The Army Baby

By IrumBashir

Alexandra Phoenix Hunter. Daughter of Skyler and Phoenix Hunter. Niece of Derek Hunter. Being born and bred i... More

Chapter one*Alexandra Phoenix Hunter
Chapter Two*Mission Minions
Chapter Three*Training
Chapter Four*Party
Chapter Five*A soldiers punishment
Chapter Six*A jump to Russia
Chapter Seven* Her song
Chapter Eight* Pack your bags
Chapter Nine* He's a murderer!
Chapter Ten* Derek's Agents
Chapter Eleven*The 320s
Chapter Twelve* Baby Lo
Chapter Thirteen* Tough love
Chapter Fourteen* A Classic drunk
Chapter Fifteen* Bodyguards?
Chapter Sixteen*What's with all the questions?
Chapter Seventeen* Special Meetings
Chapter Eighteen*Neighbours
Chapter Nineteen* Judgement day
Chapter Twenty* I need to go home
Chapter Twenty-One* Oh Hell No
Chapter Twenty-Two* Act like a bitch, get slapped like a bitch!
Chapter Twenty-Three* No more secrets
Chapter Twenty-Five* A.P.H
A/N (part twenty-six)
Chapter Twenty-Seven *The dog cage
Chapter Twenty-Eight* Don't Jump Alex!
Chapter Twenty-Nine* Leave the kid alone!
Chapter Thirty* She's Crazy
Chapter Thirty-One*The prodigy child returns
Chapter Thirty-Two* Goodbye
Chapter Thirty-Three* Home
Chapter Thirty-Four* Rumours
Chapter Thirty-Five* You have to kill him...or else.
Chapter Thirty-Six* Old VS New Punishments
Chapter Thirty-Seven* Snitches get Stitches
Chapter Thirty-Eight*She's Out Of Control!
Chapter Thirty-Nine*We need to talk
Chapter Forty* Intervention
Chapter Forty-One* What. The. Fuck. Just. Happened?
Chapter Fourty-Two* Walk us through the Mission
Chapter Forty-Three* An Unexpected Visit
Chapter Forty-Four* Want to hear a story?
Chapter Forty-Five* DENIAL
Chapter Forty-Six* ANGER
Chapter Forty-Seven*BARGAINING
Chapter Forty-Eight* DEPRESSION

Chapter Twenty-Four*The Skyler Mellow

4.1K 140 25
By IrumBashir

Alex' P.O.V

"Im surprised Derek didn't open the door and threaten me."

"Hahah nah he's a softie at heart, he isn't that bad." I stuck up for my uncle as I hugged Linc.

"So the plan was for us to go out and get something to eat, but my mom cooked and is insisting that you come over to eat with us instead..." he trailed off.

"Great, let's go." I smiled and walked down.

"But I promise to take you out after, we will go for a drive and I want to show you my favourite spot." He took my hand and led me to his house, which wasn't that long of a walk. Walking into the house it was very similar to Derek's in the sense of layout and size but it seemed a lot more homely.  A number of family photos around. Walking into the living room Vanessa was sat on her laptop watching a movie; as soon as she saw me she took out her headphones and popped up.

"Girllll you look so fit...damnnn" she winked and hugged me.

"Ahaha thanks, it feels so weird to get dressed up again." I smiled and sat down next to her.

"You need to start getting dressed up more at school; you will have every guy head over heels you know."

"No she doesn't..." Linc rolled his eyes at the thought of me getting checked out by other guys, using this as a perfect excuse to piss him off Vanessa spoke up again.

"You're right, she doesn't need to seeing as all the guys have already fallen for her."

"Who?"

"Never mind..." she lingered

"Nessa stop haha before he has a little hissy fit." I smirked

"Dinner is ready guys." I heard a small voice, with that we all got up and walked to the kitchen. Standing next to the large family table was a timid body, she was around 5ft 5 with long blonde hair, and she had piercing blue eyes and was fairly tanned.

"Oh darling I didn't hear you come in, it's nice to meet you, im Samantha." She grasped me into a tight hug, hugging her back i smiled and finally parted.

"Alexandra. You have such a beautiful house."

"Why thank you darling." With that we all sat down and started to pass the food around.

"Wow, it smells amazing." I awed

"Wait until you taste it, moms an amazing cook!" Linc complemented

We ended up talking whilst eating for around 10 minutes. I got to know a lot about the family.

"I didn't know you was adopted." I asked Nessa

"Yup, moms a nurse at the hospital and she was there when they found me."

"Found?"

"Yeh, they call me a miracle baby, they found me in a trash can in an alleyway and I was rushed into hospital." she smiled

"Wow..."

"I fell in love with her instantly and knew she was mine." Samantha smiled at her daughter, as much as I loved the moment my heart shattered at the sight. I guess I never dealt with my parent's death properly and seeing their relationship reminded me of my mom and I.

"Sorry im late guys." A tall 6ft man walked in, wearing a suit and looking a lot like Linc he placed his briefcase down and pecked Samantha on the forehead then went to sit down.

"You must be Alex, I'm Harvey." He smiled and started to eat.

"It's Alexandra hunny." Samantha corrected

"Alex is fine, it's nice to meet you." surprisingly there was no awkward moments here, I felt comfortable as the whole family's personality shone brightly. Such a bubbly family, who wouldn't feel welcome here. Again my heart broke as this was the first time in ages where I've sat down and had a proper home cooked family meal.

"So tell me about yourself Alex." Harvey questioned politely.

"What do you want to know?"

"What are your hobbies?"

I could have easily of said, training, fighting, shooting, and being a part of the army but I didn't want to freak them out. So I stayed quiet and actually had to think of a reply.

"Well.... I play the piano, violin and guitar..."

"Creative I see... what else? Like what have you done before and where do you see yourself in 10 years?"

"Dad, what's with all the questions?" Linc butted in

"I want to know a bit about my children's friend and what her plans are for the future..."

"Haha Linc don't worry about it, okay do you want me to be completely honest?"

"Intrigue me..." he smirked

"Im a trained skydiver, scuba diver and im trained in martial arts and I now feel like im creeping you out and giving the complete wrong first impression" I laughed shyly.

"No way, what else?" Samantha urged me to carry on.

"I used to figure skate, into horse riding and I want to join the army." I finished not wanting to go into full detail. This caused this whole family to stop eating and stare at me in disbelief.

"Thank gosh you're not boring" Harvey laughed

"Damn... you're only 16 and making big decisions." Linc laughed

"So where do your parents live?" Harvey changed the topic

"Oh I live with my uncle, Derek Hunter."

"of course! He told me about his niece coming to live with him, you should have seen his face when he got the call that you was coming to live with him, he was over the moon." Samantha reminisced.

"Anyways, enough about me what about the both of you?"

"Im a lawyer and my wife is a psychologist. We've been married for 21 years and have lived in Chicago all our lives." Harvey proudly announced.

"Wow."

"Stop showing off dad." Nessa smiled and stuffed her face.

"Skydiving, scuba diving and martial arts, you're like wonder woman." Samantha laughed.

Giggling at the comment I carried on "my parents trained me all my life and always wanted me to try new things out."

"They trained you? Must have been hard." Linc added

"It was all with love, whenever I saw them I would beg to go out and do something. I loved spending time with them." I smiled at the thoughts of my childhood.

"Didn't they ship you off to live with your uncle though? Doesn't sound like love to me." Nessa blurted out accidently.

"VANESSA." Her mom kicked her under the table.

"Ahaha its okay, don't worry about it."

"You don't have to talk about it sweetie."

"It's okay... I kind of lied to everyone before when I said that."

"What do you mean?"

"Well ....."

"Whatever you say to us is completely private, we won't say anything to anyone, you can trust us Alex." Linc comforted me.

"My parents were in the army, and I was born and raised on their base."

"That explains a lot." Nessa responded

"Is that why you had to live with your uncle? Because they're away at the moment?" Samantha questioned.

"Ahaha no, whenever they went away I would stay home and everyone on the base would check in on me."

"...." No one replied as they were all really interested to where I was going. I felt so relaxed here that I decided to open up to them. Completely.

"My parents trained me to become a young soldier, and because we were very well known and because I passed a lot of training I had also been deployed a few times."

"Wait what... no way! That's so cool" Nessa gawked in awe.

"I was deployed with my parents and ....they both passed away as we were attacked a few weeks ago."

Complete Silence.

"So I was returned home back to base and I had to move to live with my uncle for a few months until everything was sorted out."

"Oh Alex, im so sorry for your loss."

"It's okay; I've had around a month or two since so im okay now." I smiled and went back to eating.

We pretty much dropped the topic and went onto talking about school and everything else. It felt good to finally talk about my parent's death but I guess I still didn't open up properly as I had started to forget a lot of details about the mission and sort of buried the emotion.

As soon as we finished eating both kids got up to clean as the parents and I stayed at the table and carried on talking.

"We have a piano...care to play us something?" Samantha begged as she pointed towards their main room.

"sure." With that we all got up and went into their main room. They all sat on their couches and nudged me towards the piano.

"Don't judge me haha it's been a while."

"Don't worry; no one can be as bad as Linc." His dad laughed

"I will play you my mom's melody or as my father called it, the Skyler mellow." With that I quickly tied up my hair in a loose pony tail and placed my hands on the cold keys. Closing my eyes I followed the melody of my mom's song. I pressed down and instantly went into my own world as I played. The music danced around the room as I started to smile at the thought of my mom sitting next to me teaching me proudly and my father watching as his eyes smiled brightly. Once I finished I felt a tear drop but quickly wiped it away.

"That was beautiful."

"You have a real talent there Alex." Both Samantha and Harvey complemented as I turned around to face them.

"You gotta teach me that." Linc replied

"No don't! He will ruin it!" Nessa mocked her brother as he threw a pillow at her.

"Please carry on."

"Next time mom, but we got to go." Linc responded before I could.

"Where are you going?" his father responded

"Going to show her your place." With that he walked past me and helped me up, smiling I said my goodbyes and left the house. We got into his car and he started to drive.

"That was so beautiful."

"What was?" I went back to our conversation

"The song you played, your mom sounds amazing."

"She was, you would have loved her."

"You didn't have to tell us, but just remember we are always here for you Alex, even if you don't want to talk to me or Nessa, both my parents are always happy to listen and help if you ever need It." He smiled and held my hand.

"Thank you so much, you're such a stunning family." With that we stopped and got out of the car. "Where are we?"

"Follow me." Walking behind him we walked up a hill and stopped near a tree. Looking out the whole of Chicago was in view, it was absolutely gorgeous.

"wow." He turned to face me and smiled.

"This is where my dad brought my mom on their first date; they call it the true love view."

"Bring all your dates here?" I laughed.

"Well..." he played, shoving him I went back to looking at the view.

"Alex, I've only known you for a few weeks, but I am head over heels for you, you're so beautiful on the inside and out and I don't ever want to lose you." he hugged me from behind.

"Lincoln."

"No listen, the first time we met I instantly fell for you and I am sorry about the whole first day of school situation, I didn't know it was you until I looked properly."

"You were a bit moody that day weren't you." I laughed at the thought of the day where we argued outside the classroom when we bumped into each other.

"So were you!"

"What do you expect, I was forced into a new school and I wasn't too happy about it."

"I don't blame you; our school is a very complicated place."

"But im happy you came here; I feel like I've changed in a better way, even Nessa was saying that." He smiled and cupped my cheek. Looking straight into his eyes I smiled and started to blush.

"Im so intoxicated by you, please never leave me." With that he gently moved closer and closed the space between our lips. My stomach burst with butterflies and I instantly kissed him back. I felt the urge to not stop, it was so perfect... he was so perfect.

----------------

Check out the video above: The last song-Miley Cyrus piano scene. Such an amazing film and song, I would be crazy not to include it!

Thanks for reading the chapter/Book. Hope you're enjoying it so far!

Please Remember To: Vote, Comment and Share !!

Thank you so much !!

Merry Christmas eve !!!!

-Irum

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 28K 36
Alex Brooks and before you might ask. No alex is not a boy she's a girl. And the baddest one of them all No she's not an FBI agent or she doesn't w...
1.3K 203 27
Alex is a ordinary high school student. Her parents are together and happy, her life is perfect. Adrian how ever is a street kid who has a sketchy pa...
1.3M 13.9K 18
***EXCERPT ONLY*** He is Captain of the football team. Most popular Guy in school. Can get any girl he wants. Next in line to be Alpha. Logan's not r...
1.1M 31.8K 34
Emma also known as "panther" is the best street fighter in her state and it doesn't help having a abusive dad. But she is also her schools biggest ne...