YOUR SMILE | love live! ✓

By EYDEL_

❝ just how far are you willing to go to chase your feelings? ❞ -これから [korekara] + a collection of love live... More

Requests ♥ [CLOSED]
cold!Eli × Nozomi
cold!Eli × Nozomi [part 2]
Yōu × Reader
Kanan × Reader
Yoshiko × innocent!Reader
Hanamaru × male!Reader
Kotori × trap!Reader
Kanan × jealous!Mari
Kanan × jealous!Mari [part 2]
Kanan × jealous!Mari [part 3]
Maki × child!Reader
Kanan × trap!Reader
Kanan × trap!Reader × Riko
Dia × trap!Reader × Mari
Eli × mute!Reader
cheater!Eli × loving!Reader
Maki × jealous!Nico
Kanan × Reader × Yōu
Aqours × mute!Reader
Eli × abused!Reader
shy!adult!Nozomi × popular!flirtatious!adult!Eli
shy!adult!Nozomi × popular!flirtatious!adult!Eli [part 2]
neko!secretagent!killer!Mari × dog!thief!target!Reader
neko!secretagent!killer!Mari × dog!thief!target!Reader [part 2]
Maki × dying!Reader × Umi
Riko × male!Reader
Riko × male!Reader [part 2]
Dia × Mari × Reader
fallen!angel!Yoshiko × demonic!angel!Reader
fallen!angel!Yoshiko × demonic!angel!Reader [part 2]
Nico × Kotori × Reader
arrogant!adult!Nico × autistic!Reader × engaged!adult!Maki
μ's × photographer!Reader
μ's × photographer!Reader [part 2]
autistic!bullied!fangirl!Reader × rude!werewolf!antisocialidol!dense!Chika
adult!singer!Honoka × autistic!bullied!fangirl!Reader
delinquent!Nico × studentcouncil!Maki
Ruby × dandere!male!Reader
immature!Umi × clueless!Reader
suicidal!killer!Kotori × target!rich!Reader
shy!firstyear!loving!Riko × yandere!loner!werewolf!rude!Reader
shy!photographystudent!Ruby × punk!delinquent!Reader
Eli × friendly!depressed!grimreaper!Reader
Maki × female!Reader
Riko × shameless!Reader
Kanan × shy!dancer!Reader
Maki × male!Reader
flirt!Tsubasa × Honoka
Maki × insane!murderer!Reader
Maki × soccer!player!Reader
Maki × flirty!werewolf!male!Reader
tsundere!ghost!Dia × kuudere!Reader
Hanayo × tsundere!Reader
Yo × Riko
Kanan × shy!female!Reader
mermaid!Kanan × female!pirate!Reader
Riko × nerdy!male!Reader
detective!selfconscious!Hanamaru × caféowner!killer!Reader
princess!Umi × peasant!thief!Reader
Kanan × kpopidol!male!Reader
prince!Yōu × princess!Riko
depressed!Maki × dying!reincarnating!Reader
epilogue.
afterword.
with love.

depressed!Rin × Reader

2K 54 127
By EYDEL_

Dedicated to and requested by sugarybitterness

Congratulations! All the best for your O’s! You can do it :)

Again, I’m very sorry for posting this  late!!

Bridging has just finished for me, so I’m terribly happy right now :)

Happy birthday Rin, our energetic cat girl :3

And, like sugarybitterness said,

“Let the tears be brought forth!”

QOTD:

Specify a hilarious experience that you went through.

I think I’ve already had a fair share of mine hahaha :))

|Why|

She leaned heavily on the vanity while supporting her weight with her hands, staring up at her reflection.

She bit her lip and muttered, “Why?”

Quivering slightly, she tightened her grip on the lipstick she was holding in her right hand.

“...Why?”

-----

You smiled as you peered out the window, waving casually at the nine girls who gathered on the roof daily for school idol practice.

“Rin!”

The first year gave you her infamous cat grin and waved back, “(Y/N)-chan, nya!”

You felt your smile grow steadily wider as she turned back to her fellows and started jumping enthusiastically, feeling warmth settle in your stomach.

You could imagine her saying something like, “Let’s start practice, nya!” with her usual bubbly tone.

“Hey, (Y/N), let’s go.”

Turning away from the window, you came face to face with your seat partner, (R/N), who constantly had seriousness etched on her face.

You shook your head slightly, “Not today.”

“Why?”

You gestured in the direction of the group of dancing girls in the roof, “Waiting for Rin.”

Her expression remained unchanged as she nodded and took her bag from her table, “See you tomorrow, then.”

“Mhm.”

You turned back to the window, immediately catching sight of her running about and leaping onto Hanayo, who started panicking.

Smiling, you mumbled, “Why?”

-----

“See you tomorrow, nya!” Rin screamed, waving an energetic hand at her friends, who responded similarly as they left the rooftop one by one.

She lingered behind, stopping to take in her surroundings, taking special note of the orange sky.

Casting a small smile in its direction, she dug in her skirt’s pocket for a while, her fingers reaching for the lipstick.

Pulling it out, she turned it over and removed the cap, twisting it to reveal the tip of the lipstick.

“Huh? You’re wearing a skirt today?”

“It looks weird on you.”

“I know, right? You usually wear pants, so why didn’t you wear one?”

Her bottom lip trembled helplessly, her gaze shifting from you to Hanayo then to the two boys who were speaking.

You spoke, “If she wants to wear a skirt, let her. You have no say in this. It’s her decision.”

Rin sighed, slightly relieved, but then she held her hand out.

“It’s okay, (Y/N)-chan, go on with Kayo-chin. I’m going to change.”

You frowned, “Don’t let them get to you, you ca-”

“Just go.”

She still remembered how harsh she had been to you that day. Should she really have let their words change who she wanted to be?

Why? Why did I have to look this way?

The lipstick in her hands looked even more appealing now, as if it was too good for her to use.

Maybe, just maybe...

She left the roof, letting the door slam shirt behind her. She let her legs carry her to the nearest toilet and stared in the mirror, at her reflection that she was so unsatisfied with.

“It won’t hurt...”

She held the lipstick and tightened her grip around it.

It won’t hurt to try to be someone I’ve wanted to be for so long.

Then, as she let the lipstick rest on her lips, she heard footsteps coming down the hallway.

“Rin, you are still here? What are you doing?” (R/N) stepped into the toilet, clutching her bag. Her eyes rested on the lipstick, allowing enough time for her to register what Rin was doing.

“Oh, trying makeup, I see.” She strutted forward and plucked it right out of Rin’s hand. “It seems like a feeble effort, however.”

Rin stepped back, watching in horror as (R/N) threw the lipstick on the floor and stepped on it, hearing it crunch sickeningly against the floor of the toilet.

“Do not ever think, for one moment, that (Y/N) will ever like you.” She sneered as Rin fell to her knees, trying to pick up the broken pieces of pink lipstick scattered across the floor. “She will never look at you.”

Mortified, the first year looked up at the older girl, who had a despising expression plastered on her face.

Rin could only stammer as her yellow eyes stared, horrified, at what was left of the lipstick, “N-No.”

(R/N) scoffed, “She belongs to me. I cannot have weird people like you stealing her from me.”

She left the toilet, her footsteps like loud bullets ricocheting off the walls of the school.

Rin sobbed quietly and slowly gathered the broken pieces of her lipstick. Picking up the last one, she turned its metal covering to stare aimlessly at where “Hoshizora Rin” was engraved in cursive.

(Y/N)-chan...

Leaning against the wall, she sunk to the floor and buried her head in her knees.

“She will never look at you.”

-----

You slung your bag over your shoulder and left the classroom. You had completed most of your homework while waiting for your childhood friend, leaving you feeling rather satisfied with your effectiveness.

“(Y/N).”

You turned to face (R/N), who had an unreadable look on her face as usual, “You’re still here?”

“Yes. Sensei needed help with some documents.” She gestured to the exit of the school, her (r/c) eyes giving nothing away. “Let us go home together.”

You interjected, “How about Rin?”

Her expression fell slightly, “She left earlier. I saw her leave with Hanayo earlier.”

You nodded slowly, “Okay. Let’s go.”

Though you did feel a little disappointed that Rin had left without bothering to look for you, you tried to brush it aside.

Maybe she forgot that I always wait for her to end idol practice. Maybe.

-----

“Rin-” Hanayo tried to comfort, but the coral-haired girl yanked her hand away.

“Sorry, Kayo-chin,” Rin mumbled, almost inaudible. “I’ve had enough.”

Her hands trembled, a crushed paper ball in her iron grip. She threw it at Hanayo, tears threatening to spill from her dull yellow eyes.  

She bit her lip, “This...is too much.”

“She will never look at you.”

Rin tore away from Hanayo, leaving the lilac-eyed girl to her own devices.

“Rin-chan, wa-wait!”

Unfortunately, she was not as fast as her best friend, and she could only watch as Rin tried to break free from fear’s clutches.

-----

Sighing, you closed your eyes and removed your jacket, slipping it neatly over your arms.

You left the classroom in search of Rin, who you had not seen in the past few weeks. You were starting to miss her, not having a little firework (that was going to explode any moment) beside you was unusual. It put you off somehow, like a piece of your heart was missing.

Finding Rin’s class was as easy as saying your own name, having gone there often enough.

Spotting her best friend, you pulled her aside.

“Hanayo,” You greeted, “Where’s Rin?”

She hesitated, her eyes darting everywhere, “She...went...somewhere...”

You raised a skeptical eyebrow, “Where?”

She held a crumpled piece of paper out to you, which you took. You smoothed its creases and read it aloud.

“She will never look at you.” Frowning, you turned to Hanayo, your displeasure written all over your face. “Is Rin in love with someone?”

The shorter girl nodded, her hands fidgeting in front of her. “Yes.”

In her mind, she started debating if she should tell you or not. You deserved to know, after all. But then, Rin should tell you herself. Her own feelings were for her to convey, not someone else.

Your frown deepened,“Is this the only one?”

“N-No. She would throw it away, but then the next day, she would receive another copy of it.” Hanayo looked at her feet, as if ashamed for keeping this away from you. “It always had the same sentence: She will never look at you.

You held the paper out, gripping it firmly between your hands. With a loud ripping sound, you tore it into two and threw it viciously into the dustbin.

Your eyes narrowed, “I will find whoever dared to do such a cowardly thing, and give them a piece of my mind.”

Hanayo gulped and moved away from your overwhelming anger before it engulfed her completely. (R/N), who had heard your outburst, peeked into the classroom.

Her expression changed into one of slight fear, “(Y-(Y/N)?”

You glared daggers at her, “What?”

“What is the matter?” She pushed the door open and stepped into the classroom, her eyes fixed on you.

“Some horrible person sent Rin this spiteful letter.” You spat, your hands forming fists as you trembled in sheer fury.

Her face turned white and she remained frozen in place, her eyes turning glassy. “Wh-What?”

“You heard me,” You growled and stomped out of the classroom, looking everywhere for Rin, not caring that you had left (R/N) behind.

“(Y/N), wait!”

You ignored her and ran down the hallway, looking frantically for a girl with coral hair cut short and sparkling yellow eyes.

“RIN!” You yelled her name, hoping that she will be willing to accept the comfort of someone else. “RIN!”

As you ran to the roof, you heard a faint familiar voice whisper,

“I’m...here...”

-----

You exclaimed, “Rin!”

She was standing at the edge of the rooftop (at this time, it is not fenced), her face serene as she looked down on the fields. “Hey, (Y/N)-chan, nya...”

A wave of relief overcame you, “Geez, you had me worried there, is everything okay?”

Rin looked up at the sky, an unreadable expression forged onto her features, “No.”

You moved forward, anxious to get to her side and tell her that it was alright, that whoever she was crushing on will definitely look at her someday.

“Hey,” She muttered as you drew closer, “Have you ever felt like an outcast?”

Pausing in your footsteps, you glanced at the side of her face, which was evidently stained with tears.

Whispering, you answered, “Maybe.”

She nodded, “Mhm.”

You could tell that she sensed your hesitation, which spurred you into thinking of how to get her to back down from the edge of the roof.

“It’s going to be okay, Rin.” Your voice laced with soothing comfort, “You’re beautiful, you shouldn’t think otherwise.”

“...maybe.” She muttered, almost inaudibly. “But do you really think so?”

“I didn’t get you that personalized lipstick as your birthday present for nothing,”

She smiled fleetingly, “It’s gone now.”

Her eyes were like glass, lost in another world. And you knew that if you did not bring her back, she would be gone, forever.

You asked, “What happened?”

She hesitated, her yellow eyes flickering from you to the exit of the roof. “I...dropped...it...”

“You’re lying.”

You could tell immediately, having been her childhood friend for all your life, that she was lying through her teeth.

She was caught off guard, her expression changing to one of sadness and guilt.

“Listen, Rin, I need you to tell me the truth. Without it,” Your eyes softened at her broken state, “I can’t help you.”

At your words, she stepped down from the roof’s edge slowly, leading you to heave a small sigh of relief now that she was away from the possible danger of death.

She stopped in front of you and raised her arms shakily, “C-Can I get a hug, (Y/N)-chan, nya?”

In response, you spread your arms, letting her delve into your embrace. Warmth washed over you like a never-ending wave, and you did not wish to let go.

She mumbled in your chest, “Sorry.”

“You can tell me, you know? Whatever is bothering you.” You pushed gently, “When you feel comfortable, that is.”

It took a while, with her standing silently in your arms, the words she wished to say getting lost in the blissful warmth surrounding her.

At last, Rin spoke with a tremble in her tone, “Have you ever loved someone so much that it hurt?”

You did not need to think long, “Yes, yes, I have.”

She nodded, “Me too.”

Your breath caught in your throat when she continued, “And that person...is you.”

Your heart stopped, giving her time to go on,

“Why must I look like this? Why can’t I look like any other normal girl? Why?” She gripped the edges of your uniform tightly. “Why...did I have to love you?”

Tears rolled down her cheeks, dampening your blouse without a care. Not knowing what to say, you let her cry freely into your chest, letting that moment drag on for as long as she allowed it.

After a while of consistent crying, she fell silent, her little sniffles filling the air between the both of you.

“Well, guess what?” You closed your eyes, inhaling the sweet scent of her hair. “I love you too.”

The electricity you felt around her, the warmth you were feeling right now, and the amount of time you spent thinking about her - there was no mistaking it.

You loved her.

It sounded slightly foreign, slightly scary. But you could deal with it, someday.

“Really?” She looked up at you, yellow eyes sparkling with comfort.

You nodded, kissing the top of her head, “That’s why I will never allow you to be sad about how you look. You’ll always look perfect to me.”

She giggled happily, “I’m so glad, nya!”

You laughed too, it felt like a giant weight had been lifted off your chest and you could breathe again.

“I’ll look at you when no one else will.”

-----

“So,” You began, looking down at her. “Care to explain what you did to Rin?”

She flinched, “What are you talking about, (Y/N)?”

Your eyes narrowed, “You know perfectly well what I’m talking about, (R/N).”

She faltered, knowing that there was no point in hiding the truth. “I just destroyed some stupid lipstick of hers.”

Snarling, you towered over her, “I bought that for her.”

(R/N) shrank, her confidence wilting as fast as you could say your own name.

“You’d better pay me back.” You growled, “And stop messing with her, okay?”

“Because,” You walked away from her, too disgusted to see her face.

“I will never look at you, no matter how hard you try.”

-----

From afar, you could see her smaller build standing by the quiet and empty road, waiting patiently.

Smiling, you gripped the small paper bag in your fist and crossed the junction.

“Rin!”

She turned at the sound of your voice and instantly came hurling down the pavement to hug you, grinning from ear to ear.

“(Y/N)!”

You spun her around, watching her short coral hair fly teasingly in the wind before you set her back down on the ground. “Hey, princess.”

She blushed at her new nickname, “Hey.”

Wrapping your hands around her waist, you brought her closer to you, not having to worry about people staring.

“Happy birthday,” You held up the paper bag you had in your (preferred side) hand. “I got you a little something.”

Eagerly, she slipped it off your fingers and took out a well-decorated box. She removed its cover and sitting neatly inside, was a tube of lipstick.

Feeling a wave of nostalgia overwhelm her, she looked up at you, and you gave her a gentle smile. “Open it.”

She opened the tube, staring at the familiar shade of pink that coloured it. Rin switched her attention back to you, “Are you sure?”

“It’s to replace your old one.”

She placed it in the slightly dry surface of her lips and swiftly applied it, glancing up at you whenever she could.

When she finished, she gave you a hesitant look, “Is it...okay, nya?”

Frowning, you shifted your weight to your (preferred side) leg. “Nope.”

“H-Huh?”

You reached out and wiped it cleanly off,

You look much more beautiful without it.”

-----

Thank you for reading! Sorry that I released it this late, again.

Man, my daily life is just really hectic. I hope you forgive me!

It’s going to be tough trying to finish all 34 requests left of this book, not counting in the January, February, March and April birthday challenges!

Still, going to strive ;)

After all, I did promise to deliver a RWBY × Reader book...

:))

[joyfulweirdo]

•8.11.2017•

Next: Kanan × shy!dancer!Reader

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

742K 13.9K 164
- no smut - crush x reader - my writing improves throughout :) - NO LONGER UPDATED -------- ☘︎ european date format ☘︎︎ started: 15/02/2020 finis...
2.2M 40.7K 199
Just some Yandere x Reader One Shots {Female Pronouns} Obviously ⚠️Trigger Warnings⚠️ Read at your own discretion May contain Mha/Vigilanties spoiler...
16.4K 402 46
A story where you, the reader, take part in the Love Live! School Idol Project series and more! I do not own the cover, whoever made the cover, I sin...
226K 4K 28
A collection of Haikyuu!! boys x reader oneshots, scenarios, & soulmate AUs! [CURRENTLY DISCONTINUED] [mostly x female readers, but some stories can...