The Moon Goddess [3] ✓

By FifthAngeI

She was born with the power to control the universe at her fingertips. An immortal deity carved from the star... More

☾Silver and Gold
☾After Midnight
☾Only Human
☾Alpha and Luna
☾Back to Normal
☾Out of My Reach
☾Crack in the Glass
☾I Saw Him First
☾Until Now
☾Land of the Rogues
☾Queen of the Exiles
☾Ties That Bind
☾Running with Wolves
☾Cross the Line
☾One of Us
☾Like Them
☾Fight or Flight
☾Tell Me
☾Full Moon
☾The Other Sister
☽ The Goddess Inside
☽ Things Change
☽ Against the World
☽ Taking Sides
☽ Werewolf in My Closet
☽ Almost There
☽ So Close But So Far
☽ Invade My Everything
☽ Deserve Better
☽ Pack Law
☽ Sun and Moon
☽ The Moon Goddess
☽ Maddeline ☾

☽ Stab Me in the Back

64K 2.6K 294
By FifthAngeI

Graduation was in two days. . .

I couldn't believe it, I was finally going to leave and never come back. This all felt like a terrible dream I'd never wake up from; I just wanted to forget.

I was walking back to my room when I ran into a familiar face.

Cassie was alone this time, Drake wasn't there to tell her what to do.

She and I still weren't speaking to each other even though I was ready to burst. I couldn't stand being rivals with my sister.

I opened my mouth to say something but she completely ignored me, she didn't even look at me.

She'd already walked passed me when I clenched my hands into fists.

"Please tell me you had nothing to do with Penny's death." I spun on my heel and blurted.

"I'll tell you if you tell me why on Earth you'd tell Mom and Dad about werewolves." She hissed and crossed her arms.

"You didn't answer the question."

"Why would you tell them?" She ignored me and I exploded.

"Because they deserve to know! They're our parents!" I shot back angrily.

"They never would've known in the first place if you didn't snitch." She spat and slapped me across the face.

My head snapped back in shock at what she just did. When I looked back at her, she wore a smug smirk.

That's. It.

I disregarded everything and punched her in the jaw. My knuckles connected with bone and I shook my hand.

"Bitch!" She shrieked, blood staining her clothes.

She shoved me into the wall and I dodged a huge swing that hit the wall.

My heart jumped, my body going into survival mode.

Cassie tried again but I moved out of the way, just barely in time. Her punches were sloppy, her emotions getting in the way.

"I'll kill you!" She yelled in frustration and tried kicking me but I caught her foot and twisted it so she fell on the ground.

She growled loudly and tried kicking me when she was still on her side. I approached her slowly, worried I'd gone too far, but she swept my feet out from under me.

I jumped back up but she was quicker.

She retaliated by kicking me hard in the knee. I heard bones crack and instantly fell on my hands for a second before she started hitting me. That hurt.

She kicked me in the ribs when I was still down and I felt tears pierce my eyes. I couldn't breathe, it felt like a knife piercing my lungs.

I collapsed onto my side, clutching my hands to my knee.

With as much strength as I could muster, I looked up at Cassie in a blurry haze.

She smirked at me before wrapping her hands around my neck and choking me. I couldn't do anything, the throbbing pain in my knee much stronger. My body was giving up.

"Ohmygod!" I heard a girl shriek at the end of the hallway. I closed my eyes from fatigue and heard a bunch of rowdy footsteps.

"Drake, take Cassie!" That sounded like Zack.

Someone pressed a hand to my cheek.

"Maddy? Can you sit up?" Zack asked but I followed the hand to its owner: Archer.

"Archer," I moaned and reached for him. He caught my hand and kissed the back of it.

"You heard her, she called for me."

"She needs a healer. A real one, not some distracted moron mooning over his mate." Zack argued.

Archer said something but I couldn't catch it.

I tried to shake my head no but I was too weak.

"Her knee is broken." He said and I whimpered.

"Please. . . help. . ." I breathed out faintly.

"Maddy, I'll take away your pain, just hold on," Archer squeezed my hand gently but I was already out of it.

My eyes began to droop and I lost all feeling in my body. The pain in my chest was overpowering everything and I didn't want to feel anymore.

I felt strong arms lift under my legs and finally, I faded into darkness.

.•*•.

There was a bouquet of flowers on my nightstand when I woke up. My body was exhausted and there was a white bandage wrapped around my ribs.

"Hi," Archer was by my side, holding my hand.

"Hi," I smiled and he smiled back, grateful I'd opened my eyes.

I tried sitting up but the sharp pain was still there.

"How's my knee?" I tried to move as little as possible, I didn't want the pain to come back.

"Broken. But it's better than yesterday, though you'll need to stay off of it for a while."

"How will I walk?"

"I'll carry you." He said playfully and I just looked at him in slight awe. Archer was always so serious and dutiful, it was refreshing to see a different side of him.

I squeezed his hand and he squeezed back. Then I thought of Cassie.

"I can't believe she'd stab me in the back like that," I closed my eyes, "Why does she hate me so much?"

"I don't know." He said helplessly.

"Wait, did Zack come back?" Or did I just dream that up in my pain-induced haze?

"Yes, he's here."

I felt guilt weighing me down. He should at least know the truth about Zack and Ever; she was his sister.

"Look, there's something you should know," I stared him straight in the eye, "I met Azure- except, she goes by Ever. And she's Zack's mate."

He didn't look surprised and if he was, he hid it well.

"I know, Noelle told me."

"What?" I gaped at him.

"Well, not that last part, Zack explained that to me." He clarified but I was still stunned.

"So you knew all this time but didn't say anything? Why? Don't you feel betrayed I didn't tell you?"

"Never," He stroked the back of my hand, "I understand why you didn't, you were protecting her. Although," I braced for his anger, "I wish you'd be more open with me. If there's anything bothering you, I'm always here."

My heart swelled and not from the pain in my chest.

Archer looked at the clock, "It's noon, do you want some food?"

"No, thanks, I'm not hungry."

"Maddy, you need to get your strength back up." He told me seriously but I didn't feel like eating.

"Fine, can I have a banana?"

"I'll just get you everything I can carry." Archer stood up and kissed my forehead gently.

Thank you, Archer, I told him through the mind-link.

Rest.

I smiled and fell asleep before he returned.

.•*•.

I felt my strength deplete rapidly.

Something was wrong, I couldn't move my body.

I panicked.

More and more of my energy was being sucked right out of me, absorbing the life out of me. It felt like death.

A surge of bright light erupted from my body, so bright that it blinded me for a moment. I saw it diffuse into the air and disappear completely.

And then nothing. . .

. . . But the door closing quietly.

I breathed heavily, silent once again. My fingertips tingled and my body was numb.

Who the hell was just in here?

I tried calling for Archer through the mind-link but I got no answer. I tried again, this time for Zack, but there was nothing. It wasn't working, I didn't even feel it working.

It wasn't a problem with Archer or Zack or the mind-link.

It was a problem with me.

Something. . . was very wrong.

And I got this horrible feeling that my powers were gone.

The magic didn't flow through me anymore, I was like I was before: painfully average.

But who would steal my powers? Who would stab me in the back like that-

It couldn't be Cassie. How would she- how could she?

Her hand marks were still burning on my neck and that's when I realized something unbelievable.

Cassie was the one who tried to kill me after the induction, she was the one who almost succeeded. I knew she was working for Drake but I never knew she hated me so much she would kill me. My sister was my assassin.

I withered at the thought.

My powers are gone, I was helplessly human again. I gave up, not caring about anything anymore. I closed my eyes, wanting to disappear.

My parents hate me, my sister hates me, I'm alone. I'm almost dead. I'll go back to being invisible again. No one will ever want me.

Moon Goddess, you must awaken. You must defeat Drake and Cassie.

Go away, conscience.

You are the Moon Goddess, you cannot give up. With your powers, Drake and Cassie can control wolves, they can make and break mate bonds, they can create wars.

The voice in my head was so vividly clear, like there was another person in the room with me.

Why me? Why am I the Moon Goddess?

It was always inside of you, the wolves have ignored the wrath of the Moon Goddess for so long. No one else was chosen. . . you were. And there was a reason the moon chose you.

Now wake up.

I listened to the voice and coaxed myself to wake up.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10.2M 328K 49
BOOK 1 OF THE GIFT CHRONICLES ••• When the Moon Goddess created the first werewolves, she split one soul between the two of them, thus creating a per...
4K 422 52
Madison doesn't know much, but she knows a few things- 1. Seeing someone coming back from the dead is cool as hell. 2. Letting the bad guys take her...
86.5K 2.1K 24
"You're not a luna. You're a rogue. Your word means nothing." Maddie says. "Alpha Kairo, I hear you don't have a luna yet. If you ever need a backup...
35.3K 998 24
* Sutton's breath caught, almost like the room was suffocating her and the most intoxicating amazing smell flooded her nose the room became smaller w...