Synergy

By prisoncells

What they thought was a casual romance, turns out to be a much bigger scheme? Can the bands handle the outcom... More

Preface
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three
Twenty-Four
Twenty-Five
Twenty-Six
Twenty-Seven
Twenty-Eight
Twenty-Nine
Thirty
Thirty-One
Thirty-two
Thirty-three
Thirty-four
Thirty-five
Thirty-seven
Thirty-eight
Thirty-Nine
Forty
Forty-one
Forty-two
Fourty-three
Fourty-four
Forty-five
Forty-six
Forty-seven
Forty-eight
Forty-Nine
Fifty
Fifty-one
Fifty-two
Fifty-three
Fifty-Four
Fifty-five
Fifty-six
Fifty-seven
Fifty-Eight
Fifty-Nine
Sorry Sixty
Sixty-One
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Two
Sixty-Three
Sixty-four
Sixty-Five
Sixty-six
Sixty-seven
Sixty-eight
Sixty-Nine
Seventy
Seventy-One
Seventy-Two
Seventy-three
Seventy-four
Seventy-five
Seventy-six
Seventy-seven
Seventy-eight
Seventy-nine
Eighty
Eighty-one
Eighty-two
Eighty-Three
Eighty-four
Eighty-five
The End

Thritry-six

48 3 2
By prisoncells

"You know he loves you, right?

Alexa POV

"Yeah, Mom. Things are going great here. I am actually chilling outside of the studio getting ready to record." I inform my Mom, who is on the other side of the country.

"Awh, Alexa! I am so unbelievably proud of you! I can't wait to come visit in a few weeks and meet this boy you won't stop talking about." she gleamed.

I couldn't help but blush.

"Yeah, he is pretty special." I sighed.

Special isn't even the right word to describe Niall. He is unique. He is different. He is extraordinary, and I am beyond lucky to call him mine.

"Well, I could only imagine. I hope your days in California are sunny and bright, just like you. I love you, Alexa." She started to tear up on the other side of the phone.

"Mom, don't cry. I will see you soon. But I got to go, I love you." with that assurance, I hung up the phone before I started to cry.

Don't get me wrong. My family and I are in constant contact. It is just that I hardly ever see them. It is different when I am missing all my brothers' games and big events back at home, but they know I am proud of them. I am beyond excited to go home and see them though.

As I scroll through old family memories on my phone, the door to the studio bursts with such a zeal that it scares me.

"Harry! You scared the crap out of me." I huffed as I scooted myself off the ground and went to see what was wrong.

"Sorry." he growls.

"What is going on?" I exhale knowing he is going to erupt.

"We tried to make it work. Why in the world does it not sound right? In practice it did!" Harry puffed and covered his head with hands.

"Oooh. So this is about you and Ela's part?" I asked as I sat down right next to him.

"Yessss. I mean were you even there five minutes ago?" He snapped at me.

"Whoa whoa, calm down. No, I wasn't. I was out here on the phone, with my mom."

He closed and opened his mouth, searching for the right words.

"But if I can guess, I'm thinking Ela kinda blew up a bit?" I continued, smirking slightly.

He raised his eyebrows in response of suprise.

"Yes. How did you-" he started to ask but I interrupted him.

"It's Ela's pattern. If she doesn't get it at her first swing, she gets frustrated and blows up. Give her a couple minutes and she'll be fine." I patted him on the shoulder.

His shoulders relaxed slightly. " I worried about this for the past month. I thought everything would go smoothly, but now our voices don't even make sense together."

I understand what he is saying. When two voices don't blend, it creates this friction. It is almost like two soloists singing and not a pair. It is always the biggest issue when creating a song.

"Well, maybe you and Ela just weren't meant to sing together. I mean you know her voice is a lot different from yours. She has that dip in her voice when she sings.That doesn't mean you guys can't be together at all when singing. Maybe it's just the song." I guaranteed him.

"I know. Youre right. I just feel bad talking to her about it. I'm letting her down and it kills me. I hate putting more to worry about on her plate. She already has a ton going on." He fiddled with his hands apprehensively.

"Harry. You have already taken so much off her plate." I paused before cautiously continuing. "I don't know how much you know about her past, but you should know that it is a bit rocky. And if I'm being honest here, I might as well tell you that the girls and I were really worried about Ela a little bit ago. Before we knew you guys she was spiraling out of control, going back to her old ways. But you came along and brought her back to her senses. You've really helped Harry."

I watched as he soaked in every detail.

"I'm glad to hear that. I get worried about her a lot. She shuts herself off a good bit. It takes a decent amount for her to talk about it." He rubbed the back of his neck nervously.

"Alexa, what happened? In her past?"

I shuffled my feet nervously.

"I'm sorry Harry, but I think Ela should be the one to tell you."

He nodded his head slowly, casting his eyes downward. "I figured as much. Look, I'm sorry to bug you with this but

it's like you're the only one that knows how to make things better." he sighed.

"Your not bugging me Harry. Ela's my best friend. I get it."

He smiled over at me. "Well good. I know I can come to you then."

I smiled over at him before freezing at the voice interrupting our conversation.

"Oh, alright then." Ela stands in the doorway staring at Harry and I.

"I just was.. I was talking to Alexa." He shuffled his feet, an obvious sign when he is nervous.

"About what?" she monotony asked.

"He was just asking me about the song. Some of the lyrics weren't making sense to him and since I talked to Jazz about all the pairings, I helped him out a bit." I covered for Harry.

"Well Jazz is right inside." She gripped the door handle harder.

"Okay thanks. Actually, I should go talk to her anyways." I said, referring to our favorite expert producer.

"They want us inside." Ela replied,voice laced with venom.With that, she turned around and stormed away.

"Thanks for covering for me Alexa. You saved me. I just hope she's not too mad or gets the wrong idea."

I smiled slightly but quickly replaced it was a frown.

"Actually, don't be thanking me yet, because that was not the last of this. Believe me. Ela is still pissed."

Ela's POV

Of course. Of fucking course.

I go searching around the studio for nearly a half an hour and what is he doing? Canoodling outside with Alexa.

I am beyond pissed. First, we completely go into that studio, and everything goes wrong. Second, he disappears out of the studio without even talking to me about what just happened. And finally, I find him confiding in Alexa and not me, his girlfriend. On top of that, he had Alexa lie to me because he didn't know what to say.

The main reason I am so pissed is that Harry went to her. He does not come to me for problem solving. No, he goes to her, and that drives me up a wall.

I plop down on the red leather couch and completely block out Harry and Alexa entering the studio.

"Alright, we came up with a solution for this beginning verse." Melinda stated.

"As you know, Harry and Ela have very dissimilar voices which doesn't seem to go in this song. To fix this problem, we are switching Ela with Alexa." Melinda drops the bomb.

Are you fucking kidding me? Not only did Harry reveal all his problems to her. He now is singing our verse with her.

"We will now be moving Ela to sing with Niall. I have already talked this over with him, and everything seems to be good." Melinda clapped. "Shall we begin?"

I raise my eyebrow over at Jazz. I trusted her with pretty much everything. She wasn't only our producer, but she was a good friend too.

"Sorry El. Let's give this a try and see what happens?" She shrugged her shoulder, giving me a half smile.

I sighed in frustration.

I watched Harry and Alexa saunter into the studio together. A feeling in my stomach clenched together, jealousy.

I was jealous of Harry's relationship with her and now all this. At this point, I wish Harry and I could forget the song and just snuggle all day at home.

After practicing it a few times, Harry and Alexa started to sing. As hard as it was for me to admit, they sounded great together. That was one thing I wasn't able to deny. However, I could only listen to so much of it before getting angry with the situation again.

"You alright, Ela?" Niall squashed down next to me with a bag of chips.

"Niall, how are you not upset with this?" I growled.

"With what?" he smiled.

"Harry and Alexa singing together?" I was clearly annoyed with his obliviousness.

"I know that their voices fit for this song. Alexa and I have been cool with whatever happens from the start." he says while stuffing his face.

"Really?"

"Ela, you know he loves you right?"

"Loves me?" I wouldn't take it as far as love.

"Yes, Ela. He is so distraught about this song. Probably more than you."

"I don't think that is possible." I shake my head in disbelief.

"You need to trust me on this matter. Believe me, I know Harry. But it's whatever you believe! I am going to grab more chips!" Niall jumped away like a happy child.

I silently processed Niall's words as I stared at Harry and Alexa finishing up their new part.

Loves me? Bullshit.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

713 11 13
I'm redoing this on wattpad I'm new:) xx Please vote, comment, follow and add!! It lets me know to keep posting!! xx. Lucy and Niall are going stron...
43.9K 613 25
SEXUAL PLEASE BE ADVISE He thinks it was a harmless little lie, but what happens when his little white lie gets out.
562 29 17
Louis Tomlinson isn't really a relationship kind of guy, casual hook ups work fine for him, that is until Harry Styles stumbles into his life and tur...
22.2K 204 18
When Harry gets accepted into the biggest boyband, One Direction, he has a great opportunity. But when he starts to fall in love with a certain band...