You & I || H.S.

Von spectrumstyles

He was the sun, while she was Mercury: the smallest, most burned planet; all because of his beautiful yet dea... Mehr

Introduction.
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Epilogue.
Stories

Chapter 36

5.8K 145 41
Von spectrumstyles

Annabeth’s P.O.V.

“Hey, Dr. Chase?” I heard someone call from behind then turned around to find Mia, one of the receptionists waving at me. I raised my brows at her, not knowing what she wanted.

“Excuse me, Dr. Chase but do you know where Dr. Styles is?” The young lady was out of breath, I assume she had run all the way here?

“Uh, I guess he’s with a patient now, why?” I softly spoke, waiting patiently for her to catch her breath and answer me.

“He has a phone call, someone called Liam Payne I believe?” I smiled.

“I’ll go and inform him now, thank you Mia.” She smiled in response then turned and walked away to her original position.

I grabbed my clipboard tightly to my chest then walked in the crowded hallway of the hospital towards the children department. The tension between me and Harry subsided slightly as we both chose to forget what had happened, though the words seem to play themselves in my mind 24\7.

I don’t really want to lose my friendship with Harry, I mean he’s fun to be around and by work judgment; we have to talk or work with each other at least half the time here as our duties were slightly similar. I also don’t want to lose my friendship with him because of that matter; I reject creating problems out of love for anything.

“Ay Max!” I called out to a fellow of mine and Harry, he would absolutely know where Harry was as he was all around the hospital all the time, and may I add doing nothing?

“Hey there, Annabeth, what’s up?” I chuckled as he looked like roaming around the place, doing nothing again.

“Yeah, yeah, I’m good. But have you seen Styles around? We need him.” He smiled then pointed towards one of the X-Ray rooms.

“Over there with a patient, I guess. Kid of course.” He rolled his eyes and I shook my head, chuckling.

“Thanks Max, and please find anything to do in here rather than gossiping with the nurses!” I joked and he threw his head back in laughter before pointing a finger towards me.

“I wouldn’t promise you of that, Chase!” Then he walked away, leaving me smiling and heading towards the X- Ray room at the end of the narrow corridor.

After knocking swiftly on the door, I opened it to find Harry carrying a kid and showing him something on the X-Ray monitor. I smiled widely at the sight in front of me. The kid extended his arm and pointed towards something hidden then said something, causing Harry to throw his head back in laughter.

This was probably one of the best scenes man could see in his life. A doctor carrying a kid patient and showing him something on the monitor while joking over it with him. I spotted a woman at the very back end of the room who was smiling; I presume she was the mother.

Instantly, I remembered why I came here on the first place then cleared my throat, causing all three pairs of eyes to snap to my direction; awkward.

“Dr. Styles, would you mind taking a moment of your time?” I politely informed him, not wanting to sound all too casual in front of the kid’s mum.

“Uh, yeah sure.” He replied then placed the kid on the bed. “I’ll be back, buddy.” It made my heart awe how he called him buddy, like he was his friend or something.

“Hey,” He greeted after heading out and closing the door. I smiled then nodded my head before speaking up.

“Well, Mia informed me that you had a phone call from Liam and needed you there, immediately.” I dramatically narrowed my eyes at him and he chuckled.

“Well then, if she added immediately, then I need to go there before she comes and slay me.” He raised his hands in the air and I laughed, too loud for my liking. I covered my mouth in horror which caused him to laugh.

“Well you better go; I won’t assign a lawyer to defend you in the court huh!” He rolled his eyes before walking away.

“Ha-Ha, hilarious Anne.” He said while walking away and shivers ran down my spine at the usage of this old name he once gave me.

He probably didn’t notice because he didn’t look back, but I unfortunately did. The way he said it wasn’t so different from the way it used to roll off of his tongue in the past, exception of the raspier and deeper voice of his now. I finally decided to shrug it off, not wanting to exaggerate then entered the X-Ray room.

“Uh, I’m sorry, but Dr. Styles is currently busy, he’ll b back in five.” I informed the awaiting mother and kid, who looked too similar confirming my thoughts.

“So, are you a friend of Dr. Styles?” I smiled.

“Yeah, I am.”

“Girlfriend?” I froze in my place, eyes wide. I suddenly started coughing hysterically, probably because I just chocked on my own breathing.

“I’m so sorry, Ms. Walker, but I had to take this phone call. Oh, Annabeth you okay?” He walked over to me then I felt his hand patting my back in a helpful gesture, but I stepped away, causing him to frown.

“Uh, yeah. I- I’m okay!” I spoke between fits of coughs.

“Here, drink this.” He poured water in a plastic cup then handed it over to me. I gladly took it muttering a thank you under my breath before gulping the liquid quickly.

“Thanks.” I spoke once the coughing died out.

“What a lovely girlfriend you have here, Harry.” The woman spoke again. Is she bloody trying to kill me now? I waited for an asthma attack to strike in, but it fortunately never came.

“Girlfriend? Oh no, Ms. Walker. Dr. Chase here is an, um, a friend of mine.” He stated then looked away, avoiding our gazes.

“Oh, I’m sorry; you just fitted each other very well.” She spoke again and heard him chuckle. I rolled my eyes.

“Um, I don’t know how to respond back to that.” He probably wanted to thank her by now. “Ms. Walker, your son is indeed healing very quickly and I am relieved to tell you that we will be reducing the medications now. He’ll just take it once every morning, not twice anymore.”

“Thank you so much, son.” She patted his shoulder and I swear I saw him blush, making me smirk and fold my arms over my chest. She then whispered something in his ears which caused his eyes to go wider than ever and his face to redden.

“Uh, yeah ok.” He stuttered nervously.

“Well, thanks again. I’ll see you next week. And I’m glad I met you, Dr. Chase.”  I shook her hand before nodding and smiling at her, not able to say I did like meeting her back, I won’t lie.

“Wow,” I heard Harry breath a sigh of relief after that she walked out of the room. “That was intense.”

“What a curious old lady.” He laughed.

“She’s really sweet and kind though, not to mention how incredibly funny her son is.” I smiled, remembering the adorable scene I witnessed once I walked in here.

“You really do prefer the company of children over adults, don’t you?” I asked, sitting down on a chair. He soon copied my actions, taking a seat beside me.

“Yeah, I mean they’re easy to talk to and won’t judge you by your appearance, they’ll just make innocent jokes about how tired you look. They’re fun and really sweet, not like these cruel adults.” I smiled.

“You know, you were never like this.” I spoke the truth and he sighed, looking down at his fingers which were fumbling with each other.

“I changed a lot I guess.” I sighed. “Oh, you need to know something important.” I looked over at him.

“What?” I curiously asked.

“You’ll be spending the day tomorrow with Niall shopping for his tuxedo.” I gaped at his words.

“What?” I shrieked. “I won’t waste my precious Saturday morning bloody shopping with Niall for his bloody tux!” I argued and he rolled his eyes before crossing his arms over his chest.

“No, you’ll.”

“What the heck do you mean by No you’ll?

“I mean, I really need that favor from you, Annabeth! Liam was supposed to go with him as he’s the best man, but Melina is really sick and he’d have to stick by her. He asked me to go with him as the rest of the lads were busy doing other stuff, preparing for the wedding, but I’m travelling to Paris for a conference there. So, I won’t be able to come.” He pleaded.

“Wait, what? A conference?” I asked.

“Yeah, it’s like this kick cancer’s butt thingies and I’m invited there to help the children and the doctors. Anyway, not the main point here, would you please go? It’d mean a lot?” He pouted and I huffed, knowing I just wasted my Saturday night with Niall.

****

“No, Niall. You can’t buy a tuxedo which costs 20 thousand pounds!” I exclaimed, throwing my hands in the air.

“But Beth, it’s really nice. Besides, it’s comfortable!” I huffed then messaged my temples. It has been five hours of hell.

“Niall, first of all, you can not buy a blue suit in your wedding—”

“Why?” He whined, cutting me off.

“Because I say so, you are not wearing a blue tux to the wedding. And second, you clearly don’t have twenty thousand pounds spilling out of your pockets willing for you to spend them on such thing!” Some of the clients started glaring at me due to my loud voice, but I couldn’t care less. I wasn’t in the mood right now to think about it.

“God, why did you come?” He huffed while heading back towards the changing rooms. I huffed too then sat on the leather couch beside it.

“I’m asking myself the same question.” I yelled for him to hear and heard him cuss from the room.

My phone suddenly buzzed, signaling there was a new text message. I placed all the plastic bags beside me then grabbed my buzzing phone from my leather, brown satchel and unlocked it.

From: Harry

How are you both doing?

I read the text message four times over then furiously typed on the keypad of my phone.

To: Harry

 He’s whining like a four years old kid who wants chocolates! *Pissed off emotion*

Yes, I just texted a pissed off emotion. I waited for a good few seconds before he replied back.

From: Harry

Well, I hope you’re enjoying your time together.

To: Harry

Don’t tempt me to block your number; I won’t hesitate to do it.

From: Harry.

I’m sorry, please don’t! Anyway, the conference is going great; you would have loved being here.

I smiled; clearly happy he was enjoying his time. I didn’t doubt it for a moment; Harry really knew how to interact excellently with kids, me on the other side, gets thrown by anything they have in their hands. I suck!

To: Harry

I am really happy you’re enjoying your time, hope you the best and safe trip back home. I need to go as I’ll have to handle a whining Niall now. See you later, Harry.

And with that, I locked my phone then placed it back in my satchel before looking up at a huffing and glaring Niall. I glared back then stood up and searched once more through the racks for any shitty suit he would wear to his bloody wedding next week. I wonder why haven’t he already bought a tux, as far as I know, Liam bought his a month away from the wedding.

“Is this good?” He asked, showing me a red-velvet Armani suit. I scrunched up my nose at it then hook my head furiously. What is with this boy and his taste in suits?

“And how about this?” I looked at him again, rolling my eyes. I won’t be surprised if it was a green suit by now.

I was surprised to see that it was a black Gucci suit which looked perfect. A white button up shirt and a black tie\bowtie would be perfect with it and I am not really in the mood to look for any other suits.

“That’s it, Niall.” We both smiled, relieved this day was about to end.

****

“So, where’s Josh then? He seems like he disappeared out of the universe lately.” Niall said, voice muffled as he was speaking while stuffing his food with cheeseburgers.

“Uh, yeah, I myself don’t see him a lot these days. He’s really busy with his trials and is out of town repeatedly.” I sadly spoke, picking at my fries.

“Well, I hope him the best,” He seriously spoke and I was taken aback by his seriousness. “What? You think I can’t be serious at times?”

“I know you can, you just seem to be laughing all the time.” I rolled my eyes, playing with one of my fries in my plate.

“One; I could be dead serious at times, but I chose to laugh instead as the world is too serious, it needs some refreshment. And two; didn’t your parents teach you its wrong playing with your food?” He said before snatching some of my fries from my plate and I gasped. He ate them next.

“One; that was deep. And two; didn’t yours teach you that it’s incredibly wrong to steal food which doesn’t belong to you? Especially from the Annabeth?” I asked before snatching some of his fries and placing them on my plate back.

The Annabeth?” He laughed.

“Yeah, that’s my monstrous name. Like it or don’t, I don’t care!” He laughed again

“You’re hilarious!” He spoke between fits of laughter.

“I know, but let’s talk seriously now, ok?” He nodded and I continued. “How are you feeling when you’re a week away from marrying the girl you love the most.” I solemnly asked.

“What?” He cried in horror which cased some people at McDonald’s to glare at us. Everywhere we go, clients glare at us. Damn you, Niall. “I’m marrying next week? I thought we were shopping for suits for fun!” I stared at him emotionlessly while he cracked in laughter again, oh boy.

“That’s not funny. Not a bit.” I spoke, my face holding a poker face emotion.

“That’s hilarious, don’t deny it!” He saw my emotion then patted my arm. “Okay, let’s talk seriously. I have mixed up emotions, you know. I have this slight fear of commitment but I am so happy that I’m marrying Steph, I mean I love this girl more than anything in the world, despite her bitchiness at times,” I laughed while he chuckled, knowing he was dead true.

“But nevertheless, I love her so fucking much. She’s everything to me. She’s my sun which shines and spreads its warm rays all over the world and my air which I can’t live without. She’s the reason why I am standing until this moment and I am more than thankful because she’s in my life right now.” My heart fluttered at his words. Smiling, I pretended to wipe away some tears and placed my hand over my heart dramatically, causing Niall to laugh.

“Seriously, if I was a writer, I’d write about your love story, you guys.” I mused and he smiled, not laughed but smiled a sincere smile then looked at his food.

“I guess I’m lucky having her in my life.”

“And she’s very lucky having someone like you, who love her so much in her life. I think you make such a perfect couple.” I truthfully spoke.

“Thanks, Beth. Oh, did you know that the wedding will be held in Ireland?” He asked and I nodded.

“Yeah, I did know. I think it was very wise of you to decide this, I mean it’d be great marrying there amongst all the green and everything!”

“You’re really exaggerating! What green? You think we’re gonna marry in a farm or what?” He asked, eyeing me like I was crazy or something.

“Please Niall, don’t ruin the moment for me! I am here saying how it was very wise of you marrying there and you’re mocking me? How could Steph handle you?” I spat, rolling my eyes and he snored.

“I could handle her and that means she could handle me. That’s love, bitch.” I chuckled lightly, knowing he’s true. If he could handle Steph and her bitchiness, then she could handle him easily.

“Yeah, that’s love.” I sighed. “Niall, do you have any idea what the colors of our dresses would be?” I asked referring to the bridesmaids. He gulped his coke then shifted on his seat nervously.

“Uh, its- its green.” What the heck?

“Green? Why?” I shrieked.

“You know, green as in Ireland. Well, we wanted to make it orange or orange with a little bit of green, but we finally decided on something bearable for the crowd’s eyes.” He nervously stated.

“Green? Orange? Green and Orange? What the hell were you both thinking? Let’s all wear Ireland flags for the wedding party? You both are crazy!” I loudly stated.

“If you don’t like it, then don’t come.” He spat to me and I snored, repeating his actions.

“Of course I’m not coming.” I rolled my eyes, but I knew that I was lying.

“Well, that means more food for me.” I glared at him and he returned the gesture.

“You’re unbelievably unbearable, Mr. Niall Horan.” I dramatically narrowed my eyes at him while speaking and he did the same.

“You are also so incredibly unbearable, Ms. Annabeth Chase.” 

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

18.3K 847 20
London, England - 1820 Princess Darya's sad and troubled childhood forced her into a dangerous situation. Escaping to London, she hoped her guardian...
407K 12.3K 94
Theresa Murphy, singer-songwriter and rising film star, best friends with Conan Gray and Olivia Rodrigo. Charles Leclerc, Formula 1 driver for Ferrar...
8.2K 320 13
❝We can't Charli, not even the stars want us to be together!❞ ❝It's simple Chase, let's just 𝐫𝐞𝐰𝐫𝐢𝐭𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬.❞ ★ In which, Chase an...
98.9K 3.1K 34
"Love can be a cure, but also a curse. I know it too well, trust me." ><><><><><><>< Evangeline was trying...