Vintage Love

By softaura

❝You're sleeping with your professor, aren't you?❞ ... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
I M P O R T A N T
1 million.
Notice (important)

Chapter 25

35.1K 1.9K 1.1K
By softaura

SEE YOU.

"Alright, I'll end the class here," Archer said, slamming his book shut. "Thank you, everyone." He thanked the class as they stood up and dispersed. 

I walked over to his desk after the lecture theatre clears out. 

"Did you get any of that?" He teased and I hit his shoulder playfully.

"Yes, I did." I looked at him, crossing my arms over my chest. "But, I'm still confused with the plot holes." I said and for some reason he tensed up.

"I didn't expect you to catch that." He said as he stared at me.

"Did you think of me as some bimbo?" I narrowed my eyes at him whilst he leaned against his desk.

"Pretty much, yea." He nodded, his lips forming a teasing smirk.

"Ass." I tried walking away but he pulled onto my arm.

"I'm kidding." He looked down at me, a smile lingering on his lips. He brings me to him and I almost forget that we're in school as soon as the warmth of his body embraces me. I can tell he's forgotten to based on the fervent look masking his features.

He leaned in to kiss me but at that moment the doors open. We instantly pull away from each other as our heads darted to the door.

"Oh." The voice peeped.

"Amanda!" Archer let out a nervous laugh.

"Am I interrupting something?" She said, a look of confusion painting over her face.

"Not at all." Archer smiled at her and I made my way back to my seat.

I wasn't going to leave the two of them alone in one room.

I trusted him but the petty side of me just didn't like her being alone with him. Maybe with a student around on school grounds, she'll keep the flirting at bay. 

"Well, I was just here to ask if you liked the gift I gave you." She clasped her hands together, her body gravitating towards Archer.

I rolled my eyes, looking up at the both of them. 

She gave you something?  I mouth and Archer stares at me for a moment and winces subtly since her eyes were still on him. 

The look he gave me communicated disgust which gets my mood lighter. Archer focuses his gaze on Amanda once again. 

"Actually, I haven't had the chance to open it yet, it's in my drawer. I'll get to it soon." He beamed at her.

Amanda let her head bob into a nod as she sprung out a question, "Would you like to have lunch with me?" She asked, eyes widening in the process.

I see Archer's body stiffen as he looked at me, as though waiting for permission.

I subtly nod my head showing him that I was okay with even though I wasn't. But I wanted him out of the room.

The petty part of me consumes my entire being and now I couldn't function until I knew what she got him. 

"Red." He bid me goodbye as he walked out of the room with Amanda.

The moment the room emptied out, I sprung to his desk.

"What the hell did she get you?" I muttered under my breath as I rummaged through his first drawer. But all I found were papers.

I knelt onto the ground, trying to open the second drawer but it was locked.

I pulled against it violently, shaking the entire table, but it still wouldn't budge. 

"Ugh," I groaned as I sat on the ground. I tested my luck by taking a bobby pin from my pocket and meddling with the lock.

I doubted it would work but a few minutes later, there was a loud click.

I pulled it open hastily and went through it, but came across something different.

I picked it up and let it rest in the palm of my hands. "Why is this here?" I questioned mentally as I stared at the vintage key.

As the cool metal warmed up against my skin, I recalled the torn pieces of paper I had in my bag. I set my bag on his desk, placing the key on the table along with it and began taking out pieces of the paper. My heart begins to hammer against my chest.

I only picked up a few pieces of the magazine papers. The one with his full name and other parts of an article that didn't make sense.

That wasn't what shocked me. It was the pieces of newspaper that I managed to put together. The headline clear and bold even after all these years.

Teen dies in car wreck.

My hands shake as I stared at the photo that has haunted me for the past couple of years. The one that drove me out of my town. 

Why does Archer have an article of the night of the accident? How long has he had this?

I heard footsteps in the distance and I panicked. I stuffed the key into my back pocket while kicking the drawer shut.

I cram the papers back in my bag and slung it over my shoulder, leaving the lecture theatre the next moment.

• • • 

"What is she doing with him?" Lina questioned as she motioned her head towards Amanda and Archer.

"He's only doing this because she was on to the both of us," I said, stuffing my face with food. 

Honestly, I was glad Amanda was keeping him busy because I didn't know how I felt about Archer keeping the article from the accident. He could've found it online but he had gotten the copy of the newspaper that was printed the day after.

Lina's silence snaps me out of my thoughts because Lina doesn't do silence. I looked up at her and my brows knit together for a moment. She wasn't paying attention to me and her eyes were following something behind me. 

My eyes follow her gaze until it lands on Jace walking by. I see her crumple slightly and her eyes dim before fixating on her plate, her lips set in a tiny pout.

"Okay, what's going on between you and Mr Parker?" I asked, putting my utensils down as I crossed my arms.

"I told you, no questions." She shook her head, her tone softening.

While things have been going smoothly with Archer and I, Lina's been distancing herself with Jace and I never knew why. I suspected they slept together but knowing Lina, that wouldn't bother her as much as whatever truly is on her mind.

I sighed, looking down at my plate. "Fine," I said. 

I took the last bite of my meal and got ready to clear my plate but then a voice called out to me, "Red!" I turned around and smiled.

"Jax!" I went over to him and he instantly wrapped his arms around me. "What are you doing here?" I asked as he pressed me to his chest.

"Just wanted to see you." I feel him pull away. "How are you?" He asked looking down at me and I felt my heart go heavy at the thought of Riley.

"Better," and it felt good saying it because to a certain extent, I did feel better. "What about you? I see the cast is off." I looked at his arm as he started waving it.

"It's all better." He smiled, the corners of his eyes creasing in the process.

"Have you heard from Luca recently?" Jax asks and a sudden chill goes up my spine. I've barely thought about him for months. 

"No, I haven't. Is something wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong. I just wanted to see if he was a man of his word when he said he was moving and leaving you alone." Jax said and I nod. 

I was about to bring him to go see Lina but I felt someone hovering behind me.

"Red, is everything okay?" Archer asked as he stood beside me. He was staring at Jax intently. 

I laughed, "Everything's fine." I give Jax a look, "this is my professor." I emphasised and a smirk was instantly plastered onto his face. I had told Jax about my relationship with Archer over a phone call we had recently and he was surprised. 

"I kinda expected this from Lina. Getting into a scandal with a professor was all she used to rave about but you? I'm impressed." He had said, sounding genuinely impressed.

"Archer, this is Jackson Vaughn," I say and I see him relaxing. 

Jax nods his head in acknowledgement. "Nice to meet you."

"Likewise," Archer stated and we fall into an awkward silence.  

"You should go say hi to Lina." I finally spoke out. I gesture him towards Lina who was sulking at the table. 

As soon as he leaves, Archer whispers down to me. "He knows about us?"

"Yea," I met his gaze. "Is that bad?" I asked, starting to get anxious.

"No, no. It's good, he'll know his place then." He gave me a mischievous grin.

"Archer," I click my tongue,  "he's a good friend."

"Whatever." He sang, walking away. 

"Wait-" I stopped him instinctively, wanting to ask about the key and the newspaper article but realised that I'd look bad for breaking into his drawer.

Archer walked back to me, stuffing his hand into his pocket, "Yeah?"

"Can I come over today? I need help with Vintage Love." I asked, not knowing how else to cover it up.

"Is that even a question?" He smiled warmly. "See you at home." He winks, spinning on his heel as he left.

. . .

A/N: sorry for the boring chapters, omg. i swear the
next chapter starts to get weird, LMAO.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

79.4K 2.7K 51
She thought he was her college professor. Reality check: he was anything but. ~~~ 🖤 ~~~ Ellora Davis is an average college student, naive of the dan...
181K 12.7K 57
All Jennifer Adrian wants is to finish school and head to the big city to chase her dreams, but it's not easy when her heart wants something else. ...
481K 16.9K 44
"How long has he been hurting you?" There it is. The question I dreaded, but I promised him I would be honest, so I took a deep breath and answered. ...
285K 15K 35
-A collection of Short Stories- 99.9% desi!!!! Marriage of convenience -Tere Naina || Abhimanyu x Naina [Completed] Age Gap - Gal Karke || Vihaan...