Being Arthit & Kongpop. from...

By Kramdrof

Arthit had always been successful at everything he put his mind to. A good student, successful head hazer... More

Chapter 1. Hot Tuesdays and Black Shorts
Chapter 2. Table for Two and "Vibes"
Chapter 3. Coffee Shop and Advice
Chapter 4. Sweet Dreams and Wilted Flowers
Chapter 5, White Sheets and Strawberry Love
Chapter 6, Poets and Pink Cheeks
Chapter 7, United
Chapter 8, Bus Rides and Bonfires
Chapter 9, Facebook and Fairies
Chapter 10, Beers and Tears
Chapter, 11. Post Scripts and Toast
Chapter, 12 Envelopes and Hopes
Chapter, 13, Pointed Toes and Bedhead
Chapter, 14, Bikes and Better Days
Chapter, 15, Decisions and Mud
Chapter, 16, Americana Black and Senses Blind
Chapter, 17, Guard Dogs and New Suits
Chapter 18, Cracking Knuckles and Honey
Chapter 19, Dinner Guests and Sneezes
Chapter 20, Sponge Baths and Presidents
Chapter 21, Motorcycles and Muscle Men
Chapter 22, Pretty Pink and Hearts with Wings
Chapter 23, Taxi Advice and King Size Beds
Chapter 24, Biggest Tip and Sportsmanship
Chapter 25, Guitars and Moons
Epilogue

Chapter 26, Friends and Lovers

6K 258 523
By Kramdrof

....................

................

The door almost slammed shut.  When he turned back into the room,  his face was a dark red.  He looked mad.

"Kongpop!  How could you do that to me?"

"I'm sorry P',  are you angry?"

He growled and snarled and showed his teeth but,  held out his arm defeated.  From his hand hung the plastic bag,  its contents,  noodle boxes,  from Humm's Noodle House.

Kong backed away as if Arthit might throw it at him.  "I really am sorry P',  but I wanted noodles and nobody makes them better."  Kong held up his finger.   "At least you're dressed this time P'."

"P',  it's really just a snack,  I don't think you and I will have time to eat tonight,  there are too many guests."  Kong's vain attempt to change the subject wasn't going to work.

It was true,  Arthit was still wearing one of his sharp suits from work.  When he first got home,  instead of showering and changing,  he'd checked to see that the fridge full of beer and other cold items were indeed cold.  He also spent some time unpacking the big box of cocktail glasses that the rental company dropped off.

So, when Kong said he'd take care of dinner,  Arthit never thought for a second that he'd be facing that same delivery boy, and certainly not so soon after his last embarrassing encounter.

Arthit smiled at Kong,  he made his voice sound incredulous.  "And the little bugger made me pay this time."

Kong chuckled.  "Did you think he was going to buy our dinner for us again P'Arthit?  I think you have to show him your ass for that."

Kongpop was really asking for it,  and,  if they didn't have a houseful of guests arriving in an hour,  he surely would.

Arthit curved his lips into a clown-like version of a smile.  "Kongpop,  you will pay dearly for that remark."

.............................

.............

Even though she and Tan had only been there once,  he was relying on Dok's directions.  How she remembered was beyond his understanding.  

When they pulled into the underground,  they could see Knot's and Tat's motorcycles parked side by side.  Tat's looked so much smaller than Knot's.  They also recognised P'Tum and Fang's car.  It was parked only two spots away in the visitor parking.  All the spots were gone.  "Looks like a lot of the guests are already here."

Kong opened the door and with a big gleaming smile welcomed them in.  Prem, unlike the rest,  had never seen Arthit's and Kong's apartment,  but,  touring it would have to wait.  He and Wad were treated like the guests of honour and every eye in the room was on them.  Knot started it first,  he let go of Tat and started clapping, soon after the whole room was cheering the newly reunited couple.

Arthit came around the corner of the kitchen,  he had hired a couple of cocktail waiters and had been giving them drink orders for his guests.  

He walked straight to Prem and hugged him.  "Welcome my friend."  

Prem looked around the beautiful apartment,  there were flowers everywhere.  An arrangement on the dining table,  a large one in the corner where Arthit and Kong had a collection of trinkets on a shelf.  There were even flowers in big pots out on the patio walkway.  "Arthit,  don't ever let anyone say you don't know how to do it up right."  He grabbed both sides of Arthit's face and gave him a big kiss on the forehead.  "Thank You Arthit,  Thank You."

He hadn't even had a drink yet and Prem grabbed Wad and started to dance with him.  Kongpop was serving as DJ and had some sweet tunes playing.  While he was spinning Wad around he waved to his editor Calliope,  she interestingly enough,  was seated next to P'Dear on the sofa,  their foreheads were almost touching and they were lost in talk.

Tan saw his brother Nong'Tee,  and,  since Dok had gone off to find Praepalin,  he joined them,  he was on the balcony with Fuse.  They told Tan they had just taken the un-guided tour, since the balcony extended along in front of all the main rooms,  you could see the whole place without leaving the suspended walkway.  

There were people in every room,  even Arthit's and Kong's bedroom were open for the guests to mill about.  Dat,  Mali and their boys were there,  they found the two gears hanging exactly where Arthit had taken the photo,  the one he put on Facebook.  The knob of Arthit's bedside table.  Both girls let out a long squeaky, "Aww!"

............

..............

Mali pointed out to the boys the little wooden art mannequin,  "Why do you think this little guy has his hands tied behind his back?"  She pointed to a string that looked like a shoelace,  it was around the wrists of the wooden figure.

............

..........

Knot was sitting on a chair outside,  he had Tat on his lap and his arms around his tummy.  Tat was turning his head and leaning back.  He spoke with a huge smile into Knot's ear,  Knot chuckled and squeezed him.  They seemed to be in their own private world.

The single guys weren't all hanging together for a change.  Bright was talking with P'Tum and Fang,  they were standing behind the dining table,  Bright was shaking his skewered piece of fruit as he talked.

P'Fat was sitting across from Knot and Tat,  he was facing out toward the city and chatting with the new couple,  he whined like he often did.  "It's just not fair."

Tew and Oak stood in a circle with Dok and Praepalin.  The girls were obviously tight friends and prattled furiously. Oak sipped his beer and turned to Tew.  "I wonder how long we could stand here before they even notice us?"  Tew clinked his beer to Oak's.  "Why?  You're tired of me,  you want someone else to talk to?"  He bumped Oak's shoulder before they both decided to stroll the long balcony.  Neither had been there before and weren't about to wait for Arthit or Kong to show them.

The rarely seen faces of Jay and Namtarn were there too.  Kongpop made an effort to speak with them both,  his deep jealousy of her,  forgotten now that Arthit was securely his.  She winked at him.  "I don't know how you did it Nong'Kong,  Ai'Oon is a hard one to catch."  Kongpop didn't quite know what to say,  she clearly had no idea that she was,  at the time,  his biggest threat.

...............

.............

Kong was thrilled to be distracted by Tat,  he'd walked to Kong.  "P'Kongpop,  Knot is drinking beer,  would it be ok if I had some of your wine?  I really liked it last time I was here."

Kong excused himself from the couple.  "Come with me Nong."

A glassy ping sound was heard when Kong touched his glass to Tat's,  he was looking over the rim as he sipped.  "Nong'Tat,  I wanted to say how happy I am for you.  Our friend Knot has changed so much since he met you,  I've never seen him happier."  The boy blushed and looked up to Kong.  "P'Kong,  I love Knot so much, sometimes it scares me."

Kongpop put his arm around Tat's shoulders,  he looked across the room to the balcony.  Knot's eyes were on Tat, and, he was blinding Kong with his smile.  Kong remembered Arthit saying those exact words to him.  "Nong,  the trick is,  you have to remember that every day.  You have to tell him,  every day."

...........

.............

Tat took Kong's advice seriously,  he'd never failed him.  "I will P',  I promise."

Kongpop hugged him,  and, because he'd seen it with his own eyes,  it was no surprise when the hard sinew of Tat's arms crushed back in the embrace.  Kongpop shook his head as he watched Tat hurry back to Knot's lap,  the boy kissed Knot before he took his seat.

If Arthit hadn't been standing so close to the door,  he might never have heard the timid knock.  

When he opened it,  Aim got a huge hug.  "Aim,  May,  I'm so glad you made it,  I was starting to think you weren't coming."  

"Arthit,  I wouldn't miss a party of yours."  Aim smiled and bobbed his head over and around Arthit's shoulders.  "Where's Kong?"

Arthit pointed.  "Just go to the balcony and walk to the right,  he should be down there,  I think he's giving a mini-tour.  I'll keep your girlfriend company."  Arthit put his arm around May's shoulder.  "You don't mind hanging out with me May?"

.............

..............

Arthit signalled to one of the waiters.  "I think my friend here will have a,"  he looked at May and smiled, "a beer."  May laughed,  Arthit remembered that she liked beer and her nod to him made his smile even bigger.  When the waiter brought her drink,  Arthit tapped his can to hers just as the door knocked again.  He apologised to May and turned to open it.  "David,  P'Tomtom."

Because it was away from the office and,  this was a celebration,  Arthit hugged David too.  Tomtom got a wai and an offer of a cocktail, Arthit was again searching the room for a waiter.

There were plenty of introductions to do.  Some of the newer faces in the crowd didn't know each other and Arthit went busy at seeing everyone knew everyone.

The table of tasty delights was surrounded now,  David's boyfriend Tomtom was given the credit for that.  Arthit said it was his connections that made the exceptional food possible.  

Aim was standing beside Kong,  he was attending to the music for a minute.  Kong stood from the Bluetooth player and tilted his head.  Arthit was run off his feet,  the little social butterfly was taking care of everything.  Arthit saw Kong looking at him,  he mirrored the tilted head and stared back.  For a brief moment,  they were completely alone.

.............

..............

With her phone in her hand,  Dok hurried to Arthit's side,  she showed him the screen and he started for the apartment door.  He pulled it open and looked out,  these guests were complete strangers to him,  but being the perfect host he wanted to greet them as soon as they stepped off the elevator.  

Still being goofy and playing the fool with everyone,  Prem and Wad were on the balcony now,  talking with Knot and Tat.  They were discussing the view and, Knot was telling them how his and Tat's was in the opposite direction.  

"You have to come and visit us sometime too you guys."  Tat grabbed the top of Knot's arm and spoke into his ear.  Knot shrugged and nodded.  "Oh but I guess we should wait until I have some furniture."  He turned back to Tat and kissed him,  they both giggled.  This earned them another funny face from Prem.

Behind Prem and across the room,  Arthit was coming through the door with guests no one recognised,  all the turning heads lead Prem's to turn too.  "Wad,  come with me."  He held his hand to his chest and spoke to Knot.  "Sorry Knot I have to take Wad to meet some really important people."  Knot smiled.  "Of course."

Prem had tears in his eyes when he grabbed them both.  "Oh my God,  I can't believe you're here."  Maria was sure he was going to snap her neck, and,  Theo could hardly breathe,  Prem was crushing his face into his chest.  A third,  very handsome guests stood right behind them,  Prem could see him over the shoulder of Theo and Maria.  "This must be Anurak."

He wouldn't let go of them.  "I'll hug you too Anurak but I'm just not done with these two."  

He kissed Maria's cheek and rubbed the top of Theo's head.  "I'm not even going to ask how it is that you're here.  When he finally let them go,  both he and Wad turned their heads to see Dok,  she was smiling and watching their exchange.  Prem didn't know who to hug first,  he ran to Dok and squeezed her,  saying his thank you's into her ear and then hurried back to Anurak,  hugging him.  "You young man,  are very lucky to have my friend Theodolous as your friend.  Anurak smiled and spoke in Thai,  instead of the English that Prem had been speaking.  "Theo is more than just a friend,  he's my boyfriend."  Prem put his arm around him.  "Take care of him always Nong,  Theo is one of a kind."

Prem made sure that everyone there knew who these newest guests were,  he introduced them as his second family.  These were the people who lived on the opposite side of the planet and took care of him while he was away.  

They both,  Maria and Theo, stood absolutely stunned when the room full of strangers applauded them.  In no time at all, they were hauled in and mixed with the whole crowd.  Prem's English was better than all of his friends but everyone tried their best to talk to the Canadian guests.  

Dok was one of the first people to make herself known.  Theo hugged her like he'd known her his whole life.  They seemed to share a bond,  the two had worked so hard to get Prem back to Thailand,  and,  had it not been for Theo,  Dok would never have been able to set her whole plan in motion.

Calliope made her way to the circle with her mother and brother.  Prem and Wad were asking how they like Thailand so far.  

Theo laughed.  "Prem,  we just got here a couple of hours ago,  we've been in traffic the whole time,  all we've seen is the freeway."

Dok giggled.  "Sorry Prem,  I'm always helping you with your surprises,  I thought I try one out on you."

Prem asked Calliope.  "Were you in on this too?"  Cali smiled.  "Nope,  I let Dok take the reins on this one."  She was holding Dear's hand.  "My little Brother Theo told me he and mom were coming though,  but I already knew that."  

Prem furrowed his eyebrows and looked at her with a big question mark on his forehead.  

Theo held up his finger.  "Don't ask Prem."  Prem looked even more confused.

"I never told you this Prem in all the time you lived with me and my mom,  because I didn't want you to think I was weird or even crazy."

Prem leant towards him.  "What?  What?

Theo shrugged.  "Well, my sister Calliope,  hmm,  she can kinda see into the future and read minds,  that's why it's never any good to lie to her,  she knows what you're thinking before you do."

The whole guest list had been listening and watching closely the conversation and,  to Theo's shock, the whole room burst into laughter.  

He didn't get it,  and looked to Prem for an explanation.  

Before Prem could even open his mouth,  about nine voices rang out in perfect harmony.  "P'Dok reads minds too!"

.......................

................

Arthit's phone was sitting on a shelf in the kitchen,  he went to it and checked the time,  there were still four more guests.  These guests had been given a later arrival time than all the others,  it was part of Arthit's plan.

He knew they would be punctual and,  at exactly nine o'clock they knocked.  

Arthit hurried to find Kong and took his hand leading him to the door.  When he opened it,  there,  in a bewildering surprise, stood his mother and father,  even more baffling,  right behind them stood Arthit's parents.

Kongpop could hardly speak.

..............

............

After all the hugs,  kisses and introductions were made,  Arthit moved to the centre of the balcony,  he raised his voice and grabbed the attention of everyone there.  He asked his and Kong's parent's to take the spot,  centre,  front.

People came down from the hall and the other rooms,  the ones on the balcony stepped inside and crowded the core of the living room.  They were looking back at him and Kong,  the city behind them provided a sparkling backdrop.

"Firstly I'd like to thank everyone for coming,  Kongpop and I are very happy to have all of you here with us in our home."  He raised his beer.  "I want to toast my friends,  Prem and Wad,  we are all here to celebrate their reunion.  I know that you are all as happy for them as myself and Kongpop."

Everyone raised their glasses and cheered a blushing Prem and Wad.

"I would also like to welcome the many new faces to our group of friends."  

He smiled at Tat,  Dat and Mali,  Kit and Lek.  He turned and tipped his beer can at Maria,  Calliope,  Theo and Anurak.

"Many of you have never met my mother and father." Arthit pointed them out and they were charmed by the room full of smiles.  "Kongpop's parents are here too."  Again,  Arthit gestured at them and smiled.

He looked at Prem.  "Prem my friend,  Kongpop was the first on board when I told him that I wanted to have a party for you and celebrate."  

Arthit reached and took Kong's hand.  "But I'm afraid that I have brought all of you here on false pretences and I think it's about time that I came clean."

............

..............

He reached and took from Knot,  who was just beside him,  a box that was tied with a ribbon.  "In this box, Kongpop,  are all my confessions of love and my failed attempts at poetry.  You asked me to write you a letter ages ago.  I gave you one of the many I wrote,  but in here you will find the rest."  He handed the box to Kong.

Kong looked stunned,  he had no idea that Arthit's parents even knew about him.

They did know,  Arthit called his parents the day after Kong told him that his mother accepted their relationship.  Admittedly,  his own parents did not take it well,  but Arthit had always been stubborn,  and about this,  more than ever.  More,  Arthit was a boy who when he put his mind to something,  never failed.  He called his parents every week,  the first thing he would say:  "Are you ready to accept my love for Kongpop yet?"  For over a year they heard these words from him.

...........  

.............

It was his father first,  he told Arthit's mother that he missed and loved his son and,  he felt that this like many other things,  was something Arthit had decided and was sticking to firmly.  After some tears,  they agreed that their beautiful boy deserved to be happy and if loving someone named Kongpop was what it took,  they were fine with it.  When they finally,  only a week ago, called and told Arthit,  he cried.

He undid the ribbon and opened the box to see all the little scraps of paper.  Some were scratched out,  others had a big "X" marked across them completely.  He sifted through and was stunned to see that Arthit had tried so many times to find the words of love he wanted.

............

.............

Kong was blushing and his cheeks felt like they were on fire.  He didn't want to cry in front of all their friends but Arthit's gesture was so sweet,  his chest felt like it might cave in.  The tears came anyway.

"P'Arthit."  He hugged him and kissed the side of his neck.  "Thank You."

Arthit continued with his speech.  "Kongpop and I have been so lucky,  we have so many great friends and family."  He waved his hand in an arc,  it passed over them all.  "We have watched the lives of everyone we know,  grow and change, and I just wanted you all to know how much we appreciate your support.  I'm not sure where we'd be without all of you."

They were both looking at all the happy faces that were turned in their direction.

............

.............

"That's why I wanted all of you here tonight,  I wanted you to be here when I asked the most beautiful man I know,  to Marry Me."

As he spoke, Arthit reached in the bottom of the box of notes and pulled from it a ring.  Holding it between his two fingers he held it up to Kong.  

"I love you so much,  I can't imagine my life without you Kongpop,  please tell me that you'll marry me."

"Oh Yes, P'Arthit, Yes!"

Fini

FanFic by Kramdrof,  all rights reserved,  July 2017

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

75.1K 4K 18
No description Please read the story This is my first time, so please forgive my mistakes. I do not own the characters and the pictures used in the s...
69.5K 3.4K 22
🦁A successful CEO at 25, Kongpob Suthilak, has set his eyes on an innocent lad. Got so whipped, the second he met the cutie pie and is determined to...
Be The One By Blue💙

General Fiction

46.5K 3.1K 13
Arthit always finds himself in the most unexpected situations. Arthit is waiting to join University after a few months so he started working part tim...
35K 2.1K 11
The freshmen women have made a bet to be the first to kiss their fierce head hazer, P'Arthit. The betting pool has reached 8000 Baht and plenty of pe...