he left

By hoe_seokie

❝you won't find me.❞ ©hoe-seokie | 2016 on-going » More

00.
01.
02.
03.
04.
05.
06.
07.
08.
09.
10.
11.
12.
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
40
41

39

2.9K 150 100
By hoe_seokie

yoongi and seulgi's wedding was indeed splendid. it was one of the greatest things i had the privilege to witness.

i could still remember how yoongi barked and yelled to go faster in hopes of arriving on time on his wedding day. it was fun seeing him so worked up and stressed just to make that day special for both him and his family.

but a few months prior that day, we found ourselves once again caught in a rush. but this time it was me barking and yelling for everybody to hurry the fuck up.

no, it is not my wedding. because as sad as it seems, jimin never said yes. well he never said no either. he just said....nothing. he became silent and kind hang up on me. and since then, i never brought up the topic marriage ever again, afraid that he might say no he next time i ask.

"where is your graduation cap?" seokjin frustratedly yelled. he seemed much stressed than i am. "jungkook, where the hell did you put it?" he wails, growing anxious by the second.

"hoseok hyung already has it, now c'mon, hyung!" i yelled, frustrated and panicking. we only have twenty minutes to get to school on time, where the graduation ceremony will be held.

my classmates have been flooding my inbox non-stop, texting me that in any moment the ceremony will be starting. i feel too pressured right now, grabbing seokjin's wrists and literally pulled him downstairs and into the van where everybody's already sitting.

"c'mon, let's go go go!" seulgi barked as soon as we settled inside. and namjoon didn't even need to be told twice as he sped off the driveway.

"– how much time do we have?" taehyung asks, his voice panicked and frustrated just as everybody is. became we kinda had a little celebration last night, which then turned into a disaster as everybody became drunk dead, resulting for all of us to wake up late this morning.

"sixteen minutes!" hoseok responded, earning curses from all of us. it takes thirty minutes to reach the school from our house.

"leave it all to me," namjoon smirks, before turning the gear in full speed. and in no time, we made it halfway to the school— and by halfway i meant, we almost made it if it weren't for the cops pulling us over for over speeding.

"damn it, namjoon!" seokjin, yelled. "now we only have five minutes!"

"i'm sorry!" namjoon frustratedly yelled back, his eyes glossy like he's close to tears.

everybody started cursing, including me. i couldn't be late to my graduation. i still have to give mu valedictorian speech. i just can't be late, moreover be held back for over speeding.

yoongi was passed out in the back, along with jooheon who's adorably napping on his chest. seulgi seemed just as stressed as everybody, and both taehyung and namjoon was so close to tears whilst hoseok tries to soothe his boyfriend.

"good morning, folks." the police officer greeted. "it appears you've went over the given speed limit–"

"we're late, officer. we're sorry! it's just that my brother's graduating and we kind need to be there exactly on time!" seokjin wailed, "please officer, we're sorry. we'll pay our fine, so can you please let us go for now?"

"graduation, eh?" the officer raised a brow. then his gaze landed on me, his face brightening with understanding as he smiles. "oh, congratulations, then. you may go but that doesn't mean you're off the hook, i'll get your plate number and i expect you to pay the fine later this day, alright?"

"— thank you officer." hoseok smiled.

"alright, off you go, and hurry!" he says.

and so we did. namjoon fastened his pace as he gripped on the wheels tighter. "one more minute!" seulgi announced, adding up to everybody's frustation.

in less than thirty seconds, we managed to arrive in the school premises. the door close at exactly ten o'clock so we all sprinted our way inside. and just as the guards are about to close the door, yoongi threw his shoe towards them, "don't close the door!" he yelled, finally awake and sober.

when we're finally inside, i immediately searched for my seat, easily spotting the empty chair beside jaebum. when his gaze caught mine, he immediately beckoned me closer, in which i did.

"what took you so long?" was the first words he tells me, "the ceremony started thirty minutes ago, thank gosh you arrived just before your speech." he says, and all i could manage to answer was a small thank you and good morning, too tired and exhausted from rushing and running.

i glanced to the side and i immediately spotted taehyung's newly dyed red hair. they all gave me thumbs up as they grinned from ear to ear. "goodluck," i read namjoon mouthed, making me smile as i mouthed thank you as well.

our dean talked about the many things he discovered and learned from our batch. he was basically praising us for being kick ass and cool, and everyone was more than glad he finds us that intriguing. his speech went on for a while, before it was finally mine.

with giddy legs and sweaty palms, i made my way up to the stage to give my valedictorian address. everybody clapped their hands in a way of respect, and all i could do was clear my throat and speculate over the many people that had been somehow part of my journey.

"h-hello," i started, my voice shaky and filled with evident nervousness. i took a deep breath, collected my thoughts and hoped for the best.

"in the last years, i've come to realise that nothing is ever a guarantee." i started off. "things come and go. it is the very essence of life. i understand it now— today we might seem fine and alright, but tomorrow we may not. it may seem that today's the end of the world for us, but it may be rainbows and sunshines the day after. but sometimes we focus solely on the future that we forget what we have now— the precious luxury unfold in front of us."

"things are never a hundred percent sure. which is why people fear the aftermaths." i paused and took yet another deep breath. "– one year ago i was stupid enough to think only of the future. i feared the aftermaths so much that it costed me someone very dear to me. i was scared to confess i loved him. i thought that if he knew, he might resent me. little did i know, he was waiting for those words all along. stupid, right?"

"he left and hid somewhere nobody could ever find nor recognise him. he ran away, and me being the whipped lover that i was, i went after him and tried to search for him. and in the process of searching, i met a really great set of friends. the same hyungs who taught me the value of today." at this, i turned to look at my hyungs' direction, a small smile playing on my lips. "they taught me that to love, sacrifices are meant to be made. and that in life, pain is essentially needed in order to give meaning and emphasis to every triumph and happy endings."

"– we're still eighteen. we're young, we are expected to be stupid. so why not make the most of it? instead of worrying about what tomorrow brings, why not focus on what's today. at this age, we are expected to be reckless, so treasure it. because let's face it, at this very moment, nobody's sure what we want to be tomorrow. we're confused, lost and still in the process of knowing what we really want. so i say fuck it. how about today we make mistakes? let's take the wrong train and get lost somewhere. go get a tattoo and then regret it afterwards, or maybe black out from excessive drinking and regret not knowing what happened yesterday. fall in love. like stupidly in love— as though you'd go for the ends of the world for them. so when tomorrow comes, we'll know where we went wrong. let's focus on today for yesterday and tomorrow are based solely on today. what happens today will be our yesterday tomorrow. we make our own memories, we dictate our life. and it is up to us how we live it. and i say why don't live it to the fullest. so when the time comes, we wouldn't have to regret the things we should've done yesterday, and instead we'll only have to reminisce the memories made out of it."

everybody roared in cheer as soon as i finished my speech. i could even hear hoseok's excited voice from up here, and i couldn't help but smile, felicity roaring through my entire being as i grinned triumphantly.

i didn't manage to get on time since, according to jaebum, the ceremony started thirty minutes before i could even get here. so i didn't get to parade my diploma as much as the others. and only took hold of it after the ceremony when our dean personally gave me my diploma.

"– congratulations, jungkook. you did well on your speech." he says, a proud grin on his lips.

"thank you sir," i bowed before excusing myself to go look for a certain someone.

i look from left to right, trying to decipher whom is who. i was pretty sure i told him what's today. to validate my thoughts, i reached for my phone and checked our conversations, and i grinned reading the last message i sent him last night.

my eyes caught the familiar shade of hazel, my eyes brightening as i grinned, excitedly running after him. "hyun—" i stopped mid-way, realising i had the wrong person. the guy looked confused for a second, and i immediately bowed and apologise. "oh, i'm sorry i thought you were someone." i tell him, my voice low and defeated.

they guy just smiled and bowed at me before going back to his business. i could only sigh in disappointment, checking my phone for any messages, and only to have my pout deepen to see my notifications empty.

maybe he's not coming?

i felt a light stab to my chest at the thought of that. but i tried understanding his situation. he's in a tough position right now. he's insecure and kinda puzzled with everything. he's still not ready.

i mean, how stupid could i be? he didn't even reply to my message. he never said he'd come. way to assume things on your own, jungkook. just fucking great. now you just caused a great heartache to yourself.

stupid me,

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.9K 260 7
🔞 It started out as a playful threat until it became a silent promise and an inner wish. * Now Published as a non-fanfiction on Kobo and Selar. Supp...
372K 13.5K 30
Jungkook is homophobic. Jimin is gay and has a crush on Jungkook. They're best friends. How are they going to solve that out? "I like you." "Ew, tha...
3.6K 129 12
You're a young girl, who's a little bit introverted and afraid to be under everybody's eyes. You only have your best friend, but it's ok for you. You...