Wind of hope {FMA OC fanficti...

By All_in_Art

The world where I am born is cruel. My country, this so small country, Amestris, is leaded by war, in hope pe... More

Prologue
Human transmutation
Chapter 1 : I want to die...
Chapter 2 : Meeting the Elric brothers
Chapter 3 : Avoiding an expected humiliation
Chapter 4 : I am not strong
Religion ; a reason to live?
Chapter 5 : The town in the East
Chapter 6 : More than you can imagine
Chapter 7 : The scars in our heart
Chapter 8 : Soulless
Home
Chapter 9 : The mines village
Chapter 10 : I watch you
Chapter 11 : New horizons
Dog of the army
Chapter 12 : Quick departure
Chapter 13 : Mysterious encounter
Chapter 14 : Hurricane
Side story : A first mission (Special Valentine's Day)
Chapter 15 : Train ride
Chapter 17 : The truth behind the truth
Family
Chapter 18 : Welcome to Resembool
Chapter 19 : Aware of myself
Chapter 20 : The trap is slowly closing...
Chapter 21 : The secret of the Stone
Chapter 22 : A coin, two sides
Quick note
Chapter 23 : Forever, goodbye...

Chapter 16 : Prelude to a new departure

104 11 20
By All_in_Art

I sat uncomfortably on the chair, looking at Edward and Alphonse. They were badly hurt.... I didn't even realize how broken the younger brother was; I hoped they could gather all of the pieces... For Edward, well.... His arm literally disappeared and he was bruised everywhere. Scar was strong. Too strong. Alphonse looked at me while his brother was sleeping. I gave him a small smile.

-Once again, I'm glad you're alive.... I muttered not to wake Edward up.

-I'm happy too... We really thought we would die...

-But still, this man... Scar... I'm scared we might fight against him again in the future.

-We might, but for now, we're alive, he shrugged it off.

I nodded and got lost in my thoughts, staring at the white wall. Roy had to leave for urgent matters right after the fight so I couldn't tell him anything. However, he specifically said he wanted details about my trip to Central tonight, and I knew there wasn't any way to escape... I just hoped he would kill me quickly after that, it would hurt less. I surprised myself suddenly thinking about Mister Claude. I was kind of missing him, even if we only met once. Well, he told me we would meet again, there was no reason he didn't keep his promise right? I sighed slightly and put my head in my hands, looking at the clock. Outside, it was night, the lights of East City were weakly shining and it was a new moon, so no natural light. I yawned, my eyelids suddenly feeling heavy, heavy...

-Stop this cat!! someone shouted.

I opened my eyes all at one and stood up. Edward seemed to be disturbed because he groaned in his sleep and immediately started snoring again... Alphonse gave me a strange look.

-I'll go check, I declared going out of the room.

There, I saw doctors and nurses running, a broomstick in the hands, in the corridors. I guessed there was a cat, not too far from here, so I stopped a woman.

-Can I help you? I asked her.

-Sure! Animals are not allowed here, they may cause allergies or bring bacteria!

-Alright, let's stop it quickly then, I smiled before following the group.

I really didn't know how to catch a cat, I could only hope alchemy would be okay against it... Then, I saw it, in the middle of a corridor. It was... It was the cat in the train! Seriously, why is it everywhere near me?! I sighed and crossed my arms, walking toward him.

-Now now, your mistress won't be happy to learn about your little escapade... I lectured him.

It hissed at me, showing me its teeth, before jumping in my arms and resting his head on my right one. I truly needed a cat dictionary... I patted its head and turned around to face the medical team.

-I know it, we've met countless times, I told them, I'll try to bring him back to its owner.

-Great! It seemed to recognize you, fortunately for us! Thank you young miss, an old doctor thanked me.

-You're welcome, i replied heading out of the hospital.

Once there, I looked at the cat. Where was its mistress? I put it down, sighing.

-You must go back to your mistress now... I don't know where she is though...

It gave me a long stare before disappearing in a bush in the park. I could only hope it understood what I said; I didn't want the woman to get worried over this black and stubborn cat... She too was scary, thinking about it... I sighed, sitting on a cold bench and staring at the night sky, before closing my eyes...

I woke up jumping when I felt something on my face. I couldn't see anything... It was... Hands? On my eyes?

-Who is it? a voice smirked behind me.

This voice...? A small smile drew on my lips.

-I don't know. Who can it be? I retorted.

-Aw, as nice as always.

The hands got removed, and, soon enough I was face to face with Mister Claude, with his usual stupid grin. I huffed and turned my head slightly, looking away.

-What excuse do you have for leaving me at the prom? I questioned him with an angry tone.

-None, my lady. That's why I beg you to forgive the poor man I am, he spoke, bending slightly in front of me, a hand on his heart.

I looked at him slightly, at his smirk. Then I rolled my eyes.

-I forgive you, moron.

-This kind of word does not suit your pretty face, if you want my opinion, he smiled sitting next to me.

I shrugged and smiled slightly at him.

-I wasn't expecting you in East City, Mister Claude. When did you arrive?

-I took the same train as you, I guess, he smirked.

How come I didn't see him then... Oh! Maybe was he in the first class wagon after all. Of course, a rich guy like him...

-Such a coincidence! How did you know I was in your train if you weren't even in my wagon? I tried to trick him.

Mister Claude only replied with a meaningful wink.

-Who knows?

I hated it when he was acting all mysterious and all... But I had to admit...

-I'm... kinda glad to see you again, I declared awkwardly.

He smiled, wrapping an arm around my shoulder as if it was normal. It was not idiot!!! I felt my body temperature raising, despite the cold wind. And that amused him!

-I'm glad too ~

Slowly, carefully not to hurt him, I grabbed his hand and removed myself from his grip, making his smirk grow even wider. Sometimes, I wondered if he was nice or scary... Suddenly, he got serious.

-I heard, about Scar and all. You'll leave soon right?

-Yes. I guess my friends want to get fixed after all.

-By the way, I only realize you have the same name as the Flame Alchemist. Are you-

-He's my brother, I cut him, that's it.

-I didn't mean to harm you in any way, Karen, he noted.

I felt uncomfortable as soon as he said my name. Did his voice have to be so... so... I don't know! So something?!

-Don't worry, I know that, I smiled sincerely.

I felt tired... I wanted to go back home to sleep... But I didn't want this moment to stop either.

-Do you want me to take you home? You seem exhausted, he proposed me.

I nodded, immediately agreeing.

-Sure thing! All I want now is my bed! I giggled.

-I guess so! You saw many things today...

I swore I heard him add something under his mouth, but I was too off to hear what. He gallantly offered his arm to me, so I gladly took it. We walked like that until his car. Then he drove me home.

-Thank you, I said once I was in front of the building, I hope... I hope we can see each other again, really.

-Oh so do I, so do I, he grinned.

I waved at him as he drove off, letting me alone in the street. I sighed slightly. I couldn't be happier.

//Hi everyone! I wanted to write something a little bit light before getting in the action! I hope you enjoyed it as much as Karen!!
Karen: w-what do you mean?!
Me: oh nothing!~ (*whispers* don't skip the bonus~)

Third POV

Two shadows stepped on the roof of a nearby building...

-Was this really needed? one of them asked.

-If I say so, the other one, a woman, replied.

-I hate playing this kind of guy! It's as if I'm getting myself dirty!

-The more she grows attached to you, the more we'll be able to manipulate her. And the more you'll be satisfied when you'll see her broken soul when she will finally realize who you truly are.

The first shadow looked at the woman, suspiciously, then shrugged.

-Was it a good idea to leave Gluttony in Liore and wasting time like this?

-You seem to doubt Envy. Don't forget we can either kill her now or use her till the end. After all, we already have all the sacrifices, she's only a bonus.

-You're the one in control, Lust. But Father never ordered such a thing, did he?

-Wrath told himself this could be interesting, we can have fun without Father telling us right?

-You may be right after all. We can have fun, the shadow smirked.

-For now, let's leave...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.1K 1.2K 25
~Rewrite and edit of this story is called Misery Looms.~ Mysterious murders had plagued Central for a couple of weeks and the military doesn't know w...
21K 481 29
This fic is about Ed and Envy coming together romantically because their differences, with a bit of problems along the way. They will eventually fin...
160K 5.4K 29
From the moment you were born, you were loved unconditionally. Your mother - the one who loved you and stood by you since day one. Your father - a st...
149K 5.8K 63
No one would call Sonia an ordinary teenage girl. She has no family left to speak of, was born with strange psychic powers, and is an improving alche...