Prom Queen (Klaus Mikaelson)

By _N_I_G_H_T_M_A_R_E_S

«When she walks by you wanna be her and your boyfriend pretends not to see her» A Klaus Mikaelson fan-fiction More

Promqueen
Cast
Niklaus Mikaelson
Zlatina Petrova
Prologue
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
1o
11
12
13
14
15
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24

16

3.1K 74 9
By _N_I_G_H_T_M_A_R_E_S

"That's disgusting", Zlatina muttered, imagining all the things her sister told her about Stefan being friends with Klaus in Chicago. Still it was actually the hybrid himself, who leaded her to leave such a comment as she just did. The man kept on answering the Salvatore's questions and the young vampire had enough to not only bore but annoy the woman with them. Nik was just busy filling the other man in about the passionate love Stefan shared with Rebekah, which the Salvatore couldn't even remember.
Except for undaggering her friend, the Petrova found herself thinking about another task she'd have to complete: finding out why the hybrid made his earlier buddy forget everything they experienced together.

A big smirk crossed the Bulgarian's lips as she pulled out the silver dagger from the heart of the woman that laid in a beautiful coffin, grey veins all over her perfect skin.

"I don't recognise her", Stefan commented, scanning the blonde girl up and down. It made Zlatina somehow sad, although she didn't show on the outside, her face still directed towards the sleeping Rebekah. The female original would surely be disappointed, after all she shared a big passion with the Salvatore, no matter how bad Katerina talked about their love. Her sister was as jealous as always when it came to Stefan, the man who never gave her his actual attention, and the older Petrova sister knew. By herself, she imagined the love both of her friends shared as the adventurous kind, the one that could never be separated. The one she used to experience with Niklaus and somehow still did. But like shatters of glass, Rebekah's and Stefan's love actually had been separated due to one of them losing his memories. And although Stefan was the one who lost the memories, Zlatina could bring up pity for Rebekah only, after all she was the only one who kept their passionate moments in her mind without having someone by her side to remember with.

"Don't tell her that. Rebekah's temper's worse than mine", Klaus replied to the Salvatore's earlier statement, leading the Bulagarian beauty to focus again. She eyed the British blonde behind her, hiding a knowing grin. "I can only agree", she said as the hybrid's eyes met hers.

Rebekah didn't wake up after a few minutes, much to Zlatina's dismiss. She was bored of the stories about the two men with her, the ones she already heard from her sister, even if the Mikaelson didn't know. When he wanted to fill both of the people travelling with him in, by visiting the Salvatore's old apartment, the Petrova denied to come with them with the excuse to wait until Rebekah woke up. Suspicious the 1000 years old watched her, nevertheless he agreed and left with the young vampire.

As the night hours arrived, Gloria's once empty bar was full of people who danced, while the old witch continued her job as as a bartender.
"Seems like even Klaus has enough of you now", she snapped at the brunette who came towards her. The Bulgarian replied with a big grin, then she sat down on a hocker directly in front of the bar. "You know, Gloria...", the pretty vampire started with a dangerous smirk, saying the witch's actual name for the first time since she arrived. The white haired woman was not only confused but unwillingly scared. Something in  Zlatina's eyes darkened and the old woman behind the bar didn't know if she would be strong enough to defend herself. Although her magic could probably win against the Petrova's supernatural strength, she'd therefore would made an enemy who'd kill her in seconds. However he could never be killed, as the immortal hybrid he was.

"Why don't you get me a Gin Tonic and some information?", the vampire woman continued. After a while of thinking, Gloria finished the ordered drink and gave it to the deathly starring brunette across from her. "How could my memories be useful to a 500 year old?", the witch teased, earning an unamused chuckle from Zlatina. "In 1920, Nik found a good friend in Stefan. Still he made him forget the time they shared and since you were here and I wasn't, I wondered if you could tell me what made him do this."

Gloria shivered while she read the other woman's expression and the witch found herself in a dangerous situation. Her mind nearly went crazy as she searched for possible ways to satisfy the Bulgarian without breaking Klaus' trust. Either way, the Petrova would win the game she played with the Mikaelson on her side.
Much to Gloria's surprise, it was a dark haired man who saved her from a deathly answer.

"Well, look what the wind blew in. Last I heard, you hated this place", she distracted, her eyes on Damon Salvatore who grinned while sitting down next to his friend in the bar. "Gloria? Damn. If I knew you were gonna age like this, I would've stuck around." Zlatina bit her tongue to stop herself from commenting the situation, still she was happy to see Damon again, no werwolf bite to be seen on his skin.
"Ha, ha. I always did like you better, but I see, your brother is still running in the wrong crowd", the witch replied smiling, although she seemed to regret her answer as the Salvatore put an arm around the brunette next to him. The girl looked up at the raven haired, a true smile on her lips as she took a sip from her drink.

"You're alive", she pointed out as he returned the smile. "So are you." The male vampire was honest although he wondered where his brother could be, now that he found Zlatina alone in a bar. He expected her with his brother and Klaus, which made him turn to the witch across from him again. "You've seen him?", he asked, referring to his sibling. "With Klaus. Bad combo", Gloria replied. Meanwhile she grabbed a bottle of Bourbon to hand it to Damon.

The Petrova on the other hand chuckled. "You put her under pressure, Day. She's scared to die and her use of dark magic shows", she mentioned and her friend rolled her eyes. "I believe you're the reason for her pressure. Keeping your eyes open for Klaus?", he teased, so the brunette threw off his arm and bumped her elbow playfully into his side. "They'll be back tonight, which makes me wonder if you brought my weakest relative with you."

It took Damon a second to realise that his friend wasn't only usually mean but spoke in that way of Elena to not mention her name or her task in front of Gloria. But the witch, too scared to say something wrong in front of Zlatina, had already turned away, leaving both vampires by themselves. It didn't took long for the raven haired to watch the woman next to him with pleading eyes . She grinned, leaning forward to put a hand on his muscular chest. "I assume you brought her with you and I really do hope she's with the handsome history teacher so they can at least try to defend themselves but Damon, as I know you she isn't. That's why I'm willing to give you one useful hint", she started, her smirk widened as her soft lips touched his ear.

"They're in Stefan's old apartment by now but they'll probably be back soon", she whispered, leading the Salvatore to widen his puppy eyes, after all he left Elena there by herself. With that, Zlatina stood up, leaving not only Damon but the bar in general behind. Maybe her sister knew something about Klaus compelling Stefan because the older Petrova was aching to find out.

1492, England

Zlatina Petrova was running as fast as she could. Her lungs begged for air and for the girl to calm down and stop, but the brunette knew she couldn't. With her small hands she kept her long purple dress from touching the dirty ground, while the wind messed up her hair.
"Zlatina", she heard a familiar, male voice, which leaded her to speed up. There was no chance she'd give up.
"Got you", Niklaus' dark voice whispered as he suddenly stood in front of her, catching her with his strong arms. "Not again", the girl laughed, then she looked up to see the handsome, dirty blonde man smiling down at her. "Next time I'll be faster than your vampire speed", the Petrova said, making the Mikaelson who had his hands on her waist chuckle. She always wanted to be faster than him but never managed to actually be. Still, he loved her enthusiasm and her cute laugh when he caught her over and over again.
But the best part was, when their eyes met after their game. The time, when Klaus could hear her heart beat fast and hold her in his arms. 
Although the girl found out about his family's secret, she only took a few days to rest and think but she handled it well afterwards, leading every Mikaelson to love her even more.

Still, Nik was worried about her and it showed through his deep, blue eyes. "Are you alright?", the young girl asked the man across from her confused, wondering if she may had said something wrong. "I was going to ask you the same. Aren't you scared?", the dirty blonde asked as he did every other day. Zlatina loved how much he cared and that he wasn't afraid to show it.
But this kind of love was new to Niklaus and he was scared to ruin it, so he rather let her think his weakness was to care too much ,than to let her realise that his only weakness was Zlatina herself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

727 22 14
Two versions of the same story, two slightly different outcomes. Part 1: Damon Salvatore X Reader Part 2: Klaus Mikaelson x Elijah Mikaelson X Damon...
51.9K 1.4K 37
𝙎𝙪𝙥𝙚𝙧𝙣𝙖𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙖𝙡 𝙥𝙝𝙚𝙣𝙤𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙖 𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙚𝙣𝙨 𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙧𝙮𝙙𝙖𝙮, 𝙈𝙮𝙨𝙩𝙞𝙘 𝙁𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙨 𝙗𝙚𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙣𝙤 𝙚𝙭𝙘𝙚𝙥𝙩𝙞𝙤𝙣. 𝙈𝙖𝙧𝙞𝙚𝙡...
696K 9.8K 75
Just preference in the show. Please read, comment, and vote.
58.9K 2.5K 31
It's the summer before senior year for Caroline Forbes. More importantly, it's been one month of dating the guy of her dreams, Klaus Mikaelson. Every...