Where Were You

Galing kay senseizayn

After 12 years apart will life bring Camila and Lauren crashing together? Higit pa

Starting Over
Golden Treasures
Some Familiarity
Don't Look Back In Anger
The Cabello Family Way
Remembering A Stranger
The Woman Who Struggles
My Star
Two Hot Brunettes With Benefits
And She Returns
A Cry That Cannot Be Heard
Changing For The Better
The Keeper Of Hearts
Welcome Back Lauren Jauregui
Maybe It's Just Me
Listen To What You're Not Saying
Green Eyed Girl
Coach Who?
And She Was Spotted
Can't Blame Me, Can You?
Connect The Cabellos
Poisoned Name
Blanked And Shattered
Tomorrow, Tomorrow
You Too
Welcome To Dylan's New World
Don't Thank Me
I Always Think Of You
Slowly But Surely
Pieces To Be Complete
The Voice Of A Mother
Well, Congratulations
Moody Cabello Needs Some Thing
Points Underneath
For Dylan
The Hockey Moms
Musician vs Rock Star
It Kind Of Tickled
So Many Questions, So Little Answers
Stupid Yes, Asshole No
It Has To Mean Something
The Kiss That Never Ended
Grown Ups & Little Girl Crushes
Ready, Set, Chase
Ice Cream & Ch Ch Ch Changes
It's Her Time To Shine
Just Say Yes
Right On Target
Girls & Their Hockey
Morning Coffee
All In A Day, Part One
All In A Day, Part Two
Insert Foot Here
Snowflakes Aren't The Only Things Fallin
The Dawn Is Breaking
Collide
Feeling The Heartache
Room For The Cabellos?
Family Under Construction
Picture Perfect
My Place
Her Place
Dude's Got A Point
Sleepless In Camila's Bed
Lucas Learns, Lauren Teaches
The Great Detective Cabello
Ten Feet Off The Ground
Fluttered Heart
Surprised Is Served
Just Another Phone Call
Daddy Who?
When I Grow Up
Lady Killer
All That I'm Living For
Baby Packs A Punch
The Trouble With Love Is
Must Be
The Phone Call
Blanket of Security
Underneath The Cabello Household
Why So Awkward?
Just For A Moment
Lost Lovers, Forever Friends
Sleepy Head Jauregui
My Mom, My Piano Playing Hero
We Are Family
In Need Of A Cool Off
Troubled Teens
Tears of Self Deprecation
Last Day of the Year
Please Spare Me
I'm Yours Too
All I Ever Needed Was You
A Suite Night
Full House, Ace Is Low
Scribbled Note
Homeward Bound
I Don't Understand
Conspiracy
And They Called It Puppy Love
Feisty PreTeen
An Unexpected Decision
Love At First Sight
The Engraved Guitar
Collecting Attitude
Separation
Move Along
Girl Talk
The Missing Piece
On Location
Desktop Love
First Heartbreak
It Takes Time
One Step Closer
I'm Not Dreaming
Baby Steps to Healing
Exposed
Let's Get Down to Business
No Rest for the Insatiable
Wedding Countdown
You're It For Me
You Are Now Leaving Midtown

Camila, the Hero

6.6K 134 3
Galing kay senseizayn

Camila's PoV

The weather was starting to warm up fast and I had declared it was no longer safe for the girls to be playing near the docks or on the ice. Lucas pouted but had Dylan help her set up the nets on the driveway where they spent the majority of their free time when they weren't in school.

Lucas had found her art group to be fascinating and said as long as she had that to hang to, she could survive a whole summer without playing hockey. Her art mattered that much to her.

Dylan became quite the popular girl at school and had a birthday party to attend almost every other weekend. Of course she'd make sure her sister was invited because she still liked that feeling of being safe near Lucas.

Lauren had been busy with her work and lessons. She was informed that the school board would like her to be in charge of the school's year end performance and Lauren freaked for a while before she found herself getting into it more and more. She'd have Jaiden over where they'd go through different music that was appropriate enough to play at the school.

"It brings memories back of me and Sofi staying up late to go over different song choices." Lauren smiled a little as she sat at the breakfast bar, her hair up in a tight ponytail with a pair of loose old jeans and a tight tee.

I smiled and placed my coffee spoon in the sink before taking me seat beside her. "I bet you were happy."

"I was." Lauren bit her lip and glanced at me. "It's a total different happiness though, Camz."

"Oh I know." I nodded and kissed her cheek. "It's the same when I was on the road and playing in a new arena almost every night. The next team would be harder than the first and my adrenaline would be pumping hardcore but I lived for that feeling after everything else." I placed a hand on her lower back and peeked over her shoulder. "What is that?" I asked as she marked up an older piece of paper.

Lauren bit her lip and shrugged. "I kept all of the stuff Sofi and I didn't use on her albums. I figured we could incorporate these into our concert at the end of the school year."

"I wish I could've seen you work." I flopped down in the stool across from her. "No fair, you got to see my play and I didn't get to see you at work."

"Sure you did." Lauren gave me a slow shy smile. "That day when you found me playing piano at my parent's place." A sadness reached the end of her sentence but I could tell she swallowed it away. "I was playing then, writing something for you."

"Really?" I asked softly and grinned. "I totally made you lose concentration didn't I?"

"Well you did beg for Dirty Jauregui to come out and play." Lauren purred slightly and winked, going back to looking over old music sheets. "That was one of the best sexual experience I've ever had." She murmured with a slight blush.

"Reeeally?" I leaned over the counter to get her to look at me. "Wanna repeat that morning?"

Lauren raised an eyebrow and dropped her pen, cupping my face in her soft hands. "Time and place baby."

I giggled. I had come to the conclusion that giggling was no longer embarrassing when it occurred around Lauren. She found it adorable and it often earned me kisses.

"I'll keep that in mind." I nodded and sat back, taking a sip of my coffee. "So since it is P.D. Day, the girls are going to be heading over to Hadley's. What time are you off?"

"Oh um," Lauren scratched behind her neck laughing slightly. "I'm actually not going to work today."

I raised an eyebrow. "Just because the kids have no school doesn't mean you get to skip as well." I teased lightly.

"Come on, I never get to skip anymore!" Lauren pouted and she wasn't playing around. "Besides, they can't fire me. I'm the best person they have on that faculty that can do music."

"A little high on yourself?" I snickered and got up to rinse my coffee cup out. "Just don't let the girls think it's okay to skip work." I kissed the top of her head.

"Thank you." Lauren smirked and pulled me onto her lap, nuzzling my neck. "But the girls can still go to Hadley's and we can spend an entire day in bed..."

I bit my lip and shivered when her hands started to unbutton my shirt. Just before I allowed her hands to slip any further, I snapped out of it. "No!" I jumped off her lap and waved my finger in her direction. "I would love to but I'm meeting with Matthew and his case worker today."

"Oh." Lauren all of a sudden became serious as she pushed her music sheets away. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"I know!" I immediately felt horrible. "I've been fighting with this decision since it was brought up a few nights ago. I wasn't sure what the best approach would be." Lauren stood up and wrapped her arms around my waist. "I wasn't meaning to keep it a secret, I'm sorry."

"What time is the meeting?" She whispered, her fingers drawing circles on my back lightly.

"After lunch, around 1pm." I said softly.

"Let me get ready." Lauren kissed my cheek and I stopped her before she could race up the stairs. "Camz, I'm coming with you."

"You don't have too." I wasn't sure what kind of reaction that environment would do to her. It was hard for her to step into my work place without memories of Dylan being there without her.

"Is this meeting the final decision on whether or not we can foster him?" Lauren spoke calmly and evenly. Her green eyes showed a sense of determination and I knew she had won the decision. I silently nodded and so did she before prying herself away from my grasp gently and making her way up to the room to change.

Lauren emerged from upstairs in a simple suit. Her black slacks fit perfectly with a light blue buttoned up shirt. Her outfit complimented my grey slacks with a white buttoned up shirt. She had her hair down in loose waves with light make-up on. Walking past me silently, she grabbed her set of keys and looked at me expectantly.

"Lo, the meeting is in four hours." I said as I approached her.

"I know but we have to show we're responsible, right?" Lauren bit her lip and looked down at her keys slightly before her gaze caught mine. "So I'll go to work and attend the boring meetings until lunch, come see you and we can bring Matthew home," she grabbed my hand, "together."

Only that woman could knock the air out of my lungs with her sweet words and caring touch. "Okay," I simply nodded and brought her hand up to my lips, kissing her knuckles softly.

"Come on, I'm late as it is." Lauren managed to smile as we grabbed our purses and keys, shutting the door behind us.

Just as we stepped out onto the driveway, a white car pulled up.

"Tori's here!" Dylan smiled and helped Lucas put the nets and sticks back onto the grass area of the yard. The snow was still in patches but most of it had been melted away by the warm sun.

We watched the young brunette adult get out of the car and walked towards us. "Sorry I'm late," she apologized as she pushed her sunglasses on the top of her head.

"My fault!" Hadley grinned sheepishly as she helped the girls clean up quickly before we found the three of them surrounding us.

"Thank you for having the girls today." Lauren ran her fingers through Dylan's hair while smiling. "I'm sure Jaiden would've watched them if you were busy."

"Please," Tori waved her hand and ran her hand through her long brown hair, blinking away the bright sun, "I promised Hadley a play date anyway."

I caught Lucas and Hadley rolling their eyes with a smile. "Aunt Tori, we're a little old for you to be calling it a play date."

"Oh right, excuse me." Tori laughed and punched her niece's shoulder lightly. "She didn't like me being called a babysitter when she was five because she wasn't a baby anymore."

"Hey!" Hadley pouted, throwing her blonde curls around as she dragged her two friends towards the car.

"We'll pick them up before dinner." I offered.

"No hurry." The brunette grinned and placed her sunglasses back on her head. "I'll be here all weekend with Hadley so I'm sure she'll want them around as much as possible. I'm a boring Aunt, didn't you know?" She laughed. "Really, whenever you two are ready to pick them up just drop by. I can't guarantee they'll be ready though." She shrugged with a smile.

I've always like Tori, she seemed very level headed. I was a little more than shocked that Jaiden hadn't developed a crush on her.

Lauren had offered to drop me off at work even though it was a little more than five minutes out of her way. She kissed me softly before I hopped out of the car and watched her drive away.

"Morning Miss Cabello." Ryn grinned at me from her desk and handed me messages and a few files.

"Morning Ryn." I rolled my eyes and leaned against the front of her desk. "Sorry I'm late."

"It's okay. The conference call with the Board was cancelled anyway." Ryn shrugged.

"Isn't it always?" I muttered and grabbed a coffee mug from behind the desk while pouring myself another hot cup of the liquid caffeine. "Did you get those papers ready for later?"

Ryn's green eyes lit up as she flipped back her red hair and nodded. "I can't believe you two are going be bringing another child into your home."

"Yeah," I nodded, "Lauren is rather excited."

"The girls?" The redhead followed me back towards my office.

Lauren and I had told the girls of the potential of having Matthew live with us and they didn't bat an eyelash. Lucas said as long as Dylan wasn't going anywhere, she'd be happy either way. Dylan seemed a little more apprehensive and embarrassedly admitted that this boy would take attention away from her and Lucas.

We assured them otherwise.

"Excited." I answered honestly. "Luc is always welcoming but I think with her closeness with Dylan, I don't think she'll be as attached to this one."

"I read his background." Ryn sat on the corner of my desk, watching me tidy up the office a bit. "I think you guys will be doing him a huge favour."

"I know." I sighed and turned to face her. "I just know I can't do this with every broken child that comes through my office."

"We both know that," Ryn's face softened a bit, "but starting here and there helps you know? He can look back and say that your family changed his life. When he's older and people ask him about his childhood, he can talk about a wonderful couple that took him in, found him a perfect home and know it was because of your kind heart and generosity." She paused and glanced towards the pictures of Dylan and Lucas cluttering my office. "Just like Dylan. You made her feel loved even before you knew who her mother was. She was already looking at you like you were her biggest hero."

I bit my lip and picked up a picture of Dylan's first photo with us. She was so skinny and shy but looking happy as Lucas's arm was around her shoulder and she was settled between my legs. "You're right." I nodded and placed the frame back down.

"Thata girl!" Ryn cheered softly and made her way towards the door. "You're ten o'clock will be here soon. Did you want me to just send them in?"

And so my day began.

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

12.3K 382 10
Camila and Fifth Harmony have long separated and things are going well in their respective careers. Camila's career has skyrocketed after the release...
720K 12.7K 32
Camila and Lauren are just 2 girls in highschool. But when they are paired up for a project they will be forced to get to know each other. They turne...
259K 10K 29
You are dating two girls from Fifth Harmony. Can you guess who? Yes, the allusive Camren. You love both of the girls with a passion, and you don't ev...
130K 4.5K 26
It's been a few years now since Lauren asked Camila to marry her, Camila is now working in a hospital, doing long hour shifts, not often having time...