Daevas -I- ✔️

Bởi -S-N-O-

Mouths lie, but blood does not. Ari confronts this profound truth as a holy war between humans and demons eru... Xem Thêm

*************
Chapter 1.1: Perchance a Demon
Chapter 1.2: Honey and Mead
Chapter 1.3: Apples
Chapter 2: Name
Chapter 2.1: Left Behind
Chapter 2.2: Lies
Chapter 3: Lessons
Chapter 3.1: Ignorance
Chapter 3.2: Taint
Chapter 3.3: Knowledge
Chapter 4: Sacrilegious
Chapter 4.1: Lust
Chapter 4.2: Astray
Chapter 4.3: Trespass
Chapter 4.4: Desecration
Chapter 5: Curiosity
Chapter 5.1: Wonderment
Chapter 5.2: Marks
Chapter 6: Journey
Chapter 6.1: Erroneous
Chapter 6.2: Touch
Chapter 6.3: Blond Beauty
Chapter 6.4: Dark Night
Chapter: 6.5 Distance
Chapter 7: Discovery
Chapter 7.1: Sin
Chapter 7.2: Desire
Chapter 7.3: Loss
Chapter 7.4: Love
Chapter 7.5: Lost
Chapter 8: Rumination
Chapter 8.1: Doubt
Chapter 8.2: Intimacy
Chapter 8.3: Longing
Chapter 9: Enigma
Chapter 9.1: Forgotten
Chapter 9.2: Recollections
Chapter 9.3: Ardor
Chapter 9.4: Envelop
Chapter 9.5: Revelations
Chapter 9.6: Revelations II
Chapter 10: Maelstrom
Chapter 10.1: Missing Pieces
Chapter 10.2: Ultimatum
Chapter 10.3: Darkness
Chapter 10.4: Judgment
Chapter 11: Twilight
Chapter 11.1: Clandestine
Chapter 11.2: Shadows and Whispers
Chapter 11.3: Poison
Chapter 11.4: Deceit
Chapter 11.5: Blood Ties
Chapter 12: Truth Be Told
Chapter 12.2: Stories & Stars
Chapter 12.3: Hypocrite
Chapter 12.4: Liar
Chapter 12.5: Choice
Chapter 13: Tick-tock
Chapter 13.1: Undone
Chapter 13.2: Reason
Chapter 13.3: Friend
Chapter 13.4: Resolve
Chapter 14: The Greats
Chapter 14.1: Unmasked
Chapter 14.2: Labyrinth
Chapter 14.3: Memories
Chapter 14.4: Remembrance
Chapter 15: True Self
Chapter 15.1: Ensnared
Chapter 15.2: Starry Night
Chapter 15.3: Frustration
Chapter 15.4: Promise
Chapter 16: Harun
Chapter 16.1: Temptation
Chapter 16.2: Only if for a Night
Chapter 16.3: Requited
Chapter 16.4: Ties That Bond Us
Chapter 17: Home
Chapter 17.1: Demon Town
Chapter 17.2: Reciprocity
Chapter 17.3: Trick or Treat
Chapter 17.4: Deviant
Chapter 17.5: Beguiling Devil
Chapter 18: Trial by Fire
Chapter 18.1: Fever
Chapter 18.2: Scabs
Chapter 18.3: Scars
*Daevari -II-*

Chapter 12.1: Two Sides

2.9K 239 66
Bởi -S-N-O-

Ari glanced at Auovin and saw a pair of honeyed colored eyes gazing right into his. He did not want Auovin so close because he could not think properly. Some other part of himself would take over and he would make rash decisions. Ari bit down on his lip as warm breath traveled up his neck. He sank his hands in the dirt, trying his best not to act on his growing want for him. Ari had great self-discipline once before. With them, it seemed to dissipate or be as if it were never there.

"Would you like to hear it?" Auovin murmured.

Ari nodded.

"I will tell it to you as long as if you do not turn around. The moment you do, I will stop."

"Why?"

"Must I give you a reason?"

Ari kneaded his brows and looked out into the lake.

"Where is Cyrus?"

"Somewhere."

"Somewhere?" Ari fought the need to turn around and face him. He made himself stay put causing him to grab more dirt in his hands. "What do you mean by somewhere?"

Auovin only responded with more silence. His eyelashes tickled Ari's neck as the silence between them became deafening.

"He is your... " Ari struggled to find the right word to describe the relationship between the two of them; it was hard. He did not know much about them and how they came to be with one another.

"My what?"

"Has he done something wrong... to you? You care for him, yet you are acting as if you never have right now. I do not like it."

Auovin let out a low laugh and pressed Ari closer into his chest.

"You tell me you do not like it when I speak of him when it is just us here alone, and now you want me to. What exactly do you suppose I do?"

Ari closed his eyes growing hot with embarrassment. He knew what time Auovin was referring to, but that was when Auovin was ignoring him and only spoke to him to inquire about Cyrus' whereabouts. That and now were two completely different things, but Ari did not bother to argue with him about it.

"I have not seen him since you left, so I-- "

"I did not leave. You did. I just was not there when you came back."

There was a bite in his voice that Auovin hid well, but Ari knew he was upset by it almost instantly. However, they were side-tracking and it was Ari's fault. He wanted to know of Auovin's past. Cyrus could wait for now. There was no point in making him upset when he was close to telling him something he has been wanting to hear for awhile now.

"Did you expect me to be?" Auovin asked.

"No... I did not, but I wish you were."

"Oh?"

"Because I missed you and I was worried... that you would do something reckless," Ari mumbled.

Auovin smiled against his neck. His lips slipped down to the base of his shoulder. "I believe you are the more reckless one. Following me into lands you know not a thing about."

"It does not matter. I am here now and I have found you."

"Not without adversity," Auovin noted.

"Nothing is easy when it involves you."

Ari felt his teeth biting lightly onto his collarbone. Quickly, Ari moved away before they could sink in further. Ari would become distracted by the pleasure and pain that bite would bring him and he did not want that.

"I do not know what you want, so I do not know what to give you or what to say to you when there is so little information to work with."

"Shall I give you a story then?" Auovin whispered close his ear again causing Ari to shudder. Why was it that every little thing he did made Ari want him badly? It mattered not if they were small whispers or touches on the neck. It made Ari react all the same. Perhaps, that was why Auovin did not want him to turn to see him. Just the thought of his face and his hair and his... Ari's thoughts were becoming muggy and hot. He could not concentrate the way they were now.

"You do not really want to tell me," Ari breathed. His heart was beating so fast in his chest. There was no way in convincing it to settle down. No, not when Auovin was so near.

"I do not," Auovin said as he bit down on Ari's ear. Ari had to bite his own lip to stop his voice from betraying him. "But I will... "

"Before that... Can I... Can I kiss you?"

"I am sure you had your fill of them already." Auovin scathed his teeth down Ari's neck before he bit into his shoulder causing Ari's breath to hitch. "Have you not?"

Ari's eyes widened. Was he jealous? If so, he had no reason to be. Sai wanted nothing but friendship with him. He would kiss him ever so often, but they were not the kisses Ari was pining for. Ari wanted his. He was frustrated with himself for not being able to show more self-discipline, but he was unraveling quickly and in much need of satisfaction that was denied to him time and time again.

"I did not think it would matter so much... Who I was with and what I was doing. You did not seem to care before. And you do as you please. Can I not do the same?"

Auovin turned Ari's head to face him. His brows were furrowed and his lips were drawn tight. Ari's breath was stolen away just from his gaze alone. A gaze that wanted to devour him whole. Through all his frustration, Ari could not help but notice just how gorgeous Auovin was. His long lashes, thin brows, tan soft skin, plump lips and yellow eyes that spoke of his desires, all those features coaxed Ari's nestled feelings to rise. Ari licked his lips and tried to turn his eyes elsewhere, but Auovin quickly turned it back and pressed his lips to his.

Unlike Cyrus, Auovin did not give him soft kisses. They were rough and wet, drowning him in the bittersweet taste of aged grapes and hot breath. Ari responded by opening his mouth more which gave way to his hungry demands. Gradually, Ari turned more to face him until he was straddling him. He wanted more.

Ari tilted his head to gain a better angle. He pressed a hand to Auovin's cheek to balance himself. Ari did not want to break away first, but he was winning a losing battle. The way his tongue wrapped around his, exploring every inch of his mouth made Ari's body grow hot in places Auovin had not even touched yet. Ari broke away the moment Auovin nipped his tongue. Auovin bit the bottom of his lip just as Ari did, causing it to swell and bleed.

No matter how hard Ari tried to conceal it, Ari was wanting Auovin badly. Ari knew what to expect with Auovin and he wanted more of it. Before Ari could wipe away the bit of blood, Auovin pressed his thumb to it and wiped it away for him. It caused Ari to sigh from the pleasurable tingles it caused.

Auovin's thumb lingered near the opening of Ari's mouth. Ari took his finger in his mouth and sucked on it slowly before letting it go. It tasted just as sweet as his mouth. Ari took Auovin back into his mouth already missing the warmth and the hot feeling that came with it. It was sudden enough to throw Auovin off balance, pushing him onto the grass. Auovin tugged down onto Ari's shirt pulling him closer until Auovin began to devour him piece by piece. He felt his hand at his bottom slowly making their way down his pants but stopped suddenly. Ari pried his eyes open then.

"I do believe I am in need of a formal introduction."

Hearing Kaval's voice was like a splash of cold water being dumped on him.

"Kaval." Ari moved from on top of Auovin. His shirt cinched up which Ari did not realize. Quickly, Ari pulled it down causing Kaval to laugh.

"I do not care what you do or who you do it with, Little Master, as long as if you are safe."

Auovin sat up and stared at Kaval. Kaval did the same. Compared to Auovin, Kaval's gray eyes seemed darker. Kaval's complexion held an olive tint much like Ari's. Auovin was much darker in comparison. Auovin also had long, dark straight hair that came down to his back whereas Kaval had dirty blonde hair with loose curls and waves thrown into the mix. It went a little past the shoulders but would be longer if it was straight. They were as different as night and day which made Ari uneasy. When no words were passed for some seconds, Ari rose and took Kaval's wrist in hand.

"If this is him then I have led you to him appropriately. Now, the real issue at hand is what you must do after."

"Kaval, he is... he is the one I... "

Kaval looked back at Auovin, but Ari shook him and brought him forward.

"Do not look at him when I am speaking about him," Ari hissed.

"It is not as if he does not know already."

"Kaval--"

"If you are going to tell a story, do it in a way that is not distracting to him. He cannot control his emotions as well you as you know this. Do not take advantage. You know what he feels for you and if you do not feel the same it is best if you tell him now, so you do not drag him along into your little game of gods and beasts." Kaval cleared his throat. "This is a good enough distance. Do not mind me. You may speak now."

Ari's face grew unbearably red.

"I do mind your presence here, Kaval," Ari muttered.

"My presence would not be here if you kept him at a distance."

"Why is it that--"

"Because he is dangerous."

"Why do you say that?"

"Because he is an old one and all the old ones are. He says only the stars may know their stories but I and many other guardians know them well. However, I think a story such as this one is best told from his mouth and his alone. Is that not right, Oliya?"

Auovin took a breath and walked close to Kaval, so close they could be breaths apart.

"You may have tethered yourself to him for his blood, but I can break it and send you and your wretched soul back from whence you came."

"You do that, and you will do quite the damage to him. It was mutual, after all."

Auovin cut his eyes to Ari, but Ari did not know what they were speaking about, so he could not say a thing.

"The moon is high in the sky and the wind is growing chilly. Shall we rest inside?" Kaval said as he looked at Ari. Ari nodded, not bothering to look back. If he did, he would change his mind and would want to go back. Auovin had that way about him. He stirred around these carnal desires growing inside of him. When he touched him, they only grew. Ari wanted to control himself, but if Kaval had not come when he did, Ari knew he would have been too far gone. It was a physical thing, yes. But it was an emotional thing as well and that was why he could not help himself the moment his eyes met Auovin's. Auovin had missed him and wanted him just as much as he did, Ari was sure.

As soon as the door shut behind him, Kaval took him into the fire room and sat him down.

"Do not become swept up in such physical emotion," Kaval said.

"I cannot help it.'"

"Because you want his blood."

"His blood and his body are only pieces of the whole that I want."

Kaval eyed him before saying, "I will prepare a bath for you."

Ari sighed and rubbed his forehead. Not seeing Auovin for so long only intensified his feelings. He was fine with just kisses before but now he wanted more, much more. Just the thought alone only made Ari become painfully aware of how tight his groin had gotten.

Instead of waiting there, Ari headed to the room Kaval left into. It was dark save for a candle or two. There was not a single piece of furniture there save for a large tin big enough to be made into a bath. Ari peaked inside and felt the steam rising from the hot water. It was somewhat filled, however, so Ari thought to wait. Kaval was probably out fetching more water to add to the tub. Ari waited and waited for his return but when another minute passed by, Ari went out the back door to check and see where he had gone.

Ari stopped the moment he heard Auovin's voice pass through his ears followed by Kaval's.

"If you think for a moment to bring him to them, I will kill you where you stand now," Auovin said.

"They have no issue with him. It is you and Ylanan. He has nothing to do with it... save for his blood." Auovin narrowed his eyes at Kaval but Kaval only smiled in return. "You are too late, so what will you do now, I wonder."

"I will do as I had done centuries ago and seal them back into the darkness where they belong."

"And you? You cannot think for a moment that you do not belong there as well."

Ari's eyes widened.

"There is a price one must pay for everything. Every time it is something different. It may not be the same with Harun. Perhaps they may not give you long to live as they did him. With you, they may want much more than your immortality." Kaval's smile grew darker.

Auovin's eyes found Ari's instantly which made Ari walk back inside. Was that what he meant by his words so long ago? That he would not always be around. No, that could not be it. He would not do such a selfless thing. He was selfish and terribly so. Nothing was making sense to him anymore.

"Ari," Auovin said, gaining Ari's attention.

"What is it that you are not telling me and what part do I play in it?"

"I do not... Once, I thought to involve you but not anymore. It is too late to strengthen the seal that had bound them. One has already woken... "

"Because of me?"

"I do not blame you. You did not know."

It dawned on Ari then. The dark place...

"Ylanan is overcome with grief and he did something he will soon regret."

"It was Inge. It was not Ylanan," Ari corrected.

"But he led you there under the guise that it would be your father resting there below. He knows as well as I that he is dead."

"The reason why we had sealed them away... The reason why Ylanan broke one of the seals... is because they are the only ones that can kill us."

Ari looked at Kaval who only moved closer towards him. Auovin grabbed Ari's hand and pressed him behind him.

"I will do him no harm," Kaval uttered.

"You are their creature."

"I cannot choose who my maker is just as much as you cannot. But I can choose my master and it is him. He and I have a bond, a contract, after all. And I find him unbearably cute, so much so I want to eat him. What harm would I ever do to him?"

"Auovin," Ari patted his hand growing tighter by the second. "He is a friend. I trust him."

"He is-- "

"I do not care to know. What I want right now... is not an explanation or seeing you both pointing fingers at the other. What I want is your story. A story of the gods and how you came to be, your fall, and the time that passed after. This time, you will tell me."

Auovin stared at Kaval and Kaval did the same.

"It is an easy one to tell now that there is another here who knows the other half as well."

Kaval snuffed.

"We may have been terrible beings, but they were far worse than we were. Much greater, in comparison."

"That is why you call them The Greats... How funny that is indeed," Kaval mused. "However, there are two sides to every story... Ari."

"And then there is the truth," Auovin admonished.

_______________________________________________

[A/N]

Auovin and Ari still have a crap ton of physical chemistry even though they've been away from each other for awhile. Anyway, I did not think Auovin and Kaval would mesh well together in the first place. The little pieces they are dropping in between conversations gives Ari reason enough to believe it's from the past, though. So sit back and enjoy the story that's about to unfold. Who knows what little secrets may be revealed ~.😙

Leave me your thoughts down below!

❤️ As always, thank you thank you thank you for reading this story and leaving wonderful feedback/comments! I appreciate your votes and every other bit of love you show to this book. It gives more motivation than ever to complete this crazy "love" story of mine. ❤️

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

33 5 4
A story of ancient magics, court intrigue, adventure and ... blood. Can you find the light in the depths of your darkness?
19.5K 2.3K 55
"What were you up to?" he asked with a cold look. Nix just looked at him confused. Had he done something wrong? His heart was racing. That had been c...
149K 14.4K 65
Cain, an ex-noble, dies as a common thief thanks to the manipulation of his wicked half-brother. Luckily, the magic scroll he had just stolen sends h...
552 49 40
Alistair's being plagued by dreams about a certain creature. And someone who could be his Grandmother, but no, she died. He lives in a town called Mi...