WHO ARE WE FOOLING

By ChloeGraceRogers

A story based around Regina and David in the One Upon A Time episodes. This story involves around the relatio... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Epilogue

Chapter Five

745 25 5
By ChloeGraceRogers

Shortly after David went home and felt some relief as he knew that part of his problem with Regina had been fixed. Emma and Snow had asked the group to meet at grannies later that day to explain what they were going to do about the Snow Queen problem.

The group got to grannies and David walked inside before noticing everyone already there he went and stood over by the counter and waited patiently like the others for the rest of the group.

David, Emma and Snow were already there before Zelena, Belle, Rumple, Robin and Hook turned up.

"Where's Regina?" Belle finally asked a few minutes later as she still hadn't arrived.

"Maybe she just isn't bothering to come. You know she hates these things" Hook replied and Zelena nodded

"Hook's right, I say we just start she's probably not going to turn up-" but just as Zelena went to finish her sentence the door to grannies swung open and the bell above jingled as Regina entered.

"What was that Zelena?" Regina snapped sassily before making her way over to the booth next to Snow and Emma.

"Okay let's begin" Snow said and everyone stood around to listen to the discussion and make a plan.

David and Regina kept making awkward eye contact while the discussion continued but they thought nothing of it.

"Okay, so I think the best way is if Regina and David go to New York. The dwarves have heard she is hiding out there for the time being and I think they should go down there and find her. Question her on what she's doing" Snow finally concludes.

Muttering is heard from everyone before people begin to add in.

"Yes that's a good idea, they can drive down there tonight" Emma adds.

"They can hold her up and question her while everyone else goes to destroy any other monsters she's tried to create" Hook says.

"And me and Rumple will check any books to see if there's something there" Belle adds on too.

After a while everyone has been discussing other ideas before Snow finalizes that Regina and David will drive to New York to question the Snow Queen and get some answers.

"Okay guys, you ready for a road trip?" Robin says and Regina and David make eye contact before looking away. Their relationship now was odd, they didn't hate one another but they also didn't love or like each other as friends they were more civil with each other.

So this road trip was going to be strange, the longest they had been each other's company was 2 hours at a party but that was with a lot of other people there too so it didn't really count.

The thing was they had never really been alone together before so this road trip was going to be something new for the both of them.
..........

Later that evening they were both at Regina's house packing to go. She had decided since they were both going to be leaving later that night together they may as well pack at hers and wait there to avoid any hassle.

Something about David made her feel safe and comfortable around him now so she didn't mind the company. Her house got very lonely without James or Henry around anymore and after years she still wasn't used to it, maybe having a big house just added onto that lonely and emptiness.

After hours of packing the essential things they needed to take with them for the trip to New York Regina decided to make them some dinner.

"Do you mind Casserole? It's the only thing I can make really since I haven't been shopping yet" Regina shouted out to David.

Who was stood in the living room gazing around at her picture frames scanning the photos of old memories.

"No that's absolutely fine" David replied as he picked up one photo frame which stood on top of the mantel piece.

It was a photo of Younger looking Regina and a woman who David didn't recognise. He peered closely trying to make out who it was, the woman was a lot older and seemed like she could be Regina's mother.

That's when it hit him, when they came over Regina had a horrible mother named Cora and when they came over to this realm Regina must of lost contact with her as she had never mentioned her before.

Just as he stared at the photo of the two woman smiling stood closely together he was shocked when a voice was heard behind him suddenly.

"Found something interesting?" Regina blurted out jolting David.

And he nearly lost his grip around the photo frame but managed to grip it tightly before putting it back down onto the mantel piece quickly.

"Uh sorry Regina I was just looking and I noticed this and-" But Regina let out a small laugh

"David I'm kidding it's fine, you were only looking and well my house is something of interesting considering my past life" she added.

Before making her way over to where David was stood by the mantel piece.

She picked up the photo frame and stared at it before sighing.

"Who is that woman?" David questioned.

Regina peered down at the photo and let out a small smile before looking up to meet David's eyes and hurt was seen in hers.

"My Mother" she replied and David nodded knowing he was right about his accusations.

"So what happened between you two?" he asked unsure of whether it was the right thing to push on old wounds.

Regina let out a heavy sigh before sitting down onto the sofa still holding the photo frame in her lap.

David mimicked and sat down next to her and turned to face her waiting for her to explain.

"It's a long story, but for my whole life she has had control over me. My childhood and most of my life was torture, I was her prisoner and using her magic she kept me by her constantly. She controlled everything I done and never allowed me to make my own choices" She began to say and laughed a little.

"She even said yes to a proposal herself for me" she added.

And David looked at her shocked realising how terrible her childhood really must of been and started to wonder maybe that's why she turned evil and if her actions overall were somewhat explainable.

Regina continued to tell the story to David and soon enough it was dark outside. They ate the casserole and continued to explain and while loading the car to leave as well.

Then while driving Regina finished off the story ending it with silence as David tried to retain all the information now put on him. They made their way into the hotel in New York to stay over and parked the car by the hill edge which overlooked the city.

The lights sparkled as the town lit up in the dark sky and it looked beautiful.

It had been silent for a while David turned to Regina.

"Regina, I'm so sorry" he said and Regina turned to him confused

"What?" she questioned wondering where this had suddenly come from.

"I had no idea you had such a horrible life and now I know why you turned to evil and I understand why you were so broken when James left you. Your whole life you've never had a happy ending and all those moments were ruined, so me ruining James added to yet another bad ending for you and for that I am eternally sorry" he said.

Regina looked at him shocked and felt the emotions take over her again. For so long she had hated David but now seeing him feel the guilty and pain and constantly telling her how sorry he was and how much he wanted to help her get her happiness back meant so much to her.

She wasn't used to someone putting her first and caring about her happiness so it felt odd to her and she couldn't understand why he would do that.

Tension was felt between them both and David leant forward and Regina knew he was going to kiss her

"David.." she said breaking the moment and he sat back into his chair

"I'm sorry..I just got caught up in the moment I guess. Should we Uh-?" David blurted awkwardly.

Now knowing things would take another turn and went to scatter out the car and Regina joined him

"Uh yeah we should check into the hotel" she added

"Yeah yeah the hotel" David copied and they both got out of the car trying to not make eye contact.

They got their bags and made their way to the hotel to check in.

They were hoping the awkward moments were over but they were wrong.

"We'd like to book a room please" David sat confidently standing by the counter and Regina stood next to him holding her bag.

"Room for two?" the woman said typing at her computer.

David nodded "yes, two separate beds please" he added turning to peer at Regina a moment who looked up but then away.

After the nearly encounter in the car they didn't want to have any chances of another moment.

After all David was technically with Snow and Regina didn't want anything odd to happen between their group.

"Well I'm sorry Sir but they only room we seem to have spare is the couples suite" The woman said looking concerned at her computer before up at David who looked displeased

"Oh uh well I-" he went to say thinking of something to say but Regina stepped forward.

"It's fine, we'll take it" she said before Regina and David's eyes joined one again and Regina quickly looked away.

The woman nodded before typing at the counter to register the transaction.

"Okay and how many nights will that be?" she asked

"Just one" David replied quickly before Regina could again.

"Okay, well you and your wife enjoy your stay" The woman said handing over the key to David.

He stuttered awkwardly as Regina dropped her bags in shock and at the same time they both stuttered

"Uh no we aren't" Regina went to say

"No we're not-we are not together" David added

"We're just friends" he continued

"Just friends" Regina mimicked and they woman laughed

"Okay, well I wouldn't of thought so" she replied before going back to her work.

Regina and David made yet more eye contact before grabbing their bags and hurrying to their room.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

My other books:
Until The End
Unpredicted Love
Love That Hurts
Who Are We Fooling
Second Chances
Follow my Instagram linked in my bio, to be updated whenever I post a new chapter or need your guys's advice on something 🖤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.7K 550 30
This is a fanfiction between Regina and David during the Once Upon a Time episodes. With all the other characters involved as well throughout the cha...
7.8K 301 16
This is a story about Regina Mills and Killian Jones during the Once episodes, this is set when Robin has died and Emma and Hook only ever had a flin...
18.9K 449 12
David's been having these feelings and dreams and thoughts about Regina. He is trying to hold back because he loves Snow but how much does he love he...
1.6K 26 3
Regina Mills had spent her whole life fighting Love, or Evil. When she was younger she fought for the love she had for Daniel, and tried her hardest...