If only it was an Illusion!

By Aafrynn

"you're no one to me", his words echoed in my ears but what was it all when he kissed me; merely an illusion... More

If Only It was an Illusion !
Chapter 1 : Start
Chapter 2: Comforting the discomfort
Chapter 3 : Personal or Professional?
Chapter 4 : Everything Good
Chapter 5 : Fate and Co incidence.
Chapter 6 : Loosening the knots
Chapter 7 : Seduction Game Strong !
Chapter 8 : Pallapora town
Chapter 9 : Party Party Party!
Chapter 10 : Not the girlfriend!
Chapter 11 : Picture cross
Chapter 12 : Shoot!
Chapter 13 : Drama at the devil's house
Chapter 14 : garage?
Chapter 15 :someone help !
Chapter 16 : Bungle in the jungle
Chapter 17 : Developing affection.
Chapter 18 : Can the jungle end ?
Chapter 19 : Stop chasing us.
Chapter 20 : Don't give up eh
Chapter 21 : Safe and sound?
Chapter 22 : A part of the jigsaw
Chapter 23 : Back to office .
Chapter 24 : The presentation.
Chapter 25 : The hotel mess
Chapter 26 : Happy and GAY?
Chapter 27 : Losing control
Chapter 28 : the note ?
Chapter 29 : Oh no no !
Chapter 30 : Out and About
Chapter 31 : What the eff
Chapter 32 : Ouch
Chapter 33 : Garden
Chapter 34 : Masquerade ball.
Chapter 35 : race till terrace
Chapter 36 :The real truth is...
Chapter 37 : Stop dominating.
Chapter 38 : His mansion , my tension.
Chapter 39 : Meet and greet.
Chapter 40 : In the bathroom.
Chapter 41 : No way out.
Chapter 42 : uh oh uh
Chapter 43 : The digger, not the gold one.
Chapter 44 : Birthday surprises.
Chapter 45 : Another dance or maybe chance?
Chapter 46 : Knowing everything.
Chapter 47 : The confession
Chapter 49 : Keeping her on HOLD
Chapter 50 : Big Bang Party
Chapter 51 : With love, from James.
Chapter 52 : James plays Games.
Chapter 53 : Trick or Treat?
Chapter 54 : Found or Lost?
Chapter 55 : A beginning to an end.
Epilogue Part 1
Epilogue part 2
Whoring around Mr. Politician.
covers

Chapter 48 : An official 'date'

13.8K 580 64
By Aafrynn

Amanda's Pov

"I'm sorry I took so much of your time. You can continue your meeting. I'll leave for the time being. See you", I smiled from ear to ear.

He grabbed me by my wrists and pushed me towards him. My back touched his chest. He curled his hands around my stomach. His lips touched my ear lobe. He whispered slowly in my ears "You don't have to leave. Stay"

"You have a meeting, right?" I turned around, titled my chin to look towards him and placed my hands on his muscular torso. He smiled showing off his dimples on the either side of his cheeks. "And stop distracting me with your dimples", I continued.

He arched his brows. I bit my lower lip to avoid the intimacy in the situation. Everything around seemed slow, whenever he was around. My jaws hurt from smiling excessively. They say that cherry is the reward for the birthday girl/boy, because it's only one and specifically reserved. It seemed like he was that cherry in my life.

The emotions I encountered were different, very different. Maybe, because, he reciprocated them too, and this moment felt like everything I ever craved for since months, since years. "The cake was delicious"

He pulled me closer, I curled my hands around his neck and replied "Your l-li", he stammered. I exactly knew he meant to say that 'Your lips are more delicious', it was just the words because of which his tongue was struggling. I didn't expect him to go 0 to 10 real quick too.

His hands travelled through my back, creating a sensation in my body which made every ounce of my nerve to shiver. I wasn't scared. The worst thing about being happy is that you have no clue that how long will it last. I pulled away when the thought of James came across my mind. I didn't intend to speak about it with him yet because I knew that he'll grab me by my wrist and lock me in his mansion again.

"What's wrong?" he inquired.

"I-um- sorry... Nothing really", I assured.

"Do you want to hangout, for like coffee?" he arched his brows.

I pushed him close to me, through his collars "So I assume it's a date, isn't it?"

He chuckled knowing the fact that I was tricking him to say the actual word. He thought for a while and continued "I love your assumptions and I believe in them", his fingers side-parted the hair which rested on my forehead.

"Coming to the point again, a lot many people are waiting for you outside this conference room", I interrupted our little moment and brought ourselves back to reality. He removed his phone, dialed some number, allowed me to take a seat and took one next to me. I didn't know who he called, so I just waited for that person to arrive.

After minutes, the door reopened again. Dan marched in, along with Sonia. "I want you to go to each delegate and apologize to them for the delay. And also, convey the message that the same meeting will be continued tomorrow", Dan looked at us, grinned when he and Sonia made an eye contact with each other, replied an 'okay' and left the hall.

I knew that this story would be viral everywhere, especially in my group because I was very sure that Sonia would try to communicate with Francis and Gina as soon as she leaved this place. After gathering my hair into a ponytail, I examined him through cornered eyes. He was already watching me.

"My meeting can wait, and also anyone who comes in between", he winked. This man sure knew how to do romance. Every time, I thought that I knew him, this man came with a total different personality. After every consequent day, I'd unleash his new personality, and to be honest I was enjoying it.

I uplifted myself from my seat and waited for him to do the same. He matched steps with mine, as he buttoned his blazer from between. A shiver ran down my spine, when he laced his fingers with mine. I gasped as I moved my face towards his direction. I looked at our intertwined hands, and blushed.

We exited the conference hall. I watched people goggling at us. Some women said things to each other in their ears but turned around when Mr. Reynolds caught them staring at him. "You don't really have to do this", I loosened my grip from our intertwined fingers. He didn't do the same. It wasn't that I was ashamed of it but it's better to avoid gossips rather than instigate it.

"What do you do when you have a diamond?" he questioned.

"Flaunt it"

"That's what I'm doing right now", he halted for a moment. Damn, this was the best pick up line I have ever heard. I gasped when he faced me. I smiled and locked my fingers again with his. After reaching the parking area, he ordered the driver to leave. He took possession of the driver's seat after opening the door of the passenger's seat for me.

I latched the seatbelt, leaned towards his direction and questioned "What if I want to sit behind?" I purposely questioned, because I knew that it annoyed him.

"I wouldn't object to it"

"Okay, who is this man? Where is my Aaron? I need to awaken the Nancy Drew within me and go in search for my Aaron", I glided my fingers through his cheek, his jaw line and his chin. I enjoyed doing it.

He turned around, faced me, pushed his body in my direction, and replied "The words 'My Aaron' were only audible to me, that moment. I'm sorry, what were you saying?" he chuckled as he slowly pecked me on my lips. My heart raced in an uncontrollable speed since the confession. This was a complete different experience, and an utmost beautiful feeling ever. I now knew that why people write sonnets when they're in love because I could do the same.

He parked the car, and opened the door for me when he reached some Café. It'd been a while since I worked with him, but this was the first time when we intentionally came out over coffee. He pulled me closer as he placed his hand over my waist. I rested my hands on his shoulder.

We strolled at the footpath, and marched inside the Café. To my surprise, there was no one. "We've real good luck", I looked around the place. "This place used to be very crowded when I came with my friends"

"Happy birthday Ma'am", a man came close to me with a beautiful bouquet full of orchids. I took possession of the bouquet and placed it carefully on the nearest table.

Everything made sense, why the place was vacant or why the manager wished me. I raised my brows waiting for an answer. He kept silent for a while and later answered "It's our official first date. I wanted it to be better then best so I texted a friend to do the arrangements"

"You don't have any friends", I instinctively replied and then realized that I shouldn't have been this blunt. "I'm sorry Mr. Reynolds", I apologized.

He placed both of his hands on the either side of my shoulders and helped me take a seat. He pulled the chair closer to mine and sat right in front of me. "Hey, you don't have to be sorry for stating the facts. It's true that I don't have friends after James left. Dan did the arrangements", he rubbed my arms and continued "you need to stop calling me Mr. Reynolds. Aaron sounds way better from your lips"

"I've gained back the respect I lost for you. You know, it's really difficult to call you by your first name. You can try calling me Amanda too, for once. I have heard my name from your mouth for like 3 or 4 times—"

"Amanda"

"Can you say it again?"

"Amanda. Amanda. Amanda, that's like for the fifth, sixth and the seventh time", I grinned and looked at him. I stroked his chin with the back of my hands. The worker's of this place was no where visible so it was easier for us to have a gala time here.

He pulled my chair in his direction. Our laps touched. I didn't know how to initiate a conversation but I had to anyway. "Aaron umm", I cleared my throat, "Mom and Samarrah stopped by your mansion to meet up with me"

"Yeah, I called them", he interrupted.

I leaned closer to him and hugged him directly. My head rested in his chest and my hands were twisted around his back. This moment could last forever, and I would never complain about it. He pulled me closer. His hands were dug in the back of my hair. A tear passed through my cheek, and I was sure enough that it was soaked in his shirt. He rubbed my back slowly and helped me space out.

"I'm sorry", I looked in his eyes and hugged him again. I reached the state of tranquility whilst staying in his arms. He detached himself from me again, gently stroked away the tears which soaked in my cheeks. We were far away from the dining table. We moved the chairs as per our wish. He stood up from his place, and brought a glass of water from the nearest table. He propelled the glass in my direction and helped me drink through it. The least I wanted was my face to turn into a wreck on our very first date.

"She told me everything. Why didn't you tell me any of it earlier?" I interrogated.

"I wanted to, the very next day when I brought you to my mansion but I couldn't. When I had a meeting with your mom the following morning I brought you at my place, she requested me not to. I promised her that I wouldn't ever say a word. She was guilty enough. I didn't want you to encounter any pain. I thought that hating me would be easier for you as compared to your mom"

I hit him slowly on his chest "You don't get to make decisions, okay?" I breathed in, as it was difficult to speak whilst crying. I took a sip of water and continued "It was never easy for me to hate you. A part of me hated myself because of hating you. I'm so sorry"

"We were done with the sorry's, right?"

I nodded agreeing to him. He continued "I've done mistakes in the past too. A lot many mistakes actually. But, I'm not going to say sorry, not anymore. It has no relevance in any situation. It is the most overrated word ever because I can't go back in the past and undo my mistakes. But, I, with all my heart, assure you today that, keeping you safe, sound and loved will be my topmost priority"

I turned the corners of my mouth up, in an expression to show happiness. I leaned closer to him, as I uplifted myself from my chair. I parted my legs and rested myself on his thighs. I, without wasting any moment, placed my lips on his.

It was a basic, yet very sensual type of kiss. I sealed his lips in between my own. Our lips moved in synchronization with each other. He slowly sucked my bottom lip, and paved way inside. Our tongues collided with each other. We parted for some milliseconds and then continued doing the same. It didn't take much time for the kiss to grow passionate.

After distancing our lips from each other, he placed a soft kiss on my collar bone, by lowering my dress, and showing off my cleavage. He fixed his lips on my neck, and sucked it. I caught him from the back of his head. He placed soft kisses on my neck, collarbones, shoulder and on the upper part of my cleavage.

He panted when he pulled away. I didn't want it to end. Not now, not ever. I broke the distance in between our lips as I crashed mine with him again. I pulled away when I sensed a flashlight on my face. I sure knew that someone captured out little make-out session. I turned my head around, from left to right to encounter the person who did the same.

"We'll make sure that next time it's private", I blushed and combed my hair with my fingers which were kind of messy. I moved my hands in his hair and whispered "You look cute with this hairstyle", he chuckled and gathered his hair into a spike.

We turned the bell, settled ourselves decently on the table and ordered some breakfast along with coffee. I placed my head on his shoulder and waited for our order to be served. The waiter didn't show up for a while. Maybe, I was being selfish, but I decided to keep the fact of James calling me, away from him, for a while.

The waiter came with a tray full of delicacies in a short time. I didn't feel hungry. My hunger was satiated by him. I sipped my coffee and realized how perfect my life was, this moment. They say everything in life is temporary, regardless of happiness or sadness.

I watched him eat. I pecked him on his cheek when he made an eye contact with me "I love you so much", I smiled and rested my head on his shoulder again.

*******

Hi there. I'm sorry if I've been rushing since the last few chaps. I actually wanted to end it asap. Now, Ill cover all the parts as I actually planned.

Lots of love
Xo!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

266 98 6
Charlotte Love isn't magic and sparkles if the first example blows in your face. Aka, my parents' marriage. But that doesn't mean I don't have love i...
2.1M 68.8K 54
I pushed him with as much force as I could which made him stumble slightly but he succeeded in maintaining his balance and escaped from falling. That...
438 12 10
Madison My best friend and neighbor, Piper, is trying to arrange a blind date for me. I agree because she doesn't take no as an answer. But why won't...
5.1M 161K 49
"C- Can you move b- back a little?" My words made him smirk and if it's even possible, he came closer. Why do I always have to stuck between him and...