Bittersweet✔ (taekook)

By kkkrenz

Bittersweet Cafe. Where two lost souls found each other. Published: December 2016 Finished: April 2017 More

12:51
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
Epilogue
Thank you

The Man Who Can't Be Moved

7.8K 446 218
By kkkrenz

Jungkook's POV

I woke to the sound of my alarm ringing and stretched my body. The rain last night had stopped, letting the sky radiate the sun rays inside my room. I slowly drag myself inside the bathroom and quickly do my morning routine.

I prepared myself a small breakfast, since I'm alone in this apartment. I moved back here again, but this time, Jimin is not staying here anymore since he's now living with Yoongi hyung.

I heard knocking on my door so I quickly opened it, only to be met by Mr. Lee, the landlord of this apartment.

"Oh hi Mr. Lee!" I greeted while thinking I paid the rent last time, right?

"Oh Jungkook, I didn't come here for that. In fact, you paid the bills on time." Mr. Lee said while grinning.

I facepalm myself thinking I must've said it out loud. "Sorry, what brought you here?"

"I was just going to inform you that you will be having a new housemate. Just a temporary one since his house isn't finished building yet."

"Oh that's all?" I was slightly dreading the fact of another person in the house. I was kinda used to being alone and sulk or having Jimin.

"Yeah. He would probably be here in the evening, so enjoy each other's company! Have a good day!" With that, he walked away.

I rolled my eyes at the sudden information and kept telling myself that its not bad to meet new friends. After cleaning the remains of breakfast, I head out.

On my way out, I scrolled through my phone's music playlist. The song 12:51 was on repeat so I decided to choose another one. I was opening the door still looking in my phone when I saw The Script's 'The Man Who Can't be Moved' and clicked on it. Soon, the smooth sound of guitar playing was heard.

Going back to the corner
where I first saw you..

Softly humming the tune, I walk out of the apartment into the peaceful morning. I'm not in a hurry so I walk in a slow pace, thinking of the events that happened.

*flashback

Sitting at the same corner of the cafe, I furrowed my brows while calculating expenses and costs of stocks, and from time to time, writing down the stocks that we're about to order: from pastries to coffee ingredients.

I took a break for awhile and sip on my cup of Americano that is not so hot anymore. I look around the customer packed cafe and smiled to myself, thinking how far Jimin hyung and I had come.

Looking around, I saw a young boy quietly sitting on a chair near the counter and staring at the jar of cookies placed at the top. I slowly got up and walked to the child, he had his little bag on his back and his legs were swinging since it cannot reach the ground.

"Hey there kiddo, are you alone?" I said as I approach him.

The boy raises his head and looks up to me. He is very cute and a beautiful one, with black hair and bright eyes, he is like an angel.

"Mommy said don't talk to strangers." The boy said and looks down.

I chuckled and grab two jars of cookies showing it to him. His eyes widen when he saw the cookies in front of him.

"I'm not a stranger little one, I own this place, in fact I can give you cookies right now."

The boy looks up to me, hesitation crosses his face.

"Go on. I'm a friend and I know you like these cookies. What do you prefer? Chocolate chip or oatmeal cookies?"

"Uhmm..can I have both please?" The cute boy shyly said.

I chuckled and went to the counter to get a brown bag and shove a good amount of both cookies in it. I went back to him and handed him the bag. He clapped and smiled while saying 'thankyou mister..uhm..cookie' causing me to smile at the name.

"What's your name kiddo?"

"My name is Jaehyun. I'm two years old and I'm turning three next month!"

"Really? Nice to meet you Jaehyun."

"But mister? Can we please keep this a secret? Don't tell my mum cos she's gonna scold me for talking to you." He pleads while looking at me with puppy eyes.

I cooed at the sight and gave him a thumbs up. "But where's your mom?"

"She's at the restroom-oh there she is!" He looked behind me and pointed his finger excitedly at someone.

I look back and was more than surprised at who I saw. My mouth hung ajar at the sight.

"Baby, I told you to just wait for me and never talk to- oh.." Irene gasps as I now stand before her.

I look at her appearance and I felt my heart drop seeing a bump on her stomach. Yeah, probably she's pregnant again. Nevertheless, she's still beautiful. Taehyung indeed wanted a big family.

We were both silent until Jaehyun broke it. "Mommy look! I got cookies!"

Irene faced her son. "Oh that's great baby. Did you thank the one who gave it to you?"

"Yes mommy. I already thanked Mister cookie. He's my friend now!" He excitedly tells his mom.

Looking at the both of them, I can feel myself tear up. So I'm facing Taehyung's family now? Is destiny playing with me?

"Jungkook, can we talk?"

"What for?" I snapped. "You know there's nothing to talk about anymore, so will you excuse me?"

I slowly walk away, leaving the two behind. I sat back at my place and went to concentrate on my work again. But even concentrating is a hard task right now. It actually got worse when I heard Irene talking softly on her phone. Saying things like "Can you come here and pick up Jae? We're at Bittersweet right now. We'll wait for you....I love you too."

Damn it. This is not what I'm expecting to happen in my life. Is she testing me? I don't give a fuck anymore.

I lowered my head and close my eyes, trying to calm myself, breathing in and out. Then I suddenly heard Jaehyun yelling "Dad!!"

My heartbeat got faster and I can feel myself choking in my saliva from too much gulping. I can't open my eyes. I can't see him, not now. Please.

I can feel myself quietly sobbing as I listen to Jaehyun's excited chatter.

"Dad, I met a new friend and he gave me lots and lots of cookies! Look look look!"

I can't take it anymore. I don't want to see him now. I don't want to hear his voice-

"Really? Can I meet him too?"

-wait, am I hearing wrong? That's not what I'm anticipating. Where's the usual deep husky voice?

Still closing my eyes shut, I listened to footsteps coming near me.

"That's him, Dad! That's Mister cookie!" Jaehyun giggles.

"Jungkook?"

I slowly open my eyes and it met with the one carrying Jaehyun.

"H-hoseok hyung?" I stared at him in disbelief as I wiped my tears with the back of my hands.

"Daddy you're friends with Mister cookie?" Jaehyun interrupted.

"Yes baby. Mommy and Daddy are friends with Kookie." Hoseok told his son.

I raised an eyebrow at that. I saw Irene rests her hand at Hoseok's shoulder.

"You two can go ahead babe. I'll talk to him."

My mind is in so much confusion right now and my head feels like hurting from too much burrowing of eyebrows.

"Are you sure?" Hoseok turned to her with a worried face.

Irene nodded and smiled.

"We'll be in the car." Hoseok said while slowly walking away.

"Bye Mister cookie!" Jaehyun waved his little hands.

"Bye Jaehyun" I smiled at the little kid.

Irene stood there for a minute, eyeing me and maybe contemplating to go back to her family. But then she broke the silence.

"Is it alright?"

I nodded, still not saying anything. She slowly sits on the chair in front of me.

"I see you've got a nice place here." She said slowly, maybe first testing the situation.

I scoffed. "Just go straight to the point"

She gulped. "How are you Jungkook?"

"What do you think?" I mumbled not looking at her.

She sighed deeply. "Look Jungkook, I'm so sorry.."

I face her and glared my eyes at her, still keeping silent.

"It was my fault. It was all my fault you had been miserable. It was a stupid idea actually. An idea blinded by too much jealousy and desire for revenge." Her worried eyes slowly brimming with tears. "Taehyung and I...I know its too late and hard to believe but trust me, we never did it. I just set him up and took advantage of his drunken state, knowing he wouldn't notice anything and won't remember a thing. I was right though, when he woke up naked, he just easily believed that we had sex."

I clenched my jaw at that but remained still.

"I already knew I was six weeks pregnant at that time..with Hoseok's child. But I lied to everyone and even used Taehyung. I was scared and didn't know what to do, so I just continued what I started. When I saw you at the grocery store, I knew right then and there, I fucked up."

"Yes you did." I said, my tone as cold as ice. "Why?" I asked through clenched teeth.

She silently cleared her throat and wiped a stray tear. "Back in Daegu, H-hoseok cheated on me and made that slut pregnant. I was left dumbfounded...betrayed and hurt at the same time. I-i was scared because there was a possibility that he would leave me for her. I was a broken mess until he said he loved me and chose to stay with me. We moved here in Seoul like nothing happened. While I was being paranoid, he just pretended like everything's okay." She cleared her throat once again.

"When I found out I was pregnant, it was also the day I found out he was still keeping in touch with that woman and the child, hence our constant fighting and bickering. Until I lose it and did the things I did to you.

Taehyung wanted to rebuild his friendship with us Jungkook, he was always there and he knew our problems, except the fact that I was pregnant."

She bit her lower lip to stop it from trembling. "I wanted to hurt Hoseok for what he did. I want him to also experience the pain, so when I saw Taehyung, I took the opportunity to do it."

A tear started to fall on my cheek. All along Taehyung did nothing wrong. Guilt slowly crept my heart. We're both victims, only I was a coward and didn't held on.

He asked me to trust him, but I didn't. Could you blame me? I was so jealous at that time and was blinded by my own feeling of misery.

"After you left, he became a broken man. He wanted to chase you but had no choice since he need to leave for America that day. He even thought of not going anymore, but Namjoon convinced him."

She paused to wipe her tears and took a deep breath.

"He wanted me to go to U.S. with him and do a DNA test after I give birth. But then, I was overcome with guilt and I still love Hobi, so I decided to tell everyone everything and apologize. Hobi and I flew to the States together, and telling Taehyung wasn't a pretty cool scene actually." She sighed once again.

"Jungkook, I know its too late, but I want to apologize for everything. I'm sorry I broke you and Taehyung. I'm so sorry.." She sobbed and hung her head low.

I place my hand on top of hers and her head snap up, her tear stricken face was pleading.

"It happened already, and we cannot change it. Just..please don't do it again" I said for what seemed like a long time.

She moved to hug me but I raised my hands to stop her and mumbled "don't."

"I understand." As she halted her actions.

"You should go now. Your family's waiting for you."

"Ah yeah. Uhm.. Thankyou Jungkook."

She slowly walk away but turned back as she remembered something. "Taehyung still loves you, you know. When he comes back, never let him go again." And she continues to walk away.

Realizing that I already arrived at the cafe and am now standing in front of the establishment, I shook my head to return to reality. I walk inside sighing, mentally telling myself to forget everything for the mean time, walk to the counter and start the day ahead.

"Morning Kookie!" I saw Jimin poking out his head from the storage area door and gave me an eye smile.

"Morning hyung" I smiled. The crew then started greeting me one by one, at the same time, customers started coming in. As time passes, everyone became busy.

When afternoon came, I decided to check inventories and other paper works. I went to sit and placed my Caramel Macchiato at my usual table at the corner (I decided to make it as the owner's table where I do paper stuffs) and get started. I was in the middle of calculating when I heard someone clears his throat.

"E-ehem!"

A bit annoyed by the sudden interruption, I scan the area and my eyes landed on Jaehyun standing before me.

"Hello Mister Cookie!" He smiled and waved at me.

"Jaehyun! What are you doing here?" I asked as I was a bit surprised at his appearance.

"Just going to buy cookies again, Mister Cookie."

I chuckled at the kid. "Call me Kookie hyung."

"Okay Kookie hyung" he then eyed the empty chair before me.

"Do you wanna sit down? and by the way, who are you with?" I ask, concerned about the little boy wandering around the place.

He shook his head side to side, indicating that he's not sitting down. "I came here with Daddy and we were just about to leave. I came to check on you."

I chuckled again at the boy's words and ruffled his hair. He's so smart for his age. "Why thank you Jaehyun, but hyung is a grown up man now and he can take care of himself."

He giggled and eyed the chair again. "Are you waiting for someone hyung?"

I was taken aback by the kid's words and went speechless for a second.

"Huh? W-why?" I stuttered and remembered someone I've been longing to see.

He kept on giggling until his father called him to go home.

"Nothing hyung, I was just making sure." He giggled again until he covered his mouth with his tiny hands, as if stopping himself.

Hoseok came to us with a smile and crouched down to whisper something in his ear. The cute boy giggled loudly while nodding.

"Sorry for my son, Jungkook, he's just always excited about something." Hoseok said.

"It's okay. It was nice talking to this cute fluff ball again." I ruffled Jaehyun's hair one last time.

"Let's go Jae?" Hoseok held the little boy's hand and stood up.

"Bye Kookie hyung!"

They walk out the cafe, with the little boy jumping up and down while shouting "I'm soo excited to tell him!"

I smiled at the scene and felt relaxed talking to the little child again. He's like a sunshine to everybody, just like his father.

I pull out my earphones and plug it to my phone. 'The Man Who Can't be Moved' started to play again since it is on repeat.

From time to time, I would sip at my drink while my eyes would drift to the door. I don't know why, but I find myself doing it since the cafe opened. It's hard to admit that my heart still yearns for a certain someone wearing ripped shirts and baggy pants.

Everyday, I'm like this, waiting for someone who I know won't be coming back. Someone who
doesn't even think about me. Someone who probably hates me.

Nevertheless, longing and regret engulfs me like a blanket. Every night, my dreams consists of him and his whole being.

Long slender legs and gentle hands.
Expressive eyes and tanned skin.
That little mole on the tip of that pointy nose.
And that deep voice..

I shook my head rather harshly, cursing a bit when I realized I had been zoning out. I quickly went back to work and forced myself to concentrate again at the papers before me.

An hour passed and my work is nearly done, I stretch my arms and close my eyes for awhile, listening to the beat of the music.

'Cause if one day you wake up and find that you're missing me
And your heart starts to wonder where on this earth I could be

I hear the door opening, but I still didn't dare open my eyes. I was enjoying the music actually, since I can somewhat relate to it. I am the 'Man' in the song who waits for the person he loves but never came back. I am waiting for him at the exact same spot where we first met years ago.

Thinking maybe you'll come back here to the place that we'd meet
And you'll see me waiting for you on the corner of the street
So I'm not moving, I'm not moving...

Maybe this is my fate: to be at the place where all our bittersweet moments were made, the place that witnessed how our love grew, bloomed and wilt like a flower. Does he even think about me? Probably not.

Faint footsteps were heard approaching my place. I furrowed my brows since no one ever dared to sit at my table and my spot is far from everyone, so I slowly open my eyes to see.

oh well, am I dreaming?

I can see him. He was slowly walking towards me.

Long slender legs and gentle hands.
Expressive eyes and tanned skin.

Just like in my dreams..

I can feel the familiar beating of my heart once again. For a long time, I can feel it come alive.

And just like the first time we'd met, his brown orbs met my dark ones.

There he is, Kim Taehyung with all his glory, standing in front of me while staring intensely at my eyes.

That little mole on the tip of that pointy nose.
And that deep voice..

"Can I sit with you?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 6.9K 29
[ 𝐏𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝟒 ] Published: June 2022 Completed: July 2022
148K 5K 25
Taehyung is heartbroken after seeing Jungkook cheat on him. Things get worse when he sees someone he never wanted to see again.
147K 7K 38
"It was just a mistake Jimin, I'm sorry" "You can't tell me you didn't feel anything!" Where two boys fall in love, but one keeps denying it. (BTS EX...
45.9K 3.3K 15
a taekook short story ❤