twenty-two

twenty-two:

Author's POV

"When I get my hands on you, bastard! I swear down, you're gonna regret what you did to Larry," With that the phone went dead.

Idris looked up from the phone, a bored expression present on his face. His gaze turned to Francis, one of his numerous men. "Who the hell was that and why was he calling from Larry's phone?"

He had been in a little room with Lala, that was in the park, while his men had been outside on the watch for Larry, when Francis, his closest man, walked in with a phone that he had a call.

"That was Laurent, boss. he's Larry's twin brother. the famous one from America."

"Oh," was all idris said. He had seen that guy before at Larry's place. "So, he wants-"

The door flung open, revealing Marcelo another of his stooge, and his top informant. "Sorry, boss. But I think you have to see this." He said showing an ipad to Idris.

Idris stared at him for a second before he motioned for him to come. Throwing his long legs swiftly, in four strides Marcelo was showing Idris the content on the device.

Idris' eyes popped, his hand flying to cover his mouth that randomly flew open. His throat suddenly feeling dry, he tried to comprehend what he had read and was just looking at.

"H-how did-" He stuttered, but tried to ask again. "When did- Where is-"

"Boss, he got knocked off from his motorcycle by a truck on his way here, and is currently in the hospital. He's in a really bad condition, boss." Marcelo explained, not daring to look at Idris' face for fear of the expression he would meet.

No, that couldn't be happening, Idris thought. Larry couldn't actually be in that condition because of him. He knew larry loved his daughter to bits, that was why he took her hoping Larry would get to him on time, so he could proclaim his love for him, not this. He didn't mean for any of that to happen. He would never wish for Larry to be put in the hospital, never would he want to hurt the boy that had stolen his heart away for almost 10 years.

"Boss man, you okay?" Francis asked.

Idris' thoughts were jumbled up. It was all his fault. He didn't mean it. He loved Larry so much and couldn't stand when Larry had been ignoring him, or when he had shut him off. He was only trying to get his attention but now- oh god! Larry's in the hospital. He was going to die because of him!

"Boss."

Idris felt a sudden jolt to his heart, his eyes were getting glossier by the second.

"G-go," Was all he could stutter out.

"Take that kid and get the fuck out!" Francis screamed at Marcelo. No one could see Idris like this, not even his men. Idris was someone whose presence emitted fear and respect from people and for anyone to see him like this - vulnerable, shaken and fragile - was a no-no.

Soon, Lala began to cry.

The little girl was witnessing things to big for her age. A man was shaking and another one was screaming commands. She wanted her mummy.

"Mummy!" Lala cried as Marcelo scooped her in his arms and went out with her.

"Boss!" Francis shook Idris, tapping his face. "Get it together!"

~

"Where the fuck is it?!" Laurent groaned, raising the mattress from the bed.

There was nothing there either.