Water Goddess

By Skylinger

When Kailani turns 16 she is quickly thrust into the world of gods, goddesses, demi-gods, and guardians. Kail... More

A dept paid
Awake and Angry
Anger and Understanding
Demigods and Demigoddesses
An interesting Day
Rivals will Fight
An Unexpected Visit
The Race
Her Team
A Big Brother and a Warning
Deals, Skills, and Realizations
Troubling Visions
Visions of Pain
Caught by Poseidon
Getting Closer
Prelude to War
It Begins
No Longer in Charge
I know where to go
Clearly underestimated
Prisoners taken
This could be bad
The gods wonder
A Chance Taken
Unexpected Help
What to think
We Need Both
Loch Ness
Jewel of Loch Ness 30
Change is in the Air 31
Stay Together Part 32
What is to Come? Part 33

New Places, New Allies

3K 146 18
By Skylinger

Chapter 27

(New Places,New Allies)

       It was late as Kailani stood looking out a small opening no bigger than the size of a large round kitchen platter. Poseidon’s daughter wanted no part of the Demigod War but she was beginning to think the choice to be involved or not might not be hers after all. She had tried to stay out of it but the Olympians offspring were seeking her out. After her short time with Ramiero she understood how dangerous Ramiero truly was; dangerous and desperate to win.

       As her eyes scanned the air she noticed a small bird not far away. Her mind immediately thought of Demitri and how quickly wildlife came to him. A smile crossed her face as she remembered the feel of his arms around her. A feeling she really wanted right then. She didn’t know where Artemis’ son was but hoped he was safe. Thoughts of her other friends entered her head as well. She wondered if Solana and the others were okay. She wondered who else had become a prisoner.

      “Ah, mm,” Kailani turned at the sound of grunts. She watched as Saar’s hazel eyes slowly opened.

       “Don’t,” Kailani said gently as her half-brother went to move.

        “Uh,” he said and hissed before ceasing his attempt to sit up.

        “Careful Saar. Ardin hit you pretty hard,” Kailani warned. “I’m not sure he didn’t use you as a punching bag after Ramiero dragged me out of the room.” She watched as her brother looked around the room. “Marius stopped Ramiero from trying to take advantage of me,” she told him.

         “So we are Marius’ prisoners now. I’m surprised he took me.”

         “Kailani asked me to.” Poseidon’s two children looked at a now open door to see Marius, Zelda and Andrew.

        “Why?” Saar asked confused.

       “I didn’t want Ramiero to kill you,” Kailani told him.

       “I didn’t try or even want to protect you,” Saar told her openly honest. “I didn’t care what he did with you.”

       “I know,” she replied. “You see me as some crazy threat. Look Ramiero is just….evil. He’d have killed you in cold blood. I don’t want anyone dead. Like it or not we are family and…a person should protect their family; even ones that hate them.” Glancing at Marius she added, “I do appreciate you stopping Marius. When family is wrong they should be corrected and you did. Though if he comes at you I wouldn’t hesitate. While you should try and protect family sometimes you have to let go of the insane ones.” Looking at Saar once more she said, “You’re not insane. Angry and even hurt but not insane.”

       “Have you made your decision?” Marius asked watching Kailani.

        “I still don’t want any part of this but I definitely don’t want Ramiero to win,” she replied less than thrilled. “I don’t know how much help I can be to anyone. I don’t have the knowledge or control of my powers that the rest of you do and you know it. Still, I won’t hinder you either.”

       “Fair enough,” Zelda said. “Come on I’ll show you what Skylar found and maybe you and Tyra can work on a solution.” Poseidon’s daughter nodded and with a glance at Saar she left the room.

       “You brought me for her,” Saar stated once they were gone.      

       “If you ever try and harm her or put her in harm’s way again I will kill you,” Marius said not hiding his anger. “Don’t think for a second that I wouldn’t have left you there. Yes, Andrew grabbed your limp body for her sake. Because of you Kailani almost suffered under Ramiero. I got there just in time. You do not deserve to have been saved. I do not understand why she cares what happens to you. I don’t even understand why she bothered to treat your injuries. We both know you’d have killed her given the chance out of jealousy.”

       Saar looked down and away angrily. It was then he noticed an injury he’d received on his arm was healed. Marius’ words came back to him. “Treat me?” he asked.

       “Skylar knows more about water healing abilities than the rest of us,” Ares son informed the water demigod. “We couldn’t put you in water but water put in a bowl can be used to heal your injuries. Kailani has been seeing to your injuries. If not for her you’d be a lot worse off. Ardin split your head open with whatever he hit you with; probably a sword hilt.”

       “You have no reason to hate her Saar,” Andrew said. “She’s gifted and talented but so are you. The difference is the ocean loves her. Probably because she respects life. You do however have a reason to hate Ramiero and Ardin. You could have been killed.”

       “Next time you think getting rid of her is a good idea you might want to remember she saved your ass,” Marius told him and walked away leaving the room.

       “Does hurting Kailani really gain you anything?” Andrew asked. Without waiting for a reply he left the room closing the door behind him.

       Saar let out a sigh. All of his plans had gone awry. Hazel eyes narrowed as he thought of the betrayal of Ares son. “As soon as I’m well you’re going to pay,” he said angrily to the empty room.

       Slowly he began looking the stone room he was in over. As his eyes fell on a small bowl of water and a cloth his focus shifted to his half-sister. He’d viewed her as a threat. Most demigods and demigoddesses craved power. Saar had expected his sister to crave it as well. Poseidon’s son had considered Kailani’s mannerisms to be an act. The idea she could truly be genuine disturbed him. Kailani had saved him when she could have left him for dead. He had no doubt Ramiero would have killed him. Especially after Marius taking Kailani from him.

       His thoughts turned to the last time he’d seen his father. Poseidon had told him he’d rather lose than for something to happen to his sister. Kailani was special to his father but he wasn’t sure why. It was true she was the only daughter of Poseidon in centuries but he didn’t understand why that would matter. He was still amazed his father hadn’t struck out when Kailani had gotten physical with their father. Poseidon was proud of him and he knew that. What was it about Kailani that made things different? Why did the sea love her? How were they different? Silently Saar contemplated.

                                                                   ************

       Raiden and Demitri looked around at Ramiero’s destroyed lair. The lair was completely empty of people.

       “Well, they were here,” Fern commented.

       “Yeah, but where are they now?” Justine asked.

       Raiden went to speak but stopped seeing Solana approach the two thrones. The red head knelt down and touched the chains. The moment she did she saw Kailani as she had been there. She suddenly dropped the chains and sprinted down a hall. Raiden and Demitri glanced at each other and immediately followed after her.

       They entered a bedroom that was now destroyed and both men became concerned. ‘What has Ramiero done?’ they both silently thought. They watched as fear gripped the redhead before suddenly vanishing.

        A smile crossed the face of the daughter of Apollo. “Marius saved Kailani from Ramiero,” she said pleased. She looked over at Demitri. “He stopped Ramiero. She’s with Marius,” she said sounding relieved.

       “Anyone know where his lair is?” Serenity asked?

       “No,” everyone admitted.

       “So what do we do now?” Illithia asked feeling irritated. “Marius isn’t stupid. He’s not going to just let her go get in the water.”

       “Not right away,” Raiden said. He looked at Solana can you see anything that could help us?” he asked.

       Solana closed her eyes and tried to focus on Kailani. Maybe she could force a vision to come that would help. When nothing happened after a few moments she sighed and opened her eyes. “Sorry.”

       “It’s okay Solana,” Demitri assured her. “Marius saved her so she is at least safe for now.”

       “He took Saar as well; at Kailani’s request,” Solana informed them.

       “She might not be safe,” Illithia commented.

       “He’s hurt,” Solana informed them. “I think she’s fairly safe.” Quietly she walked out of Ramiero’s room.

       “Never actually expected Marius to play the hero,” Justine commented. The others only shrugged and they headed out. There was no telling where Ramiero had gone and as for Kailani they’d have to wait to find her.

                                                      *******

       Amber eyes blazed with anger as Ramiero watched a storm from the entrance of one of his father’s temples. Marius had foiled his plans and taken Kailani. He hated his brother now had the upper hand. Marius had Tyra, Kailani and Saar. He was now without any real water power. It made his team weaker. The son of Ares had no idea where his brother’s temple was. Ares had once showed them both where both temples were. Unfortunately it seemed Marius had been the only one that had actually paid much attention that day.

       “You seem to be in a bind.” Ramiero looked over to see Ciro walk out of the woods with a small group of people. “Perhaps we can be of help,” The redhead offered. “Of course you’ll owe me.”

        “What do you want?” Ramiero asked. Ciro gave a small smile. Toppling the Olympians might be easier than he thought.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3K 44 94
Four girls living an ordinary life, thought nothing of the world. They had a regular family, went to school and they were the best of friends. Yet...
79 0 11
Stephanie was going on an island trip until everything went wrong during the flight changing her life. Years later, She discovers that she's was chos...
33.9K 896 31
A Sparrow Hood x Reader story. Being the daughter of Aphrodite wasn't easy. I was constantly harassed by boys, saying I needed love and to be beautif...
1.1K 44 33
It's about a girl named Coral. she is Posiedon's daughter but doesn't know it . Then when she goes on a curse and their ship gets blown up. She has t...