Four Years (sequel to Promise...

By LucayaPromise

Lucas friar joins the army and leaves Maya alone in their New York City apartment. What will Maya do when she... More

Authors note
O n e
T w o
T h r e e
F o u r
ATTENTION! ATTENTION!
F i v e
S i x
S e v e n
E i g h t
N i n e
T e n
E l e v e n
T w e l v e
T h i r t e e n
F o u r t e e n
F i f t e e n
S i x t e e n
Authors note
S e v e n t e e n
E i g h t e e n
N i n e t e e n
T w e n t y
Do y'all want another chaper?
T w e n t y - o n e
T w e n t y - t w o
T w e n t y - t h r e e
T w e n t y - f o u r
T w e n t y - s i x
Stick around
T w e n t y - s e v e n
T w e n t y - e i g h t
The wedding - visuals
T w e n t y - n i n e
T h i r t y

T w e n t y - f i v e

1.7K 53 24
By LucayaPromise

Authors POV

"Riley you didn't have to hit her!" Maya said helping drunk Riley through the front door of her apartment.

"I DIDN'T HIT HER. I just knocked some sense into her."

"What happened?" Timothy asked.

"Aunt Riley assaulted your preschool teacher aka Dad's ex fiancé." Maya said setting Riley on the couch.

"I mean Amanda was probably asking for it to get The Queen of Sunshine and Rainbows to smack her." Timothy said high-fiving Riley.

"Did you get a dress?" Timothy asked pushing Riley towards Maya so she wouldn't fall.

"Yes, I'm picking it up tomorrow but I think I'm going alone next time because some people can't hold their liquor at a free bar." Maya said smiling at fidgety Riley.

"Haha Maya I just thought of a joke." Riley snickered breathlessly.

"Shh Riley not know, you're drunk go to sleep." Maya patted Riley's head softly.

"Wait I wanna hear the joke!" Timothy's eyes grew wide with excitement. "Tell us."

"What birds are most likely to fulfill their dreams?" Riley whispered.

"I don't know?" Timothy responded.

"Sea-goals." Riley laughed breathlessly with no sound coming out.

"Okay I think she's finally lost it." Maya tried to hold back a laugh.

"How many drinks did she have??" Riley said supporting Riley up with his feet.

"I don't even think she had a full glass."

"Do you think she'll fall asleep anytime soon?" Timothy asked watching Riley laugh to herself.

"Hopefully."

"No! I will not fall asleep. Hey! Let's have a pajama par-" Riley passed out in the middle of her sentence snoring with her head tilted back.

"Well that was easy." Timothy smiled but quickly frowned walking to the bathroom, "Those jelly beans did NOT settle well." He said closing the bathroom door.

Maya's POV

I covered Riley in a blanket and tiptoed to Timothy's room to find Lucas reading, "Hey you." I said leaning on the doorframe.

"Hey." He smiled setting his book down patting a spot next to him for me to sit. I laid next to him while his arms were wrapped around me, "You ready for next Saturday?" I asked turning my head to him.

He turned his head toward me and just smiled, "I Can't wait any longer." He replied bringing my hand to his lips and kissing it, "I love you."

I just smiled knowingly, "Thanks!" I turned around to walk to the living room but turned back to him and kissed his cheek, "I love you too. Now let's go get some extra sheets to make a bed on the couch." I smiled grabbing his hand walking out of Timothy's room.

***
Next Morning
8:30 am

The alarm on Lucas' phone went off and I grumbly turn it off. "What day is it?" I ask turning towards Lucas.
He doesn't respond so I kick him and watch as he slides off the couch. He jumps up quickly and decisively rolls into a ball across the room hitting the coffee table like some weird ninja, "Ow."

"What are you doing? Just get up." Maya said groggily, "What day is it?" She asked rubbing her eyes.

"I think it's Wednesday." He replied squinting at his phone, "It's almost 9am."

"Gosh it's too early. I'm going back to sleep." I yawned pulling the sheets over my head.

Lucas stood up and started walking towards the kitchen table, "Why is Riley sleeping on our living room floor?" Lucas asked pointing to a snoring, uncomfortable-looking brunette.

"She got drunk at the dress shop and she passed out on the couch." I explained, "but then I put her on the floor so we could sleep here." I smiled awkwardly, "I heard sleeping on the floor is good for your back.."

"Wait what?! Riley got drunk at a dress store?" Lucas questioned surprised.

"Yeah, they had free drinks and Riley didn't even have a full glass and was smacking people."

"Who did she hit?" Lucas asked wide-eyed.

"Uhhh"

"Maya?" Lucas crossed his arms raising his eyebrows.

"She uh-hit..." I had to think fast. Lucas can't know about the whole Amanda fiasco, "Some lady who insulted her." I lied.

"I never took Riley for a fighter." Lucas chuckled.

"Yeah...me either."

"Good morning y'all!" Katy said enthusiastically jumping around the room in athleisure wear.

Katy's voice startled Riley causing her to hit her head on the coffee table, "OW!"

"Mom what are you doing? And good morning Riley." Maya smiled tilting her head sideways looking at Riley.

"I'm going on a run to jumpstart my day! Wanna come with?" She asked stretching to her toes.

"No, I'm good.  Running isn't my thing. Or anything that makes me feel like I'm dying." I replied with exasperation.

"I'll go with you Katy! I just need to get some stretchy pants. Maya do you have any?" Riley asked walking to my bedroom.

"Do I have athletic clothing? NOPE." I slid off the couch staring at the bed I have to make, "I bet my mom does."

"I sure do! Check my suitcase and you can pick one out!" Katy hollered.

"OH MY GOSH YOU HAVE RAINBOW SHORTS!!" Riley squealed.

"Anyone want coffee?" Lucas asked.

"I'll take some." I said straightening out the couch.

"MORNING FAM!" Timothy said walking out the bathroom with his iPad and a blanket.

"Buddy were you in there all night?" Lucas asked laughing a bit.

"Yeah. I was watching the little mermaid and I slept in the bathtub so It was 3D kinda. I didn't turn the water on though.

"You are a strange little kid." Riley smiled squinting at Timothy.

Timothy scanned her rainbow athletic wear, "And you're a strange lady."

"Thanks!" Riley smiled.

"Ready To go, Riley?" Katy said slipping her shoes on.

"Yeah! Let's do this thing." Riley nodded leaving the apartment.

"Mom?" Timothy called.

"Yeah?" I said pushing the bed back in the couch.

"Can I go to the dinosaur convention today? Jackson and Lacey are going!"

"Uh sure, how much are tickets?" I asked grabbing the cup of warm coffee Lucas made.

"$200..." Timothy mumbled.

"I'm sorry-did you just say $200?" I said setting down my coffee cup, "Honey...we don't have that kind of money."

"But Lacey is going with Jackson...ALONE. I CANT LET THAT HAPPEN." He said hyperventilating, "Dad! Help me out here!!"

I turned toward Lucas who had a nervous look on his face, "I-uh-well-we-I"

"Lucas you are so lucky you have a cute face because right now you are no help." I rolled my eyes.

"PLEASE!!!" Timothy begged on his knees.

"Ok-look. Timothy, we don't just have $200 lying around. We have bills to pay and people to feed. I'm sorry kid." I felt awful letting him down.

"MOM! That's not fair!!!" He huffed.

"Dude, did you not hear me just now? My answer is no." I said firmly.

"PLEEEEAAAAAASSSSSEEEEE??" He begged again.

I crossed my arms and looked into his eyes, "Ok here's the deal, if you can come up with $200 by noon then you can go." I stood up and made my way to the bathroom.

Timothy's jaw dropped, "I DONT EVEN HAVE A JOB. How am I gonna do that?!"

"Woah you're right, you better start your job search if you're gonna get that $200." I said closing the bathroom door behind me. Man that was hard.

I looked at the clock hanging above the mirror and remembered I had to pick up my dress at the bridal shop. I quickly brushed my teeth and sprayed on dry shampoo because ain't nobody got time to take a shower. I ran to my bedroom taking off my pjs and grabbed some jeans and a tshirt, "Hey Lucas I'll be back, I gotta go get my dress but keep an eye on Timothy -I honestly don't know what child is gonna try and pull. GOOD LUCK!!" I smiled kissing his cheek.

I turned around but I felt a hand on my waist pulling me back towards his chest making me stand on my tippy toes, "I love you." He said putting a strand of hair out of my face. He kept staring at my lips and back at my eyes.

My breathe hitched, "You really know how to keep a girl wrapped around your finger don't you?"

"No, just you." He smiled kissing lips, gosh why am I so nervous? After awhile he letting go making me go back to standing on the souls of my feet. I walked backwards staring at him making me trip over my feet, "I'll-I'll see you later." I said playing with a strand of hair on the back of my head.

"Bye." He said waving.

"Bye." I said shut the door behind me. Why is my heart beating so fast? Why did you get so nervous, Maya?! STOP BEING SO WEIRD. It's just like we are back in high school, gosh he's cute...and sweet. YOU ARE BASICALLY MARRYING AN ANGEL. I'm such a lucky duck....

YALL IM SO SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN FOREVER. please forgive me y'all ♥️♥️♥️
Yours truly,
Amelie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.8K 1.1K 12
In which Maya's new roommate isn't quite who she expected. - #2 in lucaya
70.3K 1.6K 21
Maya and Lucas get paired up for a assignment... They will have to act like they are married and have kids Maya and Lucas don't get along, but what w...
23.7K 710 45
COMPLETED Lucas Friar finally gets home to New York after a year back in Texas. As soon as he is home, he meets the new girl. They tell him to stay a...
59.1K 1.7K 53
Sequel to my last book, Finally Part 1. This book will be about Maya going through her pregnancy with some twist and turns. Junior-Senior year. Insen...