Special To Me ¦ Shokugeki No...

By GalaxyStars29

"Don't you get it? I chose you. I fucking chose you over everything else because you're special to me. I chos... More

C1. Exams
C2. Dorm
C3. Welcome Party
C4. Shokugeki
C5. Meat Master
C6. Hellish Training Camp
C7. First Assignment
C8. Megumi's Expulsion
C9. Shokugeki with the Alumni
C10. Breakfast Buffet
C11. Car Ride
C12. Karaage Wars
C13. Competitors
C14. Announcement
C15. Difference
C16. Challengers
C17. Leave
C18. To Italy
C19. The Return
C20. A Long Night
C21. Surprising News
C23. Officially Dismissed
C24. Back Home
C25. Dinner Conversations and News
C26. Surprise Visit
C27. Escapes and Confessions
Epilogue
Christmas A/N MUST READ
S1. Surprises on Valentines Day
S2. Dinner on White Day
S3. Graduation Day
S4. Summer
S5. Her Birthday
S6. His Birthday
S7. Christmas
S8. New Years

C22. Meeting the Brother

1.4K 52 10
By GalaxyStars29

Saito's Point of View

We, my sister and I, are on our way to Tootsuki, her school.

It was nice to get out of the house for a change and travel, even though it meant leaving my girlfriend behind because she has her duties to fulfill as a maid. I don't go out of the most of the time, because I don't really know where to go, and my parents won't allow me.

Those thoughts aside, I was quite thrilled to meet Ayano's friends from school. I get to meet the people who has been there for her, when I was not, including this guy who my sister likes.

I've been wondering, what is he like? If my sister talks so highly about him, what is his status? If he has skills like that, I'm sure he has a rather unique background.

"Ayano," turning to her, I asked, "The guy you were talking about, can you tell me how is he like?"

The reaction she had was something I've never thought would happen to Ayano: she blushed, meaning she was flustered, about this boy. But she was talking just fine about him earlier at home, did something happen?

Even though it looked like Ayano was quite shy talking about the guy, I didn't stop. I wanted to know more about him.

".. S-Souma, is, well, um.." Ayano stammers, and I wait for her to find the right words.

Stammering Ayano, though? That's new; she's usually quite frank and straight to the point, or she doesn't talk at all. She's really changed.

"Souma is a great guy," started my sister, fiddling with the scarf wrapped around her neck, "He may seem oblivious and rather carefree, but he's kind and willing to help. Sometimes, he's selfless, and would throw away everything just for something or someone, but that's what makes him himself.."

Ayano then stops, and I hummed, nodding my head in understanding. This guy, Souma, isn't really bad.

"I see," that was all I managed to say, and I moved my attention to the buildings and tress and everything we were passing by outside of the window.

I want to protect Ayano; and if I have want to do that, I have to see this Souma guy. I trust what Ayano had told me about this Souma person, but I'll have to see it for myself.

Ayano had never really had a crush on anyone, or so I think, because she was too focused on cooking; she really wanted to make our parents proud, so she did her best. She would always follow what they say, she loves and respects them too much to say no and protest about it.

However, in the near future, I have this feeling that that will change. Now that Ayano has found someone she loves and respects more, to the point that she'll disobey our parents, it's a fact that something is bound to change.

Thoughts like these make me remember Krista. She'll tell me something like "You've been reading too much novels, Saito!" or "You're thinking too deep about it!"

I miss her, but it'll be all worth it for my sister.

**

About two hours later, when the sun has already set, we've arrived.

"Just act natural when everything seems to be out of place, Saito," advised Ayano to me, giving me this look that tells me that I should just trust her.

I nod my head, though I was suspecting what she had meant. It's making me anxious.

Getting out of the car, my anxiousness and suspicions seem to grow.

My sister has been living in a place like this?! It looks so scary, and like it hasn't been cleaned for months or years, even!

Before I could even protest, I was already being dragged by Ayano closer to the scary and scummy looking place.

By the time I had realized that I should've protest, the both of us were already in front of the door.

".. Ayano, is this some sort of prank? You've got to be kidding me, right?" In disbelief, I asked my only sibling, "You're taking this joke too far! Why are we here?"

The shorter girl held my hand, squeezing it to reassure me. And she smiles at me as if everything was perfectly fine, "Remember what I said, Saito, and you'll be fine."

I think my sister has been brainwashed!

Ringing the doorbell, Ayano then twists the doorknob open.

The wooden door opens, and inside was a close to pitch black colored room. The only thing that kept it from being so dark, was the lamp that was standing on a table, or from what I can see.

".. Hm? What's this? Honestly, if they forgot to change the lights again..." I hear Ayano utter, and she pulls me inside, shutting the door behind her.

After walking a few more steps to the left, more lights were opened. And I've never been so glad to see, I thought that something would've happened to me!

Blinking, my eyes adjust to the sudden brightness. And when I had finally good focus, I was quite shocked to see the room so clean.

The inside was so much different from the outside.

"Come on, Saito, they must be having dinner now," ushering me by the hand, Ayano then pulls me once again to the direction where I assume the dining area would be.

Seeing the place was clean, I had slightly calmed down. But it didn't stop me from being completely anxious and cautious about everything.

There wasn't exactly a door to the dining area, but a large entrance only.

We both stopped just as we were about to enter, and I gasped at the different types of food that were on the table.

Was this was heaven looks like?! I must've died early from being so scared or something.

Licking my lips, I eyed one certain plate that had my favorite food.

Shrimp.

"Huh? That's weird, their suppose to be here by now, eating and all," said Ayano from beside me, and she walks to somewhere, making me frown.

As we continued to walk, various voices and banging of pots and pans were heard.

"You guys, where's the salt?!"

"I was going to use that spoon! Gimme it!"

"Huh?! I got it first! You wanna go?!"

"Yuuki, calm down!"

"H-H-H-Has any-anyone gotten t-the pan..?!"

"This is youth!!"

"Oi, Yukihira, listen to me!"

"Takumi, you were here?"

".. Pfft, nii-chan.."

The voices get more louder, and I was scared to see what had awaited me behind those kitchen doors.

However, time seemed to stop when said doors were pushed open, revealing a couple of people working in the kitchen, and the smell of food wafted in the air.

The kitchen was huge, but it looked so small with many people in it.

There were two guys fighting over a spoon, two girls frantically looking through the cabinets and another girl trying to stop them, and the rest seemed to be glued on the floor as they eyed Ayano and I.

"..... Um, surprise..?" Nervously laughed one of the girls who was looking for something.

"Ayano-chan, you're back!" Exclaimed another girl, her hair in braids.

What is the meaning of this? First, I was nervous to see how Ayano's friends were, but I was greatly mistaken. What is all this mess?!

With a sigh, Ayano then shook her head, "When is dinner going to be ready?"

"Dinner?!" Then yelled the first girl.

And as if they were being controlled, they went back to whatever they were doing.

"Hurry up, there's not much time left!"

"I still can't find the salt!"

"Tadokoro, here's the pan!"

".. T-Thanks!"

That was how I spent the first thirty minutes inside Ayano's dorm, just watching her friends panic over their cooking.

**

After all that mayhem, we were all seated at the dining area.

We said our thanks for the food, and I reached almost immediately for the dish I had found earlier. And when my hands were about to grab it, the plate was lifted up.

Looking upwards, I lock eyes with golden colored ones.

"Oh? My bad, you were going to get some?" Inquired the male, who was standing up to bring it somewhere.

Don't tell me, he was planning to eat it all by himself?! I won't allow it!

".. Y-Yes," as casual as possible, I answered back, hoping that he'll give me some.

"Sure thing, then. Here 'ya go," the male, who had interesting red hair, states, offering the plate to me.

Giddily, I took it and placed some of it on my plate.

And as I was about to give it back, I just noticed how silent it has become comparing it from earlier.

Turning around to look at Ayano, I see her eyeing the plate on my hands.

Before I could even say something, the said plate was taken off of my hands. I was about to ask for it back, but I was more surprised to see the male walking to my sister and offering it to her.

"Ayano, I made this," the male says, scratching his cheek with his finger, "I figured that you'll like some shrimp, so I made some."

"R-Really?" Questioned my sister, and she takes the plate, ".. Th-Thank you, Souma.."

"Don't mention it!" Grinned the redhead, and he walks back to his seat, which was actually across from me.

And even so, the silence still continues.

"Saito, where are your manners?" The voice of my sister makes me almost shiver because of how darkly she said it.

"Uh, right!" Standing up, I bow my head. ".. I'm Hirashima Saito, the younger brother of Ayano," after introducing myself, I sat down immediately.

...

...

...

"Saito-chi, huh!?" Loudly said the girl with her hair tied up into two buns.

"S-Saito-chi..?" I repeated, not sure as to why is she calling me that. And isn't she older than me?!

"Yep!" Confirmed the girl, "Your sister is Hirashima-chi, so you're Saito-chi!" Grinning she explains.

"Yuuki, I think you should introduce yourself first," corrected the girl beside her.

"Hehe, sorry.." Apologized the first girl, sticking her tongue out. "I'm Yoshino Yuuki, a first year like your sister!"

Everyone else introduces themselves, and I was happy I didn't have to memorize them all, since I might just be meeting them once.

"Now, let us all eat!" The only second year declares, and everyone else shouts their response, getting the food that they wanted.

As if this wasn't the first time, everyone just talks casually to one another. Ayano seems to be having a conversation with Tadokoro-san, the girl with the braids, and I awkwardly ate my food.

The shrimp tasted absolutely great! It's been awhile since I've had them!

Hmm... If I drop by here more often, will the chef who made this make some for me?

"So, Saito, you also like shrimp?"

Swallowing my food, I nod my head. "I'm not sure if Ayano has told you, Yukihira-san, but our mother is allergic to these, so it's rare to eat shrimp at home," I tell the redhead, Yukihira-san.

"'Ya know, Souma is just fine," he tells me, and takes a bite of some chicken.

Souma..

Souma?

Souma?!

I've almost forgotten, but, as in, the same Souma my sister has been telling me about?!

"Souma-nii, then?" I tried it out, liking how it sounds.

"Eh? Souma-nii? Why?" Then questioned the redhead, scratching his head, clueless.

"Aren't you and Ayano dating?" I blurted out without thinking it through.

My question alone seems to reach the ears of others, and it was silent once again.

"... Ah, so it's out, eh?" Souma-nii says in a way that doesn't surprise him.

Have they not been official yet? But, Ayano had confessed, and Soumi-nii had confessed as well--

No way, Soumi-nii hasn't actually asked Ayano to be his girlfriend?!

Mentally asking for help, I turn to Ayano.

Almost yelping, I gulped as I saw her face darkened because of her bangs. She was angry, and I'm going to pay for it, aren't I?

"Erm.... Ayano, I'm sorry, I swear I didn't know. But you said--"

I stopped myself to continue any further, seeing that Ayano had lifted her head up to face me, or us.

Lo and behold, she was actually blushing bright red.

".... S-Souma and I ha-haven't t-talked about i-it yet.." She manages to explain briefly to me between pauses and stutters. It was obvious to me she was embarrassed about it, because it was her first time?

"B-But w-we.. I w-was planning t-to t-tell you guys..!"

"You can't blame anyone," lazily butted in Souma-nii, and I furrowed my brows in confusion, "This all happened in one night, last night, and we barely had time to talk alone because of the party and everything."

"We understand, you two," wisely said Sakaki-san, smiling gently.

"But tell us the details next time, Hirashima-chi!" Joked Yoshino-san, laughing to herself.

The girls just teased or talked to Ayano a little, and most of the guys asked Soumi-nii some questions.

My eyes shifted to the side, and I locked eyes with one certain male.

Takumi-san... I wonder how was he feeling about all this? Seeing his expression, I feel like he's sad or confused, or both.

He's taking it all in. It must be too much for him.

I know somewhere inside me that he had feelings for Ayano, but it'll deeply wound him more, since he is Ayano's supposedly fiancee.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

417K 15.6K 101
A girl, brought by Nakamura Azami into the world of culinary, a girl who can tell by her unique eyes the flavor of any palate, however she herself do...
3.3K 53 17
It is after the Regimental Food War and (y/n) is a student at Totsuki Academy. She was invited to join the council of ten by Soma Yukihira, Erina Nak...
86.8K 3K 15
Immersed in the stressful, always active atmosphere of Totsuki Culinary Academy, the few remaining ninety-first generation students have just barely...
25.5K 754 40
Cooking is his specialty, his passion, and his purpose. Shiro, the older sister, will always support her little brother no matter what. Sometimes Shi...