Divergent High: Starting Over

books_have_feelings által

Beatrice "Tris" Prior gets some unexpected and exciting news from her parents: she's moving to Chicago! She c... Több

Starting Over
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Sequel!!!
It's up!!!!

Chapter 44

550 4 3
books_have_feelings által

Tobias's POV

My annoying alarm wakes me up from a dreamless sleep. I slowly get up out of bed and take a quick shower. I throw on some jeans and a white shirt. I brush my hair, grab my phone and backpack, and run downstairs to the kitchen where I find Dad and Justin.

"Hey," Justin says as I sit down at the table.

"Hey. Are you ready for our bro day today?" I ask.

"Yes! I'm so excited!" he exclaims. "Are you sure Tris won't mind?"

"I don't think she'll mind. She can have a girl day or something. She'll be fine; she is coming with me to California," I tell him.

"Ok."

I start eating the bacon and scrambled eggs that Dad places down in front of me. I finish eating it, grab my car keys, and walk out to my car.

I get in and drive to school. I get out of my car and walk inside to locker. I quickly pack up all of my stuff and walk to Tris's locker. When I get there, I realize that Tris isn't there.

She's probably still in the library studying. I shouldn't bother her. I go ahead and walk to class early. I enter the classroom and sit down in my regular seat. My mind wanders off to Tris. Like it usually does.

I still don't feel too good about what happened yesterday. I don't think that she's really fine. I think something is bothering her. Either she doesn't know what is exactly bothering her, or she doesn't want to tell me. I want it to be the first one. I hope that she doesn't feel like she has to keep some thing away from me.

I can handle anything she says. Even if it hurts or stuns or angers me at first, I can handle it. I would handle it. For her. Because the last time I didn't handle something, the last time I didn't control myself, I was heartbroken. Tris broke up with me. I don't want that to happen again. I can't let that happen to me. I can't.

Because I love her. With all of my heart. And I always will. No matter what. Even if I do end up heartbroken.

The bell rings, and people start filing into the classroom. Zeke, Will, and Uriah come in and sit down in their seats.

"Are we still on for today?" Zeke asks, and I nod my head.

"Yeah," I answer. "I just have to tell Tris about it."

"Ok," Will and Uriah say. The bell rings again, and Mrs.Johnson walks up to the front.

"Ok, class. Please open your books to page 328," she says, and we all flip to that page in the textbook. She starts the lesson, and I zone out.

What is wrong with Tris? What's going to happen? What am I going to do?

--------------page break---------------

The bell rings, and I quickly gather my stuff. I make my way to the cafeteria and go through the line. I really want to see Tris and make sure that's she's ok. I pay for my food and sit down next to Tris and across from Christina at the table.

"Hey, Tris."

"Hey, Four," she says, and I can't help it. I hug her.

"I'm glad you're ok," I whisper in her ear, and the gang comes running in.

"Sorry we're late," Will says. "Our teacher held us up."

"Tris!" They all run to her, and she starts laughing as the all hug her. Then she suddenly grows a little panicked.

"Watch my stomach please," she says, and we all grow confused. Why do they need to watch her stomach.

"Why?"

"Umm. My stomach still hurts some from the food poisoning," she explains.

"Oh," Shauna says. "Sorry."

"It's ok," she says and continues eating her lunch. The gang gets their own food and starts eating. I turn to Tris.

"Hey. Umm. I can't spend time with you today after school because I'm having a bro day with Justin, Uriah, Will, Zeke, and Blake, that guy I was telling you about. They want to spend some time with me before we go to California," I tell her.

"Ok. That's fine," she says. "I'm supposed to talk to Christina after school, and then I just was going to be by myself for some time. Oh, and Christina. Are Marlene and Shauna coming?"

"Oh. Umm. Yeah," she says. "I want them to be there."

"Ok," she replies and turns back to me. "Anyway. That's what I'm doing. So have fun."

"Oh. Ok. Thanks," I say. We all eat in silence until Zeke breaks it.

"So, Tris," he says. "I was wondering if you would like to be a V.I.P to my big summer party. Four said if you were fine with it that you guys could come back a little while in the summer for this."

"Umm. Sure. I guess."

"Great. It's going to be awesome!" he exclaims. "We're gonna have the pool and juice bar open, games in the game room, dancing in the living room, food challenges in the kitchen, and different movies playing in the bedrooms. I cannot wait for it."

"It sounds like it's going to be the best party ever," Tris says.

"It is going to be the best party ever," Uriah says.

"I can't wait!" Marlene exclaims.

The bell rings, and I throw my trash away along with the rest of the gang. I grab Tris's hand on our way to class, and she holds mine tightly. Maybe we'll be fine. Maybe she is ok.

We get to music class and sit down. Tori walks in, sees Tris, and smiles.

"Tris. I am so glad that you're back," she says, and Tris gently hugs her. "It wasn't the same without you." Tris laughs and sits back down while Tori walks up to the front.

"Settle down, class," she says, and everybody gets quiet. "Tris. Why don't you sing something since you're back?"

"Umm. Ok. Sure," Tris says and walks up to the front of the class. She sits down at the piano and starts playing the opening. After that, she starts singing the lyrics to Breakaway.

Grew up in a small town
And when the rain would fall down
I'd just stare out my window
Dreaming of what could be
And if I'd end up happy
I would pray
Trying hard to reach out
But when I tried to speak out
Felt like no one could here me
Wanted to belong here
But something felt so wrong here
So I prayed I could breakaway
I'll spread my wings, and I'll learn how to fly
I'll do what it takes 'till I touch the sky
And I'll make a wish
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway
Out of the darkness and into the sun
But I won't forget all the ones that I love
I'll take a risk
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway
Wanna feel the warm breeze
Sleep under a palm tree
Feel the rush of the ocean
Get on board a fast train
Travel on a jet plane faraway
And breakaway
I'll spread my wings and I'll learn how to fly
I'll do what it takes till I touch the sky
And I'll make a wish
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway
Out of the darkness and into the sun
But I won't forget all the ones that I love
I'll take a risk
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway
Buildings with a hundred floors
Swinging round revolving doors
Maybe I don't know where they'll take me
But gotta keep moving on, moving on
Fly away, breakaway
I'll spread my wings
And I'll learn how to fly
Though it's not easy to tell you goodbye
I gotta take a risk
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway
Out of the darkness and into the sun
But I won't forget the place I home from
And I'll take a risk
Take a chance
Make a change
And breakaway, breakaway, breakaway

She do shows the aong, and we all clap for hwr. Me probably being the loudest. I am and always will be her biggest fan. She sits back down in her seat, and I lean over to her.

"You did amazing. I love your voice," I whisper, and she blushes that cute little blush of hers.

"Thank you," she whispers back, and I grab her hand.

---------------page break-------------

The bell rings, and I walk Tris to her locker. She packs all of her stuff, closes the locker door, and looks up at me.

"So. You have fun. You need it. You've been worrying about me too much," she tells me.

"Ok. I will," I say. "And you be careful. I don't need you getting sick again."

"I'll be careful. I promise," she says.

"I love you, Tris," I reply and hug her.

"I love you too, Tobias." She whispers this in my ear, which sends shivers down my spine, and kisses me. She gives me a small smile and walks away.

I quickly walk to me locker and pack up all of my stuff. Then I walk to my car, drive home, and enter the house. I find Justin, Zeke, Will, and Uriah in the living room.

"You guys are already here?"

"Of course," Zeke says. "We can't wait for this bro day."

"Well. Let me text Blake to meet us at the destination, and we can go," I say and pull out my phone. I quickly text Blake where we're going, and then the five of us pile into my car with me driving.

I drive us to Amity Park, and we get out of the car. We meet up with Blake at the playground area.

"Ok. Let's get this bro day started!"

They all shout with excitement, and we all start messing around. The little kids inside of us come out, and we start playing on all of the playground equipment.

Once we get tired of that, we start playing football out in the grassy field. We start panting and decide to eat. I quickly drive to the nearest fast food place, order six burgers and six orders of fries, and return back to the park. I find the guys sprawled out on the grass under a tree. I sit down with them, and we all start devouring the food.

"So. Are you excited to be moving to California?" Blake asks me.

"Yeah. I mean there are pros and cons to moving there. Cons: I'm leaving all of you guys. I'm leaving my dad. And I'm leaving my home. Pros: I get to love my dream. Sing and write songs and play instruments for a living. And I get to be with Tris. I just hope that I'm not holding her back from any potential. I love her; I hope she thinks that going with me is the best thing for her. Because if it's not, I'll feel guilty," I explain.

"Oh. And how's Tris?" he asks, and I sigh.

"I don't know. She's been a little distant since she came back from the doctor yesterday. It's like she's holding something back. The closest I've felt that I've been to her is when she was holding my hand. It was like some silent connection that kept us together. I don't know. It's probably silly," I say.

"No," Zeke says. "It's not. I get it. It's like that with Shauna. Except it's not when we hold hands. It's when we look into each other's eyes. It's a sort of connection that says that we're going to be fine. Even when we think that we're not."

"I think every couple that's meant to be has some sort of connection. Each in a different way," Will says.

"I have a connection with Marlene," Uriah says.

"And I have a connection with Christina," Will replies.

"I definitely have a connection with Avery," Justin says. "Actually. I think that I'm going to propose soon."

"Really?" I ask.

"Yeah. I really love her, and I want to spend the rest of my life with her. And bro, don't worry about Ross," he tells me. "Avery told me that their parents found out how many girls Ross has gotten pregnant. Add that onto his failing grades, and they sent him off to military school. He's forbidden to go anywhere near Tris ever again."

I instantly relax. I mean I know that Justin and Avery are meant to be with each other, and I actually like Avery (unlike some of his previous girlfriends), but I have to admit that I have worried about Ross. So now I feel better.

I nod my head, and we finish our food. We talk about random things for awhile then play another game of football. We say goodbye to Blake, pile in my car, and I drive us to my house. Justin and I say goodbye to the guys and walk into the house.

I walk up to my room and throw on some sweatpants. I quickly do my homework, finish the book I've been reading, and the turn off the lights. I crawl in bed and close my eyes.

I can't believe I'm going to California.

_______________________

Hello, fellow Divergent fans! I am so sorry that I haven't updated in awhile. I've been a little busy with school, my 40 book challenge, high school registration, and different stories. I've also been pre-working on the sequel! I am so excited for it.

Please, comment. I would love to hear what you like about the story. Just keep the comments appropriate.

Go ahead and like the chapter if you liked it or loved it. And go check out my other stories. Thank you for all of the views so far! Let's get some more! Hopefully, I'll get the next chapter up faster than I got this one up.

Bye, guys!

~the girl that thinks books have feelings too~

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

130K 3K 45
When your PR team tells you that we have to date a girl on the UCONN women basketball team and you can't say no to it... At first you don't think too...
588K 10.6K 30
"Cute husband you have. Always cares about his family," The Handler says as she puts on her sunglasses. "Why don't you try and get a husband of your...
499K 17.9K 97
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...
905K 25.8K 48
Beatrice Prior is a princess. Great, right? Wrong. Of course her parents are nice, the King and queen, but they work all day. Her brother's the same...