My Little Mate (The Silver Li...

由 BellaDemont

After everything that has happened to the Coltrane family you would think they would have suffer enough but t... 更多

the Coltrane twins
cast
a new era
a new era [II]
history repeating itself
making a scene
an unexpected trip
introduction at its finest
she is perfect
a missing man
Mr. Lucas Boyette
double trouble
double trouble [II]
a past
battle wounds
battle wounds [II]
rivals
rivals [II]
rogues
rogues [II]
exposed
exposed [II]
exposed [III]
bruised
vexed
a broken doll
recovery [I]
recovery [II]
his little angel [I]
his little angel [II]
the true alpha here [I]
the true alpha here [II]
the true alpha here [III]
pack & family [I]
pack & family [II]
I didn't sign up
sweet lies
momma bear [I]
momma bear [II]
the aftermath [I]
the aftermath [II]
thick skin [II]
lightweight [I]
lightweight [II]
worth the fairy-tale ending
epilogue: worth the wait

thick skin [I]

1.3K 55 6
由 BellaDemont

Dawn's dress and hair:

Harmony's hair and dress:

Harmony's P.O.V

I gave a small laugh as Dawn and I descended the stairs, even though I hadn't mentioned a word about what had happened in the morning I knew that Braden had commented this to his parents and Dawn for she and his mom spend the afternoon helping me get ready and cheer me up; they had nearly made me forget about the sour moment I had gone through with the man I once believed was my father. They had made me forget about it and actually look forward for the prom, something I promise and swore I would never do, I wasn't those type of girls that would fantasize about having this perfect magical night but for once it seemed like I could take that for granted for it seemed like this was what I would have tonight, I nudged Dawn who was currently fumbling with the skirts of her dress to see what I was staring at, at the bottom of the stairwell near the entrance stood Lucas and Braden, both dressed in dark suits but none of that had been what I found amusing but rather the fact that both Braden and Lucas were helping each other fix their ties, I met Dawn's gaze before she bit her lip and nudged me trying to bite back her laughter.

"You guys look so cute, I wasn't aware that you were each other's dates." Dawn said in a small mocking tone before pulling out her phone and snapping a picture of them together.

"Dawn, seriously-." Braden growled in an annoyed tone as they turned around before the words died in his lips.

"Wow." Lucas said as they looked at us, their eyes were filled up with awe and admiration, or at least that's what I'd like to believe for I had spent most of the afternoon being poked at by Dawn and Mrs. Coltrane.

"You took the words out of my mouth." Braden said as he met my gaze and fixed his jacket.

Dawn had hunted down the perfect dresses for the both of us, although I had been skeptical about it first going to the prom now seemed a very good idea especially when I was dressed for the part, Mrs. Coltrane had fixed my hair in a simple half up do with a headpiece, I wore a blue tulle dress, it had a high waist and a V-neck, I nearly looked like a fairy, at least it did feel like I was in a fairytale. As for Dawn with her long hair in soft curls and half high ponytail and an off-the-shoulder blush nude ballgown she was in for stealing the show, for someone who was denying to not care, I knew for a fact that tonight Dawn was going to take the crown.

"Well guys, are you both going to stand there gawking at us like idiots or are we going to get this party started?" Dawn asked with a smirk before we got near them.

"Shall we?" Braden asked as he offered me his arm and I nodded taking his hand.

"Let's go." I said in a soft voice as I took a couple of steps but Braden stayed glued to the floor as he looked at me worried.

"Are you okay?" Braden asked as he looked at me intently, he was currently studying me under his strong green-eyed gaze while his sister and Lucas headed outside oblivious to the rest of the world, including us.

I looked at him confused before I nodded slowly.

"Yes, why do you ask?" I said as I looked up and felt how the light caught in my eyes.

"You're shaking." Braden said as he motioned my hands before I tightly gripped the fabric of his sleeve.

"I'm fine." I said smoothly as I took a deep breath and kept a blank expression.

"Are you sure? Red, if you want to stay we can do that." Braden said and I shook my head immediately.

"No, please, I really want to go, besides both your mom and Dawn helped me get ready, I would hate to see all their efforts go to waste." I said as I gestured my dress hoping that Braden would believe me.

Braden met my gaze and nodded.

"If you say so, but if you don't feel okay just say the words and we'll come back. But you're right, you look dashing as always, but tonight you look like an angel." Braden said as he brought my hands up to his lips and he brushed a soft kiss before he met my gaze.

I smiled at him hoping that he would believe me, that he wouldn't see it. That although I wore a perfect smile in my face I was breaking in the inside.

"Hey are you okay?" Dawn asked as she nudged me softly, I looked away from the small size replica of the Eiffel Tower and met her gaze.

"I am, why do ask?" I said as I bit the inside of my cheek.

"You've been spacing out all day, I called your name like five times but you didn't answer me." Dawn said as she looked at me worried.

I gave her a small smile.

"I'm fine, I just have to many things in my mind tonight." I said as I played with my necklace as I looked around and laughed at Lucas who was currently bobbing his head to the music while doing weird gestures with his arms, gestures that were aimed to us.

"Did you get the letter from the school?" Dawn asked me and I nodded, she was the only one that knew about it, and I was planning on keeping it like that for a while.

"Yes, they have accepted me." I said as I met her gaze and Dawn smiled at me.

"That's great Harmony, I'm proud of you, you worked your butt off for that scholarship." Dawn said as she hugged me and I gave a sigh.

"Thank you, but I can't find the heart to tell Braden about it." I said as I hugged her back tightly before I pulled away.

Dawn looked at me puzzled frowning by what I had just said.

"Why? Do you think this would be something bad? That he would take it the wrong way? Harmony, you're going to University, in the same state, and it's not even that far from here. It's not like you're leaving him, are you?" Dawn asked ending with a small smirk making me roll my eyes at her.

"It's not that Dawn, I overheard Braden on the phone the other night, he spoke to someone about starting a family already, I know that as an Alpha having kids it's one of the most important things. I'm just not sure if I'm ready to be a mom for the matter." I confessed as I looked at her.

Dawn met my gaze before she gave a small chuckle.

"You have nothing to worry about Harmony, sure having an heir is important for an Alpha but it is not as important as keeping his pack and Luna happy, and keeping you from becoming the Vet you want to be is not something Braden would ever do; besides our parents already spoke with us. My mom had Braden and I when she was almost nineteen, she struggled with us, the pack and school, so both Braden and I promised that we wouldn't have any kids until we were married and settled down, and to do such thing we would have to go to college and graduate, after this Braden will have school and the pack to handle, you will have to go to school as well in order to become a veterinarian and I do believe that adding a baby to all of that not only will complicate things for you but Braden as well. He will understand, so don't worry. On the contrary, I feel like he will be relieved." Dawn said as she smiled at me caringly.

"What about you, have you and Lucas talked about it?" I asked Dawn as she frowned slightly before she laughed.

"Well, to talk about having babies you need to have sex first, something Lucas and I haven't, yet at least. I want to wait until we're married, I know you and Braden were together because you were carried by the heat in the moment, but with everything that has happened with Lucas, I believe that would be the last thing in our minds, well in occasions because sometimes I do wonder." Dawn said trailing off as she started to blush making me chuckle.

"Um, Dawn I was asking about school." I said laughing making her blush even more, the once slight pink shade in her cheeks was now deep red.

"Oh, that, um, silly me...Lucas is going in to take over his father's business now that his uncle is gone, I'm attending the community college since I still have no idea what I want but I was accepted in the dance academy I applied, and since I will be moving in with Lucas soon the academy will be closer to his place rather than here." Dawn said as she talked about the academy excitedly, I knew how much she loved to dance and Dawn should really pursue a career as a dancer.

"There you are, have you been hiding from me all night long?" Braden asked as he came from behind wrapping his arms around me pulling me into his chest.

"Maybe." I said with a twinkle of mischief as Dawn winked at us before she walked towards Lucas and pulled him away from the dance floor so he would stop embarrassing himself.

"Now what have I done to deserve such cold behavior from you Red, your words wound me." Braden said as he pulled me closer and I laughed.

"I've been looking at everything they did tonight, I do truly feel that I am in the magic streets of Paris." I said as I once again looked in awe at all the decoration they had tonight.

"Maybe one night we will kiss in front of the real Eiffel Tower, but for now this will do." Braden said before he turned me around and crushed his lips against mine.

I wrapped my arms around his neck as he pulled me closer, I tugged his hair as his fingers dug into my skin and he parted my lips deepening the kiss.

"Not here wolf boy." I said before I pulled away and started into Braden's dark gaze.

"Boy? As far as I'm concerned, I'm a man and you're quite aware of that Red, I've nearly proved so every night." Braden huskily whispered against my ear, his hot breath fanning my skin as I felt my face flare up, I could even feel the tips of my ears burning up.

"Stop." I said embarrassed as I pushed him away but Braden chuckled before he pulled me closer, I buried my head in his chest hoping that the people were unaware of us.

Or at least of the horny alpha that wanted to take me to bed every single chance he got.

"Now come on, you still owe me a slow dance." Braden said as he pulled me into the dance floor.

"You seem in the clouds tonight." Braden pointed out as we swayed to Sheeran's soft, melodically and breathless voice.

I gave him a small smile.

"I'm just thinking about everything." I said as I laid my head in his chest.

"Such as?" Braden asked as I looked up and met his gaze.

"How everything has changed, for starters when I first came here I never thought that any of this was possible, everything with the supernatural world, with you and earning a family despite the fact of losing one. I came to this town looking for a new beginning yet I never imagined all of this especially half of the things that happened today." I said with a small bittersweet smile.

Braden met my gaze.

"Red, if you want to talk about what Andrew said in the morning..." Braden started but I shook my head cutting him off.

"No, I don't want to ever mention that man again, I put up with everything he did to me because he was my dad, and now even that was a façade, I don't want to think about it Braden, I just want to enjoy the rest of the night, please." I said as I looked at him with a pleading gaze, I wanted to forget about it for once.

"You go yourself a deal." Braden said before he kissed my forehead and pulled me closer.

I let my hair loose from all the bobby pins and gave a sigh as I closed my eyes, my feet ached from all the dancing but mainly the high heels, I fixed the strap of my dress as my red lace bra peek from underneath, I had chosen for once to wear lingerie knowing that with this hotel room Braden had gotten it was not only so we could crash tonight, but for he had something else instore for the both of us, I fixed my lip-gloss bending over the sink to get a better view in the mirror when I heard the door from the room close, I smiled to myself before I looked over my shoulder.

"Braden, is that you?" I asked knowing that Braden was well on his way here for I had told him that I would be waiting in our bedroom.

When I got no response I frowned, had something happened?

"Braden, why aren't you answering? Are you-?" I started to say as I stepped out of the bathroom but as soon as I entered the bedroom a hand clamed over my mouth and my breath hitched.

"Were you waiting for me?" He said roughly against my ear as he pulled me closer to his body.

Dawn's P.O.V

"Are you sure you want to stay in one of these rooms, we could always go back to the house?" Lucas said as we walked down the hallway of the hotel, the after party of the prom was still raging downstairs but I don't think I could take it any longer, I was exhausted.

I shook my head as I grabbed his arm and snuggled up against him.

"No, I want to go to sleep. We have a free room tonight, besides the pack house is far away." I said as we went around the corner of the hallway only to bump into my brother, his shirt was ripped open, his tie was undone, his hair was a wild mess as if he had been running his hands over it and tugging it at every direction possible.

"Whoa, did you and Harmony get a little too rough?" Lucas said teasing my brother while I chuckled at Braden's wild expression.

"She's gone." Braden said sounding nearly out of breath.

"What?" I asked confused, what was he going on about now?

"Harmony, I went to the room and Harmony said she would wait for me but she isn't there, there is no trace of her. I only found this." Braden said as he handed me a piece of paper.

I took it with a frown before I opened it up and read out loud.

"Seems like history is repeating itself tonight." I said as I looked up and met Braden's worried gaze.

"What is that supposed to me? Did Harmony leave that behind for you?" Lucas asked confused.

Then it hit me at once, mom had talked about this. Although it was something hard about her, mom had told us about what had happened to her years ago.

"Braden, mom was kidnapped on prom night. She was taken away." I said as my blood ran cold, had they done the same thing to Harmony?

"But who would kidnap Harmony and why?" Lucas said wondering out loud.

"I know who would want to hurt her." Braden said in an angry voice before he stormed to the opposite side of the hallway, we went after him and a couple of floors down Braden stormed into a bedroom unannounced.

In there in bed we found Mia with someone, she was making out. But not just with anyone but a girl.

"What the fuck! Haven't you ever heard about knocking?" Mia said as she got up from the bed angry while the other girl blushed under our gazes, I had never seen her before, maybe she went to another school.

"What are you doing?" I asked her confused, what was the meaning of this?

"What? Since when is it a crime to have some alone and private time with your mate?" Mia said as she fixed her baby pink dress.

"Your mate?" The three of us said stunned while the other girl bit her lip shyly and nodded.

"Yes, now give me the fucking reason why you barged in on Alesha and me like that." Mia said as she crossed her arms in front of her chest demanding an answer.

"Where is Harmony?" Braden asked, well he demanded in a strong tone.

"Why the fuck should I know, whatever happens to her is none of my business." Mia said as she glared at us.

"She is missing." Braden said looking lost, I knew what he was feeling.

"Well, believe it or not I have nothing to do about it. I was confused, okay? I finally found my mate and everything makes sense now, I haven't bothered you guys in weeks so why should I do something now when clearly you have the upper hand now, I came out to my pack and my parents deserted me so what else can I lose? All I have is Alesha and her family, so sorry to break it to you guys but I don't know where Harmony is, nor do I care." Mia said before she made us step outside and slammed the door in our faces.

"Braden, let's go back to the pack house, I already texted mom and dad, they are getting the packs together." I told Braden trying to get him to move, it was as if he were glued to the place.

"I already told my pack to start searching everywhere for Harmony, we will find her man." Lucas said as he pushed Braden so he would walk.

We stayed up all night with no avail, we searched everywhere but there was no sign of Harmony or whatsoever, it was as if she had simply disappeared.

"I don't understand, there is no one who would want to hurt Harmony." Braden said as he paced around the house, he had arrived from running all over the pack's territory and the neighbor's territories but had found nothing.

"There is no evil brother, Victoria is dead as well as Kiev, there is no one who would risk an alliance or war with us. Andrew is still in his cell, all are enemies are locked away so who else could it be?" I asked as I sipped some coffee trying to keep myself awake.

"But even then, who would want to kidnap and try to hurt Harmony?" Braden wondered out loud and I winced at the pain and lost that I found in his eyes.

Harmony's P.O.V

I winced as I felt a sharp pain in my head, my ears were ringing and it all felt too hazy, everything moved for me to focus, I opened my eyes slowly, the dim light in the room blinked loudly as the electricity flew, I bit down the need to throw up, my body felt completely sore and as I tried to touch my head I noticed that both my hands and legs were tied up, I was restrained.

I opened my eyes widely more aware of everything than I was seconds ago, I was alert now, I looked around in panic.

Where was I?

The last thing I remembered was stepping out the bathroom in the hotel room and now I was in this dark chamber, I could see small puddles of dirty water at my feet, the chair was made of steel, the cuffs were made of dark brown leather bounding my hands and feet tightly, no wonder I was so sore, had I slept the entire night here?

I looked around, expect for the poor light there was not much to see in this room for it was not well lid, most of the room was dim and I could not tell where I was.

"Hello?" I croaked, my throat hurt, had I spent the night screaming.

There was a long moment of silence, it felt like minutes, hours even before the door opened slowly.

"Will you look at that, our princess finally woke up." A voice said and I frowned, that voice sounded so familiar.

It was until he stepped into the light that I saw and my breath hitched.

"Wade?" I said as I felt my lips and voice tremble in fear.

"Rise and shine beauty." Wade said as he looked at me with a smirk.

"What are you doing? Why do you have me here? What did I ever do to you?" I asked demanding answers.

"Oh, you have no idea, I have lots of secrets." Wade said as he got closer to me and I noticed how his skin turned, his skin was turning into a leopard skin pattern.

"You're a shape shifter." I said shocked, I thought he was a werewolf but he had lied to me.

"That's not my only secret baby sister." Wade said as he looked at me with a grin and I looked at him confused.

"What?" I asked dumb folded.

"Don't you recognize me, you wound me Harmony, after all I'm your big brother. I'm Wade Monroe." Wade said as he smiled wickedly at me.

繼續閱讀

You'll Also Like

56.9K 2.9K 34
16 years later and the Red Dawn Pack has been growing steadfast! Blake and Aria's children are teenagers now, and are learning how to develop and con...
744K 19.2K 39
Tomorrow is the day Abby's twin brother Aiden finds his mate. Abby has always been jealous of her brother because of his wolf genes. He's the school'...
372K 5.3K 8
Aina just moved to a new town with her foster family, she also just started a new school full of what?... Wolves? And to top it all off she's just fo...
136K 5.9K 29
The final book in the series. Will Leo find his mate? What reason's does the enemy have for attacking? Will the truth finally be revealed? There is o...