NETIZEN

Od AmariOkito

The media destroyed her life, and Seo Hye Mi seeks revenge. NETIZEN, a website where one can expose or reveal... Více

>ChAracTer InSPirAtioNs<
거짓말 하지마*
RIP
TWO GIRLS
USERNAME
NET MANIA
LOGIN
VULTURES
PASSWORD
INTRUDER
MENTOR
MAD GENERATION
HACK 101
FLY OR DIE
NETIZEN: AWAKENING
ChaRacTeRs EXtenSioN 0
BACK TO BLACK
HUMMINGBIRD
ERROR 504: GATEWAY TIMEOUT
GHOST
ERROR 503: TEMP SERVICE MAINTENANCE
LUNCH
ERROR 401: UNAUTHORIZED
ATTITUDE
SPYWARE
CRAZY FAN
DOUBLE MIX
OCR: OPTICAL CHARACTER RECOGNITION
EVIL MAID ATTACK
LETS EATS
RANDOM ACCESS MEMORIES
GONE GIRL
PAUSE
.BUG
LEE BUM MI ALL KILL
NEW MISSION
NIRVANA BLUE
SPIDER MAN
L REBOOT
GLITCHED
KITTY KAT
MOUSE TRAP
MALWARE
PLOT
REAL USER
BIRTHDAY
THE DARK
THE KNIGHT
ALIVE
.NONCE
VIRUS
TROJAN HORSE
PRETTY LITTLE IDOLE
#ERROR 400: BAD REQUEST
MINK
ATtriBUtiOn
ENGAGEMENT
PiXeL L
ZeRo-DaY I
ZeRo-DaY II
BaD MeMEs
101
HELP DESK
GaME STaRT
FiXxIT
#Error 500
INTERNAL AFFAIRS
#Error 404: AcEdia
IcON
WITNESS
BiTBLT
BLACK
PAUSE
DEADLOCK
WYSIWYG
SySteM ShuTdOwN

FLoPPY DiSks

41 12 4
Od AmariOkito

Seoul, Songpa-dong Hong Private Clinic

Seoul 3 years ago

"I'm scared, Sik Seok. I forget too many things. A few months ago, I forgot words, but now I don't remember my daughter's name. Without my memos, I can't live normally. I don't even recall what I had for breakfast this morning. Good lord, I don't even know if I took breakfast.

Seo Gwan Gi consulted his friend for the last nine months. At first, he complained about headaches and stuttering. But he wasn't stammering on words; the businessman forgot words he used daily.

When director Hong diagnosed the beginning of Alzheimer's, he reassured his friend, saying the symptoms could stagnate for years before drifting into active dementia.

Now nine months later, the CEO was between a stage 4/5.

"Have you told Sae Ha?"

"Not yet; I want Kyung Gi to come back first."

Seo Gwan Gi had a plan; he would get the board to vote Kyung Gi as his replacement.

Though Kyung Gi was a producer, he was also an accomplished businessman, holding Satelite would be a piece of cake for the man. He already took care of the European branch of Satellite, managing acts that topped charts in the rest of the world.

Seo Gwan Gi cherished his company and his employees, the only other person he trusted enough to ensure the safety of everyone's job and the company's prosperity was his son.

Things were going on in Satellite, he couldn't put it in words, but he felt some artists were hiding something. Gwan Gi needed an ally to verify all was well, and his son would investigate for him.

"Please don't tell anyone Sik Seok. I trust you. Don't let Baek Hyun know. Sometimes I get the impression he still holds a grudge for seeing me win the company from his cousin.

"Don't worry, even my son isn't aware of this. I still haven't told him about myself."

"How is your hearing?"

Director Hong suffered from hearing; it started a year after his son got married. At first, he wanted to tell Kwon Jin, and like Seo Gwan Gi, ask his son to take his lead in administrating the hospitals and clinics. His son made other plans, driven by dark ambitions. Kwon Jin joined Kang Baek Hyun in his race towards congress.

Power became his obsession; the man refused to be played by anyone again. Kwon Jin changed after his return from Europe. Director Hong knew better than anyone Kwon Jin's nature, yet he hoped his child would support him.

Seeing help was not possible; the older man learned to lip-read and sign in secret. This allowed him to think of other options.

There was also his daughter, Ga Eun was good, which was admirable but also her weakness. She needed more training, and to allow her to develop her abilities, director Hong was compelled to hold the position as long as possible.

Both men were reluctant to let their families in confidence about their health condition; they knew far too well what happened to empires with leaders suffering from illness. Greedy vultures rushed to grab the spot, leading to internal feuds and other outbursts.

Luckily the director no longer operated, but he consulted his hospital's VVIP's who needed absolute discretion. He wore new age hearing aids designed by InTech, which he placed in the ear canal entrance. No one could see them.

"I'm fine; hopefully, Ga Eun will marry in a year or two. I'll breathe then."

"Is she still waiting for -what's the boy's name again?"

"Jun Ho, Kang Jun Ho," repeated director Hong to his friend, "yes, she only wants that boy. It's frightening my daughter is bewitched."

"She has stiff competition. I don't know when but I recall my daughter saying something like he promised to marry her," Seo Gwan Gi said.

"It's weird you remember such an insignificant thing."

"I think so too, now you mention it. The boy is at least a decade older, isn't he?"

"Yes, he is ten years older than your Hye Mi, and he will be the father of my grandchildren by the time your daughter is of age to ponder about those things."

The two men laughed warm-heartedly.

"It's sad, though, how we deteriorate with age. I feel so lucky to be blessed with a beautiful wife and child."

"Gwan Gi, you have two children, and indeed your wife is beautiful; many still can't believe Sae Ha married you."

"Neither do I. I mean, I'm not handsome."

"But you have other qualities; you are a great friend and a man of honor."

"Thank you, dear friend," Seo Gwan Gi said as he got up to shake the director's hands.

The two men left the director's office, walking side by side to the hospital entrance missing Kwon Jin, who arrived from another wing. The man only saw the back of the two older men.

"Excuse me, wasn't that chairman Seo with my father?" Kwon Jin asked the receptionist.

"Yes, sir," the receptionist replied, imagining it was not a secret.

"Do you know why he was here for?"

"Oh, chairman Seo comes often."

"How often?" Kwon Jin asked, giving the receptionist a killer smile.

The smile was too broad for the receptionist, who wondered if she was doing right, answering his questions.

"Nevermind," Kwon Jin replied, realizing his error as he observed her reaction.

Seo Kwan Gi's visit intrigued him. The man was in good shape; there was no reason for him to visit their hospital, or was there?

"Abeoji," Kwon Jin said to his father, who was on his way back from the entrance.

"Oh, Kwon Jin, what brings you here? I thought you hated the smell of hospitals."

"I do. I was wondering if we could have lunch in Gangnam at Flores with candidate Kang."

"If my old friend wants to have lunch with me, he can call me. Why does he need to use my son as a messenger?"

"Abeoji, he needs your support people to trust you. You are one of the country's greatest doctors; you will win us some votes, don't make me beg, please."

"How is Hye Ra? Tell her to come and stay with us instead of staying alone."

"She is not alone, she has all the house employees attending to her, and I'm there."

"No, you are not. You are with candidate Kang Baek Hyun. She has already lost two children it's difficult for a woman-"

"Father, I didn't come for that!"

Director Hong knew it was the best his son could do when it came to asking for help.

Kwon Jin groveled at no one's feet; this unmeasurable assurance drew people towards him. Kang Baek Hyun was sharpening his personality into something the hospital director didn't like.

"I have things to do, maybe another day."

"Okay," Kwon Jin said, jaw stiffening and turning to leave.

He wouldn't beg, never, but he still had a question he turned once again.

"Abeoji, why was chairman Seo here?"

The old man, who was already on his way to his office, suddenly froze and turned to answer his son, "does a friend need a reason to visit?"

With that, the two men went on their way. Kwon Jin knew his father loved using paraboles and metaphors when avoiding a subject.

Kwon Jin looked back at the hospital before climbing in the jet-black Genesis G90 waiting for him, "don't forget abeoji. What's yours is mine," he murmured to himself.

Whatever information his father was holding back concerning Seo Kwan Gi, he would find out.

After a hard day filled with meetings tired, Kwon Jin returned home to find a wife he barely recognized. There was a psychical change that was obvious and a mental shift in which Kwon Jin was on the verge of discovering?

"Oh, Hye Ra, youー."

"Cut my hair, don't you like it?"

"You know I prefer women with long hair. It's more feminine," the man said as he loosened his tie.

"Do I seem to be less of a woman to you?"

"I didn't say that it's just hair is part of woman's charms. A man likes to contemplate a woman who is enticing andー."

"You don't find me attractive? I'm I no longer enticing, or was I ever anything else than a contract with Intech?"

Kwon turned to stare at his wife, trying to impose authority with his gaze.

He wondered where his obedient wife had gone and hoped her newfound tongue was temporary.

"Listen, Hye Ra, I've had a hard day. I'm not in for one of your little tantrums. I know you've been through a lot, and I'm trying my best, but please give me a break."

Hye Ra smiled.

"I'm sorry, honey, how indelicate of me you work so much how can I be so unthoughtful. I'll make myself as small as possible you won't have a reason to stress about me again.

For the first time, Kwon Jin distilled sarcasm in Hye Ra's tone of voice.

"Hye Ra, what is wrong with you?"

"Nothing, I'm just a woman who had a miscarriage and who sees her husband about 5 hours a week. Apart from that, I'm perfectly fine."

"I think you should book an appointment at the Hong Byeongwon. You need to talk to someone," Kwon Jin said and grasped Hye Ra by the shoulders.

Hye Ra chuckled," omo, Kwon Jin, do you think I'm crazy?"

"Miscarriages can cause psychological trauma," replied the man as though he was an expert on the subject.

"Oh, Kwon Jin, you are so not in faze. I don't need a Doctor. What I needed was a husband, but it doesn't matter, not anymore.

Hye Ra turned and headed to the kitchen with these words, where she served herself a glass of Bourbon, leaving Kwon Jin asking himself why his wife spoke in the past tense as if he were dead.

투 비 컨티뉴드>>>>To be continued

안녕하세요,

This chapter makes me sad for our grandad.

Seo Kwan Gi was not going to be able to defend himself. He was easy prey. When one has Alzheimer's, anyone can convince you of a reality, which isn't true. So you guys can imagine how the older man's police interrogation went.

The chapter is called FLoPPY DiSks because it's an old storage device that I think many of you haven't even seen in real life. Most readers are probably of the USB generation. I chose the name because of father Seo and father Hong, who are falling into old age.

Music:

100% BTS with DNA and the latest track MIC DROP.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

65.3K 3.4K 64
✅[COMPLETE]✅ Mature Content Include topics like death, sucide, angst, hatered, smut etc. -------------------------------- "No, it can't be, you can't...
2.4K 214 21
secrets are lurking behind every corner. Yoo-mi and Ji-yoo are siblings living in USA they both have a dark secrets with a tremble past they both are...
43K 1.5K 35
❛The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies..❜ ❛You how could you betray us like that-❜ ❛Your father snatched away my...
51.6K 2.1K 43
"Loving a demon could cost you your life, Are you ready?" "Love asks for sacrifice, and I am ready if its for you and you only!" How would it feel to...