Mon Frere ✓

By lestwinssugar

After twenty-one years of being apart from each other, Laurent and Larry Bourgeois, now twenty-six years old... More

one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen:
eighteen:
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
Happy Birthday, Les Twins
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty-seven
twenty-eight
Happy Birthday, Lau and Lar
twenty-nine
thirty
thirty-two
thirty-three: THE END

thirty one

1.3K 85 45
By lestwinssugar

Please forgive any mistakes 🙏

-

Thirty one: Reconciliation?

Laurent's POV

Marcus and I left Annabel's place by 7:45, and headed to my mum's place. I had been on the road when I felt it already was a lost course and I should just turn around, but I had to keep faith and remind myself this is for Larry. I was doing this for Larry and it was enough to motivate me to keep going.

"How'd you feel?" Marcus asked from the driver's side.

"A bit relieved. We won Annabel over," I answered sincerely.

"Yeah. Annabel is a good woman. She has a good heart. Always has."

"I figured that out today. And I'm glad Larry doesn't have to worry about losing Latifah."

"Me too. That nigga has been through a lot. I can't wait for my man to be back." Obviously, Marcus missed the old Larry.

"He will be," I said, hopefully. "He will be."

It seemed like all the places that always seemed very long to get to became really close, because mum's house at the least was a 30 minutes drive, but doubt we were in the car for 15 minutes, because the next thing I knew, I was walking up to the porch.

"Laurent-"

Before Marcus could finish his sentence, I put my hand up and knocked on the door.

I gave Marcus a nervous look which he returned with a soft smile. I was dying inside with nervousness. I loved my mum a lot and I knew that this moment was going to break that love or make that feeling.

As much as I wanted to retract my steps, leave that place and never ever come back, I also knew Larry would never fully recover without mum, so I had to at least try. If not for anything, for Larry, for his happiness and the love I had for him.

So I knocked again, harder this time.

I could feel Marcus' fear emitting from his body also but it was now or never. Nothing could hold me back anymore I had to figure all my shit out and focus on other aspects of my life, those aspects that had built me up and shaped me to become the man I was - my dance and my fans.

My hand went to knock again but this time, Marcus held my arm. I turned to look at him.

A soft smile flashed on his face. "She already answered," My breathe hitched. "She's coming."

I let my eyes linger on Marcus as my lungs started to cave in. I wasn't even flying, why did it feel like I was going to die?

"Who is it?" Mum's voice called from the other side of the door.

My eyes shifted to the door and I opened my mouth to speak but no words came out.

"Mama B, it's Marcus."

"Oh, Marcus. So early," Keys jiggled from inside. "Is everything okay?"

"Yes, mama. I just wanted to talk for a moment."

"Okay but you could have-"

The door flew open and I was face to face with my mum- the woman that had come to hate me for my heart's desire.

Her hand fell from the door frame and I saw her expression automatically change. My heart broke into shreds at how she looked at me- like I was a bad fruit in a bowl of freshly picked fruits.

"Mama B-"

"Marcus, you said you wanted to talk. What is he doing here?"

"Mama B, please just hear him out. Please."

Without uttering a word, she walked back into the house with the door open. Marcus followed her, pulling me slowly by my wrist.

I stood at the side, while she had gone to take a sit by what seemed to be an altar. There were crucifixes, candles, a rosary, holy water and the lots on a small table.

You made me this way, God, fix it. Please.

But I knew he wasn't listening, he never did listen to me and I knew he wasn't going to start listening now.

I was a sinner after all.

"No child of mine is a sinner. I refuse to believe that," She was rocking her body on a small chair, backing us. "I refuse to believe that."

"Mama B, calm down."

I stood not saying anything because I didn't know what to say. My mother hated me because I was in love with my brother, how could I fix it? I was on a failed mission.

"Marcus, Marcus, Marcus," She continued to call with her voice breaking more each time.

"Mama B, please, it's not his fault. He just loved. Please, Mama B, he's still you son, your little Laurent. The Laurent you're proud of, Mama B. The Laurent that never forgot his mama. Mama B, remember the days without him, those days were hard because your baby boy was away. But he's back now, mama. Back for you. Back to be with you. Please, mama. Laurent is a boy who loves his mama so much. I know deep down you still see him as your baby boy, your baby Lau. Mama, give him a chance, give them a chance. They love each other. A love that is rare, mama. All the love you taught Larry, mama, he practiced it. Larry loves Laurent more than anything in the world, I have never seen a love stronger than that. Nothing can compare. For 12 years, mama, no other person have I seen shine in Larry's eyes the way Laurent does..."

"Marcus," My mum was crying now. I was crying too.

"Mama b, it doesn't have to be hard. It doesn't have to be sinful. Love is different to and for everyone. Please don't allow someone else's definition shape your belief. The bible was written by people like you and me, and they could have written anything true or false. I'm not saying to disregard the words of the bible all I'm asking is to not define it at all. It doesn't have to be tagged anything. We don't have to call it a name. Let them just be, mama. They've both been through a lot. It's been hard for them these weeks, harder when their mother turned her back on them. It's also hard for me, mama, to see my brothers in so much pain and I can't do anything about it. If the world turns their back on them, not us too, mama. Not us. Please, mama. On behalf of Laurent, my bro, and Larry, my best friend, I beg you to reconsider and to accept them. They're your sons, mama. You understand them more than anyone else. Please. I beg you mama. Please."

I felt a hand slip into mine and as I looked down, my tears fell onto the back of Marcus' hand. We were both choking on our tears.

Please, mum. Please. I just wanted everything to go back to normal. I just wanted to be happy again with my Larry. I was tired of the pain. It was too much to handle.

"P-please, mum."

My mother's loud sobs filled the room and it only propelled mine to flow continuously.

For 10 minutes we all cried loudly in the living room with no one saying a meaningful word. Then she spoke.

"The bible says, if your right hand will cost you the kingdom of God, cut it off. If your tongue will cost you the kingdom of God cut if off," A whole new set of tears, hotter, cos it burned my cheeks as it rolled from my eyes. "If you child would cost you the kingdom of God-"

"No," I choked.

"Mama B, no! Don't!"

"Cut that child off!"

There, I didn't spare her a glance as I turned around and ran out of the house.

"Laurent!"

I jumped into the car.

"Laurent!"

"Get in! Take me away!"

"Laurent, relax!"

"Marcus! Take me away! Drive! Now!"

"Okay," Marcus ran and climbed into the driver's side.

As he drove, my legs bounced tirelessly against the floor of the car and my tears didn't stop running.

"Laurent, your seatbelt, please."

"Just drive."

It was over. It was all over. I was free. It was hard to understand but I was free. I didn't have to worry about anything anymore. I could do whatever I wanted and it would be no one's business because I was free.

"Laurent, please, relax."

I didn't say anything to Marcus and soon we got to our destination. I quickly turned to Marcus as he started to get down.

"Stay."

Marcus stopped his movement as he turned to look at me.

"Wait for me. I'll be down in a minute."

"Laurent."

"Plea-" My voice broke and I had to swallow, a small sob leaving my mouth. "Please."

"Okay," Marcus nodded, sitting back in his seat.

I climbed out of the car and walked into the building. With every step I took my heart got heavier but my enthusiastic steps contradicted my racing and nervous heart. My will came from those steps.

I got to Larry's apartment and opened it.

Author's POV

As Laurent walked into the apartment, Larry who had woken up to an empty house, thought he had heard the door open and immediately felt it was Laurent.

"Laurent?" He called walking out of the kitchen where he was making breakfast and into the room and indeed saw his brother. "Where you go? I no see-"

Larry was cut off by Laurent walking past him and to the closet.

"Baby, are you ok?" Larry asked following him. "Where you go to?"

Larry's curiosity and fear heightened as Laurent pulled down his box from the top of the closet and dropped it on the bed.

"Laurent, I talking to you."

Ignoring Larry, Laurent began to grab his clothes from the closet, carelessly stuffing them into the box. That was when Larry heard him sniffing.

Larry abruptly snatched Laurent by his wrist, pulling him and making him look at him. Laurent's face was wet with tears, snort rolling from his nose and lips in between his teeth to hide his sobs.

"Laurent?" The first tear rolled down Larry's eyes. "Why you crying?"

Laurent looked away. "It doesn't matter, I'm not wanted here."

"I no understand. What you mean you no wanted? Who no want you, baby? Where you go?"

"Your mum, okay!? She doesn't want me! She doesn't want a sinner! She doesn't want someone who's going to stop her from going to heaven!"

"No-"

"I don't belong in your world, Larry. I'm not good here! Nothing has ever been right since I came here! It has been from one drama to the other, from one fucked up shit to the other! And I'm fucking done! I'm done with all of these shit! I can't take it anymore! I'm cut out for any of this!"

Larry shook his head. "Laurent, relax okay? No listen to her. She no mean any of that, baby. I know mama and she love us and she no-"

"No, she doesn't! She hates me! I'm like a plague to her!! I'm the demon that has possessed her little angel!! She doesn't see me as her son!! She never did!! A mother would never say those things to her son. Never. It's not my fault that I fell in love with you is it?! You think if anyone bothered to give me a choice, an option, I would have chosen you!? No! I would have chosen anyone but you! But my family! But no one did!! I fell for you and I fell hard, crazily!"

Larry's sobs were louder now, his hands desperately running up and down Laurent's arm.

"Laurent, my love-"

"Buf I can't do this anymore, Larry. I can't be who everyone wants me to be. I can't be that perfect son, that perfect lover, I can't be a perfect person. I can't bow down at her, not when she would look at me like shit. That woman is not my mother, Larry. My mother died a few back with my dad and those are the only family I know. I have no brothers or sisters. I was their only kid. I have 3 best friends. They mean the world to me. Those are the only things that matters."

"Why are you saying all this to me?"

"The moment I leave here, none of these ever happened. I never came here. I never met your mother. I never missed her or loved her. No. I never met Annabel. I never met Latifah. I never met your brothers. And you..."

"Please, Laurent, no do this to me okay? I promise I going to fix everything. I promise okay? I going to do anything you ask me. I no going to make you mad okay? I going to make you favourite food every day. I going to make you favourite fruit drink every day. I going to go shopping for you when you want. I going to do you laundry. I no going to come back here again. I no going to talk about here or mama anymore, I promise, baby. I love you, Lau. I love you so much. I can no live without you, Lau. Please, Lau. Please no say you going to forget me. Please."

Laurent didn't say anything, he turned away and continued packing his things.

"Laurent, please. You can no do this to me! I can no live without you!"

Laurent's heart was hardened. Larry's pleas and sobs only penetrated the outer part of his heart, the inner part was as hard as diamond. He was done feeling anything.

As Laurent slammed his box shut and started to pull it towards the door, Larry jumped in from of his getting on his knees.

"Oh God, no, Laurent. No leave me. Please I sorry. I so sorry! Please, Laurent."

"Move away, Larry."

"Look at me, baby. Remember everything we been through. You and me, we can no throw it away. Baby, you promise me! You promise me!"

Laurent's eyes fixated on the door. "Promises are meant to be broken, Larry. I don't want to ever see you again. Goodbye."

As Laurent left with Larry following, he shut the door from outside, locking it with the key.

"Laurent!" Larry banged against the door. "No leave me! Open the door!"

Laurent dragged his bag downstairs, throwing it into the booth of the car.

"Laurent, what have you done?" Marcus asked, shocked at the hard scowl on Laurent's face and more, the luggage in the trunk.

"Take me to the airport. I'm never coming here again."

"Laurent, Larry-"

"Everyone is dead to me."

-

I'm sorry to those who hate me for just updating now, and also to those who hate me for this chapter 😢

I'm not going to promise to update soon, because I don't even know when I'll update.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

664 67 7
The Bourgeois family is going through difficult times. Their family was visited by real grief when, in an accident on the road, their six-year-old so...
119K 3.5K 47
Chloe wasn't like any other 14 year old, while most fourteen year olds would be living a care free life, Chloe is hunting for food in garbage cans an...
993 69 33
Read To Find Out
9.8K 533 18
Read to find out