The Heir's Pretend Girlfriend

By simplicity432

Shannon Richelieu just lived a normal teenage life with her mother at their Los Angeles apartment until her m... More

2 ✮ Gem Girl
3 ✮ I Can Be Tough Too
4 ✮ Fancy Champagne
5 ✮ You're a Handful [W i l l]
6 ✮ Bench Sleepover
7 ✮ Lock the Door
8 ✮ Taffy
9 ✮ Bloody Knuckle [W i l l]
10 ✮ Chicken Suits
11 ✮ Watered Soup
12 ✮ Kidnapping is Illegal
13 ✮ The Confession
14 ✮ Beach House Blues PART ONE [W i l l]
15 ✮ Beach House Blues PART TWO
16 ✮ Drunk in Love
17 ✮ Door Opening Classes
18 ✮ Snowshoe Bunnies
19 ✮ Outdoor Movies
12 ✮ Only the Butt of the Airforce One is Allowed [W i l l]
21 ✮ Is this Gouda Enough for you
22 ✮ Hijacking Cheesecakes
23 ✮ Home Sweet Apartment
24 ✮ The Greenhouse
25 ✮ Pancakes for the Growls
26 ✮ The Heir [W i l l]
27 ✮ Miss Worthington
28 ✮ Polo Tournament
29 ✮ Bathtubs are for Sleeping
30 ✮ The Shocking Reveal
31 ✮ The Scott Chandler Enlightenment

1 ✮ Wrong Restroom

31K 327 33
By simplicity432

Hi everyone! This is my very first story, so I hope you all like it. I'm sorry for all the mistakes, but I am human, so please be kind. Happy Reading 

*

*

"Good morning, Miss Richelieu."

I poked my head from underneath my satin pillows and gasped when I saw two maids gathered around my bed. I quickly sat up and tried to somewhat fix my very tangled, brown hair.

"Umm ... good morning?" I replied, shocked to see that there were two maids in front of my bed. I looked around pondering where I was until I remembered that my mom and I finally moved to Christopher's mansion in Beverly Hills.

And not just any Christopher. He was Christopher Vincent or otherwise known as THE Christopher Vincent, the two time Olympic gold medalist tennis player. My mom worked as a simple assistant to his coach, but I guess all those times she spent with him sprouted into a romantic rendezvous and then they got married. I couldn't blame her though, partly because dad left us to fend for ourselves a while back.

"Were you guys here the whole entire morning?" I asked.

"Oh no no no, Miss Richelieu, we just came here a few minutes ago to wake you up for breakfast." The maid with red hair spoke with a spontaneous pep and then she eyed the other maid to speak too.

"U-unless you want us to stay for the entire morning from now on?" The other maid with thick, black hair stammered in.

"No, no!" I quickly answered, getting up from my bed, "Honestly, I think I could just wake myself up from now on." They nodded their heads in unison and just stood there watching my every move. As I got up to brush my teeth, I could feel their glares following me and almost waiting for me to leave so they can clean my room.

'Okay, this is getting a bit creepy'

I was about to grab the door knob to get out when the maid with red hair beat me to it. She opened the door with a big smile. "Mister Vincent and Misses Richelieu are waiting for you downstairs at the dining hall."

I thanked her politely and hurried down the stairs before I could encounter another weird maid moment. Are these what rich people have to deal with every day? Maybe that's why they've grown so accustomed from the paparazzi always following them. Still, I could honestly say that I had never experienced such an awkward morning in my life before. This maid thing is something I definitely needed to get used to.

As I reached the dining hall, I could see my mom laughing at something my step dad said which made me smile. My mom hadn't been completely happy in a while (especially since my dad left us) and I was happy to sacrifice my life back in Los Angeles for her happiness. Even though, I was really missing my friends back home and even our cramped up apartment with all those pestering, old neighbors, I would give up anything for her. Besides, I liked Christopher and I thought he made my mom genuinely happy.

"So," I sat down next to my mom, "I now fully understand how Bella feels when Edward would watch her sleep at night."

"Well, you did ask for personal maids," My step-dad joked.

"I totally don't mind them cleaning my messy room, but I think I would wake up more peacefully knowing that I wasn't being watched."

Just then, a butler came out from the kitchen and handed me a plate full of eggs, bread, and pancakes. "We have prepared this for you this morning, Miss Richelieu." I licked my lips with pleasure as I began munching up the delicious food.

"See, I think it would take a bit to get used to this maid thing, but all this," I said in between bites, "I could most definitely get used to."

"Shannon!" My mom scowled at me, feeling embarrassed. She didn't want it to seem like we were taking advantage of all that Christopher has given us.

"No, Rachel, it's okay. I want Shannon to be able to use all the resources in this house to make her as comfortable as ever. Besides, we're a family now and this house belongs to us," He reached over to touch my mom's hand and smiled at her. She giggled happily and I just wanted to throw up all my eggs back on this plate. It's been about two years since they've been dating and I still couldn't get used to it.

"So, are you ready to start school at the famous Atriele Academy?" My mom asked, changing the subject, "You know it's ranked one of the most prestigious schools in the states." Although, it was depressing enough to start over at a new school for my senior year, I was pretty excited to attend one of the top schools just for the sole reason that it would help with my college applications. I could already see Princeton in my grasp.

Also, I was low-key excited to finally wear uniforms. I get so lazy dressing up at my old high school in Los Angeles that I undeniably recall a time when I wore sweats for a whole week.

"I'm feeling rather neutral," I answered straightforwardly, "Speaking of school, I was wondering if we could hit up the closest mall so I could buy a backpack since my old one is pretty worn up?"

"Oh, honey, we we're going to hit up the tennis courts today-"

"But, we would love to accompany you at the mall instead." Christopher interrupted.

"Hey, don't even worry about it," I smiled, "I've gone to the mall alone many times, this time isn't different." As much as I would love to have my mom come with me, I didn't want to intrude in their plans. I had to share my mom now.

"Well, if you are certain." Christopher said, "Henry, can you go ring up the chauffeur out front please."

"W-whoa, I have a chauffeur taking me to the mall?" I smiled in excitement. All this rich people stuff was making me so overwhelmed. How could I possibly get used to this when the most expensive thing I had before was a plain shirt from Urban Outfitters?

"Yes, I want to make sure you arrive safely to the mall and back."

"Well, alright then, tell the chauffeur that I'll be out in 10." I got up and hugged my mom and Christopher good-bye. My mom smirked at me, knowing that I was enjoying all of this a little too much.

*

After hours of searching for a backpack, I realized two things: that nothing at this mall could be bought with twenty dollars, except for maybe a keychain. MAYBE. And second, you stood out like a neon shirt when you're the only one not wearing designer clothes. Even the dogs were dressed in furry Louis Vuitton attire.

I soon gave up and decided to use my money for food instead.

As I was about to leave this boutique, a pair of sunglasses rolled down underneath the table beside me. I kneeled down to reach it, but I didn't realize how low the table was resulting in me hitting the top of my head on the table. I rubbed my head and realized that I crushed the sunglasses with my foot while struggling to get up. Oh, crap.

"Are you serious?" A boy appeared in front of me and took the glasses from my hands, "These glasses are expensive!"

"Oh I'm really sorry," I apologized and got up, "I'll buy you another pair of those sunglasses." I looked up at him and stared at him in awe. He looked just like one of those famous models in those magazines. His buff muscles were perfectly visible from his tight white button-down and his hair was combed at just at the right places.

"You can't find these sunglasses anywhere," He put the broken sunglasses in his back pocket and caught me staring at him, "These are one of a kind and clearly, you did not know that."

Offended, I exclaimed, "Oh sorry, I'm not one of those sunglasses enthusiasts. And my head is fine by the way." And to think I thought he was so good-looking.

He scowled. "Yeah, well maybe if you women, would stop staring at me, none of this would have happened." Are you serious with this conceited brat? Are all rich boys just as vain as this jerk?

"Um, for the record," I fought back, "there is nothing to stare at except your terrible personality, you conceited jerk." I fumed with anger as I walked away. This guy was unbelievable! Who did he think he was?

After that horrible conflict, I decided to gain back my peace by eating at this cowboy-themed restaurant across the boutique. I didn't want to run into that jerk of a guy again. The thought of him made me cringe with annoyance.

As I walked in, I noticed all the hostesses accompanying customers, so I waited patiently for one to come up to me.

"You!" I turned my head slightly, surprised that some girl was pointing at me from behind a partition. Man, can this mall trip get any weirder?

I pointed at myself confused. "Me?"

She approached me quick and came close to me, breaking the bubble of space. "You work here, right? So I need you to hide me right at this moment. No questions asked or else I'll ask my father to shut down this whole place!"

"U-um I don't- "

"Hide me now before he sees me!" She exclaimed urgently.

I looked down at my flannel which was similar to the flannel the workers were wearing and realized that she probably assumed that I worked here. I have to tell her the truth.

"I'm really sorry, but I-"

"Now!" She interrupted and maybe it was my first instinct, but I panicked, so I grabbed her arm and dragged her to the closest restroom and into a stall.

"Why didn't I think of the restroom in the first place," She sighed, talking to herself, "I just can't let him see me."

"Hi," I interrupted her thoughts and waved, "U-um, I just wanted to justify that I actually don't work here."

"Wait, what?" She looked at me questioningly, "Then why are you wearing that tacky green flannel that the waiters are wearing?"

"Well, this tacky green flannel-" I didn't get to finish because she put her hand over my mouth.

'All I hear are just two guys talking, what's the big deal?'

WAIT. GUYS WERE TALKING ... IN THE GIRL'S RESTROOM? Either those guys were in the wrong restroom or we were ... Yeah, I totally winced when I saw those urinals at the side.

"Dude, did you see Opaline?" The girl beside me flinched and I presumed that they were talking about her since she eased closer to the stall door.

"Yeah, I don't know why I even dated that girl. She was worthless. I just dated her because I knew her dad owned half of the restaurants in Beverly and I wanted some discounts." He snickered. I was almost sick to my stomach that these people would even have the gut to even talk about this in private. I was getting real tired of all these damn rich boys already! I hated how they thought they were so much better than everyone. I could see Opaline next to me trembling and trying to stop herself from crying. I didn't even know this girl, but I somehow knew in my heart, that she was not worthless.

I walked out of the stall and the two boys turned around, shocked that there was a girl in the men's restroom.

"You know what I really hate," I took a step in front of them, "Stupid, little rich boys who think they can get anything they want just by being so good-looking and charming. Well, let me tell you something. That girl you were talking about is far from being worthless when you pathetic losers are in here talking about how selfishly you used her. So instead of being such jerks, why don't you guys just date some rich therapists' daughter so you could receive discounts on therapy sessions because I think you both need all the help you can get!"

The two boys just looked at me angrily and speechless. One of them was about to say something, but stopped and motioned the other boy to get going.

"You're telling us that we need therapy sessions when you're the one here in the men's restroom." The boy snickered and slammed the bathroom door shut.

"Well, it really should be the women's restroom with you girls hanging around here!" I yelled back at him even though he closed the door already. These guys here at Beverly Hills are unbearable! Man, I couldn't tell if my anger just accumulated from the guy at the boutique or I just suddenly grew balls, because I would've never done that before. Nevertheless, it was already a bad start here at Beverly Hills.

"Thanks." I heard a soft voice from behind me and I got startled, almost forgetting that I dragged that girl in with me to the men's restroom, "I don't even know you, but you did that for me." She smiled.

"Well, there's always a first for everything." I breathed.

We walked outside the restaurant and she pulled out her hand, "I'm Opaline. Opaline Sinclair. Daughter of the Sinclair Chain Restaurants."

I shook her hand and laughed at how official she was. Is this how rich people greeted each other? "Um, I'm Shannon Richelieu. Daughter of my mom and dad?"

"Oooh, are they famous?"

"Um, not really," I laughed as we sat at a nearby bench.

"Really?" She pondered for a moment, "So I'm guessing you don't live around here?" Only rich, rich people lived in this area so she probably thought I was just visiting Beverly Hills.

"Actually, I do." I sighed, "Long story short, my mom remarried to Christopher-"

"Christopher Vincent!" Her eyes widened, "Oh my gosh, my family and him are such good friends. You must be the daughter he was talking about at the last party!"

"T-that's me," I assumed. I didn't know Christopher talked about me to his friends.

"Oh my goodness, so you're the new gem!"

"Excuse me?" I looked at her confused.

"A new gem is someone that doesn't inherit wealth through blood, but by marriage or other situations. Wow, I haven't actually met a new gem around my age in such a long time. It's so rare!" She took my hands and her eyes widened. I stared at her, frightened that she was going to eat me up from her excitement.

"Oh my gosh," She continued, "We're going to be the best of friends. You're going to Atriele Academy, I assume? It's such an amazing school and I can introduce you to all my friends and show you all the good clubs around and-" She took a breath from talking way too fast.

I started to laugh and thanked the heavens that I wouldn't be alone at my new school tomorrow. I just hope that those stupid guys I encountered today (Especially the one at the boutique) weren't going to be at Atriele Academy, but just in case, I turned around and knocked the wooden bench.

"Knock on wood." I thought.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 36.5K 54
"What you said hurt, asshole. What did you think would happen?" I yell in his face. I'm so angry that I could most definitely shove his face into the...
9K 279 19
"𝘈𝘯𝘥 𝘵𝘩𝘢𝘵'𝘴 𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘪𝘵 𝘸𝘰𝘳𝘬𝘴..." Aru is pissed. First of all, she's going on a date she doesn't want to go on. Then she got stood up on...
107K 2.2K 27
" they'll know we're faking if I'm not kissing or touching my girlfriend, dumbass " - Miles and Diana. Two best friends ever since child's legs. Wit...
Always ✔ By KIRA

Teen Fiction

286K 11.6K 51
[COMPLETED] Logan and I were the nerds of Whitney High but it's not like we cared. I was his other half and he was mine. Best friends - we called ea...