Demigods and Demigoddesses

Chapter 4

(Demigods and Demigoddesses)

The sun was beginning to set as Kailani grudgingly followed Ford toward a large open area on the other side of the Island. She didn’t want to go to their weekly gathering but Ford had insisted telling her she needed to meet the others. He hadn’t pushed her to interact during the day but insisted she attend the festivities being held that night. Very reluctantly she’d agreed.

There was a large open ring and off to the left side surrounded by large stones and small was a large bonfire that hadn’t been started that long ago. Logs lined the open area and there were already other demigods and demigoddesses finding their spots. There were other logs as well and off to the side was another area that was covered.

Kailani noticed a few people standing there scanning the area. “Who are they?” Kailani asked as her curiosity got the better of her.

“Guardians. Other shifters like me,” Ford replied. “I’ll show you to where some of the other water demigods and goddesses are and then I’ll be over by them.”

“You’re not staying with me?” Kailani asked uneasily.

Ford smiled at her. “You don’t need me and you need to interact with others.” Kailani went to speak when he quickly added, “That doesn’t involve you yelling at or threatening anyone.”

“I thought you said I was the only water demigoddess.”

“You’re the only Daughter of Poseidon,” The medium blue eyed shifter replied. “There are other water demigoddesses. Just not of Poseidon. There are water demi’s from Triton and some of his offspring as well as Oceanus and some others. Most are only minor demigoddesses,” He replied simply. “Good,” He commented seeing water demigoddess he knew would be good for Kailani to meet.

“Narissa,” Ford said walking up practically dragging Kailani with him.

“Hey Ford.” Seeing the blonde woman the brown haired girl smiled and said, “Kailani right?”

“Yeah,” The blonde girl replied.

“Hey if it’s okay I thought I’d leave Kai here with you and let her have a break from me. Who better than you to introduce her around?”

“Sure,” The brunette girl replied.

“I won’t be far,” Ford told Kailani and walked away.

Kailani wanted to yell at him and tell him to say but didn’t. He’d been practically glued to her and she figured he might need a break from her. Internally groaning she looked at Narissa.

The curly brown haired girl laughed. “He dragged you out here against your will didn’t he?”

“How’d you know?”

“My guardian did the same damn thing,” She replied. Kailani cracked a smile before she could stop herself. “Oh I was mad to. I was like what?! You’re leaving?!” The girl said dramatically. “I could’ve killed her!” The brown girl shrugged. “It’s probably the best thing she’s ever done.”

“How?” Kailani asked surprised at the girl’s remark.

“Most of us are mad when we come here. Though none of us have ever attempted to swim away,” Another girl with a smile on her face said from where she sat on a log watching.

“Oh Kailani this is Tyra,” Narissa said introducing a girl with dark brown hair.

“How did…”