twenty-five

twenty-five:

Author's POV

It's been a week since Larry's accident and Laurent was yet to come to terms with his amnesia. He wanted to spend all his time with Larry but at the same time, it hurt him to pretend all the time because Larry kept on asking him questions.

So, that morning, after going to Larry's house to freshen up, Laurent headed back to the hospital. When he got to Larry's room, Larry had been lying on the bed, watching TV but as Laurent walked in, he sat up.

"Hey," Laurent said, flashing him a smile.

"Hi," Larry said.

"How're you feeling?" Laurent went to sit on the chair and pulled it closer to the bed.

"My head is hurting," Larry answered.

Laurent nodded, "I'm sure it does but the pain killer you took should work it's magic soon."

"Yeah," Larry said, and awkwardly looked down at his hands folded ontop his lap. "How you doing?"

"Me? Uh, I'm good," Laurent gave a short smile. "Just good."

"You no look good," Larry observed. "I no know why I feeling like this but I think something is going on."

Laurent stared deeply into Larry's eyes and he could read concern on the boy's face. Larry stared between Laurent's eyes.

"No, there's nothing," Laurent lied. He hated it, but he had to. "Nothing's going on. Everything is fine."

Larry nodded. "Mama say there was a accident and I no make it to LA. I coming to meet you, to stay with you but I no make it there." Larry hadn't spoken about the accident since he woke up and Laurent tensed.

Laurent felt his throat go dry. 'You made it there, Larry! We met again and fell so madly in love and things have been going so well until this happened!' He wanted to say. He was dying to tell Larry the truth, to show him pictures of their stay in LA and the wonderful adventure in Bahamas, but again, he couldn't. At least not yet. So, he nodded and hummed a yes, scared that if he spoke, his voice might give up on him.

"I sorry," Larry said. "I sorry I no make it," Laurent shook his head. It wasn't his fault. "I really wanted to meet you and spend time with you. We no know anything about each other and I just want to make it up."

Laurent swallowed dryly, he cleared his throat so it wouldn't crack.

"Uh, we could get to know each other right now," Laurent said to Larry.

His eyes were fixed on Larry, not even faltering and watching Larry's every shy movement. Larry was fiddling with the hem of the white sheet that was pulled over his legs and up to his waist line.

He gave Laurent a shy look. "I no mind."

Laurent bit his lower lips, "Okay. So, tell me, Larry,...."

And the two boys spent the whole day 'catching up'. With Larry telling Laurent all the things Laurent already knew about him, and Laurent pretending not to know and feigning surprise at every little detail that seemed unbelievable to Larry as he spoke.

It was all crazy for Laurent to have that moment. He was honestly grateful that Larry was being really free with him, but still it was painful to him. And he inwardly felt he deserved an award for not crying like a baby in front of Larry. It was actually so, Larry had forgotten everything that they did  and even Laurent tried to leave little details hoping Larry would remember something but the boy would appear confused.

At some point, Laurent would smile lovingly at Larry and at another he would frown deeply, not really being able to balance his emotions.

Larry on his own was surprised, he didn't know what to think. Laurent was his twin brother, his crush and for some reasons, he felt a little connection with Laurent. It wasn't any sort of twin connection bullshit that people talked about, or sibling whatever, but he felt a little closer to Laurent. Before his accident he hadn't felt like that, he had always felt shy and nervous about Laurent, especially speaking to him on the phone and meeting him but this time he felt free around him, like he knew him. He felt like he had known Laurent for years and they had been best friends. But that feeling was inside of him, it was a deep rooted feeling and he wished he could understand it. Understand how he could be in the presence in the presence of such beautiful human and not pass out.