sixteen

sixteen:

Author's POV

Larry stood in front of the mirror in the bathroom, staring at himself, or better still, he was watching the smile on his face that hadn't left since he and Laurent had come back from their walk. He hadn't smiled so genuinely, so sincerely in a while and now, not only could he smile brightly, he felt ontop of the world. For the fact that Laurent loved him back, nothing could ruin his happiness, he was just over ecstatic. If he had known Laurent had been feeling this way for him, he would have told him much earlier about his feelings when the feelings had resurfaced, thereby saving himself the hurt, pain and doubt he had gone through with the whole drama with Gina.

Larry chuckled to himself. Laurent was his, his alone and no one could change that. Maybe they hadn't officially sealed anything by saying they were boyfriends or whatever but what could seal a union better than love making. It had been more than love making to them, to them it was more of a consummation of the love they had for each other. And Larry wanted to scream it to the world, he infact wanted to pull Gina by the hair and yell into her ears that all her efforts had been a waste of time and Laurent was taken by him, but he knew better. Revealing anything would jeopardise Laurent's years of hardwork and his career would be at stake. But still, he had to tell someone about it, he couldn't just keep the excitement to himself just like that.

Larry turned around and walked into his room, he picked up his phone from where it was charging by the bed and dialled Marcus' number. Waiting for him to answer, he went to sit on the bed.

"For real, dude, if you call my phone one more time tonight, imma do some stuff you ain't gon like! I already told you, I ain't got his number! What the fuck?" Marcus' angry voice, said from over the phone.

"What?" Larry's smiley face, turned to a confused one.

There was a brief pause, "Oh, shit. Larry, sup?"

Larry frowned, "What's happening, Marcus? Who you beefing with this time?"

"Uh, no one important, man. Just some motherfucker around the hood, you know how it is."

Larry shook his head, hopefully Marcus wasn't stirring up any trouble since he wasn't there to caution him. "No trouble, Marcus. I no want to have to come down there to-"

Marcus laughed, cutting Larry off. "There's no trouble here and- Hold up. You don't wanna have to come down here? Ain't you suppose to be coming down here?"

Larry smiled, more like blushed. "That's what I was calling you for."

"Go on."

"I no coming back, Marcus. Laurent beg me not to, so I going to stay with him."

"Laurent begged you? And what does that have to do with your not coming back? I thought your mind was made up and you didn't wanna get hurt by him anymore and now you're saying-"

"Now, I saying Laurent love me too," Larry said, happily. Yes, Laurent loved him back!

"What?!" Marcus screamed.

"Man, no spoil my hearing," Larry joked. "I was gonna come back, for real. I was already at the airport waiting for my flight to France but then he send me this text message saying he's in love with me."

"Oh my God! That's great, man! See what I told you but you was shunning me, now he love you back. That's amazing, I'm happy for you."

Larry chuckled, of course, if no one in the world was happy for him, Marcus always was. "I know, man, I feel so good. I never feel like this before, you know and-and.."