If only it was an Illusion!

Por Aafrynn

"you're no one to me", his words echoed in my ears but what was it all when he kissed me; merely an illusion... M谩s

If Only It was an Illusion !
Chapter 1 : Start
Chapter 2: Comforting the discomfort
Chapter 3 : Personal or Professional?
Chapter 4 : Everything Good
Chapter 5 : Fate and Co incidence.
Chapter 6 : Loosening the knots
Chapter 7 : Seduction Game Strong !
Chapter 8 : Pallapora town
Chapter 9 : Party Party Party!
Chapter 10 : Not the girlfriend!
Chapter 11 : Picture cross
Chapter 12 : Shoot!
Chapter 13 : Drama at the devil's house
Chapter 14 : garage?
Chapter 15 :someone help !
Chapter 16 : Bungle in the jungle
Chapter 17 : Developing affection.
Chapter 18 : Can the jungle end ?
Chapter 19 : Stop chasing us.
Chapter 20 : Don't give up eh
Chapter 21 : Safe and sound?
Chapter 22 : A part of the jigsaw
Chapter 23 : Back to office .
Chapter 25 : The hotel mess
Chapter 26 : Happy and GAY?
Chapter 27 : Losing control
Chapter 28 : the note ?
Chapter 29 : Oh no no !
Chapter 30 : Out and About
Chapter 31 : What the eff
Chapter 32 : Ouch
Chapter 33 : Garden
Chapter 34 : Masquerade ball.
Chapter 35 : race till terrace
Chapter 36 :The real truth is...
Chapter 37 : Stop dominating.
Chapter 38 : His mansion , my tension.
Chapter 39 : Meet and greet.
Chapter 40 : In the bathroom.
Chapter 41 : No way out.
Chapter 42 : uh oh uh
Chapter 43 : The digger, not the gold one.
Chapter 44 : Birthday surprises.
Chapter 45 : Another dance or maybe chance?
Chapter 46 : Knowing everything.
Chapter 47 : The confession
Chapter 48 : An official 'date'
Chapter 49 : Keeping her on HOLD
Chapter 50 : Big Bang Party
Chapter 51 : With love, from James.
Chapter 52 : James plays Games.
Chapter 53 : Trick or Treat?
Chapter 54 : Found or Lost?
Chapter 55 : A beginning to an end.
Epilogue Part 1
Epilogue part 2
Whoring around Mr. Politician.
covers

Chapter 24 : The presentation.

15.5K 646 33
Por Aafrynn

 AMANDA'S POV

"Please Mr. Reynolds, my eyes and head are in complete agony ", I turned another page of the sale's registrar crosschecking the entry on the laptop.

"Miss Waters your melodrama seems to multiply after every consequent day since you've joined. Maybe you can finish it off as fast as you can because I'm not allowing you to leave the premises before doing the work " he shrugged and continued " I may leave when it's time for me though " 

'The octopus eats itself when stressed, now that's melodramatic ', my sub-conscience wanted to speak up aloud but didn't have the courage to. 

"Dickhead ", I cussed under my breath.

"I heard you, doesn't bother me ", he smirked arching his brow which definitely bothered me.

I extended my lips making it look like a smile which wasn't, to be honest.  I fastened up my speed realizing that half of the work was pending yet. In the meanwhile, Mr. Reynolds attended to phone calls traveling across the cabin. All he did was command, blame, and shout at the people on the other side of the phone in high pitched voice. His voice was displeasing to my ears. 

"What the fuck ?", I heard one of the umpteenth fucks from his side to the person on the other side. He punched the table with all his strength giving it a small crack, I stopped working at once. I sat hushed and forewarned myself about the consequences as I was the teddy he punched when vexed.

"How the fuck did he escape 3 well-trained professionals. I literally warned every single one of you about his fugitive nature. You all are as good as losers. Fuck yourself ", he canceled the phone and threw it on the floor, it broke instinctively.

"I had this intuition. He'll come after us again, this time it's gonna be worse for real ", my eyes widened out of trepidation. This news shook me from inside, I stood upright and took steps backward "I need to go hide, he'll kill me "

I was alarmed when Mr. Reynolds caught me tightly intertwining my fingers with his "You don't know Mr. Reynolds, his smirk was dreadful. ", I pushed him away trying to abscond.

"Chill, take a deep breath. You're strong, okay ?", he caressed my baby hair and pushed them behind my ears gently.

" I am not strong, I'm vulnerable. You don't get it, I failed to save Samarrah, I caused danger to your life, I cause trouble wherever I go ", I face-palmed hiding the tears which were released by now.

"You saved me, you saved your sister. I wish you could've saved me ", he paused and pulled me closer releasing my hands from my face while he cupped his hands on my face. "Stay strong, nothing will happen to you because of James, I assure. He's my enemy, I won't let him harm you just because you're acquainted with me ", he reassured keeping his grip over me.

"I believe in you ", I looked into his dark blue eyes. I pulled myself apart on gaining consciousness about our position. I looked away as I knew that gaining closeness will only result in breaking my fragile heart.

"Go home ", he ordered.

"I'm staying. I won't leave until I complete my work, especially on a sympathy basis. ", I landed my ass on the chair and started where I left off.

"Stay, time for me to leave. Lock my cabin and just so you know I've cameras here. Better don't stalk my personal stuff ", he alerted me whilst leaving. I traced his footsteps with my eyes until they were visible and then concentrated on the work again. I completed it within 3 hours after he left, I looked at my wristwatch.

"Oh my God, its 8' o clock already "', I didn't realize about the time when engrossed in work. I turned down the switches after arranging the registrars carefully. Within half an hour I was home as there wasn't much traffic on the road.

I uncurled the scarf from my neck and threw it to the nearest sofa, I was going to be shouted at my lazy behavior but what else does mom's expect from working women ? "Mom, I'm home ", I screamed my lungs out signaling my mum to get me dinner. I freshened up in mom's room as it was closer to the kitchen and took a seat on the dining table.

Mom carried a plate in her right hand and accompanied the left with a bottle of water. She sat next to me and served me from the dishes which were on the dining table. "Where's Sam ?", I questioned Mom about my younger sister literally for the first time after my kidnap due to my guilt as I was unable to save her sex tape from James, Mr. Reynolds was savage once again.

"She's been on  a  trip with her friend-"

"Friends? Why did you send her mum being aware of her condition ?",I objected after swallowing the food.

"She never listens to me, I didn't want to push her into any restrictions of mine. I just want her to be happy "

"But she's making a mess out of her life, you don't get it ", I stopped eating at once ." Well, did she aborted ?", I interrogated.

"She did ", she sighed.

"Uh, I'm such a fool. These all days I had this thought that she was continuing her education and was back to her hostel ", I thumped my legs and marched towards my room as I had enough for today.

I curled on my bed hugging my thighs with my arms and slept, not that it was a peaceful one but satisfactory enough to end up my tiredness. I looked at the clock which hung on the wall perceiving the fact that I was late for college already. "You're already late Ammie, you missed out 3 lectures by now. It's better you rest more ", it was always a struggle between me and me when the question was 'waking up'.

I grabbed the pillow and placed it on my eyes so as to avoid having direct contact with sunlight through the window. I slept again within no seconds. I was alarmed by my alarm clock for the fifth time so I decided to wake up at once. I yanked my bathrobe out of the innumerable unmanageable clothes wearing out from my wardrobe.

I pulled all my hairs back tying them into a ponytail before leaving the house, I wore a long thigh length blue colored plaid skirt and paired it with a white blouse. I complimented my look with mom's black peep toes, she had less idea that I was wearing it if she'd knew she won't allow me to. It was an inch bigger than my usual size so it slipped off my toes when in rush so I walked cautiously. 

I took the bus as a private taxi hired more and I didn't want to waste any money. I reached the office in around 20 minutes, on closely examining the notifications on my phone I realized that there were 78 missed calls of Gina and Francis combined. " I do apologize for not showing up, come over for dinner ?" ,  I left a text message on the group chat.

"Maybe someplace out, decent and classy as I'm out of Instagram pictures ", DAMN! Francis considered having a social life very mandatory.

"Hiring his personal photographers, as usual, anyways I'm in", I could feel Gina frowning.

"I am in too ", I locked my phone and shoved the door as I enrolled myself in the pace of work. I  rushed towards the elevator and guided the person towards the seventh floor, I peeped in Mr. Reynolds cabin which was now my daily habit. 

"Oh hi ", a familiar voice greeted me, I observed the man but failed to recollect where I've seen him earlier. I looked at him from head to toe, his outfit was very casual as compared to the office atmosphere. He even had microphones plunged around his neck.

I paused for a while then greeted back at once "hey there, I am sorry I don't recognize you ", I stretched my lips making it look like a smile. He pushed his hand forward towards me and I shook it gently   "Oh my goodness, you're the guy whose car was savage that day. It literally saved our lives, Thanks dude ", He was the very guy whose car was made a wreck by me, who helped us that day when we had no chances or hopes.

"Dan Attrey at your service madam ", he winked towards me and I grinned.

"Amanda Waters ", I introduced myself.  "Definitely didn't expect you ", I shrugged "Nice to meet you, Dan, finding familiar faces for the second first time are always pleasant " I kept silent for a while "So, what brought you here ", I was curious 

"Mr. Reynolds delivered the car just like he promised ", excitement could be sensed in his eyes "So, I came to thank him but in return, he surprised me more "

"Surprised ?", I interrogated as he was one of the people who wasn't complaining about his arrogant nature. 

"yes he looked upon my qualifications and appointed me as his secretary ", my eyes widened in shock "Oh sorry, I mean manager ", he corrected his statement.

I sighed "You almost scared me ", I turned around to another familiar voice. On examining I realized it was Sonia, I quickly hugged her and introduced both of them to each other as they looked at each other quite indifferently. 

"Okay, now I'll leave both of you pretty ladies to have your time ", Dan waved us a final goodbye and left.

"I'm glad James is replaced by him ", I hated James so much but couldn't stop her from using his name, Sonia definitely didn't seem normal. She was blushing since the moment he left. "Did you notice, he called us pretty ?", she hopped out of excitement. 

I coughed dramatically, "Yeah, he did. I sense someone crushing on the newbie already. He's a nice guy, I assure ", I winked. 

"I saw this guy and totally forgot the purpose of me being here, are you free this Saturday after lunch?"

"Yeah, I am. If Mr. Reynolds doesn't indulge me in some work. If I am free, you have my word. ", I replied after scrolling over the virtual calendar in my mind.

"Let's go for shopping past movie than ",  she didn't ask me but in fact told me. I quickly nodded meaning a yes as this was the first time my new friend has asked me something so I simply couldn't say a no. I pointed my thumb towards my cabin meaning that I should keep going, she agreed and left.

I comforted myself in my cabin, drank a sip of water from my bottle, and focused over the spam folder in my mailbox. I opened and read all of them inquiring closely that none of them was as important. "Hello, This is Amanda Waters ", I picked up the telephone before the second bell.

"Come to my cabin without wasting a second ", I rushed at once and got in after taking permission. He didn't look at me making my presence irrelevant.

"Sir ", I said in a tone louder than my original. He looked up and refocused his attention towards the laptop.

"Miss Waters, here's the PowerPoint presentation with every detail of our new launch in the field of soft drinks, I want you to study the presentation. I've mailed you the detail of each slide, you've to be the speaker ."

"Me -what ?", I questioned startled.

"You-yes. I am audible enough, right ?", he rhetorically questioned.

"I need time for that ", I cleared my throat.

"Yes, you have 2 hours until the visitors arrive. Take your time but make sure you're fluent enough. Go through every detail in the mail, I don't want you to present without  having any idea about the products line "

I nodded "I'll try my best "

"I want the best, Miss Waters ", I turned around and made way towards my cabin. I unbolted the window of my cabin before unlocking my laptop. I opened the mail and pinned it after saving it so that I could compare it with the PowerPoint presentation. I tried learning everything making gestures with my hand so that I didn't look like a parrot and made a fool out of myself during the presentation.

I learned and over learned as I wanted it to be the best, I wanted to make him proud and get out of the clumsy tag and enter in his good books. I wanted to start fresh and let go of the past, to leave behind every time we fought or when he was intolerant.I settled my hairs preceding towards my dress when it was 10 minutes left. 

I made my way towards the conference room which was on the third floor, I was shocked when I encountered Sonia there . "hey again ", I waved "Didn't expect you with the board of directors "

"I am here to give clear cut information regarding accounting policies and standards ", she was brilliant in that field so I smiled off cutting our conversation and revising over the content I had to present. I took a  glimpse over the enormous conference room which had a long rectangular shape table surrounded by chairs throughout. 

It had a projector afar, clear enough to match everyone's vision. Many men and women sat there silently waiting for the presentation to begin. Now, I knew what exactly pin-drop silence stated by my teacher of 1st grade meant. "Good evening sir ", everyone stood up in synchronization as they greeted Mr. Reynolds.

"Good evening ", he tightened his tie and sat on the chair which was situated in the middle, which confronted every chair. I took a seat next to him, not because it was vacant or because I wanted to smell his exquisite cologne but because I was his secretary as everyone knew.

"So my brilliant employees who all expertise in some field, the board members and other visitors, we have gathered here to discuss upon our new product line launch. My Secretary will proceed with the meeting but before I want my accountant head to provide a small gist of the pricing policies and the pricing structures. He gestured his hand towards Sonia as she quickly stood up and inserted her pen drive to the laptop which connected the projector.

She said everything confidently, gave answers to the questions raised by the members of the board. Looking at her, my confidence faded as I wasn't this prepared after all. I dragged the bottle which was closer to me to gulp away my stress along with water. I cornered my eyes and noticed that Mr. Reynolds wasn't quite impressed by this action of mine.

Its just water, why is it aching in your eyes?

I wiggled my toes, distressed. Yeah, I was an MBA student and I was taught how to face the crowd but I was losing my confidence. My foot felt uneasy as I was wearing my mother's peep toes which didn't fit me perfectly and also slipped off frequently,  so I decided to pop them in at once. I straightened my toes beneath the table making my sandal hop in hope for it to fit in.

Holy shit, it didn't. In fact, it didn't even rest close to my foot, I moved my naked food around in the close space to rest them on. To my surprise, my legs trailed over Mr. Reynolds's shoes.

No, no I am not seducing you like in movies. He read my facial expression sensing trouble, my eyebrows furrowed creating a help-me-once-again type of face. He quickly reacted to that,  first with an annoyed expression but later he closed both his eyes in sync assuring me to stay calm.

"So now I come to the last slide ",  Sonia removed some sheets from her bag and set the graphs on the presentation as per it. With every consequent word of her, my heart plummeted at the thought of making another childish scene.

Mr. Reynolds dropped the pen he was playing with, he bent at once to pick it up. The table was covered with a designated white cloth, no one could look at what's hideous inside. I wanted to thank the person who was the interior designer of this place. Mr. Reynolds almost squatted down, he gently moved his hands through my naked sole.

Fine, stop you're starting to flame up the desires I never had, he quickly comforted my foot with the sandals. Every bone in my body felt weak at his movement, I felt a tickle in my stomach when all he did was ran his hands casually over my foot to cover up my clumsy behavior. I wanted more of whatever he did, I know my demands were overrated but I couldn't help. I swore on my Nutella jar, never to wear mom's sandal again.

I rushed towards the laptop to inject my pen drive since it was my turn. I mouthed a thank you to Mr. Reynolds, he definitely didn't react to that. I then continued my presentation, to my projection nothing went wrong. Everything was satisfactory, I waved the members of the board goodbye bidding them farewell whilst shaking their hands.

"This proposal boasted our hopes and expectations more than what we assumed, see you in Paris Mr. Reynolds . ", they left the room in a mannered queue. I was contented with the thought of staying alone in office till Mr. Reynolds was away in Paris so that these weird thoughts wouldn't strike me again and again.

I examined the time, it was 8 ' o clock already. I promised Gina and Francis dinner tonight so I dashed towards the exit. I didn't want to add up another event to Francis's book named '101 excuses of Amanda for being late'.

Seguir leyendo

Tambi茅n te gustar谩n

484 13 10
Madison My best friend and neighbor, Piper, is trying to arrange a blind date for me. I agree because she doesn't take no as an answer. But why won't...
855 24 17
"I'm better than you even when I'm drunk." He drunkenly walked over to me and between my legs, so close that our noses almost touched, "No you cheat...
2.1M 68.9K 54
I pushed him with as much force as I could which made him stumble slightly but he succeeded in maintaining his balance and escaped from falling. That...
12.2M 394K 57
"Why did u punch him?" I asked in shock. "Why did you kiss him?" He asked me angrily. "What? I... but..he... " "Is he your boyfriend? Or Did he pa...