Since Summers

By agatharoza

The People Choice Awards 2019 Winner for Best Diverse Books Never had Autumn thought that she would break up... More

Season List of Summers Series
one : the first time
two : pokerfaced
four : lies
five : easy or hard
six : the drive
seven : rumour has it
eight : the closet
nine : friends
ten : brothers
eleven : trouble in paradise
twelve : another ride
thirteen : selective memory
fourteen : reunion
fifteen : fine
sixteen : irish pub
seventeen : dead drunk
eighteen : sleepover
nineteen : when I do seduce you
twenty : bad timing
twenty one : bruised
twenty two : rest
twenty three : break
twenty four : miss
twenty five : schemes
twenty six : regrets
twenty seven : milksop
twenty eight : worst
twenty nine : nerves
thirty : childlike
thirty one : past
thirty two : bullies
thirty three : regret
thirty four : a girl
thirty five : wingman
thirty six : wedding
thirty seven : brothers
thirty eight : late
thirty nine : do we ? was i ?
forty : nothing changes
forty one : sex & regrets
forty two : not since I met you
forty three : cruel
forty four : caring fella
forty five : twins
forty six : perfectly wrong
forty seven : friendzoned
forty eight : bond, james bond
forty nine : proposal
fifty : wolves
fifty one : but i do
fifty two : unexpected
fifty three : little one
fifty four : plot twist
fifty five : alive
{bridge} frazier
{bridge} promise
{bridge} new page
[pre] 1 : Match & Gasoline
[pre] 2: The Nerd's Secret
[pre] 3: First Kiss
[pre] perfection is illusion
[pre] promise me no promises
[pre] strangers
[pre] dodge a bullet
[pre] Fake Love
[pre] Careful What You Wish For
[pre] Call Me, Clark Kent
[pre] Villain X
[pre] Shame On Me
[pre] A Kissing Frog
[pre] won't go home without you
Forever Frazier

three : good dancer

21K 1.8K 221
By agatharoza

My eyes fluttered open and immediately found him leaning against the door frame with his arms folded and a smug look on his face. I raised the beer bottle to my lips and took a long drink, pretending he didn't exist.

"Good taste. That's the best lager beer from Germany." He nodded at the bottle in my hand and added, "which happens to be my favorite."

I suddenly didn't feel like drinking it. "I picked it randomly," I countered. I felt the need to let him know that I didn't pick his favorite beer on purpose. Some guys, especially one who looked like he got a big head like him, usually assumed that all girls adored him and were even grateful to be in his presence alone.

"Then you're very lucky." He shrugged and moved closer, round the big counter in the middle, and stopped a few feet away from me. He rested his waist against the counter and looked up at me. With me sitting on the counter, I was one head taller than him, although I knew full well that he must be above six feet tall considering he towered over me on the dance floor fifteen minutes ago. I glanced at my watch, hoping the hands of the clock would move faster than usual. I couldn't wait to get back home and claim the massages Ty had promised earlier.

I paid no attention to him as I continued to drink and pulled out my phone to continue my daily stalking. Shawn Mendes might be taken but he was still a hell of a sight.

"You're a good dancer," commented him after a moment of silence.

I slightly lowered my phone and peered over the top at the guy standing in front of me. I looked beyond the square jaw and tanned lips, all the way up the straight autocratic nose, and stopped at a pair of eyes the color of hot charcoal. Up close, he was even more handsome than from a distance, but there was no way I would admit that. Not to anyone and especially not to him. Considering his ego was already the size of a T-Rex egg, there was no need to make it even bigger.

I took one last pull of my beer and put the empty bottle on the counter. "And you owe me an apology." I gave him a pointed look, one that warned him not to mess with me.

He chuckled and took two steps forward, invading my personal space. Close enough that I could feel his body heat and the testosterone radiating from him but not close enough that we touched. "I don't owe you anything." Putting both hands on the counter, each on the spot beside my thigh, he said, just above a whisper, "You're the one who owes me something."

"I don't owe you anything." I shoved him away and jumped down from the counter. I took one step and his hand caught my arm. Goddamnit. I looked at him his hand and back to his face. "I know AIDS doesn't transmit through the air but with you, I feel like it would. Now would you please go away and disturb someone else?"

"Go out with me. Be mine." He looked so serious as if he was asking about a matter of life and death and not just asking a girl out.

"No," I answered almost immediately. This was one easy question that I didn't need to consult my brain to know what to say.

He frowned. His brows lowered a fraction and he looked at me for several long moments. "Why not?"

There was always that question. I wondered when would a guy simply take no for an answer without trying to find the reason behind it. "Because I have an amazing boyfriend who's going to pick me up in about twenty minutes."

One corner of his mouth lifted. "Dump him. Be with me." He said it as if it was the right thing to do. He made it sound like I was being stupid if I didn't take the opportunity to go out with him. Seriously, I swear some guys were conceived by anal sex considering how many assholes were around, including the biggest ass right in front of me.

I shook my head in disbelief and folded my arms. "Not interested. I prefer my boyfriend over anyone, especially someone like you."

His eyes narrowed. He looked like he was trying to decide whether it was a compliment or an insult. Obviously, it was the latter, but God knew some people could be really clueless. "I bet I'm better than him." He shrugged one shoulder.

"Geez. You're like a bag of Pampers. Self-absorbed and full of shit." I shook my head and walked away without even bothering to look for his reaction.

I found Jess almost immediately. She was dancing on the dance floor with one glass in her hand. "Autumn!" She threw her arms around me and put her head on my shoulder. "Oh, I miss you. Where have you been?"

I held my arms around her, afraid that she might fall if I let go. "Jess, are you drunk?"

"No, of course not. I only drank a few glasses," answered her sleepily. I shouldn't have asked, no drunk person would admit they were drunk just like no criminal would admit they've committed a crime.

Carefully I guided her through the crowd and brought her to the living room. A few people were making out there but it was better than the loud music. Right now, I've mastered a talent for muting the kissing noises and placing my gaze where they were safe. At the ground.

"I'm gonna get you some water. Stay here." I went to the mini-fridge and took out a bottle of mineral water. I unscrewed the cap and handed her the bottle. She took a big gulp and then put the bottle on the table.

Jess let out a sigh. "I feel so much better now." Jess blinked multiple times. She tried and failed to focus her eyes on me. "Why are you so sober?"

"Because I didn't drink as much as you?" I smiled and she nudged my arm. "Where's Colton?"

She gave me a stupid grin that only drunk people managed to recreate on their faces. "Somewhere. Around. I don't know."

Great. She was drunk and he was nowhere to be found. I pulled out my phone and dialed his number. After a few tries and he didn't pick up, I almost gave up but he answered on the last try. "Autumn!"

"Where the hell are you?! Jess is drunk," I countered, trying my best to remain calm although inside I wanted to throw rocks at him for not being responsible for my best friend. Beside me, Jess kept muttering 'I'm not drunk'. I rolled my eyes. She was going to have a massive headache tomorrow.

"I'm on my way. I swear when I told her I'm going to play with the guys, she was talking with some girls and she promised she won't drink." There was worried and regret in his voice, for that discovery I might let him live.

"Just hurry up!" I pressed end call and shoved my phone back into my pocket. I held the bottle in front of Jess. "Jess. Drink!" Tonight I felt like our roles have been reversed. She was usually the responsible one while I was being reckless and getting drunk somewhere, but now she was the reckless one.

She grinned, sleepy and silly. "I need to make a wee-wee," exclaimed her as she raised one hand in the air.

I groaned. Batman, save me!

To make it even worse, I heard loud stomping steps making their way toward me and when I looked up, it was Frazier.

He looked down at me from his lofty height and there was no denying that he was furious. I dared to look into his fury eyes and refused to be a coward. I hadn't done anything wrong, I had no reason to be scared. He was human, just like me and everyone else in the room. There was absolutely no reason to be afraid.

He dipped down until his eyes leveled with mine. "I will make your life here in Columbia a living hell, little minx." He straightened and rubbed his hands together. "Everyone," he addressed the crowd. The music died immediately, almost as if even the stereo knew who was the boss. "I have an announcement."

Then he told the biggest lie that brought the storm into my mundane life and turned my world upside down.

* * * * * * *

(truthfully it's not worth that much but I feel like saying it, hopefully, one day I get that much money to donate to cancer research and help disabled kids at the orphanage)

My current editing project "Dear Mom" — a story about Tyson aka Tyler's twin brother, nearly came to an end. I want to start uploading another project. So, my question is,

I want to reward everyone who's been so supportive and basically help make my dream come true. So, yes, you can pick what's next to be published here (for free, by the way)!

1. SINCE SUMMERS leave an in-line comment on the title to vote
     ~ a story about Tyler and Autumn as they embark on the next chapter of their life: College life and New York
     ~ this will be a New Adult so there'll be some "sexy" scenes but if you're not comfortable reading those, don't worry, I'll leave a warning and give you a recap so you're not exactly clueless.
     ~ help me pick a title please ^

2. KISS ME FIRST / WHEN I MET YOU IN THE SUMMER — leave an in-line comment on the title to vote
~ a story about Castile and Autumn in an alternate universe, a universe where there's no Ty and their love can blossom.
~ help me pick a title please ^

2. PRINCE NOT SO CHARMING / TAMING THE RAKE — leave an in-line comment on the title to vote
~ a story about William (Castile's friend, face claim: Harry Styles) and Kate (Niel's little sister)
~ help me pick a title please ^

THANK YOU!

loads of pizza,
your noob neighborhood author,
agatha x

^ party at my place would likely be ^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2M 53.5K 53
[COMPLETED] Autumn Cross is now in 12th grade at her new school, Willington High, with only one goal in mind: passing the 12th grade and going to a g...
178K 6.7K 32
***COMPLETED*** Sky's home life was a little piece of hell on earth. She often had to fight past the pain, but she always found a way to become stron...
65.3K 2.4K 23
"I'm sorry that I put you in this situation." "I'm not following." I really wasn't. "This. Us! What we did last night was reckless and so so perfec...
2K 87 30
I fell for a boy with the kindest blue eyes, and a charming dimple. He made me feel loved, and cared for, and most importantly he made me feel safe i...