If only it was an Illusion!

By Aafrynn

"you're no one to me", his words echoed in my ears but what was it all when he kissed me; merely an illusion... More

If Only It was an Illusion !
Chapter 1 : Start
Chapter 2: Comforting the discomfort
Chapter 3 : Personal or Professional?
Chapter 4 : Everything Good
Chapter 5 : Fate and Co incidence.
Chapter 6 : Loosening the knots
Chapter 7 : Seduction Game Strong !
Chapter 8 : Pallapora town
Chapter 9 : Party Party Party!
Chapter 10 : Not the girlfriend!
Chapter 11 : Picture cross
Chapter 12 : Shoot!
Chapter 13 : Drama at the devil's house
Chapter 14 : garage?
Chapter 15 :someone help !
Chapter 16 : Bungle in the jungle
Chapter 17 : Developing affection.
Chapter 18 : Can the jungle end ?
Chapter 19 : Stop chasing us.
Chapter 20 : Don't give up eh
Chapter 21 : Safe and sound?
Chapter 22 : A part of the jigsaw
Chapter 23 : Back to office .
Chapter 24 : The presentation.
Chapter 25 : The hotel mess
Chapter 26 : Happy and GAY?
Chapter 27 : Losing control
Chapter 29 : Oh no no !
Chapter 30 : Out and About
Chapter 31 : What the eff
Chapter 32 : Ouch
Chapter 33 : Garden
Chapter 34 : Masquerade ball.
Chapter 35 : race till terrace
Chapter 36 :The real truth is...
Chapter 37 : Stop dominating.
Chapter 38 : His mansion , my tension.
Chapter 39 : Meet and greet.
Chapter 40 : In the bathroom.
Chapter 41 : No way out.
Chapter 42 : uh oh uh
Chapter 43 : The digger, not the gold one.
Chapter 44 : Birthday surprises.
Chapter 45 : Another dance or maybe chance?
Chapter 46 : Knowing everything.
Chapter 47 : The confession
Chapter 48 : An official 'date'
Chapter 49 : Keeping her on HOLD
Chapter 50 : Big Bang Party
Chapter 51 : With love, from James.
Chapter 52 : James plays Games.
Chapter 53 : Trick or Treat?
Chapter 54 : Found or Lost?
Chapter 55 : A beginning to an end.
Epilogue Part 1
Epilogue part 2
Whoring around Mr. Politician.
covers

Chapter 28 : the note ?

14.2K 648 60
By Aafrynn

Amanda's POV

Picking up my loaded suitcase,  I went towards my mom to bid her goodbye "Take care Mom,  I hope Sam's home by afternoon.  Don't worry much about me.  Love you", Mom kissed me on my forehead and gave me clear instructions regarding the trip.

"Don't go roaming alone at the vacant place"
"Stay in a group with your office colleagues"
"Have your meals on time,  don't skip any"

I laughed at mom's concern towards me and got inside the taxi which I booked earlier. Reaching upon my office,  I guided the taxi driver to pick aside. I paid him the exact change and exited the taxi.

Mr. Reynolds could be seen from far away,  his face looked a shade lighter because of the sunlight.  His black sunglasses complimented his black blazer, he wore white v necked t-shirt inside his blazer.

I waved at him grinning when his eyes met mine,  he didn't react.  I pushed my bag towards his car,  I'm glad it had wheels beneath so I didn't have to carry the weight because certainly, my stuff weighed more than me. 

"Is there no one who'll come along? ", I inquired questioning as I stood facing him, our eyes met, I had to push my head up while we talked as he was taller than me. Not that my height was small.

"Yeah,  do you see anyone else ?  ", I twirled my eyes around to check upon.  There was no one,  not even his driver.  Is he going to drive?  oh no it felt like a long journey already.

I quickly took the back seat of the car after settling my luggage in the trunk.  He took the driver's seat in a while as he shifted his sunglasses on the top of his head but he didn't drive, he just settled himself comfortably after attaching the seat belt over his torso. He sat still as he waited for someone.

"Are you waiting for someone? ", I questioned. He gave a quick nod which certainly meant a no.

"Then why aren't you driving? ", I questioned again perplexed.

"Do you certainly consider yourself my boss or do you take me as your driver ? ", he frowned.

"What,  wait.  Where did that come from ? ", his frown deepened, I didn't really realize that I was seated on the back seat but that certainly doesn't make him look like a driver or maybe it does, he did really believe in that stereotypical condition where bosses sit on the back seat.

"Uh, whatever", I banged and opened the door of the passenger seat.  I surrounded my eyes with sunglasses because it was quite sunny plus now I could easily have a quick nap while he drove because I didn't expect him to chit-chat with me during the drive

"What now ? ", he was staring at me.

"Seat belt", he raised his brows, I connected the seat belt around myself. Within moments he started the ride as he completely ignored my presence. I looked at him in between but he kept his focus on the road.

I removed my phone from my clutch and connected the aux wire to it as I didn't want the awkward silence to take over the car. I leaned in to change the song as the wire was a bit small so I placed my phone at the small hollow place there.

As soon as the music concealed my ears, I laughed and clapped when the singer sang my favorite lines. I didn't dare to look at Mr. Reynolds as his scary glares would spoil my trip mood.

"Push and pull like a magnet do ", I shouted as I swayed my hands in the air. Loud music did something to me, it ceased my power to think. I would've jumped like an idiot if I wasn't seated in the car.

"I am in love with your booooooooody ", I increased the volume.

"Miss Waters "

"Oh - I oh-I Oh  I Oh -I "

"Miss Waters ", he squealed. I stopped my actions at once as I looked over at his face, anger plastered it.

I was bewildered at his sudden change in mood. He turned the music off as he disconnected the aux wire from my phone. "You can't just do that, I can't sit here for 7 hours straight without any entertainment ", I offended.

"You can't break my ear walls with such loud music and simply irritate me, I didn't stop you when you played but then you had to increase the volume. Now cope up with the consequences of it ", he didn't look at me.

"B-but I love Ed Sheeran and his music so much, the volume was pretty low as compared with the basic volume we put when I and my friend's go for a ride ", I tried to convince him knowing the fact that he won't change his mind.

"Fine, If you don't play the music then I'll sing ", I cleared my throat.

"You utter a word and you're out of my car, this road is pretty much empty all the time. You won't even get a lift ", he warned. I didn't sing obviously as I was scared that he may actually mean what he just said.

I leaned towards the back seat squatting as I disconnected the seat belt.  I opened the chain of my bag as I only carried my clutch till the front seat. I turned my eyeballs towards the left to have a quick view of Mr. Reynolds. He had an I-dont-know-what-the-fuck-she-is-doing expression.

Collecting my pack of pringles, I hopped towards the front seat again. I liked eating during drives, it always enlightened my mood. I decided to offer it to Mr. Reynolds so I pushed the pack towards him.

"Can't you stay still and sane for even 10 minutes "

"I can, I choose not to ", I smiled awkwardly. "So I am guessing you're not hungry ", I placed my pringles on my lap.

I scrunched as I ate one after the other. His face didn't really look subtle so I scrunched a bit louder "Miss Wateeeeeeeers ", he shouted banging at the steering.

"Mr. Reynolds ", my voice was soft and calm as compared to him. Watching his annoyed face made me happy, he looked cute when he raised or furrowed his brows. Okay, he didn't look cute but very hot instead.

"So can I play the music now, I swear I won't dance and keep the volume low ?' ", I broke the silence.

"And ?", he cocked his brow.

"And what ?", I didn't understand what he really meant "Oh, yes! I won't sing too. Definitely not "

"Fine ", he permitted me to play the music. I decided to keep the genre slow, so I clicked on my romantic playlist and tapped the shuffle button as I was very bored to switch different songs time by time.

It was 'Cry with you' by Hunter Hayes, the song always got me emotional. No, I didn't sing as whenever my lips parted a small flashback of his warning traveled across my mind.  The rest of the journey was very quiet, I didn't utter a single word. I kept myself entertained with the slow music.

Looking outside the window always paved the ways for various innumerable thoughts. Currently, the hottest topic I liked to think about was Mr. Reynolds. What if we ended up together? What if we never ended up together? I knew our situation wasn't perfect or normal and we were not really 'Made for each other types'

I pushed my baby hair behind my ears and tried thinking about some different topics. I tried diverting my mind and welcomed thoughts which included everyone but Mr. Reynolds.  Suddenly, I felt a tingle in my stomach. It felt heavy. I knew that I was in the urge of the washroom as I needed to pee.

I gathered all my guts to speak to him about it. But how exactly should I frame my sentence? I want to pee. No, that'll be to straight and awkward. Maybe, if I replaced the need with want then the sentence will sound a bit better . I need to pee, it didn't sound right too.

Come on Amanda, you're acting like he doesn't pee at all. Tell him to take a halt in the nearest city.

"Mr. Reynolds "

"Yes "

"Nothing ", I felt really shy. It was never difficult when I was with Francis, I could do anything in front of him.

"Mr. Reynolds ", I called him again.

"For the second time, Yes Miss Waters"

"Can you take a halt when you spot some hotel along the way, please? ", I made a  puppy dog face.

"And why ?', he always had to question.

"I need to go to the restroom ", I looked towards the window as I was embarrassed.

"Okay ", he replied as he continued driving.

After reaching some decent hotel, he parked the car and directed me to go. He exited the car too but didn't really walk by my side. I asked the lady who worked there to guide me towards the washroom. She pleasantly smiled at me and directed me.

I didn't see Mr. Reynolds anywhere around, maybe he was having lunch around or maybe he was freshening himself up too. I washed my face with water whilst looking at the mirror in the washroom after releasing the water of my stomach which embarrassed the heck out of me. I corrected my eyeliner as I gave a touch up to my lips as well with my gloss.

After satisfying myself that I look presentable, I marched out of the washroom as it really haunted me to stay alone in a place for a long time. I did believe in ghosts and life after death.

"Amaaaaandaa ", my name echoed around. I turned around towards the direction where it came from, it sounded familiar. Very familiar.

I figured out a man with a long loose coat and thigh-high boots, he had a beanie around his head which covered his hair. I followed him as he didn't stop. He just kept walking

"Hey, mister "

"Who are you ?"

"How do you know my name ?"

"Wait for me "

I triggered a set of innumerable questions at the unknown who now took longer steps. He placed a short note on the ground and ran away. His image disappeared, I did try to cope up with his speed but I failed. One thing was pretty clear that whoever the person was, he knew that we were far away from the city. He was either tracing us through the mobile network or following us.

I collected the note which was placed by him on the ground, it was neatly folded 3 times. I dusted it before unfolding it. It almost slipped off my hand when I read the message which was written over it. My thinking power collapsed and my heart almost plummeted on the floor and later regained its original position.

The note read :

I'm back, stay cautious.

love

-J.

It took me a while to get back to my senses, I sat on my knees with the note. After gathering courage, I stood up and walked back towards where I left off. My legs shook resulting in an unbalanced walk, I was scared. Very scared. I took longer steps, twice that of my original speed as I hurriedly marched towards Mr. Reynolds.

Mr. Reynolds sat on a chair peacefully, his table was surrounded by delicious food. The atmosphere around was quite lively, tables and chairs were placed in open space. On stumbling towards his table, I quickly stiffened myself.

He sipped his coffee after taking a bite of his sandwich "What's wrong ". He did figure things from my facial expressions, it clearly showed my anxiousness.

"th-this ", I stammered. I handed him the note I collected from the ground.  My eyes turned heavy as I gently rubbed my head which pained. My vision blurred due to the formation of tears "He will definitely kill us this t-time ", I rubbed off the tear which flicked through my eyes.

"He won't, I'll make sure. Stop crying like a baby Miss Waters "

"He's dangerous ", I remarked.

"I agree but definitely not more than me, you have to agree to that ", he winked as he tried to assure me.  His words were consoling, it felt like ice to the burn I had.

I chuckled slightly trying to forget about James " Should we head back home ?", I questioned.

"Aaron Reynolds never leaves a deal incomplete ", he buttoned his blazer from the middle "Now will you eat ?", he questioned.

"I don't want to, I don't feel like ", I rejected.

"I didn't ask you, I commanded you . ", he placed a spoon in my hand. The table was filled with delicacies which included sandwiches .pizza's, pasta's, pancakes, and flavored corns. I knew he ordered light less oily food on purpose because we had a long journey to travel. I filled a spoon with pasta and stuffed it in my mouth.

I didn't really feel like eating, my stomach was filled with terror already. I stuffed some spoons of pasta and gulped it with Pepsi. On completing our meal, we walked back towards the car.

The rest of the journey was silent, I kept my eyes closed so as to disallow all the negativity to trespass my mind. I woke up to a push on my shoulder " We arrived at our destination, wake up", I brushed my hair back and settled my clothes and face through the rearview mirror before exiting the car.

****************

Your votes and comments encourage me. Also, this book is close to 3 k. Thank you for staying hooked.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

51K 1.6K 39
Daniella Robert gets the surprise of her life finding out that she was married to a guy she really didn't know anything about after having a night of...
5.1M 162K 49
"C- Can you move b- back a little?" My words made him smirk and if it's even possible, he came closer. Why do I always have to stuck between him and...
2.1M 69K 54
I pushed him with as much force as I could which made him stumble slightly but he succeeded in maintaining his balance and escaped from falling. That...
22.1K 749 40
[COMPLETED] [EDITED] He smirked and got even closer to my face, "you see, this report is technically under my..." He tilted his head slightly to whi...