Hearth and Home

By ANephilimsCurse

Motivation is what everyone needs. In times of great peril, it's nice to be reminded not to give up. It becam... More

Chapter One.
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four.
Chapter Five.
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight.
Chapter Nine.
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve.
Chapter Thirteen.
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three.
Chapter Twenty Four.
Chapter Twenty Five.
Chapter Twenty-Six.
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine.
Chapter Thirty.
Chapter Thirty- One
Chapter Thirty- Two

Chapter Nineteen.

179 5 1
By ANephilimsCurse

Altissia was beautiful, that much was evident but Prompto seemed to be the most beautiful as he continued to stay by her side like the loyal friend he was, helping her from the boat to the dock even though she didn't need it. 

''It would be nice to have a picture of you here, In that dress. ''He said to her quietly, glancing towards the boys to make sure they hadn't heard.

Kiara's nose scrunched and she shook her head. ''No one's seeing me in that dress ever again.'' Prompto chuckled, pulling her in the direction they were supposed to be going in ... they assumed, they were after all searching for a bar and a guy named Weskham. 

Trailing up the back of the group, Kiara secretly practised her summoning, as it was one the abilities she was supposed to have mastered by this point in her life. A small orange fox with blue eyes appeared at her feet, smiling, Kiara made sure that the boys wouldn't see it before she gave it a message and sent it to find no other than Lady Lunafreya. 

On her right hand, Kiara's nail on her pinky finger, painted itself a bright orange. 

''One helluva crowd.'' She heard Prompto speak just moments before she bumped into a strange. She mouthed a quick sorry before catching up with her friends, eyes dropping on the white gown in the window of a store. 

''And that's the dress. My word.'' Ignis marvelled. Beside the dress was a picture of Lunfreya, no doubt making this dress the one she would wear for the wedding If the wedding was even still going to happen. Kiara hoped it would, she loved a good wedding.  

''Everyone looks so happy, And its all because of this one dress.''

''It's a wedding, Prompto.'' Kiara smiled, slinging an arm over Noctis's shoulders. ''Though it's bad luck to see the dress before the wedding, you know.'' 

''Real glad for you that Lady Lunafreya's safe and sound.'' 

''That settles it.'' Gladio spoke, his voice as soft as it was ever going to get. ''you gotta make it happen - become a symbol of the peace. After we tie up all the loose ends, let's think about the ceremony.'' 

''Colour theme, I'm thinking a nice shade somewhere between blue and purple?'' 

''A fine idea.'' the corner of Ignis's mouth turned up at the colour that popped into his mind. 

''Yeah, I'll think about it.'' 

Kiara could tell that Noctis wanted to marry Luna, It was all over his face the moment he saw the dress. Add that to the fact that Lunafreya was quite possibly the kindest thing in Eos and it was a recipe for a long happy life on the throne with her husband - she could see the fantasy playing in Noctis's head on repeat until the moment he came back to the land of the living. 

Maagho wasn't too far around the corner, The gondola ride was short and quiet, it added a nice feeling of tranquillity to all the stress they had all been through. 

''Welcome to Accordo, Lads...and lady.'' weskham spoke the moment they stepped off the gondola. ''Cid mentioned you'd be dropping in. Weskham Armough, as you've gathered. My word you've grown little prince.'' 

''You talk..I'm eating,'' Kiara told Noctis as she handed Weskham the menu, silently pointing at what she wanted, she was starving. Weskham provided information on everything that Noctis asked and most of it was rather interesting, especially that of the Leviathan - the next god on the list for Noctis to receive a blessing from. 

But still, there was that sense of foreboding bubbling in her stomach and she didnt like it; the last time her stomach felt like this, Insomnia fell and it didn't disappear when a woman entered the conversation. 

''Gentlemen, I won't waste your time.'' She spoke with arms crossed. ''My name is Camelia Claustra.'' 

''First secretary of the Accordo Protectorate'' Ignis stated. 

''You should know, We have the Lady Lunafreya in our care and the empire demands we surrender her.''

''What?''

''Yet I am loath to acquiesce unless we stand to profit. Hence I've come to discuss terms...with the King of Lucis. If you've a mind to talk, come to my estate.''

''She can be oblique at the best of times, but I assure you her heart is in the right place.''

''Oh okay.'' Prompto didn't seem like he believed Weskham. 

''At any rate, you must be weary from your journey. Might I suggest you seek your beds for now and ponder new matters in the morning?''

''That sounds mighty fine, My dear friend,'' Kiara spoke up, placing her gil for the meal on the bar in front of Weskham and slipping from the seat. ''first good news, I've heard all day.'' It was like someone switched her on, the energy bursting from her just as it was time for said energy to slow down. 

She bounded up to Prompto and grabbed a hold of his hands with hers, growing close enough to touch her nose with his ''Bedtime.'' Time slowed for Prompto as Kiara tilted her head to nudge her forehead against his before pulling away and dragging him towards the gondola. 

Behind them, Gladio chuckled. ''Looks like there's another wedding in our future.'' 

''I can't imagine Kiara in any kind of dress, Let alone one for a wedding,'' Noctis replied, giving his own quiet chuckle as they approached the Gondola. 

''It does seem pretty farfetched,'' Ignis added, taking his own glance towards Kiara ad Prompto. ''Although - she does seem to have attached herself to him.''

''Yeah'' Noctis said, his smile small and eyes soft as he observed his best friend with a pretty girl....Queen, Looking happier than he ever did even if he was blushing. ''I'm glad.'' 

''Come on, guys! you're so slow!'' Kiara moaned as the guys just now boarded the Gondola, minutes after she'd told the guy where they wanted to go. ''What were you talking about?'' 

''Your favouritism for Prompto.'' Gladio grinned, purposely knocking her as he passed. ''I think Iggy's jealous.'' 

''Oh really?'' She knew he was joking, Gladio was always obvious to read when he was joking.  She jumped up from her seat, plopping herself in Ignis's lap. ''Come now, Iggy. It's alright, there's still room in the bed with me and Prompto.'' 

Ignis cleared his throat and turned his head away. ''I assure you, I want no part in your nighttime escapades.'' Though it was what he said, Ignis couldn't help the blush that spread on his cheeks. Being shooed away by the attainer, Kiara chuckled and dropped herself back towards Prompto. 

''But you're not wrong, Prompto is my favourite.''  Due to the finality of her words, No one else said anything else until they arrived at the Leville - the hotel they would stay the night at. Gentiana awaited in the lobby of the leville and said something cryptic like she usually does, but after was when the boys and Kiara could finally sit themselves down and rest. 

Kiara was talking with Ignis on the far side of the room as Prompto sat in a chair and fiddled with the thing in his pocket. ''You still have that?'' Noctis asked, coming up to sit beside his best friend. ''You've had that since we first got to Lestallum.'' 

''I know, I just can't - ''

''You really suck with girls, Prompto.'' 

''I know.'' 

''Just walk up to her and give it to her! It's not that hard!'' 

''What's not hard?'' Kiara's voice appeared, making it Obvious that Noctis had been speaking far too loud with that last sentence. Immediately to save his own skin, Noctis grabbed his friend's shoulders, pulled him up to his feet and pushed him in the direction of Kiara. 

''Prompto has something for you. See you later!'' 

Prompto's face was tilted downwards towards the floor in a bashful attempt to make himself disappear as Kiara stood in front of him, awaiting what he had for her. There was no way she'd let him walk away without even a small explanation, so slowly and wordlessly, Prompto pulled the item from his pocket and held it out for her to take. 

It dangled in front of her, swinging gently from side to side until she took it carefully and looked at it in confusion. It was a small silver heart Locket, the visage of a bird engraved on the front,  ''Open it!'' Noctis voice shouted at her from the crack in the bathroom door. 

Inside were two pictures, miniaturised to sit pretty either side of the locket, on one side was a group photo of her and the boys, while on the other was just a picture of her and Prompto. Smiling, Kiara unclasped it and lifted it up and around her neck to secure it on her chest before pulling Prompto in for a hug. 

''I love it, Thank you.'' She murmured in his ear softly. 

And it was entirely possible that he loved her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Not going to lie. I keep forgetting that i have to update this until something on tumblr reminds me. Sowwy!!! but you still get them! better late than never right!!?? XD 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 229 54
In my life your all in or all out. It's a lesson I had to learn and had I learned it earlier, I'd have saved myself a lot of heartbreak, time, and ru...
15.4K 524 35
A guardian, known as a fragment of one's soul. They're spiritual beings only few have been able to manifest. Bound for life, a guardian is sworn to p...
1.1K 27 32
Have you ever thought of living in a world filled with mythical creatures? Well, I have. Take the journey through my life and see what happens once y...
48 3 12
I decided i wanted to do Her second life but in Kyleighs perspective. So this is before it and during it. So read Her Second Life first then read th...