The Lucky Tweet(Liam Payne) B...

By WellingtonSt

Book 2~ Katelyn Brown or Katie is a youtuber. Youtuber by night and Waitress by day. So how does Liam Payne... More

The Lucky Tweet(Liam Payne)
The story
Chapter 1- That lucky tweet
Chapter 2- The rush
Chapter 3- Eh...
Chapter 4- She obviously doesn't like me
Chapter 5- #foreverAlone
Chapter 6- Liam and Sophie
Chapter 7- Highly anticipated Date
Chapter 8- Girlfriend
Chapter 9- The YouTube Awards
Chapter 10- Q&A
Chapter 11- Welcome to the Family
Chapter 12- Meeting the Mum
Chapter 13- Exes reunite
Chapter 14- Thanksgiving
Chapter 15- #Kiam
Chapter 16- A bit of a Sticky Wicket
Chapter 18- A little party killed nobody
Chapter 19- You & I
Epilouge

Chapter 17- Christmas Eve

1.5K 38 3
By WellingtonSt

We were all inside of Tyler and I’s house for Christmas Dinner, tomorrow Liam and I would be going to his mum’s house for Christmas Day, which should be fun.

We were all drinking and just having a laugh. Niall and Spencer were the second ones to show up. I was having a chat when Spencer so loudly, might I add walked in and shouted ‘Merry Christmas’ to everybody. She’s a hoot to have around. She gave everyone hugs and kisses. Eleanor’s face lit up and started laughing at Spencer’s Sweater.

“What? Wish you had my sweater?” she said and El just laughed her ass off.

“Hi Katie how are you?” she said hugging me.

“I’m fantastic, how are you?”

“Happy” she said and sent me a dazzling smile and I could only laugh. No wonder she and Niall are perfect together. I went into the kitchen followed by Eleanor and Spencer, they were going to help me prepare the ham and all the other side dishes.

“So what happened to you and Liam?” asked Eleanor casually as she started to dish out the mashed potatoes into the bowl.

“Sophia” I said as I took the ham out of the oven.

“Enough said” said Spencer as she helped me slice the ham.

“Hello Ham” said Niall as he walked in and put an arm around Spencer “Can I try a piece”

Spencer took a piece off and fed it to Niall, to which he wanted more, but Spencer said no.

“Who else are we waiting for?” asked Liam as he wrapped his arms around my waist.

“Harry, Zayn, and Perrie” I said as I cut the ham up and put it on a fancy plate. At that moment the doorbell rang and Niall got up to get it.

“THEY”RE HERE!” yelled Niall as he walked back into the kitchen, to which Spencer rolled her eyes at him.

“You’re so loud” she muttered in his ear and he just kissed her in response.

“You love me” he smirked.

“That I do” she said and she grabbed a plate and set it on the table.

Once all the food was done and prepared we set it on the table and just ate. We ate and talked and made REALLY inappropriate jokes and just had a good laugh. It was really fun. That’s what I enjoy about Christmas, it’s spending time with the people that really matter most to you and that are close to their heart. Then something hit me. I didn’t give Timmy his Christmas present.

Timmy is a 4 year old cancer patient that I’ve been seeing for the past 2 years. I’ve been visiting him at St. George’s hospital and he’s my best friend. He has a cancer that can’t be cured and he only has a year left. This year I promised him I’d visit him for Christmas. Tyler and I got him a fantastic gift and we were going to give it to him.

“Shit” Tyler and I said at the same time and I looked at him and smiled knowingly.

“What?” asked Harry.

“Tyler and I have to go to the Hospital” I said getting up. As soon as I said that everyone’s face became full of alarm.

“Why?” asked Liam.

“We have to visit a friend of ours; we promised that he would get a visit from us this year before….” Tyler started but then trailed off and he met my sad eyes, I nodded knowing what he was getting at.

“Before what?” asked Liam.

“Nothing” I said and shook my head before getting up and grabbing his present from the closet. It was a photo album with Timmy, Tyler, and I and we got him his favorite stuffed animal he always wanted. Then Tyler framed our favorite picture of the three of us to give to his parents as a ‘thank you’ and that we loved Timmy just as much they did.

“You ready?” asked Tyler as he walked into the closet that I was standing in. I looked at him with watery eyes. What if this is the last time I’ll ever see him? He was such a sweet boy always loving life and just at the age of 4.

“I don’t think I can do this” I whispered as Tyler pulled me in for a hug and rubbed my back. We were soon interrupted my Liam, as he cleared his throat and I wiped away a couple of tears before I flashed Liam a confident smile.

“You okay?” he asked and I nodded quickly.

“Do you guys want to come?” I asked all of them as Tyler and I walked back into the kitchen. They all nodded and Tyler smiled.

“Let’s go then” he said and we all piled into our cars. I drove with Tyler and Liam. The car ride there was very silent. Once we reached the hospital, I took a deep breath before walking in the hospital. The boys and their girlfriends followed us quietly and I felt Liam take my hand and squeezed it in a comforting manner. Lucky for us there were no paps outside which was good. I said ‘hello’ so Sandy at the front desk and she knew who we were and Tyler and I walked to the elevator and punched the number to the Cancer wing of the hospital.

Once we reached the floor, we silently got out and was met by Sam at the desk and he said ‘Merry Christmas’ to us as we walked by and we mumbled it back and Sam met us with sad eyes as he knew what we were here for. We reached Timmy’s room and Tyler grabbed my hand and gave me a nod as we walked into his room to be met by his parents and his Doctor- who was Dr. Tom.

“Ah! Hello Katie and Tyler” he said and gave us hugs “How are you? And who have you brought here?”

“We’re good and this is our friends and Katie’s boyfriend Liam” said Tyler and I looked at them and they all shook the Doctors hand.

“Pleasure to meet you” he said and he pulled Tyler and I aside as the boys went to go and talk to Timmy for the first and possibly last time.

“This is Timmy’s last day presumably” he started off and my eyes went wide and I didn’t know what to say. He was really my best four years here in London. He made me go out day by day and just enjoy life. I remember visiting him the first year when I was 15 and I signed up to visit a cancer patient in London. By parents agreed but  they didn’t think I’d get so attached to him. He was so young and happy.

“He’s been wanting to see you all day” continued the Doctor “I’ll give you guys a moment with him”

We both nodded and walked over to Timmy. The boys all looked at us as we walked over to him and Timmy’s face lit up like the Christmas tree in his hospital room.

“Katie, Tyler” he squealed as we gave him a hug “I thought I wasn’t going to see you”

“We’ll always see you” I murmured to him as I ran a hand through is dirty blond hair.

The boys left the room according to Doctors orders and sat outside and talked in hushed voices.

“We have something for you bud” said Tyler as we gave him the photo album and the stuffed Toy.

“Thank you sooo much” he said and looked through it and gave us all hugs and kisses. The mom and dad had little tears running down their faces as they looked at us. I gave them the frame and she looked at it and touched it like it was going to break.

“Thank you so much” she whispered to me and I felt my eyes water.

“No, thank you for making this happen and let me be a part of your son’s world” I said and hugged.

There was a moment of silence as we just stared at how happy he was and how something so small and sweet could go through this kind of battle. It makes you want to live your life more care-free and happy. It makes you look at the world differently.

“Katie?” Timmy asked me and I looked at him, cutting off my trance.

“Yes?” I asked as I went to go stand next to me.

“Am I going to die?” he asked me with his little clear blue eyes staring up into my brown ones.

“No, what gave you that idea?” I said putting my hand to his head.

“The doctor said so” he said still looking at me “I’m afraid I’ll never see you again”

I closed my eyes as I felt my chest tighten and my heart swell with love for this child. I’m going to miss him so much.

“Timmy, remember what I told you” I started off “you’re not going to die, you’re going to go out in this world and live your life; you’ll meet dinosaurs” as I said that Tyler smiled (a very sad one) and held onto Timmy’s left hand.

“You’re going to go out and meet new people, and explore the world” finished Tyler and I smiled at him.

“Timmy, hun” I said and he looked at me again “We will never forget you and you’ll always see us. Whether in the land of the dinosaurs or when we meet you someplace else in the world”

“We’ll always be beside you no matter what” said Tyler and I could tell he was trying to cry.

“You’ll always see us again, no matter what and that’s a promise Tyler and I will make” I said trying not to cry “We love you”

“I love you too” he said hugging us both. He yawned and I knew. Tyler and I both kissed him on the head and gave his parents a hug and the doctor walked in.

He nodded to us and we patted his shoulder. As we left the room we heard the faint noise of the heart monitor and the sobs of a mother saying that her child has left her.

I let the tears flow after that and just fell to the floor. Tyler came and sat next to me and whispered comforting words to me. I felt a pair of strong arms lift me up and sat me on his lap in the hospital chairs. I heard Sam comforting Tyler as I just cried, silent sobs escaping my mouth.

I remembered everything we did; from the first day we met him to the last day on this Christmas Eve. I know he’s in a better place, one where he’ll be healthy and happy and he won’t have to worry about anything. No fears or sadness. He’ll always be protected and safe.

I felt good inside though, that I did something good and I made a difference in a little boy’s world. I’m going to miss him , but I know I’ll see him again.

It’s not the last time I’ll see him.

He’s always in my heart and I’ll never forget that.

***

The book only has 2 more chapter left. I'll post chapter 18 tonight and chapter 19 on SUnday and the epilouge on Monday.

This chapter was a very sad one for me to write, it's inspired by the song Ronan by Taylor Swift. A picture of Ronan is on the side and please listen to the song as you read this chapter.

So go and start to read the next book in the series "The Back-up Plan' it's a Harry Styles one and i hope you guys enjoy it!!

Lots of love!

~Chrissx

NEXT UPDATE: TONIGHT

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3M 54.2K 53
"It wasn't like I was a hater or anything, I just had better things to do than stalk One Direction's Twitter and Facebook page." Ella Strauss once sa...
310K 7.7K 74
you meet harry in an unlikely way. you go from fan girl to performer? here's ur story :) lmao i told u guys in the first chapter it won't be that lon...
11K 151 70
Hazel a 7 year old girl rescued from her abusive household and put into an adoption centre. Meanwhile Louis, Zayn, Liam, Niall and Harry want a new...
32.2K 809 62
Brianna Collins is just a normal teenager. Is she? No. Her college life was miserable. Her life is the one teenagers never wanted. Being bullied all...