Breaking Free

Від OrWhateverrr

Taking care of her 4 year old nephew and all by herself, Kaia takes a task. Soon she reunites with her deceas... Більше

|01.|
|02.|
|03.|
|04.|
|05.|
|06.|
|07.|
|08.|
|09.|
|10.|
|11.|
|12.|
|13.|
|14.|
|15.|
|16.|
|17.|
|19.|

|18.|

442 24 1
Від OrWhateverrr

[Kaia.]

I was helping Jayson with his homework while Malachi was watching tv. Jayson needs a little help in math so I decided to help him.

"Hey Auntie Kai?" Malachi called as he was laying on the couch.

"What's up Malachi?" I answered him and got up to see what he wanted.

"Can I see August?" He asked me so I got out my phone and let Malachi FaceTime him. After a couple rings, he finally answered.

I could tell he just woke up since he was yawning and had sleep in his eyes.

"Hey August!" Malachi said with a small smile.

"Wassuh' luh man." August returned the small smile,"Whea' Thing 2 at?"

"August?" Jayson said from the dining room and ran to sit next to Malachi.

"What's poppin', Jay. Y'all being good fa ya auntie, right?"

"Yup! Aren't we, Auntie Kai?" Malachi asked me. I put my finger on my chin and made a 'hmm' noise to act like I was thinking.

"I'm takin' dat as a no. Make me come back down thea' early and knock some sense into y'all." August joked but the boys kept trying to tell him that they've been good.

I just shook my head and laughed at them. It's honestly amazing how August is with the kids. I won't be surprised if he's a good dad when he has kids one day.

There was a knock on the door then the doorbell rang so I got up to get it. When I opened it, Gianna was standing there.

"Hey Kai!" She gave me a hug and walked in the house,"Haven't seen you in forever."

Before I could even say anything, I heard Malachi yelling,"Gi Gi!" He ran over to Gianna and hugged her legs.

"Hey boyfriend! You gettin' so big." She said as she picked him up and gave him kisses on the cheek.

"Who's that?" She whispered to me, slightly pointing to Jayson who was still talking to August since he didn't know Gianna.

"My nephew." I told her so I called Jayson. When he looked up, I introduced them to each other and they both said hi.

"I honestly wasn't expecting to see you here. Where's August at?" Gianna asked with furrowed eyebrows as she put Malachi back on the ground and he ran back to Jayson.

"He's in New York, handling business." Was all I told her. I don't know if August is planning on keeping the label deal a surprise for his family or not so I'll just keep it to myself.

All she did was nod then she asked,"So y'all are livin' together na?" I nodded and sat on the couch.

"Awww that's cute." She said with a little smile. "I can see y'all bein' together already." She told me as I just shook my head and laughed.

"I don't know about that one, Gi. But it's whatever the future hold I guess." I shrugged so we changed the subject.

[August.]

I had to end the FaceTime call with the boys early since I got a call from Russell.

Once I answered the call, I put my phone up to my ear and said,"Helluh'?" I already knew he was about to tell me his answer about me being apart of his label. If I get signed, I won't even how to act. But if I don't get signed, I'll know it was worth a try even though I would be mad as fuck. So honestly, a nigga nervous right now.

"What's up August. You good?" Russell said through the phone.

"Yeah, I'm aight. How 'bout cha self?" I said trying to make small talk so I can try to stall him. As much as I want to know the answer, I'm still nervous.

"I'm good." There was a slight silence before he resumed,"So I made my decision, August. And I'm sad to say this but..."

I lowered my head, knowing he was about to say that I'm not going to be apart of his label.

"...Welcome to the Def Jams family." Once he said that, I picked my head right back up and furrowed my eyebrows.

"Wait, what'd ya say? My ears clogged, bruh." I said hitting my ear and made sure I was listening to him correctly.

I could hear Russell laugh on the phone then he said,"I said welcome to Def Jams, August. You're an official artist here."

Hearing him say that made me grow a big smile. "Thank ya so much, mane. Ya not goin' ta regret it." I assured him.

Soon after agreeing that I'll stop by Def Jams building to sign the contract, we both hung up. I tried to think of the first person to tell and thought of Kaia.

"Hello?" She said, once she answered my call.

"Makaia. I got some news, man." I said with a small smile as her eyes got big, already knowing what I was about to tell her.

She started to grow a big smile and said,"You got the deal, didn't ya?"

I laughed and nodded,"I got the deal."

"You got the deal!" We both started to chant.

"August, I'm so proud of you." Her eyes got glassy,"I always knew you could do it. This calls for a celebration. You, me, and the boys as soon as you get back down here."

"Sounds good, love." I pulled at my goatee,"Aye Kai? Thank ya fa supportin' me, mane."

"Of course. That's what friends are for." Once she said that, I lowkey felt some type of way. It's mixed feelings when it comes to Kaia. I like her but I feel like I don't deserve her. I'm a nigga that used to sell drugs for a living and even did a little time for it.

She don't need that type of nigga in her life, bruh. I cleared my throat and said,"Ya right ma." There was a knock on the door so I had to end the call with Kaia.

When I opened the door, Russell's assistant was standing there with papers in her hand.

"Wassuh'?" I asked with an eyebrow raised.

"Russell forgot he had to fly out to California for a meeting tomorrow so he told me to give you these." She handed me the papers along with a pen.

I scanned through it and noticed it was the contract. I let her in but kept my distance so I went to the table to start reading.

While I was reading the contract, I felt Russell's assistant staring at me. I'm not even gonna lie, it made me pretty uncomfortable.

After I was done reading everything, I signed all of the places where I had to sign it at and handed the papers back to her.

"Welcome to Def Jams." She gave a warm smile then I felt her wrap her arms around my torso. I honestly wasn't expecting her to hug me and I don't even know her so I didn't hug her back.

"Uh thanks, ma." I said as she was slowly releasing from the hug.

She started to laugh a little then said,"Oh sorry, I'm just a hugger. I hope I didn't make you uncomfortable."

"Ya good, ya good." I assured her even though that threw me off guard but I didn't want her to feel bad. She nodded and started to look at my hair. Once she started to touch my hair, I was really growing uncomfortable so I removed her hand.

"Oh!" She face palmed herself,"I'm so sorry, I just like your hair."

I didn't even say anything back so she should get the message that she should go.

"Well okay." She straightened her shirt then went to the door. When she opened it, she looked at me then left.

I blew a breath of relief and sat on the bed. It's not like she was unattractive, she was actually bad as fuck if you ask me.

But it just felt weird, she ain't have to be all up on a nigga like dat. I get I'm sexy and everything but damn. If anything, she could've just asked.

It was obvious that she want some of August but I don't even know how. I barely talked to the girl. I guess this generation just wants people based on looks now.

I texted Kaia and told her that once I get back to Atlanta, we can go wherever she wants to go to eat so she can be ready when I get there around 7 at night tomorrow.

Then I just sat on my bed, thinking about being apart of Def Jams and how it's gonna change my life.

~~

The drama is about to start, get ready. 😛

Vote • Comment • Share • & Enjoy!

-YungBeauty😘💛

Продовжити читання

Вам також сподобається

114K 3.2K 42
Series in order ♥ { • My Brother Bestfriend } { • This Thing Called Life } { • This Is Our Life } [ This is the first book of the three book series...
Count On Me Від MmaroZ

Романтика

751K 48K 61
When her sister dies, heartbroken Lizzie Breen is literally left holding the baby, or in this case her four year old nephew Nate. Amongst her sisters...
Her Tears Від KiddJaee❣

Романтика

3.9K 319 42
Stephanie hated to see her sister cry. Jael was her life, her world, her everything. Even though Stephanie had pain on her chest, her sister eased it...
58.9K 1.8K 22
Asia has been thru so much in her life. Changing highschools and living on her own. After meeting August dealing with drama four years later what's t...