The Heir

By applepie234

Bianca doesn't know it yet, but she is the last descendant of her legendary family. When she meets the myster... More

Chapter 1 (The break-up)
Chapter 2 (About 30 versions)
Chapter 3 (Dark secrets)
Chapter 4 (Finn's Mansion)
Chapter 5 (Tell me your secret)
Chapter 6 (Kidnapped)
Chapter 7 (Vegas, baby!)
Chapter 8 (When there's a fight...)
Chapter 9 (Stitch him up)
Chapter 10 (Stuck)
Chapter 11 (Road trip)
Chapter 12 (Mystery man)
Chapter 13 (Doorway to heaven)
Chapter 14 (New boyfriend)
Chapter 15 (Just a prank)
Chapter 16 (Hero to the rescue)
Chapter 17 (Winter party)
Chapter 18 (Healed completely)
Chapter 19 (The picnic)
Chapter 21 (Double+1 date)
Chapter 22 (Behind the killings)
Chapter 23 (February the 14th)
Chapter 24 (Babies)
Chapter 25 (Skype'n)
Chapter 26 (Getting upset)
Chapter 27 (The only chance)
Chapter 28 (Confidential)
Chapter 29 (Your highness)
Chapter 30 (Die alone)
Chapter 31 (Honeybuns)
Chapter 32 (Something I gotta know)
Chapter 33 (Family reunion part 1)
Chapter 34 (Family reunion part 2)
Chapter 35 (Together at last)

Chapter 20 (New years)

199 3 0
By applepie234

Chapter 20

The guys took their seats across from us and Finn lit the candles lined up in the middle of the table. Sandra and I both took a bite of the chicken when Zack asked: “Did you like it?”

Sandra nodded, “ it’s delicious.”

“We both have a lot of hidden talents,” Finn winked, “That you don’t know about, yet.”

I looked down at my plate of food, hoping Finn wouldn’t notice me blushing. He still noticed.

“Aww, look at that, you’re blushing.” He pointed out, which of course made me blush even more. I looked at Sandra for help.

“So, Finn, tell me about yourself.” Sandra changed the topic.

Zack and I exchanged uneasy glances. Sandra didn’t know the whole supernatural secret yet, and we didn’t plan to tell her anytime soon.

Finn, like always, was calm and collected: “Well, my name is Finn Wesley, I’m 17. I enjoy long walks on the beach and frisky women,” he grinned as his finished.

Sandra smiled, “I can see that,” she drawled out. “How about you tell me something that I don’t already know. Do you have any brothers or sisters or anything?”

Finn frowned for a moment before he regained his composure. “No, I don’t have any brothers or sisters,” he paused and took a deep breath. : It’s just me and my uncle, Sebastian. When I was little, both my parents told my uncle to take care of me and left. They never came back.” Finn stared blankly at the red candle in front of him.

Finn’s parents....... left him? He never told me anything about his past or family.

When I glanced over at Sandra, she looked close to tears. “Finn, I’m sorry, I didn’t mean-“

“No, it’s fine. What’s done is done; there’s nothing I can do to change the past,” Finn interjected.

The rest of the meal passed quickly and silently. Zack tried to make some jokes about the new year, but none of us were in the mood to guess his punch lines. We were thinking about Finn, but we didn’t say anything out loud.

“Guys,” Finn said, breaking the silence. He stood up from his seat and collected our empty plates, “I  know you all are quietly brooding about my tragic life, but seriously, it’s no big deal. I happened a while ago, I don’t even remember the story.” Finn assured us.

Sandra, Zack and I exchanged nervous glances and I let out a long sigh. Finn came over to me and gave me a bear hug. “Don’t worry about me,” he whispered.

He kissed my cheeks softly and went to load the dishwasher.

“Do you think he’s mad at me?” Sandra asked worriedly.

Zack slung an arm around Sandra’s shoulder and said: “He’s not mad at you, trust me. It’s just a touchy subject for him. He’ll be back to the old Finn before you know it.”

“Are you sure?” Sandra looked really worried.

“I’m sure,” Zack replied. “We have a few hours until midnight. Do you ladies want to watch something on TV?”

“Sure,” we answered simultaneously.

Zack led us to the living room, where two leather couches and a recliner were set up in front of a huge plasma screen TV. Zack handed me the remote. “You two can choose, I’m up for anything.”

Sandra and I glanced at each and shouted: “Chick flick marathon!”

“Fine, “Zack groaned. He and Sandra sat together on one couch and I sat alone on the other.

Five minutes into the incredibly cheesy predictable movie, Finn joined me on the couch and slipped an arm around me and said: “Chick flick, really?”

I chuckled and nodded. “Yes, really.”

“How about we ditch this crappy movie and go to my room to have some..... fun?” he smirked and raised his eyebrows suggestively.

There’s the old Finn we know and love.

“Is that a yes....?” Finn trailed off.

“Finn, that’s a no.”

“Are you sure?” he winked, “I have a VERY open mind.”

I shoved him lightly, “Finn, seriously.”

“Finn,” he huffed and pulled me closer to him.

------------------------------------

2 hours later, when Sandra and I were bawling our eyes out because of the sappy ending of the movie, Finn and Zack were given the difficult task of comforting us.

“Shhh, its okay, Bianca, “Finn said soothingly. “It’s just a movie.”

“But- but he died at the end!” I sniffled.

“I would be surprised if he didn’t.” Finn replied with a smile.

Whenever Finn smiled, I couldn’t help but smile back at him. “Thanks, Finn.” I wiped my eyes with the sleeve of my seather.

“Thanks for what?” Finn raised an eyebrow.

I kissed him on the lips in response.

A grin crept onto his face, “Well, in that case....” he trailed off, kissing me back.

“Keep it in your pants! Finn!” exclaimed Zack.

Finn chuckled at the comment. He let go of me and turned back to the movie.

“It’s almost midnight!” Sandra announced.

The four of us hurried over the window, where we had a great view of Times Square.

Some singer was performing the last song of the year. A big screen was displaying the time till midnight. People screamed and shouted when there were only 30 seconds left.

“10,” counted Zack when it got to the last 10 seconds.

“9,” the rest of us joined him.” 8....7....6....5....4....3....2....1!”

We all watched as the blue crystal ball dropped and fireworks exploded in the clear night sky. People cheered below us and set off more colorful fireworks.

“Wow,” I breathed,” It’s beautiful.”

Finn’s gaze averted to me, “you’re beautiful.” He whispered with a genuine smile on his face.

I looked down shyly. Finn gently put a finger under my chin and lifted it back up so he could plant a kiss on my lips.

My first kiss in the New Year. It was with Finn, not the bad-ass Finn, though. The REAL Finn who had a cute dimple when he smiled. The Finn who I was in love with.

“Awww!” squealed Sandra, “You guys are adorable!”

I felt my cheeks turn to a bright shade of red “Thanks.”

“You know what they say about adorable couples?” Finn whispered in my ear, “They make adorable babies.”

I nearly choked to death on his comment. In order to make babies, you’ll have to.....

 “I agree, “Zack said, interrupting my thoughts. “You two are a cute couple.”

Sandra yawned, “I’m tired Zacky-pooh. Let’s go to bed.”

I also had to bite my bottom lip to keep from bursting out laughing at Zack’s new nickname. Zack shot us both death glares and took Sandra’s hand.

“Let’s go.” He said sweetly to Sandra.

Finn and I both burst out laughing, “Zacky-pooh.”

“Shut up!”

They went upstairs.

“I guess it’s just you and me now.” Finn said as he smiled salaciously. “What should we do on a beautiful New Year’s eve?” his tone of voice implied he already had a few...... activities in mind.

“Sleep.” I blurted out. I wasn’t tired at all, but I sure as hell wasn’t ready for things Finn wanted to do.

Finn seemed taken aback by my answer. “Sure, Bianca, if that’s what you really want to do.”

I nodded vigorously and Finn led me to his room. It was smaller than the one in Amityville. But it was much cleaner.” A few movie posters were taped on the wall over his king-sized bed. There were a closet, and office desk and chair.

“Do you want to borrow one of my shirts to sleep in?” Finn asked awkwardly.

“Sure.”

Finn opened his closet and pulled out an oversized T-shirt off a hanger. He tossed me the shirt and I caught it single-handed. “Thanks.”

“No problem, I gonna take a shower. Feel absolutely free to join me.” He winked and walked to the bathroom across the hall.

I rolled my eyes. I tugged off my jeans and T-shirt and threw on Finn’s shirt, which went up to about the middle of my thighs. I climbed into Finn’s cozy bed and tried to sleep, but I couldn’t.

I was still awake by the time Finn came back from his suspiciously long shower. I pretended to sleep as he walked in the room. Opening my eyes a little to peak, he opened his closet again in his towel and took out boxers, flannel pajama pants and a shirt. He went back to the bathroom once again.

Finn returned a few minutes later, dry and dressed- except for his wet hair. He crawled into the bed beside me. “I know you’re not sleeping,” he whispered.

I rolled over to face him, I was surprised by the proximity between us. Our faces were only inches apart. Finn smiled one of his infectious dimple-showing smiles and I grinned back. He leaned in for a kiss when I suddenly rolled back to face the other side.

“Hey!” he protested, pulling my shoulders back.

I giggled and rolled back to him. He tucked a lock of hair behind my ear and said: “Good night, Bianca.” He gave me a gentle kiss on the lips.

Somehow, I fell asleep in Finn’s arms. Just as I was drifting off into a placid slumber, I heard Finn whisper softly, “Happy Mew Years, Bianca. I love you.”

---------------------------------------------

When I woke up in the morning, Finn wasn’t on the bed beside me. I sat up and stretched. The clock showed it was 9 in the morning. I shuffled into the kitchen, where Finn was flipping bacon and cooking scrambled eggs.

“Good morning,” I SAID SLEEPILY AND TOOK A SEAT AT THE KITEN TABLE.

“Morning,” Finn replied and came to me with a plate filled with muffins and grilled cheese sandwiches. He was fully changed with jeans and a zipped up leather jacket. “Here, have some breakfast.”

“Where are Zack and Sandra?” I asked and grabbed a blueberry muffin from the plate. “Are they sleeping or something?”

“Or something.” Finn chuckled and poured me some coffee.

Right on the cue, Zack and Sandra sauntered into the kitchen, their arms around each other. Zack was in his PJs and Sandra was wearing a nig hokey jersey. Their hair was messy from sleep.

“Do I smell bacon?” Zack asked and hurried to the frying pans.

“Sandra laughed at him and greeted us: “Good morning!”

Finn took a seat beside me while Zack came back with plates of bacon and eggs.

“So how was your night?” Zack asked with a mouth full of bacon.

“Very productive.” Finn answered mischievously.

I leaned over and shoved him playfully, “in your dreams.”

“Yeah,” Finn said casually, “But only in the wet ones.” he winked.

Zack burst out laughing, which made him end up choking on bacon.

“Zacky-pooh!” Sandra asked worriedly, “Are you alright?” she patted him on the back lightly.

He coughed a few times, “Yeah, I’m fine.” Zack grinned. “Finn, your dirty jokes never cease to please, even though I almost died choking because of them.”

He held out a fist in front of Zack and Zack fist-bumped it.

Sandra and I just sat there, watching them. After we all finished our breakfast, Sandra offered to wash the dishes, and Zack went to take a shower.

“How’d you liked the New Year’s?” he asked for my opinion.

“I didn’t like it.” I joked, but kept a serious face.

He frowned slightly at my response.

“I actually loved it!” I gave up the joke and grinned at him.

Finn’s face lit up. “Glad to hear that.”

“Finn, did you put glue in my shampoo?” Zack yelled from the bathroom, interrupting our moment.

Finn doubled over, laughing. “Revenge is a bitch!” He shouted back.

I chuckled, remembering the time Zack put honey in Finn’s shampoo.

“So what was your favourite part?”  Finn inquired, snapping me back to reality.

I shrugged, “I don’t have a favourite, they were all sweet.”

“I know what my favourite part was,” Finn replied, taking a few steps closer to me.

“What?”

“When I knew for sure that I loved you.” He said with his blue eyes staring at me.

I stared blankly at him for a moment before I drifted in my thoughts. Finn loved me? I’ve assumed but now I know is true. I smiled to myself.

“Bianca! Are you okay?” Finn grabbed my shoulders tightly, “You don’t look so good.”

He shook me a couple of times and continued: “If you are going to faint, I’m gonna have to do CPR, which includes mouth-to-mouth.” He smirked.

I took a deep breath and said: “I’m fine.”

We went upstairs when he tossed me a new set of my cloths, “Get dressed, we’re going soon.”

I nodded and caught my jeans and sweater in mid-air. I just stood there, hoping he would notice that he shouldn’t be in the same room with a girl when they’re changing, but he doesn’t seem to understand. In fact, he even walked to the bed and started folding the blankets.

“Aren’t you gonna go?” I asked.

“Why? Where?” he finished folding the sheets and looked up at me. He saw me holding the clothes and understood what I was talking about.

“Zack is using the bathroom, Sandra is done the dishes and she’s in the living room, where should I go?” He asked and smiled, “I might as well just stay here.”

I sighed, “Fine. Turn around.” I ordered. He rolled his eyes and spun around on the spot.

As I changed as fast as I could, he started talking. “I don’t know what you’re so embarrassed about; I can tell that you look pretty sexy without anything on.

“Finn!”

“Just telling my girlfriend the truth.”

I slipped in my socks and went to drag him downstairs. “Come on! Zack and Sandra are probably ready to go!”

Continue Reading