get some action, virgin boy."

"No, Luke. I'd love to hear more stories about you destroying yet another girl's internal organs," I whispered sarcastically while Josh snorts. "But the problem is, there are fucking guards coming our way!"

At this, both of them got alarmed as they cursed under their breaths. Not taking any more chances, we all went the hide behind something.

Next to a vending machine, I held my breath when I heard footsteps getting louder and closer. And from what I can make out, there were maybe 4 or 5 of them. The last thing I want right now is to get caught.

As if I'd follow Andrea's stupid rules.

A couple of seconds passed as their footsteps started fading away. And once they were barely heard, I walked out.

"That was close!" Josh sighed in relief as he comes out from behind the lockers while Luke from behind a big plant pot.

The fuck is wrong with him?!

"Yeah, so why not keep our voices down a bit," I said, looking at Luke precisely while he blows me a kiss. "Oh, and just because I don't share my sex life with you, doesn't mean I'm a virgin."

I ran a hand through my hair and went back to my main plan, Andrea's office, with the boys walking next to me.

"Really?" Luke raised an eyebrow. "When was the last time you've had sex?"

Not wanting to share anything, I chose to ignore him and continue walking.

"Exactly," he stated while I just shook my head, still ignoring him but with a smile.

"Okay, how about you stop talking," Joshua said as he shivered in disgust. "No one cares about your sex life."

"Yeah, go ahead and play innocent Jo." I tried to hold my laugh when Luke started teasing him. "I know you've been secretly seeing that swimmer guy with the tight underwear."

I couldn't help but burst out of laughter when I caught his face turning red. "Seb, you told him?!" he freaked out.

"Was I supposed to keep it a secret?" I hissed with guilt but it was too funny not to laugh.

He looked at me betrayed and shocked. "I'm never telling you anything again!"

"C'mon, Josh! I tell you everything!" I ruffled his curly hair into a mess, only to make him madder.

"Excuse me!" Luke gasped offensively. "You two share secrets without me?"

I waved him off. "It's not like you'd listen," I told him making him shrug in agreement.

"True..."

With that being said, we took a few turns before we found ourselves in front of Andrea's office. I backed up and motioned Joshua to the locked door.

"Go ahead. You do you," I encouraged him with a head bow.

He rolled his eyes at me before he bent down, took a few tools out from his jacket and started picking up the lock.
And after a few minutes, he successfully took out the whole doorknob and its lock.

Perks of having an engineer father.

I pushed the door slightly only for it to slide open. Once I entered, Joshua came in while Luke took guard duty.

I flicked the lights open and went to look around her office. Looking messy and crowded with paperwork as always.

"So, what are we looking for?" Josh asked as he looks around for nothing in particular.

"Mia's files," I said going for the filing cabinets. "Look for a file with her name on it."

"There are over a thousand students here. This could take a lot."

I shook my head. "She's new, which means her file may be still her. Andrea stacks all the files in the cabinet room with the rest."

"And you know that how?" he gave me a confused look as I shrug.

I started with the first filing cabinet, opening each drawer and searching every file. Yet before I could continue with the second drawer of the many there, Joshua stopped me.

"Found it," he announced.

I turned around and looked at him surprised when I saw him sitting on Andrea's seat and proudly holding up a big file. "It was sitting right there," he pointed at the table.

I furrowed my eyebrows, surprised that he found it in less than the minute we entered. "She must be still working on it." was the only conclusion I thought of.

Quickly, I walked towards him and opened the file. There was a lot of papers with just numbers on them. Some were reports that I didn't bother checking out because there were too many words to read. Yet that was when I found a copy of a patient information form. So, I took the paper and started reading it.

Unexpectedly, there wasn't information about her, but hospital forms. Most of the papers were medical forms and full of gibberish I didn't understand. However, I remembered that she had gone through a lot of injuries and that she was moved into several hospitals. None of her parents were there to help.

"Amnesia!" I exclaimed when I saw a word I knew the meaning of. "It confirms here that Mia is diagnosed with memory loss. It just doesn't say if it's temporarily."

Josh glanced at me with a shrug before he went back to the papers he was checking. I shook my head and continued to shuffle through the reports.

And that was when I found a picture. Her picture.

Okay, don't freak out! Don't freak out. It's definitely her.

"Dude," Joshua mumbled in shock. "She has a criminal record for murder!"

Confused, I took the paper from his hands and started to read it. "That's not for her," I sighed in relief. "It's her father's and he's in jail."

I warned her. I swear I did!

"Guys!" we heard Luke call from the outside. "Better hurry, I hear footsteps."

"So what?!" Joshua whispered yelling while he collects all the papers and puts them back in the file. "Is it her or not?"

I nodded my head. "It's her."

I handed him the picture I found and he started observing it quiet. This picture was not taken recently. She was ten in that picture.

He hummed. "Okay, now we need to figure out how to bring back her memory."

I nodded my head before I took the picture and slipped the picture back into the file. And once we were done fixing the place like it was, we hurried outside the room where Joshua wasted no time in bending down to screw the doorknob back in place.

"Hurry up before we get caught," Luke ordered as he looks around alarmed.

"I'm trying!" Josh hissed back.

One minute later, Joshua got up on his feet and locked the door. "Okay, I'm done."

With that, we quickly walked down the hallway while trying not to make any loud noises.

We took the path we came here with, with Luke leading us. Which was a bad idea because all of a sudden, he stopped his track and ran backwards instead, crashing at both of me and Josh.

"What the hell, dude?! I snapped only for him to shush me.

"Someone's there!" he face palmed himself.

"A guard?" I asked but he shook his head.

And you thought you won't get to see an 'Asshole Pack' chapter. Who would've thought they had a goofy side...?

What do you think about Sebastian's first POV?

Funny how he seems obsessed with Mia. Why though? How does he know all about her accident?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

439 22 18
...Ongoing... March, 2024 "Spring brings hope of love in a person's life." When I close my eyes, these words still echo in ears. I remember them as i...
132K 4.6K 35
"Do you touch yourself Mia?" he whispers. I blush with embarrassment, but I can't lie to him at this moment. He's back in control. "Yes,"I breath out...
50.1K 1K 37
I would bet none of you have ever had that dream summer that all of us want.... that summer where you meet a boy on the beach and go surfing even tho...
232K 6.7K 49
|| General Fiction || || Romance || Currently Ranked - 06 in lovehaterslationship 02 in wattpadlovestory "Ale..x i did..n't.. do" i stammered, i...