thirty-three: THE END

"Lauren! Hey, man! Your phone is ringing!" Roy called back from the living room where he sat playing FIFA on the big screen.

"Who is it?!"

"Shoot!" Marcus cussed, groaning as his player failed to hit the ball into the goal but rather had it flying above the rectangular post. "I don't know! Come check it yourself!"

"Can you just fucking help me!?" Laurent snapped. He was lifting weights in the opposite room. His home gym.

Roy tilted his head to the side and Laurent's snappy attitude. "Man, fuck you! I ain't helping you."

Roy went back to his game as Laurent continued grunting from the heavy weight he was lifting.

Laurent's phone stopped ringing and Laurent felt relieved and not as guilty as he had been feeling when he had said no to Laurent.

The thing was, he was still very angry at Laurent. It had been one week since he returned from France and he had still refused to talk to Larry or admit he missed him as was just as hurt.

Now, Roy had no idea how Larry had gotten his number but Larry had called him everyday, asking to talk to Laurent, and to apologize on his behalf. But Laurent was too stubborn to listen to say anything and it irritated Roy.

When the phone started ringing again, this time Roy went to look from where it was on the coffee table.

Marcus.

"Yo! It's Marcus!"

"What?" Laurent asked in between deep breaths.

"Your phone, Marcus!"

For a moment, no sound came from the gym room. Then the heavy breathings continued.

"Let it ring."

"I should let it ring?" Laurent asked, to confirm what Laureng had said.

"Yes!"

Roy shrugged. Not my problem, he thought as he went back to his game, this time more eager to score that goal Brazil.

He grabbed the control and went on full striking and defence mood. Brazil was going down as long as he was concerned.

But Laurent's phone began to ring again. This time, Roy didn't bother with it. He drowned the sound and played his game willfully.

Again. And again. And again, Laurent's phone rang until Roy couldn't take it anymore.

"For fuck's sake, Laurent, did you steal this Marcus guy's Kidney!?"

"I asked you to leave it!"

"Well, it wouldn't leave me! I'm trying to bring the trophy home!"

Laurent didn't respond.

The phone vibratee this time and Roy went to snatch it from the table. It was a message and it previewed on the screen.

"Laurent, I think you need to see this," Roy said, frozen.

"See what?"

"This Marcus guy-"

"Fuck it, Roy! Don't you-"

"Larry's in the hospital!"

"No, he's not."

"Just fucking come read this, man," Roy yelled.

Laurent walked into the room eyeing Roy, he lookes at his phone in Roy's hand and snatched it from him.

He unlocked it and checkes the message.