Lost | Tom Riddle ✔

By _nomad_

"Sweetheart, you are the badger, I am the snake, but in this chase, I am the predator and you are my prey." ... More

Cover
Extended Summary
Chapter 0: Meeting Her
Chapter 1
Please Read
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Facts : From Author's Desk
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Characters : From Author's Desk
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Behind the kisses : From Author's Desk
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
OMG moment for this story
Chapter 44
Plot Holes : From Author's Desk
New Story : Dating Blindly
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Blooming romance
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chemistry: From Author's Desk
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Decoding Tom : From Author's Desk
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Trailer
A friendly competition
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Epilogue I: Meanwhile
Epilogue II: Repercussion
Family Ties and Trees
The Last Note: From an Author's Desk
Q&A
New Story
All the alternate endings
Bonus Chapter
Sequel?
Sequel

Chapter 23

57.6K 2.1K 350
By _nomad_

Tom was walking in his common room. To say he was angry was an understatement. He was insanely furious. No one had slapped him. Not even those muggles in his orphanage had the guts to do so. And here he was getting slapped by some pathetically shy badger. Tom rubbed his hand on his right cheek.

It was past midnight. The Slytherin common room was deserted. Everyone was asleep, but Tom was not. If not for his impatient footsteps the room was completely silent. The only companion Tom had was the fire in that old fireplace. He stopped near it. Perhaps too near, because he could feel himself getting warmer. However, the heat of that almost dying fire was nothing compared to the rage that was burning him.

"Aguamenti" He muttered pointing his wand toward those burning woods. Clean, fresh water poured out of that magical stick killing the only source of warmth in that dungeon. The smoke filled the room.

"Tom? What are you still doing here?" A small, very tired voice asked him. Tom didn't bother to turn and acknowledge his best friend. Anthony was skipping the stairs. His hands were busy rubbing his sleepy eyes. After giving him one week of the silent treatment, Tom realized that he was acting childish. He was not foolish enough to lose his best friend over the girl who was not yet claimed by him. Well, yes he had acknowledged that Alexa belonged to him, but that was done only in his mind. It was not like he was going to be this generous every single time.

"What are you still doing here?" Anthony repeated himself. He continued when he saw Tom's very troubled expressions "What's wrong?" The concern laced to every word he spoke. His ocean blue eyes were looking at him expectantly. This was the first reason he tolerated Avery. That boy was caring. And though Tom was never going to admit it aloud, he liked to think that someone was there to look out for him.

Tom lifted his hand from his now swelling cheek. A gasp left Anthony's pink lips, parting them in the process.

"W-What? H-How?" Words left him, seeing his best friend like that.

"She slapped me." Tom hissed. "That stupid, annoying, -"

He was cut off when Anthony exclaimed, "Alexa slapped you!"

Tom turned to look at his friend to see that his friend had placed both of his hands in front of his mouth. His eyes were wide open. Disbelief was written all over his face. Tom turned away. His not-so-swollen cheek was getting a colour. A hearty laugh echoed through the room, embarrassing him even more.

"Oh, Salazar! Did you get slapped? That too by a girl? How is this even possible?" Anthony continued laughing.

Tom composed himself. He wanted to take revenge. Revenge for all the humiliation he was feeling.

"Whatever" Tom replied sternly. "Now tell me what did you find?"

Anthony composed himself "I am just going to pretend you didn't just change the topic very abruptly," The annoying smirk was still in its place. "and tell you that I didn't find a lot."

Tom looked at him. He was completely let down by his friend. Antonin Avery, Anthony's father was an Auror, and Anthony was his father's favourite, so it was pretty easy for him to get his hands on the ministry related stuff. Even the most private stuff.

"But I did find something," Anthony added.

"What is it?" Tom ordered.

Anthony placed a copy of some muggle newspaper in Tom's hand. Tom looked down at the cutting which was at least a year old. The headline read "Sienna Winters was found dead in the dark alley near Leaky Cauldron, London."

Sienna Winters. He found that name familiar, but from where? Ah yes! It was there in Alexa's school record. Her guardian was some woman named Sienna Winters.

"Is this -" Tom muttered.

Without giving him the chance to continue, Anthony interrupted "Sienna Winters nee Goldstein. The article said that she used to live with her daughter. I am guessing that Alexa is pretending to be that anonymous daughter."

Tom read that news. He reread it. Though he lived in a Muggle orphanage, he was not accustomed to their newspapers. To be honest he found them dull. Maybe that's the reason he didn't come across that news before.

"Daughter? But she was mentioned as her aunt in the records. If she was her mother, why was she mentioned as an aunt?" Tom asked himself. Tom looked at the photo of the dead woman. The similarity that her face had with that of Alexa's screamed that there was a connection between those two females. "Why wasn't anything of this mentioned in Daily Prophet?"

"I don't know. Maybe they just missed it?" Anthony replied clearly unsure of himself.

Missed? It was impossible. A murder, that too this close to Wizardry world, was not something Daily Prophet was going to miss. Was someone trying to hide this news? If yes, then who? And most importantly why? There were so many unanswered questions. And there was only one person who had answers for them. That was her, the same girl who seemed to own his mind. The same violet-eyed witch. In the next meeting, he was going to confront her. And he was going to make sure that there was no place for her to run away this time.

~*~*~

If you liked this chapter, please vote.

Thank you all!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

37.4K 977 35
Marziana and Tom just got engaged a few months ago. She has been stressed for planning the wedding and getting everything situated as Tom and her ar...
79.6K 2.9K 30
A story can start with the most unusual beginning. And this one begins with a patient losing her mind and fighting to stay sane as she undergoes trea...
217K 6.5K 38
In the wake of an abrupt storm, Davina Jones is violently torn from all she holds dear, finding herself marooned on an island whispered of in childre...
965K 22K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.