The Heir

By applepie234

Bianca doesn't know it yet, but she is the last descendant of her legendary family. When she meets the myster... More

Chapter 1 (The break-up)
Chapter 2 (About 30 versions)
Chapter 3 (Dark secrets)
Chapter 4 (Finn's Mansion)
Chapter 5 (Tell me your secret)
Chapter 6 (Kidnapped)
Chapter 7 (Vegas, baby!)
Chapter 8 (When there's a fight...)
Chapter 9 (Stitch him up)
Chapter 10 (Stuck)
Chapter 11 (Road trip)
Chapter 12 (Mystery man)
Chapter 13 (Doorway to heaven)
Chapter 14 (New boyfriend)
Chapter 15 (Just a prank)
Chapter 16 (Hero to the rescue)
Chapter 17 (Winter party)
Chapter 18 (Healed completely)
Chapter 19 (The picnic)
Chapter 20 (New years)
Chapter 21 (Double+1 date)
Chapter 22 (Behind the killings)
Chapter 23 (February the 14th)
Chapter 24 (Babies)
Chapter 25 (Skype'n)
Chapter 26 (Getting upset)
Chapter 28 (Confidential)
Chapter 29 (Your highness)
Chapter 30 (Die alone)
Chapter 31 (Honeybuns)
Chapter 32 (Something I gotta know)
Chapter 33 (Family reunion part 1)
Chapter 34 (Family reunion part 2)
Chapter 35 (Together at last)

Chapter 27 (The only chance)

176 0 0
By applepie234

Chapter 27

The next day at school, Sandra shoved a note in my hand and walked away quickly with Zack. I opened the crumbled piece of paper and read it in my head.

“Ryan is on a break with Sienna, this is the only chance.”

I sighed and dragged myself to the football court outside, knowing Ryan would be there. “Hey Ryan,” I cooed, walking up to him.

He scowled, “What do you want?”

“I’ve just realized that breaking up with you was the biggest mistake I’ve made in my life,” I said through gritted teeth, but keeping my voice as sweet as possible. I hate this. I hate Ryan.

“So you wanna get back together, huh?”

I wanted to roll my eyes, didn’t I just say that? But instead, I smiled sweetly and went to take his arm, swinging it back and forth, “Of course.”

“Fine, but I’m not doing this because I like you or anything, I just hate being single.”

“Whatever you want,” I acted even more disgusting now that out of the corner of my eye, Finn was walking towards us. I held Ryan’s sticky hand and interlocked our fingers together. God knows how many times I’m washing my hands tonight.

Finn was getting closer, so I turned us around and we hurried in the other direction, but it was no use because he quickly caught up to me and Ryan.

“Look Bianca, I’m sorry. And I really mean it.” Finn just looked at me with hope and guilt in his piercing blue eyes, “Please forgive me.”

I felt my heart breaking a little when he looked at me like that, but no, I couldn’t give up on Sandra’s plan. Not yet. “Excuse me,” I said pushing him away and dragging Ryan to my next class. I was clinging to him as if my life depended on it.

“Can you at least talk to me?” a low, pleading voice called from behind me. i instantly recognized it was Finn’s and walked faster.

Finn caught up to us again, this time he stood right in front of us, blocking our way. I looked up to give Ryan a sweet—not to mention—fake smile. Finn just stared and Ryan with anger and hatred in his eyes. I looked down at my shoes and hoped that none of the anger was directed to me as well.

In about 3 minutes of this, Finn eventually broke the awkward silence. First, he looked down at our hands, which were locked together. I even felt sweat on Ryan’s hand, he seems to be extra scared at this moment. Finn took a step back and eyed me thoughtfully. I quickly looked away, not daring to meet his gaze.

Finn turned around and walked away. I gave Ryan an apologetic smiled and said: “Sorry about that, he’s just upset.”

“He’s such a girl,” Ryan agreed, pulling his hand back from mine.

“Yeah, You’re way better that him,” I told him, but secretly laughing inside.

“That’s true.

On the next day of school, news spread that Finn and I were no longer together. It used to be just a rumor about an hour ago, but everyone was quickly convinced when Finn walked in the building after lunch with 3 girls by his side. Sienna, of course was one of them.

I was supposed to have more than half of my classes with Finn today, but he never showed up to any of them. So the only time I saw Finn was on my way to my last period class. He had a bunch of girls surrounding him, flirting like crazy. He flirted back to them as well.

There was something about Finn that wasn’t right. I didn’t know to explain but there was a major difference in when Finn was with me and how he is now. To everyone else Finn probably looked like the bad-boy player he is. But I knew him much better than that. It was almost as if he was.... dead on the inside. Like how his eyes never lit up when he laughed and his lips were pressed too tightly together when he smirked.

After the last period, I rushed out the door before everyone else and almost ran to my locker. Sandra had texted me during class and told me to go to her place for a “strategy” meeting after school ASAP.

As I passed by the student parking lot, it wasn’t hard to see Finn’s Porsche, parked in the most obvious space in the whole parking lot. He was lying down on the hood of his Porsche, a random girl on top of him, making out together. I stared at this scene for a moment and felt my heart breaking a little. I quickly turned and walked in the other direction before the other students got here.

I was sitting on the edge of Sandra’s bed, bouncing on it slightly.

“Hey, calm down,” Zack whispered soothingly. He was sitting beside me on the bed, while Sandra paced the length of her room, tapping her index finger on her chin in thought. “Aright, my first plan didn’t really work out, our subject was supposed to be depressed and suicidal, but instead, he went back his player mode….”

Zack slung an arm around my neck and pulled me closer to him so I could rest my head on his shoulder. He gave me a comforting grin and I smiled at his attempt at reassurance.

“You need to be more physical with Ryan,” Sandra continued, pointing at me. “You need to …. Um…. Intensify it.”

I hated her new plan already, “And by intensify, you mean…”

Sandra chuckled nervously, “You know, making out, in public.”

Zack must have noticed my horrified expression because he instantly piped up. “Sandra, maybe we should leave Finn and Bianca to work out their problems themselves,”

I nodded strenuously, “Yeah, that’s a great idea!” I mouthed “Thank you” to him and he shrugged modestly.

Sandra’s bottom lip jutted out, “Zacky-pooh!” she winked at him shyly, “Please?”

Zack squeezed his eyes shut, but quickly gave up after Sandra came closer and sneaked a quick kiss on his lips. “Fine! You can carry on with your plan, I won’t stop you.” Zack replied, raising his palms in surrender.

Sandra came to sit on the other side of me and clapped excitedly, “Okay Bianca, here’s what you need to keep in mind for tomorrow…..”

After lunch the next day, I was sitting on the bleachers of the foot ball field. Ryan and some of his stupid buddies were in the middle of an recreational game, since football season ended a couple of weeks ago.

Honestly, this is the last place where I want to be, but Sandra insisted that I come here and cheer Ryan on.

Ryan was running down the centre field when one of his friends from the other team caught up to him and tackled him to the ground.

I wanted to start laughing because he was a fail at football-- I don’t even know how he made it on the school team. Laughing at him publicly would just blow my cover, so I decided to give him a big encouraging hug when he walked up to the bleachers. “Good job! You’re a natural.”

Ryan raised an eyebrow at me and didn’t say anything. He didn’t need to. He started to lean down and I braced myself for the kiss. Ryan is the worst kisser in the world.

Suddenly, someone grabbed Ryan by the back of his varsity letterman jacket and shoved him away from me harshly. Ryan turned around and balled his fists, “Watch it, Wesley!”

“Bianca, what are you doing?” Finn asked softly, obviously calmed himself down already.

“Finn! Leave me alone!” I pretended to be mad, although I wanted to watch this show between them really badly.

“Bianca, I know what you’re trying to do, it won’t work on me.” Finn said as Ryan threw a punch at him. Finn easily leaned back and dodged it.

“I’m not trying to do anything!” I yelled, playing dumb. “Except trying to have some fun with my boyfriend!”

Finn clenched and unclenched his fist angrily. He closed his eyes for a moment, trying to calm himself down again.

“You already to have someone to call your own!” I continued, “So just leave me alone!”

Finn looked at me with sad guilt-ridden eyes before they turned icy, making them appear a more piercing blue than they already were. “I hope you’re happy now.” He said in an unusual tone.

“I am happy.” I lied, my gaze averting to the scuffs on the toe of my shoes.

Ryan threw another punch directly at Finn’s face, Finn blocked it with ease, grabbing Ryan’s fist in his hand. He balled his other hand into a fist and sent it into Ryan’s stomach. Ryan clutched his stomach in agony and fell to the floor.

I secretly egged Finn on, hoping he could give Ryan more of what he deserves, but unfortunately, Finn just stood there, staring at Ryan, who was squirming on the ground like a worm.

I rushed over to Ryan, pretending to be worried, I knelt down beside him, “Are you okay?”

He mumbled something inaudible.

I turned to look at Finn and started yelling at him half-heartedly, but the words came out as cold as ever. “Finn! What the hell was that for?”

“Don’t worry, I went easy on him,” Finn muttered.

“Just go away! I’ve already moved on!” I exploded, forcing tears out of my eyes, they are probably there because I was laughing too badly on the inside, but I put on a sad and worried face in front of Finn. “We are OVER!”

“Alright,” Finn said quietly, “if you want me out of your life that bad, I’ll leave.” Finn shoved his hands in his pockets and started walking away. He turned around briskly and said, “Hope you are honestly happy with Ryan, because I’m not going to grovel and beg for your forgiveness, if that’s what you were planning.” He spun back around and strode to the parking lot, without even sparing me one last glance.

I stayed where I was, watching him walked away like that. Now I feet actual tears rolling down my cheeks, dripping on my jacket.

Continue Reading