Water Goddess

By Skylinger

When Kailani turns 16 she is quickly thrust into the world of gods, goddesses, demi-gods, and guardians. Kail... More

A dept paid
Awake and Angry
Anger and Understanding
Demigods and Demigoddesses
An interesting Day
Rivals will Fight
An Unexpected Visit
The Race
Her Team
A Big Brother and a Warning
Deals, Skills, and Realizations
Troubling Visions
Visions of Pain
Caught by Poseidon
Getting Closer
Prelude to War
It Begins
No Longer in Charge
I know where to go
Clearly underestimated
Prisoners taken
This could be bad
The gods wonder
Unexpected Help
What to think
New Places, New Allies
We Need Both
Loch Ness
Jewel of Loch Ness 30
Change is in the Air 31
Stay Together Part 32
What is to Come? Part 33

A Chance Taken

9K 189 18
By Skylinger

Chapter 24

(A Chance Taken)

Ramiero was anything but pleased. Angry he threw a goblet across the room smashing into the far wall. “Where is she?!” Angry amber eyes looked over at Poseidon’s son by the viewing pool. “You should’ve found her by now!”

“Willem has her and he’s probably keeping her far away from water,” Saar replied irritated his abilities were being questioned. “He’s probably got her in his lair!” He added a moment later.

“She’ll turn up but we may have to wait,” Ardin told his brother. Ramiero looked at him less than approving. “Until Poseidon’s daughter comes into contact with water no one is going to find her. Not us or anyone else.”

“The viewing pool.” All eyes fell on a slender girl with reddish-orange short straight hair cut in a bob. It took Ramiero a moment to remember the girl’s name was Aisling and she was the offspring of the titan Theia. “Should she touch the pool it will reveal the location of Willem’s den.”

“Why would she do that?” Ramiero asked sounding annoyed.

“Willem took Ford. If he harms her guardian Kailani will not take it well. Chances are she will try to get to any form of water to alert Narissa where she is. Kailani probably doesn’t know enough about the viewing pools or how detection works to realize she’d alert everyone as to where she is.”

“She’s right,” Ardin agreed. “We’re just going to have to wait.” Looking at the younger demigoddess he added, “Should you see something…”

“I will tell you,” Aisling assured them. Ramiero nodded but didn’t comment. Aisling’s abilities were more psychic than vision. She was not a powerful demigoddess. In truth he wasn’t even sure why the girl had followed him. He had never wasted his time with her in the past.

**

Kailani was quiet as Willem and a few of the others looked over some map. She didn’t know why they were looking at a map and in truth she didn’t care. She’d been with Willem for two days now and couldn’t wait to get away from him. The only thing she didn’t know of was how.

‘I’m missing something,’ Poseidon’s daughter thought to herself. Willem had been careful to make sure she wouldn’t be detected. He’d even turned off the fountain and emptied it of water.

Kailani let out a huff before her eyes fell on Dover. ‘Of course,’ she thought to herself seeing the offspring of Oceanus. Poseidon’s daughter felt foolish she hadn’t thought of the viewing pool sooner. While it was used for many things it was also full of water. The one source of water Willem couldn’t eliminate. The only question was how to get to it without being stopped.

“Kai.”

“Ford!” I said and quickly went to him.

“Don’t touch…”

“Ouch!” Kailani cried out as she touched the bars. She grasped her left hand that had been shocked. Looking at her hand she found a bright red mark over her palm and the ends of her fingers.

“Kailani!” Willem said as he quickly came to her side. “That’s why I told you not to touch the bars,” he said. “Lerato, get me the first aid kit.”

“If you hadn’t electrified the bars…”

“I had to or Ford could get out,” Willem said. Kailani went to take back her hand but he kept a firm grasp on her wrist. “You can be so stubborn.”

“You hurt my guardian and took me prisoner you really think I’ll just roll over?” Kailani snapped.

“This isn’t the way I wanted it,” Hades’ son told her.

“Here,” Lerato said and opened up a medical kit.

“Water will heal her instantly,” Ford reminded them.

“We can’t let her near water or they’ll find her,” Lerato said knowingly. “You know it too,” he added glaring at the girl’s guardian.

“I guess I know where I stand,” Kailani said watching Willem put burn cream on her hand and start to wrap her hand. Willem stopped and looked up at her. “You really will do anything to win.”

“You’ll understand in time,” The blonde demigod replied.

“I understand now,” She replied. “You’ll do what you have to and so will I.”

“You don’t understand how important this war is,” Willem said securing the bandage and allowing Kailani to take her hand from him. “The winner has the power to change everything Kailani.”

“That may be but is it worth it if you lose yourself in the process?” Kailani challenged. “Trying to win is fine but winning at any cost will cost you in the end. Thank you.” Kailani stepped away from Hades son and looked at Ford. “Are you okay?”

“As long as you don’t touch the bars again,” he replied. Kailani gave him a playful glare and he couldn’t stop a smile from forming. “I don’t know how you do it.” Ford was well aware of how much pain the bars could inflict. He knew Kailani was fighting the pain she felt. Unlike him she wouldn’t heal as quickly. Water would help her but her source of power was being denied. He didn’t know how the teenager could possibly be playful when he knew she was in pain.

“Willem, just so we’re clear, when I get out of here I am going to hurt you for letting her feel pain needlessly,” The guardian warned glaring at Hades son.

“Yeah well you’re going to have to get out first now aren’t you?” Necia retorted.

“You don’t think someone will get me out of here eventually?” Ford questioned.

“No one even knows I’m with them,” Dover said smugly.

Kailani gave Ford a bare wink and began slowly making her way away from the group. She almost laughed at how fast the group began to argue with her guardian forgetting her altogether.

“Kailani is…where” Willem turned around just in time to see Poseidon’s daughter place both of her hands into the viewing pool. “NO!”

Kailani’s eyes closed as the feel of the water sent a feeling of serenity through her. Her hand healed and the pain ended.

“Damn it Kailani!” Willem said grabbing her and knocking her away from the pool. Kailani fell backwards and landed on her butt on the stone floor. “You could have alerted everyone!”

“Good!” Kailani said getting up.

Willem didn’t think and angrily he swung his arm. The palm of his hand struck the blonde girl so hard she was sent falling to the ground once more. Willem’s eyes shot open as he realized what he’d done. “I didn’t mean it!” he said shocked by what he’d done. “Kailani I…” Hearing a loud crash Willem knew they had been found.

“How the hell did they find us so fast?!” Lerato exclaimed.

“It doesn’t matter!” Willem grabbed Kailani by the wrist and quickly began heading for the other exit to his den. Every den had a main entrance and a smaller one incase an escape route was needed.

Hades son forced Kailani to run as he dragged her deeper into the den and away from everyone and everything. “Move!” Willem ordered as they came to a ladder at the end of a tunnel. Necia climbed up first followed by Lerato and then Kailani and Willem; with Dover behind.

Kailani didn’t want to go but with Willem close behind she knew she didn’t have a choice. Reluctantly she climbed the latter. A hatch opened and she saw a flash of daylight as Necia left the tunnel.

Kailani continued to climb until she reached the top of the Latter. She started to pull up when someone suddenly grabbed her. Before Kailani knew it she was face to face with Ramiero.

“Hello Kailani.” Ramiero noticed a bruise forming on the girl’s cheek and said, “It seems you made someone angry.” Hearing a grunt he looked over to see Willem on the ground before Saar. “Willem. You should know better than to take what is mine.” Ramiero practically tossed Kailani over to Ardin. Raising his sword he thrust downward into Willem. Willem cried out as pain raced through him. “I have no use for you.”

“Willem!” Amber eyes turned on the red haired girl named Necia. Ramiero raised his hand and brought it down hard on his half sister. Necia cried out at the strike. Kailani looked at Ramiero surprised. Ramiero paid her no attention and forcefully grabbed Necia’s long hair and jerked her head up. “You’ll pay for siding against me. Take them.”

Instantly Ramiero’s followers began forcefully taking Necia, Lerato, Dover, and Kailani away. “Wait.” Every one stopped and watched as Ramiero walked up to Dover. “I have Kailani and Saar. What do I need with you?” He grabbed his head and as he was released Ramiero stabbed his sword all the way through him and then jerked upward leaving no chance for the demigod to survive. “I never liked you.” Ramiero removed his sword and grabbing Kailani’s arm they walked away.

**

“Where…Ford!” Narissa said seeing the guardian and racing to him.

“Don’t touch the bars!” Ford warned. “They’re electrified. Kailani and I have both been hurt by them.”

“Where’s Kai?” Raiden asked.

“Willem took her that way,” Ford said.

Raiden nodded and looked at Ruana. "Get Ford free. Aran and Solana can help you. The rest of us after Willem!” Ruana nodded and immediately went to work on countering the spell her brother had cast on the bars.

Raiden ran through the halls and reaching the ladder they quickly climbed. They knew they were too late as they found Kailani no where inside and two bleeding demigods on the ground.

“Willem is still alive,” Illithia said feeling Hades’ son still had a pulse. “He needs medical attention and fast.”

“Then he’ll get it. Dover?” Raiden inquired.

“He’s dead,” Stewart replied. “By the wound I’d say Ramiero. He likes to cause pain and bloodshed; Marius is quick.”

Raiden let out a disappointed huff. “Alright. Start heading back with Willem. I don’t want anyone to be killed needlessly.” Stewart nodded and he and Garner began carefully moving Willem. They had to be quick for Hades son to survive and they knew it.

 Author's Note: Next chapter will be a lot longer.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.4K 685 21
When Dakota and her siblings journey to land to hunt the hunter, they encounter some minor, and major, hiccups. School is just one of the many things...
141 27 22
Oliver Ridgley, your average high school outcast, suddenly finds herself amidst secrecy, plots, and things striaght out of a fantasy novel. When her...
246K 10.3K 49
#1 in Mythology 9/9/2021. #1 in Fantasy-Romance 9/15/2021. A young princess of Atlantis is born under the cloud of a curse. Two curses, in fact. She...
79 6 43
Kali always loved the stories of great heroes and gods of Greek Mythology. But when she is thrown into their world and finds out that she isn't even...