The Experiment 2: The Journey

Por iamRam2333

In this sequel to The Experiment (yes, it would help to read Book 1 first for this to make more sense) our fa... Mais

The Apartment
911
Neighbors
Flurry
Tim
Uncertainty
Trouble
Long Way Down
Fireproof
Pillowtalk
Fluff
The Rink
Red
Christmas Ball
White Christmas ❄️
New Year!
Unstoppable
Parting Gift
Hopelessly Devoted
Insatiable
Results
Birthday in Springtime
Overtime
Clash
End of the Day
Wake Up Call
For Better or For Worse
Cravings
Hormones
Baby Announcement!
Bold
Tired
You're Not Dei
Now What?
Desperate
Second Chances
Almost There!
Welcome Athena!!!
What'll She Look Like?
The Working Mom
Ache
Get A Clue
Indulgence
Setting Expectations
The Great Wall of RJ
Friends?
Crazy
Ask Matt
The Mendozas in NYC
Enamored
JC has a Deathwish
Athena's Christening
Hot and Cold
Thirty
Busted
Coming Clean
Wolf
In Sheep's Clothing
Blizzard
Trapped
- Zero
Raging Storm
Out
Good Luck, JC
Gallery
Brawl
Good Riddance
More Than Words
Vacations and Plans
On Their Own
House Husband Duties
Nanny Search
Matt's BabySitting Challenge
Fahrenheit
Priorities
The Right Choice
Back in Manila
The Grand Piano
Athena's First Birthday
Fans!
Paidow!
Timeless
Geline
Cheater... ?
Oh Snap!
K Mofo
Who He Was
New Beginnings
Moving Day!
Stroll
Big Girl
RJ And His Research
On A Mission
Pancakes and Whipped Cream
Hot Tempered
Daddy's Girl
Hero
Booboo
The Sanctuary
Peacemaker
Kits
Bites
Doubled
Brave Teena
Clingies
What She Wants Is What She Gets
Scares and Surprises
Brink
Kicks
Star
Celebrity Problems
Ellen
Disneywand
TJxMHIY ❤️: Clones
It's Time!
Hush Little Baby

Labour

11.6K 651 78
Por iamRam2333

RJ 💓 | 3:05 PM
Hi babe, how are you? We're having an hour break from the symposium so I'm having lunch with Matt and Mark. I tried calling you but it went to voicemail. Are you ok?

Sent to RJ 💓 | 3:28 PM
Hi babe. I'm fine. Was taking a nap earlier.

RJ 💓 | 3:28 PM
Oh. Okay. I thought so. Did you visit Dr. Hessel this morning?

Sent to RJ 💓 | 3:28 PM
Yes.

RJ 💓 | 3:28 PM
How was it? What did she say?

Sent to RJ 💓 | 3:28 PM
She confirmed that I'm on my 38th week. 38 weeks and 3 days to be exact. She said Athena could come out any day now within the next two weeks.

RJ 💓 | 3:29 PM
Really? How are you feeling now?

Sent to RJ 💓 | 3:29 PM
Good. Nothing too weird yet. Dr. Hessel said I should start walking around, climbing up and down the stairs and doing the recommended exercises. She said those can help induce labor, or at least they can make it easier for me to give birth.

RJ 💓 | 3:29 PM
Well don't go into labor now while I'm away. I'd want to be there when that happens.

Sent to RJ 💓 | 3:29 PM
😒

RJ 💓 | 3:29 PM
I miss you.

Sent RJ 💓 | 3:29 PM
Okay.

RJ 💓 | 3:34 PM
'Okay'? Just 'okay'? I waited 5 whole minutes to see if you're going to follow that up with another message.

Sent to RJ 💓 | 3:34 PM
You know perfectly well that I miss you too.

RJ 💓 | 3:34 PM
Dei are you still mad at me? I thought we're okay when I left. I'll be home before noon tomorrow babe, I promise. I just need to attend the dinner meeting tonight but I will skip the last day of the symposium tomorrow. I'll take a red eye flight so I can arrive there at early morning tomorrow.

Sent to RJ 💓 | 3:37 PM
Ok, babe. See you then. I would like to sleep again, is that okay? Have a safe flight and enjoy the rest of your stay there. I love you.

RJ 💓 | 3:37 PM
Babe...

RJ 💓 | 3:40 PM
I still have about 20 minutes left on my break. Can I call you?

RJ 💓 | 3:46 PM
So you really slept on me.

RJ 💓 | 3:46 PM
*sigh*
I love you Dei. And I'm sorry. I'll make it up to you tomorrow, I promise.

RJ 💓 | 3:55 PM
Ok... it's either you really fell asleep or are just too mad to talk to me. I love you just the same. I can't wait to see you Dei.

++++++

Her cellphone rang on the bedside table and Dei lifted her head from the pillow to look at it. She wasn't asleep yet, but she had been lying on the bed for the last four hours after her dinner with RJ's mom and Rizza. And for the last couple of hours, she had been feeling too gloomy too.

She reached for the phone and answered RJ's call.

"Babe..." she whispered.

"Babe... happy anniversary," he said on the other line.

She glanced at the digital wall clock across the bed and saw that it was 12:47 AM. He didn't even try to greet me at exactly 12 midnight or even a minute after, she thought sadly.

She blinked a couple of times to get rid of the tears that were blurring her vision, and gently wiped her cheek. She knew RJ was on a dinner meeting in California that had probably just ended since it was only 9:47 PM where he was, and she knew she was being a brat but she couldn't help feeling dejected about it.

"Happy anniversary, babe," she replied softly before heaving a huge sigh.

"You sound sad, Dei," he said, his voice laced with sadness too.

"I'm okay," she said, clearing her throat. "I just miss you. This isn't how I expected our first anniversary to be but I understand. At least I'm trying to."

"Did you want me to be there?" he asked.

"Of course. A selfish part of me wished you didn't have to leave, but that's your job so I'm trying to be understanding about it," she replied.

"Can you unlock the bedroom door then so I could come in?"

"What?"

"Unlock our bedroom door please."

Dei quickly got off the bed and walked towards the door. True enough, when she opened it, RJ was standing there with his phone over his ear.

"What are you doing here?" she asked, totally perplexed as she held the door. "I thought you said you have a dinner meeting. What time did you leave LA?"

RJ ended the call and placed the phone inside his pocket. "After our conversation earlier I practically begged Mark to let me skip the dinner meeting, then took the earliest flight as soon as the symposium for the day ended. I wanted to be here before 12 but the earliest flight available would leave at 4:15 PM," he explained. "I couldn't stand you being so sad about this whole thing, especially now when you are so close to giving birth. Thank gods, Mark came through after I told him that. Happy anniversary, babe. I hope you're happy now."

RJ handed her the bouquet of yellow carnations he had been holding behind him and Dei wrapped her arms around him so hard she almost tackled him to the ground.

"Woah, easy there, pregnant woman!" he said laughing as he held her tight. "Are you happy?"

"Yes!" she said as she looked up and kissed his jaw. "I know I was being a brat but you didn't have to do this."

"Nope. I had to," he said as he pulled her to the bed and placed the flowers on the bedside table. He helped her sit down and lean on a pile of pillows he propped against the headboard. "It's our first wedding anniversary plus Athena's coming out any time now. I don't wanna miss any moment of that."

He laid on the bed beside her and kissed her tummy before sitting up so he could kiss her too.

"I love you, RJ," she whispered when they pulled away and he was leaning his forehead against hers.

"I love you too," he whispered back. "Now you mentioned something about having to induce labor around this time now, right?"

"Yea, that's what Dr. Hessel said," Dei replied. "I've actually started walking around with your mom this evening."

"Good. Well I've been reading some stuff during my flight and I found an interesting article about how else we could induce labor," he said, grinning at her. "It's just a theory and I'm not sure if it has been proven to work but it's well recommended... and it wouldn't hurt to try."

A smile slowly crept on Dei's lips as she looked at RJ gazing at her with a smirk. "I think I know what's on your mind," she said.

"Good. Now I need you to be really quiet. We still have company and they're sleeping right next door."

+++++

"Are you okay? You've been in and out of the toilet since we woke up," RJ said as he looked up from the food he and Rose were preparing on the table.

"I'm constantly feeling the need to go but nothing's coming out," Dei said, touching her lower back.

Rose turned to look at her too. "Um, don't push it sweetheart. Are you feeling any kind of pain right now? Contractions?"

"There's a dull ache on my lower back, mom, but it's bearable. It just feels a bit uncomfortable," Dei replied as she sat on the chair.

"RJ I think you need to cancel your trip today," Rose said. "It looks like Dei is beginning to feel the first signs of labor."

"Oh," Dei said, suddenly feeling nervous.

RJ knelt beside her and touched her tummy. "Are you okay? Let's just celebrate here, babe. I agree with mom, the road trip isn't a good idea right now. I'm going to cancel our reservations at Mirror Lake."

"Okay," Dei said in a small voice. "Can you call Dr. Hessel, babe?"

"Okay."

They called the doctor and she advised Dei to continue walking around and doing her exercises to help soften and dilate her cervix a bit.

RJ took her to Central Park that morning and they walked around for a few hours. From time to time he would ask her how she felt, and to be honest she was still feeling alright. Aside from the dull pain on her back, everything else seemed normal.

She had been anticipating a series of intense pain, and she had herself ready for it, but so far, every uncomfortable feeling she was experiencing were all bearable.

They got back home past noon and Dei went straight to the toilet.

"Dei?" RJ called, knocking on the door. "You've been in there for 15 minutes. Are you okay?"

Dei got out after a few seconds, her face pale. "I'm starting to bleed," she whispered, "and it's starting to hurt... real bad."

"Mom!" RJ shouted when Dei got hit by another wave of pain due to contractions. She held his arm, gripping it tight as she waited for the pain to subside and he massaged her back, reminding her to apply the breathing techniques she had learned in her lamaze classes. He was starting to feel nervous too, lightheaded even, but he tried to remain as calm as possible.

"What happened?" Rose asked.

"She's having contractions, mom. Can you drive us to the hospital so I can help her in the backseat?"

RJ got all of her things ready and they started to leave. They were a few steps to the door when Dei paused and gasped.

"What is it?" RJ asked nervously.

"Babe, I think my water just broke," she said as she felt a gush of warm water slowly trickle through her legs.

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

1.2M 53.2K 99
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
173K 7.9K 29
Desperate for money to pay off your debts, you sign up for a program that allows you to sell your blood to vampires. At first, everything is fine, an...
97.8K 3.4K 34
❝ if I knew that i'd end up with you then I would've been pretended we were together. ❞ She stares at me, all the air in my lungs stuck in my throat...
380K 22.8K 81
Y/N L/N is an enigma. Winner of the Ascension Project, a secret project designed by the JFU to forge the best forwards in the world. Someone who is...