Distance (Aruani - SNK/AOT) ✔

De WonderingAuthor

"Mummy? Where's my daddy, mummy? Where is daddy?" For three years, Annie Leonhardt of the Military Police, h... Mai multe

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Part Two: Seventeen
Part Two: Eighteen
Part Two: Nineteen
Part Two: Twenty
Part Two: Twenty One
Part Two: Twenty Two
Part Two: Twenty Three
Part Two: Twenty Four
Part Two: Twenty Five
Part Two: Twenty Six
Part Two: Twenty Seven
Part Two: Twenty Eight
Part Two: Twenty Nine
Part Two: Thirty
Part Two: Thirty One
Part Two: Thirty Two
Part Three: Thirty Three
Part Three: Thirty Four
Part Three: Thirty Five
Part Three: Thirty Six
Part Three: Thirty Seven
Part Three: Thirty Eight
Part Three: Thirty Nine
Part Three: Forty
Part Three: Forty One
Part Three: Forty Three
Part Three: Forty Four
Part Three: Forty Five
The Last Part
Authors Note

Part Three: Forty Two

4.2K 198 61
De WonderingAuthor

We followed the advisor quickly through the streets, until we arrived at the Garrison base that was in Stohess. Emilee was holding my hand tightly. I looked up. A small group of Garrison members stood at the top of the wall, setting up signal guns and talking excitedly amongst each other. My stomach flipped.

"Excuse me? Is this what I think it is?" I asked the advisor, hopefully.

She turned around to face us with a big grin. "Yes, it is!" she answered. Simon looked at me, and I looked at him. We smiled. I could feel a tear prickle the corner of my eye.

"Mummy? Is this about daddy?"

"Yes it is darling. He's coming home!"

"Yey!" she almost screamed with joy, and reached up her arms to hug me.

Simon smiled. "Let's go."

We made our way into the Garrison base, and sat down at a long table with the members.

After sitting Emilee down, I stood up.

"What is the news?"

A short haired, tall girl stood up. "We're just awaiting Mr Pixis Ma'am. He should be here soon."

"What has been heard?" I asked. The same Garrison member looked up at me.

"We received a signal an hour ago from Karanese saying that the Scouts had been spotted coming nearer. All of them. The volunteers, the lot."

"That's amazing news!" I said. She nodded.

"Yes. We are unsure of where they are now though."

"Knowing Commander Erwin, they're on their way here. But if there has been casualties, they might have stayed in Karanese. My Military Police members are definite to come here to see me first, therefore its a waiting game now."

She nodded, and sat down. Then the door opened, and in came Pixis and a few other Garrison members.

"Hello Annie. Simon." He smiled. Simon stood up to shake his hand. I sat back down with him.

"The news is as positive as I think it is, I presume?" Pixis commented, looking around at us.

"Indeed it is," I said.

"We can assume that they will come through the city, in order to go to see the king. We can also assume that the king will ask for us Annie."

"Yes. I think so too."

"Well, the rest of you can leave. I wish to talk to Miss Leonhardt alone."

I looked towards Simon, who winked, answering my unasked question by standing up and taking Emilee by the hand outside to wait. I smiled, then turned and sat down with the king.

"I take it this news is music to your ears," he said, looking down at his parchment paper. I scowled.

"Yes. Indeed it is."

He smiled. "You'll marry this boy then?"

"Yes. Of course."

"Good. Now, unless you have anything else-"

"I just want you to know that the Scouting Legion worked extremely hard for this. I'm sure you could see that last year. But they don't get treated fairy, and I want to see an increase in their incomes and their living standards."

"That's a lot to ask."

"When I was merely a trainee in the Military Police, I won more money that all of the Scouting Legion combined. It cannot be difficult therefore to increase their salaries. They do a harder job than a lot of my trainees. They deserve it, after all."

He watched me closely, then smiled. "Alright Annie. I'll consider it in the next council meeting. Your daughter is waiting. Have a nice evening."

Always so blunt with his answers.

I nodded, stood up, and left.

As I walked out, I couldn't stop but smile as Simon ran around in the courtyard, with Emilee on his back, jumping up and down and laughing.

"Come here you fools!" I laughed, running over.

Emilee grabbed me by the shoulder and pulled me forward into her arms, still on Simons back. We stayed close, laughing and hugging, until we were cut off by the sound of an embarrassed cough. We turned around to see Hitch.

"Oh... Urgh..."

"Do you need me?" I asked. She looked up.

"The MP Volunteers have just arrived. I've left them in the hall. They would like to see you."

"Oh, right. Brilliant. Does that mean the Scouts are back?"

She bit her lip. "No. They're staying in Karanese for the night."

"Ah, okay. Come om you two." I ruffled Emilee's hair, and they followed me down the road.

We were stopped again by another girl, who's voice I had only heard once.

"Excuse me?" She said.

We turned. It was the tall, short haired girl who had talked to me inside. Her eyes were narrowed, looking straight at Simon. He paused, and took Emilee down, standing up.

I raised an eyebrow. "Yeah?"

She continued to look at Simon.

"Are you Simon Holt, by any chance?"

Simon nodded, looking towards me, then back at her.

She smiled. "Oh, hello. Sorry. I was Jane's friend. Anna. I think we've met on a few occasions."

He opened his mouth, then walked forward.

"Anna! That really is you! Wow, its been ages."

He hugged her, and she looked back, slightly uncomfortably at me and Emilee.

"Is Commander Leonhardt your new wife?" She asked, straightforwardly.

I felt my cheeks blush, and Emilee laughed. Anna looked up to see Simon's embarrassed face, and blushed bright red.

"I'm so sorry! I thought, you know..."

"It's alright. It happens. No, he's just a really good friend of mine," I smiled. "Anyway, I think we should leave you two to it. Busy day tomorrow." I smiled at the both of them, who smiled back at me, then winked at Simon, who hadn't stopped staring at her the whole time.

"I think Simon is in love with her!" Emilee said. I chuckled.

"Let's hope so," I said.

Later, I was faced with over 100 MP members, who had come to the Stohess Base to meet with me and the Squad Captains. I gave a speech, thanking them for their hard work and bravery, and personally made sure that each of them had a horse to ride back to their homes.

As they all left, I went to go and check on Emilee in my office, when:

"Commander Leonhardt?" A member came running down towards me, looking hot and flustered.

"Hello, Harry, wasn't it?"

He blushed as I remembered his name, then took out a letter from his bag.

"A Scout member asked me to give you this."

My heart started beating. I took the letter.

"Do you know who?" I asked. He shook his head.

"No, but, it was a girl. She was tall, with long dark brown hair."

Sasha? Or Ymir? Why would they send me a letter?

"Oh, yes, I know. Thank you Harry."

"You're welcome. Good night."

I smiled, and waited for him to leave, before entering my office and reading it.

Once I had read it all the way through, I couldn't stop happy tears fall from my face.

Annie,

Sorry this is rushed. We're in Karanese, and your MP people are about to leave.

Armin sends his love. He's in the hospital, having repairs done to his fake leg. He refused to not be mentioned when I told him I'm sending you this letter.

We've sent you this, because you and Emilee are the only other people that we haven't told!

(I've been waiting to write this for so long!)

You are invited to the wedding ceremony of Sasha Braus and Connie Springer.

It will take place in a weeks time, in Trost District. The ceremony begins at midday.

We cannot wait to see you Annie! There's a lot of things that need to be said. You bought us back to each other, and we will forever be grateful for that.

All our love,

Connie and Sasha.

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

93.6K 2.8K 24
A story about my OTP: Annie x Armin from SNK/AOT Annie stayed away from everyone, kept quiet. Was almost invisible to everyone around her. Well... Al...
127K 4.3K 49
What happened when Levi mum died Sure we know the story of how Kenny found him But what if there was an alternative universe where a different Acke...
48.8K 1.5K 25
(I do not own any characters) Eren is a cold 18 year old boy lost both his parents at a young age and lives with his older half-brother Zeke in a fai...
1.4M 53.5K 72
She was one of the most talented cadets the regiment has ever seen. So it came quite a shock to them when they heard that she was planning to join th...