Secrets (Haikyuu Fanfiction S...

By DancingLeaf16

️️⭐️2nd Place in Haikyuu Watty Awards 2015 love stories [canon pairing/OC pairing] Category⭐️ I'm just Haruka... More

1. The Deal
2. Obnoxiously Loud
3. Secret Team Meeting!
4. Operation AxH!!!
5. Wrong Idea
6. Bad Actor
7. Homemade Lunch
8. Bokuto's Ranting
9. Bokuto's Self Decision
10. Troublesome Night
11. Roaming Imagination
12. Test of Courage
13. A Different Side
14. Back to Practice
15. Suspicions
16. Fake Couple, Real Date
17. Change of Heart
18. Intense Workouts
19. Preparations
20. Owls Hoot!
21. Fukurodani's Ace
22. Friendly Rivalry
23. Difference
24. Responsibilities
25. Being a Leader
26. The Grade Killers
27. Completely Wrong Idea
28. The Oblivious One
29. Good and Bad Outcomes
30. Tokyo Alliances
31. Newcomers
32. Crush!?
33. Small Dispute
34. Coincidence
35. Realization
36. Resolution
37. No Longer a Lie
38. 4 on 4 Practice Match
39. Karasuno's Crows
40. BBQ!
41. Leadership
42. Ambition
43. Shocking News
44. Declaration
45. Secrets
46. Trust
47. Great Horned Owls!
48. Lift Off
49. Focus
50. Confidence
51. Celebration
52. Strategize
53. Unexpected
54. Part Time Job
55. Opening Up
56. Exposed
57. Chiharu's Training
58. Happy Birthday!
59. Reminiscence
60. Kept Hidden
61. Moving On
62. No Matter What...
63. Party Planning
64. Cheers
65. Spring High Tournament
66. Resolve
67. Battlefield
68. Triumph Owl
69. True Leader
70. Countdown to Finals
71. Unstoppable
72. The End Game
Author's Note
S1. New Years
S2. Valentine's Day
S3. New Captain
S4. Five Year Anniversary
S5. Proposal
S6. Wedding
S7. Kaede Akaashi
Haikyuu Fanfiction Series ~
Thank you readers!

73. Farewell Third Years

1.8K 65 11
By DancingLeaf16

Haruka POV
(In the gym ~ afternoon)

Today was supposed to be a regular volleyball practice day yet to my surprise, the third years decided to give us a surprise visit the day before their graduation ceremony.

"I'm back!" Mai appears along with Minako and Kata behind her. "Did you all miss us?!"

"Not really," Chika mutters.

A mischievous smile forms on Mai's face as she playfully headlocks Chika and jabs her on the head. "Be honest. You probably missed me the most huh Chika?"

"Oi! What do you think you're doing?!" Chika shouts in annoyance and the other two first years laugh.

"Glad to see that things are lively," Minako grins. "Tomorrow we'll be getting our diplomas and will no longer be in the school." Minako looks over at Mai and Kata. "So we came today to see you guys one last time."

Emiko smiles. "It's nice for you three to come visit us before you graduate."

"I agree! But it's amazing how fast time goes by. I can't believe you three are already graduating," Airi awes in amazement.

It's been almost 3 months since the Spring High Tournament and now the third years were going to graduate while everyone else was going to go up one grade higher. Things have changed after the third years went to study for their college exams, but seeing them back again makes me think to the times before the tournament.

"I don't feel like I'm going to college any time soon," Kata says with a shrug and looks over to me. "But even though we are going, you are all in good hands. Haruka, you were put as captain this year out of no where and I apologize for that."

"It's okay, I understand the situation at that time so I took the position," I tell her.

"I know, but before you came, the team was strong yet it was the individual strength of Misaki that made our team strong. When she was gone, we were worried about what would happen to our team but then you came." Kata smiles. "Thank you for taking and continuing the position as captain Haruka. With you, we were able to get so far."

"Thanks for the compliment but I admit Chika's doing a pretty good job as vice captain," I smile as I glance over to Chika who awkwardly scratches the back of her neck in embarrassment.

"Awww I'm really gonna miss you guys. You are all so innocent and adorable, but now that I'm going to graduate there will be no one to tease," Minako over exaggerates and a small smile forms on her face. "Although I hate the hellish exercises that Haruka gave us. We wouldn't be able to get so good in volleyball without them. Volleyball has really been fun with you all and I'm glad I got the chance to play with you all."

"Minako taking all my words," Mai sighs and points to us. "I know that you'll all do an amazing job even when we aren't here. After all none of you can really slack off if Haruka is here," Mai grins. "Fukurodani has grown so much over this time and I'm proud of everyone here."

I look over to the first years and they nod their heads. "Thank you very much!" We shout and bow our heads down.

Kata laughs. "No need to thank us, we couldn't have done this without you guys either."

"You know you're free to come visit," Coach Kaneko offers. "Even after you three graduate, you're always still be a part of the team."

"So does that mean you can still treat us out then~" Mai says twisting coach's words.

Coach Kaneko awkwardly lets out a laugh. "Ha. Well I don't know about that. My wallet might not be able to pay for you guys."

"I'm joking," Mai smiles and bows her head down. "Thank you for coaching us."

We all bow our heads down along her. "Thank you for coaching us Coach Kaneko!" We shout.

Mai raises her head and tears are streaming down her face. "I-I really love this team and I'm going to miss everyone here! You better keep in contact with us!"

Tears start streaming down Minako's face. "Mai you said you weren't going to cry. Now you're making me cry," Minako scolds as she tries wipe her tears away.

Kata pats Minako and Mai on the head. "You two are such crybabies. You're making the first years cry now."

I look over and see the first years burst out crying.

"We will keep in contact, but you better respond," Emiko sniffles.

"It's not going to be the same without you guys," Airi cries.

Chika tries to keep in her tears. "I... I'm going to miss you three even Mai... so visit and---"

"PLEASE--- PLEASE WATCH OVER US!!!!!" The first years shout together.

Coach Kaneko and I smile seeing the third years once again before they graduate. I have only been here a year but everything we went through together made us more closer than I ever could've imagined. We are a family.

Keiji POV
(Meanwhile...)

Today Kaori, Onaga, and I were planning on how to recruit more people to the volleyball team. All our third years have already moved on so as captain I have to do my part to create a volleyball team as great... no better than our old team.

Luckily being captain is no different than being vice captain. We also won the Spring Tournament so I'm sure many people will be interested in the team that won Nationals so recruiting will not be a problem. 

I clear my throat. "Alright Onaga if we decide to---"  

Out of no where Haru suddenly flies in from the gym windows.

...

If Haru's here then that means--- The gym doors slam open and not much to my surprise the third years come out of nowhere.

"Akaashi!" Bokuto greets.

"Bokuto-san what are you doing here? Shouldn't you be getting ready for your graduation coming tomorrow?" I ask.

"We will but we wanted to stop by to say hi!" Bokuto grins and notices the paper that I'm holding.

"What's this?" Bokuto asks as snatches a flier from the the pile on the table.

"Fliers for recruiting people to the volleyball team," I answer.

"Eh? Who drew this? Is this supposed to be Haru?" Bokuto says intensely staring at the drawing.

A vein pops on my head. "I drew that. It's supposed to be you."

"Me! Sorry Akaashi!" Bokuto apologizes. "You drew me good! It looks just like me!"

I sigh after hearing his attempt to redeem himself.

"It's good to see everyone again. It seems like you guys aren't stress out at all about graduating," Onaga says trying to change the topic and Bokuto grins.

"Hahahahaha! What's there to be stressed about! Nothing can stress out me!" Bokuto laughs.

"Hahaha that's true," Yukie giggles.

"Ne, I'm curious what I look like, Kaori can you pass me a flier," Konoha whispers to Kaori. Kaori hands Konoha and he stares at the flier in complete shock. "W-Why do I look like a Q-tip...?"

"Am I a tree?" Washio questions glancing over the flier.

Sarukui stares at the flier over Konoha's shoulder. "Is this monkey supposed to be me!?"

"Why am I a pineapple?!" Komi blurts out quite disappointed in the drawing.

I snatch the flier from them. "I understand, I won't draw anymore," I glare at them and they flinch.

I sigh. "Make sure you guys take care of yourself when you go to college. I won't be there to take care of you all forever you know." I turn to Bokuto. "And knowing Bokuto, he either came here to ask me for help or to avoid doing the graduation process right?"

The team looks at Bokuto with a deadpanned look. <He's probably right>. They silently think to themselves.

"You're already a third year in your prime age Bokuto. You can't stay here anymore," I scold.

"Did Akaashi just say prime age?" Komi blinks surprised.

"I feel like that was an indirect insult to us all?" Konoha says quite conflicted.

The tips of Bokuto's lips turn up and he laughs. "Akaashi. You don't have to worry about me or any of us third years anymore," he says and pats me on the head. "We've been together through thick and thin. Everyone in this room has always depended on you whether it be as a setter or as a friend. To be honest, I actually brought everyone along to not just come say our farewells, but also to give our thanks for all the times you have taken care of us, especially me." 

All the third years smile hearing Bokuto's words then look over to me and bow their heads down. "Thank you for everything Akaashi!" 

My eyes widen and tears began to fall as I remember all my moments with them as a first and second year in Fukurodani. All the practice days we had together in the gym as we spend hours working together. All the matches we had, whether it was a win or a loss. Even the regular days where they would come to visit me in the second year building even though they were third years. I never realized it till now but they aren't just my teammates. They're my best friends.

I try to wipe my tears away, but I couldn't stop them from falling. All the third years give me pat on the head with a warm smile on their face.

"Bokuto has officially left the nest Akaashi you should be happy. You don't need to take care of him anymore," Konoha comforts.

"Hey!" Bokuto shouts.

"It's a time celebrate Akaashi is not longer Bokuto's caretaker," Komi joking says as he pats me on the back.

"Hey! Hey that's not true!" Bokuto shouts and he pouts.

"Here Akaashi," Yukie hands me a tissue. I wipe my tears and blow my nose.

"You guys are free to come visit," Coach Yamiji offers to the third years. "Even after you all graduate, you're always a part of our team and we welcome you with wide arms."

"Even if you didn't say that, I'm sure Bokuto would probably sneak in somehow when no one's looking," Komi states.

"H-How did you know!?" Bokuto blurt out in shock and everyone laughs.

I look at the team and engrave this memory in my heart.

This is the last time we will all be in the same room together.

I didn't have any amazing reason to go to Fukurodani, but I'm glad that I decided to go here because I got to meet these people that I've come to grow together with and play volleyball with all my heart.

Thank you Bokuto and everyone for all that you do. As captain, I will do my best to be foundation of this team and follow your footsteps.

Haruka POV
(1 year later ~ Fukurodani Academy)

"Sorry for being late," I apologize to Keiji, who's been waiting for me for a while.

"It's fine," Keiji says and extends his hand out.

I smile as I reach for his hand and lace my hand with his. "Keiji how's being captain?" I ask and he sighs.

"I felt like I just met a bunch of Bokuto Jr.'s everywhere," Keiji bluntly states.

"What do you mean by that?" I ask quite surprised.

More like I can't imagine.

"It's unexplainable," Keiji says with a shrug.

I laugh. "Hahaha so nothing has changed huh?"

"... no things have changed," Keiji says, but a small smile forms on his face. "But it's okay, I know everyone is moving on in their lives. After all they're all in college now doing something in their life."

"Even Bokuto?" I ask quite skeptical.

Keiji chuckles. "Even Bokuto. He told me that college is hard but he's making do with it. I'm proud of him."

"You're like his father aren't you Keiji?" I giggle and Keiji gives me a peck on the cheek.

"Nope I'm your boyfriend," Keiji smirks and my cheeks flush.

"Don't surprise me like that!" I lightly punch him on the shoulder and he laughs.

"I'm teasing you Haruka," Keiji laughs and a small smile forms on my face.

Things have changed, Keiji is nothing like how he was before when I first met. Seeing him now, he's much more open to how's he's feeling to me and to others.

"Are you ready though? It's our third year. We're going to be going through the same things and before you know it. We'll graduate too," Keiji tells me.

"Of course I am," I grin and put our hands up. "And if you're around with me, then I feel like I can do anything," I admit embarrassed by my own words and he smiles.

"I do too," Keiji says.

The two of us lovingly gaze at one another and kiss.

Everything that happened last year was memorable, yet this isn't the end of our story, but just the beginning of the next page to a new story.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

100K 2.1K 24
My first fanfic so please bare with me! You are Tsukishima's twin sister and you transfer to Karasuno. As a mute girl, you face many challenges, but...
20.9K 705 31
-Bokuto x Fem!Reader (plus some Kuroo x Fem!Reader) -Bokuto's your neighbor. Your childhood friend. Of course, you had a crush on him back when you...
232K 6.9K 26
❝𝐆𝐎𝐃, 𝐘𝐎𝐔'𝐑𝐄 𝐒𝐎 𝐅𝐔𝐂𝐊𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐘 𝐖𝐇𝐄𝐍 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐂𝐑𝐘.❞ ╰┈─➤ 𝙞𝙣 𝙬𝙝𝙞𝙘𝙝 𝘼𝙠𝙖𝙖𝙨𝙝𝙞 𝙨𝙪𝙜𝙜𝙚𝙨𝙩𝙨 𝙨𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣�...
38.6K 780 44
[Going Through Editing] Hi there! I'm Oikawa Midori and yes, I'm the sister of that flat-ass, annoying brat, Oikawa Toru. I'm a 1st year at Aoba Josh...