Hayden

By PreciousT_

"Get your hands off me!" I yelled in his face. He had a firm grip on my arm and being the woman that I was, I... More

Red.
Indigo.
Blue-Green.
Magenta.
Orange.
Grey.
Beige.
Burgundy.
Navy Blue.
Turquoise.
Purple.
Pink.
Teal.
•Clarifying Chapter•
Green.
Olive Green.
ALANA.
Brown.
Silver, part 1.
Silver, part 2.
Baby Blue.
Ivory.
White, part 1.
White, part 2.
White, part 3.
Lavender.
Not an update.
Cream.
Red (again).
Lilac.
Periwinkle.
Charcoal.
Sky Blue.
Epilogue| Gold.
Bonus Chapter.
The Switch Up

Yellow.

8.8K 348 56
By PreciousT_

1 Week Later...

"Armani are you dressed yet or no?" I asked while examining myself in the full length mirror. We were at my house getting ready to go to Club Allure.

I lived in a little three bedroom condo on the Upper West Side of Manhattan and I took pride in that shit. My house was my baby so it had to be treated with care. Justice lived with me and it was gonna get lonely when he went off to college next year.

"Almost. I can't put my heels on," Armani said, hopping into my room and plopping down on my bed.

I shook my head as I smoothed down my hair. I wore an all black Versace dress that stopped mid thigh. It hugged my body and fit like a second skin. My ass looked bigger than it already was. My hair was bone straight and my makeup was light. My lipstick was a dark red that I was in love with. My shoes were black ankle strap heels that gave my 5'4 height a little more inches. I completed the outfit with silver hoops and a diamond bracelet.

"Can you stop admiring yourself and help me? Shit," Armani said to me.

I looked at her just to roll my eyes. "Give me ya foot."

Armani smiled as she lifted up her shaved leg. I strapped on her heel and dropped her foot.

"Pigeon toed," I mumbled.

"I'm not pigeon toed," She said back with a laugh that caused me to laugh.

"You sure you allowed out the house like that?" Armani had on a strapless nude dress and heels. Her hair was pulled back into a sleek ponytail and her makeup was light.

Armani waved me off. "Child, I'm grown. Who the fuck is he to tell me what to wear?"

"Your husband bitch."

"Listen, he should appreciate me loving the way I look and wanting to show it off," she responded, grabbing her clutch.

"I hear you," I said, reaching for mine.

We walked out my room and down the hall to Justice's room. I knocked on his door so he could know I was coming in. I then opened it when he told me to come in.

"Me and Armani going out. Don't stay up too late little boy," I said to him.

Justice sucked his teeth. "I'm grown."

"You pay bills?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

That shit put him on mute.

"Oh okay. Like I said, don't be up too late. And don't be having no little girls in my house while I'm gone."

"Hayden, you ain't gotta worry about that. I'm responsible and Aaliyah would kill me if I had somebody other than her in here," Justice said with a sigh.

I know I may have been overreacting a little bit but that was my little brother. He was the only brother I had and I didn't want anything to happen to him. When I was away from him, I always assumed the worse so of course I was a little overprotective.

"I know. Just be careful and call me if you need something," I replied.

"I will." Justice got up and gave me a hug and that made me feel more better.

After leaving his room, I grabbed the keys to my silver Audi A6 and left the house. Me and Armani got in the car and I drove off.

***

When Armani and I got to the club, it was a lot of people there. The Dj was playing Drake's Fake Love.

I've been down so long,

It look like up to me,

I got fake people showing fake love to me,

Straight up to my face, straight up to my face,

I nodded my head to the music as I wandered over to the bar with Armani. I ordered some Patrón while Armani ordered a Long Island Iced Tea.

I felt my phone vibrate in my clutch and I took it out. Javon texted me. I threw back my drink and ordered another as I watched Armani dance.

Big Head: Where y'all at?

Me: In the club already.

Big Head: A'ight. Me & Sin pullin' up.

I didn't reply. I just left him on read and sipped my drink. After finishing, I got up to dance with Armani. My song, Do it like that, came on and I couldn't help myself.

My hips swayed to the beat. I did a little slow whine in the space I was in as I let the music run through me. I believe Armani was dancing with somebody, but I wasn't really paying attention to her. I was just feeling the music.

After a few more songs, we sat down and took a break.

"I'm hot," Armani said, fanning herself.

"Your heavy ass hand not making the situation any easier," I told her.

Armani flipped me off as she drunk her Mimosa.

"Where the fuck Sin and Javon at?" Armani said with a sigh. I know the liquor was getting to her a little bit. She couldn't hold her liquor for shit, but that ain't stop her from throwing her drinks back.

"I'm right here babe," We heard behind us. Looking back, it was Javon and Sincere. Sincere wore Robin jeans with a Bape shirt and sneakers. On his head was a dad hat. His arms were covered in tattoos and so was his neck. Javon had on G Star jeans, a black shirt, and sneakers. He wore his black Hermes belt to add onto the look.

"Where you been? You took forever," Armani said in a whiny voice. She reached up to pull Sincere's head down as she gave him a kiss. Me and Javon just glanced at each other before I went back to sipping my drink.

"I got held up helping Javon dumb ass," Sincere said.

Javon just sucked his teeth. Waitresses came by and asked if they wanted anything to drink. They both wanted bottles of Hennessy. That was no surprise though.

The waitress eventually brought back the bottles, but she was eyeballing the hell outta Sincere. Armani noticed it and I know she ain't like that shit.

"Will that be all?" The waitress asked, leaning over while showing her breasts a little.

"Yeah, he good," Armani said, speaking for her husband.

I just laughed at what she did. I hated bitches like that. You see them all hugged up, kissing and shit. But, for some reason, you gonna ignore that and try to openly flirt with him.

"Excuse me? What's the joke?" The waitress asked.

I grabbed my drink as I looked at this bitch. "You."

"You better sip ya little drink before I mop the floor wit yo ass," she said with an attitude.

I just laughed at her words. That bitch might've had an attitude, but her shit was nothing compared to mine. She ain't wanna go down this road.

"Here we go with the laughing shit again," she said.

I took a sip of my drink again before setting it down. Glancing up to read her name tag, I saw that it said Melanie.

"Hayden, relax," Javon said. He already knew what it was hittin' for.

I just ignored what he said because I wasn't tryna hear nothing. "Melanie sweetie, go on 'bout ya business. This not a problem you tryna deal wit," I told her, giving her a warning.

"Hayden," I heard Armani say. Her face looked worried. She knew I could handle myself but with her being the level headed one, she always tried to diffuse the situation. Everybody always tried to diffuse the situation. Everybody but me.

"And what if I want the problem?" Melanie came over to where I was sitting and stood in front of me so I got up to stand at eye level with her. She then put her finger in my face.

She fucked up when she first asked me why I laughed. Then, she had the nerve to come to me while I was sitting down and stood over me like I was supposed to be scared. This bitch don't have no authority.

I grabbed the collar of her shirt and punched her right in her mouth. The bitch tried to hit me back but to no avail. She was sliding in her heels as I continued to punch her wherever my hands would allow.

"Always.. bitches.. like you... tryna come.. for me!"

Melanie's legs raised as she tried to kick me, but she couldn't. All she was doing was showing everybody what was under her skimpy ass black leather skirt.

I felt a pair of arms lift me off her. "Let me go! Fuck this bitch!"

I was squirming in Javon's arms, begging him to let me go so I could hit her ass again. The most annoying thing in the world was when you really wanted to put your hands on somebody, but someone was holding you back from your target.

I could see people coming around to help Melanie off the ground.

"Javon let me hit her again man!"

"Hayden, chill the fuck out!" He yelled at me once he took me outside the club.

That made me still my movements and stop squirming. He set me down on the pavement. I folded my arms before looking down at my heels. I couldn't face him for whatever reason.

"Yo, look at me," Javon said.

I didn't do what he said. Who the fuck was he supposed to be anyways?

"Oh so I'm talking to a fuckin' brick wall? Look at me," Javon said again.

Being the stubborn and hard headed person that I was, I still kept my head down. I felt Javon pull me to him and touch my chin. He lifted it up so that I was looking at him, despite me not wanting to.

"Look, I'm sorry for yelling," he started.

I continued to stare at him.

"But, you need to calm down.

I opened my mouth to speak. "I am c-"

"Don't you dare say you calm either. You forgot I know you?"

I rolled my eyes and blushed a little. Something I wasn't used to.

"That's what I like to see. You too beautiful to be out here fighting baby girl. I told you this the other night," Javon said.

"I know. I try, but people always testing me. Tryna make it seem like I'm weak or beneath them," I confessed.

"And you know you above them so why the fuck you let that shit bother you?"

I didn't respond. I just shut my mouth as I thought about his question.

"Let's go find Sin and Armani so we could get out of here."

I agreed. Javon put his hand on the small part of my back as we walked to the club. On the way, we were stopped by London and Alana stupid asses. God was playing. He was up there in Heaven just looking down at me with his binoculars. He basically said fuck the pep talk Javon gave. Let's throw another challenge at Hayden.

"Hey Javon," London said to him.

Javon nodded his head at her.

"Oh so you gonna act like that because Hayden here?" London asked with an angry look on her face.

"Nobody acting like nothing," he said.

"Where Sin?" Alana asked.

I just rolled my eyes at these bitches. They were pathetic. "He with his wife."

"Was anybody talking to you?" London asked me.

"Bitch, I wish you weren't talking to me now," I said while waving my hand to clear the air.

"Don't try to play me," London said.

"Nobody playing," I responded. My body got stiff under Javon's hand. I was ready for another fight, I swear I was.

"London, take Lana and go," Javon told them.

London smirked at me and grabbed Alana's hand. "Let's go Lana. We'll see this bitch later."

I was ready to hit them.

"Imma call Sin," Javon said. I just nodded my head as I watched London and Alana walk inside the club. I really hoped that Armani was sober enough to beat one of them up.

Javon pulled out his iPhone 7 plus and dialed Sincere's number. He put the phone on speaker as he pulled down my dress. It was sliding up a little.

The phone went to voicemail before Javon called one more time. It went to voicemail again.

"Let's go look inside. They probably can't hear over the music," I suggested.

We went inside and scanned the club. It looked like it got more crowded than earlier so it was kinda harder. Javon and I made our way over to the bathrooms. They were located down a hallway. As we approached the bathrooms, the music became quieter and moaning could be heard.

"Sincere!" I heard as I walked closer. That was definitely Armani.

"Say my name baby." We heard Sincere say.

"Think we should text them and go back outside?" I asked.

Javon nodded his head and held my hand as we navigated through the crowd. We made it back outside where I texted Armani and told her to meet us outside.

"You okay?" Javon asked when we got outside the club again. We slowly walked over to my car.

"I'm good." I was tired now and my fist was starting to throb a little. I think I knocked that bitch tooth out or punched her in the mouth. I shook my hand a little as I investigated my skin that was now red.

"Your hand hurt?" Javon asked. He lifted my hand and I made a face.

"Ow," I said in pain.

"See where fighting get you?"

I rolled my eyes at him. I ain't wanna hear that shit.

"You need some ice," he told me.

"I'm fine," I insisted as I snatched my hand back. That was a bad idea because my hand just throbbed a little more.

"Imma take you to the hospital. You could've broken it."

"Javon, I'm good my nigga," I said with the roll of my eyes.

Javon squeezed my hand a little and I wanted to murder him right then and there. It hurt so bad and I know my face showed it.

"Let's go," he said, getting my keys from my clutch.

"What about Sincere and Armani?" I asked.

"We right here. What happened?" Sincere said as he and Armani approached us. Armani looked freshly fucked and Sincere looked happy as hell.

"Hayden probably broke her hand or sprained it. I think she should go to the hospital so I'm taking her. You take my car," Javon told Sincere, giving him his keys.

"I'll drive her," Armani said.

"Bitch, you drunk. You ain't driving me to nobody's hospital," I spoke up.

"Just follow us to the hospital. I'll drive Hayden's car and you drive my car," Javon said.

Sincere agreed and took Armani to Javon's car. Javon held open the passenger door for me.

"What a gentleman," I said.

"Shut up," he mumbled before closing the door.

Javon got into the car and started it up. He backed out the parking lot and made sure Sincere was following him.

***

I got home from the hospital around three in the morning. Javon drove Sincere and Armani home after dropping me off at my house.

I dropped my keys on the end table and undid the strap on my heels. Walking barefoot on my wood floors, I walked down the hall to Justice's room. His door was cracked open. Peeking inside, I saw that he was playing 2k.

"Boy, I told you don't stay up too late," I said with my arms folded.

"Chill. It's only ten o' clock," Justice replied.

I raised my eyebrow. "Boy, that was about five hours ago. It's like three o'clock in the morning."

"Oh shit, forreal?" Justice asked, looking at his phone screen.

"You wouldn't know 'cause of that damn game."

"I'm about to sleep after this game finish. I got one more quarter left," he said.

"Alright. All I know is that you better not be late to school tomorrow."

"What happened to your hand?" Justice asked, observing the bandage wrapped around my arm.

"I sprained it," I responded.

"Who you punched?"

"Some waitress at the club."

Justice just shook his head at me. That made me feel younger than my actual age. I felt like I was the eighteen year old while Justice was the twenty-five year old.

"I'm going to sleep. Good night Justice. I love you," I told him.

"I love you too. Good night." His eyes never left that damn game. I felt like unplugging it, but he would probably disown me as he big sister. Especially since he was winning by about twenty points.

I shut his door and went to my room. I took me a quick shower before getting into bed. As soon as I was about to shut my eyes, my phone rang.

I picked up my phone to see that it was Javon. He was facetiming me.

"Hey."

"Wassup? How you feeling?" He asked.

"Good. I just need some sleep," I replied.

"Oh. Imma let you sleep then. What you doing tomorrow though?"

I briefly thought about what I had to do. "I'm gonna go get my nails and feet done with Armani. After that, I might just stop by the bakery to help with the dough preparation."

My loyal workers, Latanya and Jeremy, were set to work tomorrow, but would be leaving some time in the afternoon. Afterwards, my other employees would come to work the rest of the shifts. Being that I was the owner, I made sure that I came in whenever possible to check on things or help with the makings of the pastries. I wasn't certified for no reason.

"What time you gonna be finished at the bakery?"

"Why you asking me some many questions?" I asked.

"Why you answering my question with another question?" He retorted.

"Because I wanna know why you asking. Is there something you want or need?"

"Maybe. Maybe not," he said with a smirk on his face.

"Good night Javon," I said with annoyance.

Javon blew me a kiss before hanging up the phone. I shook my head and put my phone down on the nightstand.

***

"So how you feel about Javon?" Armani asked as we sat down getting our feet done.

I made a face. "What you mean?"

"What you mean what I mean? You feeling him or no?"

I sat in the chair thinking about Javon. He was really attractive for starters. In addition to that, he was smart. He had his own businesses and had money. Not only that, but he actually knew me. Out of the four years I've known him, we've gotten close but it never went any further than cuddling. I was used to dating but I haven't been in a relationship in several years. I didn't deserve one.

"No," I told her.

"You took about five minutes just to say no. I know you like him but you're too scared to admit it. That's okay though because we gon' break you out that little shell you in real soon," Armani said.

I just rolled my eyes. "Armani, shut the hell up. I'm not in a shell and I don't like him."

"How long we known each other? You think I'm stupid? I know what I see Hayden. I know there can be something there. I just wish you would see what I see."

I folded my arms across my chest. "And what is it that you see Armani?"

She just shook her head. "I ain't saying shit else."

I nodded as I picked up the color that I wanted on my toes. I wanted my toes to be white. My phone started ringing and I dug it out of my bag.

"Hey," I said to Javon as I looked at Armani who was staring at me.

"Wassup?"

"Getting my feet done with Armani," I told him.

"Coming over to my house tonight?" He asked.

"For what?" I asked.

"You ask so many fuckin' questions man," he replied.

I sucked my teeth. "Well how the hell am I supposed to decide whether or not I'm going somewhere if I don't know what we're supposed to be doing?"

"My nigga, just wear something nice and bring ya ass too my house by eight, understand?"

I rolled my eyes but nodded my head like he could see me. "Yeah."

"Yes," he said, correcting me.

"Yes Javon. I'll be there," I said.

"A'ight. Wear that thong I like," he said with a laugh.

I stayed at Javon's house one night and he came into the guest bedroom without knocking. I was in a lace black thong with a matching bra. He apologized for not knocking, but I saw his dick through his basketball shorts. I don't think he was sorry.

"I'm not wearing that thong. You lucky I'm coming over there anyways."

"But you didn't have a choice so you was coming regardless," he responded.

"Oh really?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah 'cause I would've came to ya house and picked you up. Can't do much if I got you strapped down in the back seat of the car baby."

I laughed at what he said. "Yes I can. I'll unstrap myself and roll out."

"So ya sexy ass can end up dead on the street?" Javon asked with a laugh.

"Yup. Anything to get away from you daddy," I said. Armani looked at me with wide eyes. I wish she would mind her business.

"Call me daddy more often. I like that shit," Javon said. I can imagine his face already. He was probably bitting his lip or licking them. His eyes were probably lowered too in that lusty way niggas looked when they were about to get freaky.

"Not on your life."

"I ain't stressing it. You'll be saying it soon enough," he retorted.

"In your dreams."

"They'll come true. Anyways, I'll see you later tonight. Remember to dress nice."

"Okay Javon. I heard you," I said.

"A'ight. Bye beautiful." I told him I'll see him later and hung up the phone.

"So who was that?" Armani asked me.

"I know you were listening. You know who that was."

"Oh, so Javon got you over there blushing like a tomato but there's nothing going on?" She asked.

I shook my head as I unlocked my phone and scrolled on Instagram. "Nope. Not a thing."

***

Okay, I wanted to wait until next week but I'm so into this book. I can't wait. I need a little promotion because I think y'all really gonna enjoy this one.

*A picture of London and Alana Martinez is up*

*Not edited*

Vote
Comment
Share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 174 27
Hayden Mackenzie move to a new town were she was loved by her now new friends and hated by some popular girls(Bitches as she claimed them to be )...
774 197 23
She may be a lot of things but bitch isn't one... I tried to defend myself which only makes matters worse coz Lexis didn't seem to like it.. He shook...
209K 7K 31
Rylee Jane Parker is a full time nurse after graduating college. That along with her four year long boyfriend Jacob, makes her believe that her life...