Only You

By jinjuya

He was her light, he was her life and she was the sunflower. [ 081016 - 010217 ] All right reserved © jinjuya... More

Preface
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
jeon
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
heads up
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
jinjuya's note
Happy 1st Anniv

Epilogue

2K 126 8
By jinjuya

• eunha •

Two years have gone by since Jungkook and I got back together. It was hard, considering that he's studying in Seoul Institute of the Arts, reaching his dream to be a photographer while I'm in London pursuing my dream in painting at the University of the Arts London.

The nine hours difference between our time zone tested our long distance relationship.
It was hard, but soon we got the hang of it. Sometimes I would wake up to see a sleeping Jungkook behind the screen, and he would wake up to find me sleeping. Whenever he's out for photowalk, I would catch up with my plates and paint as much as I can outdoors.

We even already had our schedules laid out. Our dates would always be the two of us eating in front of a screen, I would munch on my breakfast while he would silently eat his dinner. We would always talk about how our days went, and he would send me random photos of nature around him.

There are times he would send me photos of what the night sky in Seoul looks like, sometimes it's flowers that are about to bloom. But the one thing he never fails to send to me are photos of the sunflowers we planted before I went to Europe.

We treat our sunflowers like babies, he even come up with the name Sunny.

Now, every single day I wake up, I would expect to see a cute morning text from him accompanied by a photo of our sunflower looking up at the sunny sky. It always makes me smile and makes my day better even without him by my side.

But for the last two weeks, I didn't received a single message from him.

"Don't worry, I'm sure if he see's you in front of his door, he'll have a hard time getting mad at you." My friend Kayla winked, reminding me to be positive. "I really hope so." I pouted looking at the black screen of my phone. "I'll see you soon okay?" I nodded as she was embracing me. "Bye! Have a safe trip!" She waved at me as I disappear into the ocean of busy people at London City Airport.

I've been sending him a couple of messages in kakao telling how sorry I am for forgetting our dinner date a couple of nights ago, but he still won't reply back. He's still mad at me for missing his video call seven times. I was on my art room, finishing a couple of portrait paintings for my finals. I didn't want to fail in my portrait class, because if I do, it means I'll have to cancel my flight going back to Seoul. I can't risk not seeing him for another year.

My only fault is not telling him about it. I wanted to surprise him about me going back to Seoul on our anniversary that's why I wanted to finish all my paintings a week before deadline, so I can have an extra week vacation before I go back to the university again.

Jungkook and I have fought many times over the phone but we would always resolve it before one of us sleep, or the next day when it's something serious. This is the very first time I missed his calls, and it's unfair to me. Whenever he misses my calls, I would forgive him instantly, saving ourselves from fighting over such a petty thing.

I can't believe he's using the silent treatment to me.

'You know what? I don't care. Let him sulk.' I thought to myself as I put my phone back into my small pocket. 'But it's my fault.' I argued to myself.

I whimpered, feeling my defeat. No matter how much I think about it, it really is my fault. I should have told him that I needed to work on my finals and can't make it on time for our video call date. I should have told him that it's important for me to finish it on time so I can fly home as fast as possible.
I fished out my phone from my pocket, asking Yerin for help.

eunha
does kookie know i'm coming?
i want to surprisw him :(

yerinnie
idk
he;s not even answering  tae's call
what happened wiht u two?

eunha
TT__________TT
y is he still mad at me

yerinnie
-.-
how am i suppose to know

eunha
help me surprise him
pleaseeeeeeeee?

I sighed, looking at the last messages I sent to Yerin before boarding the plane. The gloomy weather outside didn't help me at all, the light rain soaked the busy city. Raindrops filled my window plane, making all the city lights morph into tiny little balls.

"Don't tell me he's cheating!" I said, almost shouting. The lady on my left looked at me weirdly, I apologized quickly at my sudden burst of emotion. In all those years we've been together, he never laid eyes upon a different woman besides me. My friends back in high school would always bet that Jungkook will leave me for a senior girl but it never happened.

A few older girls in our school liked him but he never looked at them in a romantic way, that 's why I trust him so much. Whenever a girl confesses to him, he would reject them in the most decent and less painful way. After that, he'll tell the whole class how proud he is to be my boyfriend.

'Men have their needs.' My head tells me. I hate it when I kept on over thinking, my brain will not stop once it started. It will keep on sending the worst case scenario about everything, even about random things like sleeping.

I took a deep breath and calmed myself. I fished out my cellphone from my jacket and sent a message to Jungkook, hoping to finally receive a reply when I wake up.

"I miss you." I let out, looking at my phone's lock screen. I was holding a bouquet of sunflowers while he's behind me, wrapping me between his arms two years ago with a huge smile plastered on our faces.

A smile crept to my face remembering how that picture was taken. It was during our last day in Jeju, we're back at the Jeon residence enjoying our time doing nothing. It was around three in the afternoon when Jungkook pulled me out of the house and into the beach in front of their house.

Jungkook and I sat by the big rock, our hands intertwined together. We just wanted to get some fresh air while we spend our last hours together before I head back to Seoul. It was quite sad that our time together is about to end but the sea breeze and the sound of the crashing waves was so beautiful in our ears, making our last hours together sweet and romantic.

Just as we were about to go back home, Jungkook jumped. His body is completely submerged, the cobalt waters taking him whole. I was shocked, but because of Jungkook's random childish acts sometimes, I found it silly. Not until his head didn't capture my sight.

I screamed for his name but there was no sign of him. I dialled Yerin's phone asking for help before leaping where Jungkook disappeared. I looked for him underwater, enduring the salty waters that stung my eyes. I was so desperate that I looked for him until I ran out of breath, at this point, I don't care if I drown myself, all I want is to save him.

That's when I felt someone pulling me out of the waters, I tried to look at the person who saved me but the water in my eyes made everything blurry. I was screaming for Jungkook's name as soon as I saw Mingyu pulling Jungkook out of the treacherous waters.

I ran towards them after Mingyu rested him onto the sandy floor. The sight sent chills and horror to my being, a motionless Jungkook was lying in front of me. I kept hitting his chest screaming for his name but he wouldn't wake up. I looked at everyone's eyes, mirroring the same sorrow I have that time.

I couldn't believe that we just got back together and now the heavens wanted him back, so I performed CPR even if it doesn't make any difference from their point of view. I have to try, even if I looked like a crazy person because of my hysterical screams.

I bent down to pumped air to his mouth, when suddenly a hand made its way at the back of my neck, deepening the kiss. My eyes widened and I felt Jungkook smile between our kiss.

I realized they pulled out the perfect prank at me. I was mad and relived at the same time. Laughter at cheers rung my ears as we continue to kiss in front of everybody.

"Happy birthday my little bunny." He nuzzled our nose to each other. "Happy anniversary." I replied before finally giving in to the gravity between our lips.

I couldn't be more happier than this.

°°°°

After eleven hours of travel, my eyes finally laid on the blue sky of South Korea. I can't believe that I'm finally back home after two years. I was starting to forget what Korea looks like if it weren't for Jungkook's random photo spam on kakao.

I snapped a photo of the beautiful skyline and sent it to my mom. Letting her know that I've finally arrived.

Making my way towards the arrivals section, I felt excited and nervous at the same time, the thought of seeing my family in person after two years is too much to handle. A part of me is expecting to see Jungkook's wide smile as he run towards me, wrapping me between his strong arms. But, with our current situation, it's impossible to even see his shadow lingering around me. I shrugged the verging sad feeling and focused on looking for my parents among the hundreds of people in the crowd.

"Eunha! Sweetie we're here!" I snapped my head towards the voice of my mom. I ran to them dragging my luggage behind me. "Eomma! Appa!" I beamed. They threw their hands around me, draping me with warmth and love. "Aigoo, our eunha grew so much." My father patted my head that was resting on his chest.

"I miss you guys so much." I sob, tears of joy marked my dad's blue shirt. "Where's Yerin and Taehyung oppa?" I added, wiping my tears. I didn't bother asking for Jungkook, I somehow knew he wouldn't be here anyway. My parents exchanged looks, avoiding my eyes. "Yerin have an exam while Taehyung is busy with his part time job." Mom answered, looking at my dad. "Let's continue this at home shall we?" Dad took my luggage even before I could even say a reply.

The car ride was extremely quiet, so I plugged my earphones and listened to Love Sick by SHINee, I really liked this song. It's old but it is still pretty upbeat. The lyrics talks about how the relationship of the guy and his noona girlfriend went well, I wish this is also the kind of story Jungkook and I will have.

"Sweetie, do you want to eat lunch before heading home?" I heard my mom asked from the passenger seat, while we're on a intersection near a mall. "I think I want to sleep first, jetlag." I lied, watching the pedestrians outside cross the street.

I let my head rest on the window, trying to bury the melancholic feeling I had earlier but to no avail, it won't. I felt a little disappointed after not seeing my friends and Jungkook at the airport, I shouldn't have expected to much from them.

Soon, the familiar street and houses came to view. Dad parked the car and mom gestured me to go inside first, she said that she'll take care of my luggages.

Before I entered the house, I noticed a few changes to it. The old white color of the house is now cream. There's clearly more plants on our pavement than the last time I saw it, making our home colorful and lively outside. The flowers we're like ornaments gleaming in the sunlight, its hard not to notice.

I opened the front door and quickly went to my room, the familiar vanilla scent of my room welcomed me. My eyes traveled around it, not a single thing has changed. It was untouched. Even my plants have stayed the same, the four small cactus are still lined up in my window.

'Home sweet home.' I thought to myself as I plumped to my bed facing the ceiling. I passed out as soon as the soft mattress hugged my fatigue figure but the knock on my door woke me up. I looked at my phone and found out its only 1:17 PM. I've only slept for about ten minutes, it felt like hours.

"Honey, we're going to the supermarket, do you need anything?" Mom peaked behind my door. "Tteokboki!" I exclaimed. I miss korean food so much, especially my mom's cooking. "Oh! Can we have traditional korean dinner tonight?" I grinned. She chuckled before closing the door.

Just then, I felt my stomach grumble at the thought of food. I quickly changed into more comfortable clothes and went downstairs.

The first thing I saw on the kitchen is the sticky note on the refrigerator. I knew the note was from my mom based on the handwriting. 'I made kimchi fried rice in case you feel hungry while we're out.'

I smiled and opened the fridge looking for the food, but my excitement started to wash out after a while.

"Where is it?" I searched every inch of the refrigerator and still couldn't find. I even took out most of the plastic containers and looked inside it.

"Are you looking for this?" The voice behind me asked.

I turned to its owner who was holding what I was looking for, awe filling my body because of him. The person before me had a huge grin on his face, clearly enjoying his view. My mouth felt dry, unable to talk.

"Bunny? Are you okay?" He was chortling, that's when I snapped. "Yah! Don't you dare call me your bunny." I half screamed, not believing that Jungkook showed up after using the silent treatment to me for weeks.

His amused laugh made me even furious. I went to him and he started running away from me and towards the living room. "Come back he-" I was cut off bybthe sudden burst of party poppers as soon as I entered the living room.

"Surprise!" Everyone stunned me with their voices. My parents, Jungkook, Yerin, Taehyung and Mingyu were all there. I was tearing up, not because of the surprise but because I felt relieved that the important people in my life made time for me. That explains why I didn't receive any calls or messages from them after I arrived. They want to build me up to specifically cry at this moment.

"It was his idea." Taehyung blurted out, pointing at Jungkook. "I hate you." I said between my sob, Jungkook enclosing me into a hug. "I love you too." He laughed before kissing the crown of my head.

Everyone was celebrating at our house, eating delicious food while catching up with everybody. I tried to catch up with everyone, especially Mingyu who I barely talked to after transferring to London. I found out that he and Jungha remained good friends and are still constantly hanging out together especially that they attend the same university.

Mingyu even told me that Jimin oppa and Yuju, the girl we went a few years ago, are now dating for over a year. They're now both working in Japan, it's only a matter of time before those two get married.

After hours of catching up, Jungkook asked my parents if he could take me away for a while and they gladly said yes.  We left my house leaving them behind. He then dragged me into their old home.

"Why are we here?" Curiosity killing me. "I have to give you a present don't I? It's your birthday after all." He answered cunningly. We entered their house and I continued to tail behind him, having no idea why he had to drag me here just to give me my present.

Then the backyard to view, it was filled with beautiful sunflowers. Before I left for London, we only planted three of them, now there's a whole garden full of it. I jumped in excitement as soon as I saw the flowers cover almost the whole backyard.

"They're beautiful kookie!" I exclaimed, feeling giddy inside and out. I walked towards it to have a closer look, it's  because of Jungkook why I came to love sunflowers, its bright petals reminds me of his bright smile.

"I'm glad you liked them." He bent down next to me. "Like? I love them!" I answered enthusiastically, touching the tips of the petals. "Can you guess which one is my favorite?" He asked. "Hmm.." I hummed, eyeing each flowers. "This one." I pointed to the biggest one. "Actually it's this one." He reached the one in front of me.

"Do you know why?" He gave to me the flower who was seating in a nice orange pot. "Because it reminds me of you, the way it looks at the sun reminds me of your eyes. All these years, even after I left you that time, I was the only person you saw, the only one you gave your heart to." He said, that's when I noticed that the other sunflowers was either slightly limping on the side, or had its head facing downwards.

I held the flower high, carefully looking at it. I squinted after the reflection of the sun hit my eyes, I saw a small metal hidden behind one of its leaves. It was carefully wrapped up that you wouldn't see at first glance.

I took the metal and gasped after finally seeing what it was. A small ring with three small diamonds in the center came to my view.

"Jung Eunha.." He cooed. I turned to him, his eyes looking deeply into mine before saying the last few words that will be forever embedded to my heart. "only look at me."

••• end •••

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.5K 181 14
please press read to know more.
3.3K 139 36
their siblings loved each other, but did they? - hoseok x reader - jungkook x iu ( children au )
1.8K 83 16
It was an early morning. I was 15 and without a care in the world. I was in the midst of a meadow full of sunflowers watching the sunrise. And that'...
2.1K 76 26
yuju being married with cruel boy, jungkook