Sorry About That (Gaster!Sans...

By little-nabb

You worked for the newspaper, doing a simple editing job and a few other things here and there. Ever since mo... More

Reader's basic info
Pantie-Shot
YOU HAVEN'T EVEN MOVED IN YET
Wakey, Wakey, Eggs and Bakey!
Probably Won't Be Sleeping Tonight
Let's Go Out
Making Small Moments
Officially Buddies
Oh, Oh, Here She Comes
Jonathan Slater and Baba
Man's Best Friend
Dreaming the Reality
You've Been Warned
The Man Who Speaks In Hands
Shopping Incidents and Not So Innocent Questions
Patience and Justice
Old Best Friends Aren't The Best of Friends.
Darling, You're A Star!
Sick With This Feeling
Dinner Date (REWRITTEN)
sans the skeleton (REWRITTEN)
In A Different Point of View
New Parts coming out!
What's Most Important

It's A Struggle

3.2K 184 124
By little-nabb

-goopy and G- share scars, speak same language

-G singing causes the dreams

-There are two monster(?) souls in the white space

-Another person lives there with goopy

-Cloaked person knows something

You were staring at the piece of paper, anxiously tapping the pencil on the paper, your leg bouncing. Sighing, you put a hand through your hair. You knew about the dreams, but Sans was still a whole other theory and you had zero leads on him. Your eyes wandered to the blue jacket sprawled on the floor in your closet. You sighed again. Just another loose end.

There was a knock on your door, making you jump. "dinner's ready whenever you are, sweetheart." G's voice came through. You quickly took your notes, shoving them in a yellow folder and into a random drawer in your desk.

"Alright, I'll only be a second."

It had been only two days after your strange, and horrifying dreams. After you had calmed down, you told G you just had a panic attack. Which you did, but it was deeper than that and you both knew it. You still flinched if he got to close. The friendship was still there, but you couldn't help but feel like you tore it.

You put a barrier between the two of you that wasn't there before and G saw it grow everyday. You were becoming distant, spending more hours inside your room than before. It was too early to say anything about your behaviors, though.

You collected yourself as fast as you could and went out of your bedroom. You smiled big as you entered the kitchen. G was wearing the pink apron you had bought him, making him look adorable. G smirked up at you, turning and handing you your plate full of spaghetti.

You hummed a thanks, taking the plate, your fingers brushing his and his carved holes. You jittered slightly, but quickly caught yourself. "Thank you."

The skeleton noticed, but kept to himself as you sat a seat farthest away from him at the kitchen table. The two of you ate in silence as G could feel his SOUL dim a bit.

---

"doll, i'm going to spend a few night at paps. you need anything before i go?" G had walked into your room, duffle bag hanging off his shoulder. You were slightly surprised.

"Yeah, of course. I'm fine, you go have fun." You pet Baba's head, the dog sitting with you on your bed. "Baba will miss you."

"..i'll miss him too. bye." You saw G's hand clench on the doorknob before he shut the door. Footsteps fade away from your room and out the door.

---

"Baba, please." You groaned, tugging on the dogs collar. He hadn't moved from his spot at the front door since the fourth day G had been gone. You were worried about him not drinking or eating.

The dog refused to move and you huffed. Stubborn as a mule, you supposed. You grabbed his food and water dish, placing them beside the dog and out of the walkway so you wouldn't trip over it. Baba didn't go near it.

Your gut wrenched in sadness.

---

"Hey, Alphys." You smiled over the phone. You hadn't made outside contact in days. Hearing the dinosaur's voice was soothing to your being. "What's with the sudden call?"

"W-well, I was j-j-just wondering.." She stuttered nervously. "W-where G was? H-H-he has-hasn't been very uh... S-social? W-with us. We just haven't heard fr-from him in a while, so..."

"Last I heard he was at Papyrus's place. Maybe try calling him?" You guessed, tapping down your work on your laptop.

"P-papyrus..? I-I see.. Bye." The dial tone rung out in your ear. You took the phone away from you, looking at it curiously.

How strange.

---

You were working late when the door was slammed open. You yelped, turning around quickly and holding your computer over your head. You saw a familiar skeleton and sighed, lowering your computer.

"G, you scared me. You, uh... Your home." You greeted slowly, counting in your head. He had been gone about a week and a half. G's pinpricks met yours, his eyes slack and tired. His mouth twitched.

G grumbled at you, shutting the door behind him loudly and walking to his room, ignoring you. Your eyes followed him until he disappeared in the bedroom.

..welcome back?

---

G wasn't there when you got up in the morning. His room was trashed and reeked of alcohol, too. You cleaned it up and got rid of the stench, expecting an explanation when G came home that evening.

He never did.

---

You groaned loudly, hanging up your phone and throwing it to the couch. It missed and hit the carpet.

G hadn't been returning any of your calls or texts. You called Papyrus but he sounded distant and only gave you vague answers that didn't help.

Whatever G was up to, you were getting tired of it. You missed him and just wanted him to come home.

The house felt empty, even with Baba there. And you could tell the pet felt it too.

---

Maybe this was your fault. For acting so distant, for creating that barrier. You wished that G wasn't around, so you could breathe a little, and now he's gone and you feel like your suffocating. You wanted to stop this. Your curiosity, your search for answers. You would throw it all away, living in denial and obliviousness if you could just know your friend was safe.

Your hands went up and down your arms. You were curled up on your bed, trying to sleep but it was futile. You couldn't sleep, not with knowing the bed in the next room was empty, and might stay that way. You shivered, curling tighter in your ball.

This was all your fault.

---

You moaned, lightly hitting your dog on the nose. "Stop," Baba licked your hand again. You didn't have the energy to get out of bed. "Baba, please." You sighed, pushing him away. "I don't want your kisses."

Baba jumped up on your bed and you groaned. The big Bernese flopped down on top of you, right on the curve of your waist. You turned on your back to flop him off and he quickly laid back down on your stomach. "Baba," you put a hand on your dogs head. He stared up at you with sad beady eyes and you immediately felt guilty. You shouldn't have your depression affecting others. "Wanna go on a walk?" He shook his head and you were too tired to be surprised. "Yeah, me neither buddy. Maybe... When G comes home we can all go on a walk together." You smiled at the thought but it quickly turned into a frown as you continued to pet Baba's head, staring up at the ceiling. "If he ever comes back, that is."

---

You heard Baba sliding on the wooden floors, jumping up and down. He barked loudly, making you quickly run out of the room to see what was wrong. You called out his name to calm him down but still Baba clawed eagerly at the front door.

You held his collar, keeping him back and opened the door with some struggle. You were only to open it by a sliver, but you could still catch a white pinprick staring down at you. You almost lost grip on Baba in surprise and how the dog fumbled even more at the sight of his other master.

"..G?" You almost couldn't believe it was him. He looked exactly the same as when he left, bag around his shoulder but his jacket was around his other arm. You never really liked the leather jacket, you always preferred it when he had it off.

"Why..." You stopped yourself in your tracks. You did your best with smiling, but it hurt your cheeks. "Why are you knocking on the door to your own house?"

"i was kind of hoping you'd say 'who's there'" G shrugged. You nodded and shut the door in his face. You heard him laugh and you relished it. It was so nice to hear his laugh. Was that weird? You pressed your forehead against the door, still holding the collar of Baba who calmed down.

A knock came out on the door, two simple hard ones. "Who's there...?"

"amish."

"Amish who?"

"amish'd you." You gulped. Hastily, you raised your hand.

And knocked on the door. Two, soft ones that reached G's ears. You heard him sigh. "who's there?"

"Cynthia."

"cynthia who?" You supposed he hadn't heard this one before from how his voice perked up a bit. You smiled sadly.

"Cynthia been gone, I've missed you."

"..open the door, sweetheart." You knocked on the door again. "sweetheart." He persisted but so did you. "who's there?"

"Butch."

"...butch who."

"Will you butch your arms around me if I open the door?"

"if you want me to, doll." You let go of Baba's collar. You opened the door, staring down at G's boots with a certain interest. You raised your arms and lightly made grabby hands, your habit taking control. The skeleton didn't even bother to laugh at the childish behavior, quickly scooping you up in his arms instead.

Something got the best of you and you started to cry onto his sweater. The cries turned into sobs as your desperately held onto G, worrying he might walk away again. "I'm sorry," you cried as he rubbed your back. "I'm sorry, it's all my fault. I'm dumb, I'm so stupid and I-" you hiccuped. "I-m so so-orry."

G continued to run his hands down your back in smooth circles, purposely breathing slow and heavy to calm you down. "you aren't stupid, sweetheart." You struggled to match your breath with his. Some came in too quick and some too slow. But G stayed patient, inhaling and exhaling loudly for you to hear and follow. "nothing is your fault. i got you, baby doll. i'm not leaving again."

"I'm sorry," you apologized again. "I didn't- I don't want to.. I don't want you to think I hate you." You sniffed, your crying calming down. You hid your face in his sweater still and your toes hurt from being perched up to hug him. "I-I've just been having t-these... Dreams. These horrible dreams and I'm sorry. I g-got freaked out and.. I don't even know why I'm doing this." You started to laugh. "I got so depressed when you were gone. I.. I don't even know why. This is so dumb."

"when someone you care about disappears, you have a reaction." G's touches wandered around your whole back, sometimes stroking your neck and arms. "that's just science."

"Yeah." You relaxed in his grip. "It's late." G nodded, humming as he nuzzled into your hair. He could tell you haven't had a shower but you still smelled wonderful. "Sleep with me tonight, please." Your grip returned and G chuckled at your bluntness.

"okay, hun." He agreed anyway, and almost falls over when you jump up. His arms slacked as you wrapped your legs around his pelvis to keep yourself up, your head in the crook of his vertebrae.

G he returned the grip so you wouldn't fall, carrying you forward. Baba had went to the couch some time ago when you two first started hugging. The dog was surprisingly smart.

G tried to ignore the way his magic thrummed and beat in his chest as he set you down on your mattress, laying down next to you. How his SOUL seemed to jump and fluster at how easily you trusted him, tangling yourself around his bones. He didn't deserve that trust. He didn't deserve someone like you.

Why would he deserve anything after what he's done?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

209K 7.6K 34
Want to talk about falling into the wrong place at the wrong time? Y/N definitely scored big time on that one. One moment she's falling, the next she...
129K 5.7K 17
• Art is by kane__i on Twitter • [Fem!Reader] 『 The group of skeletons were taken aback by the unexpected appearance of who exactly? You, of course. ...
4.8K 625 17
Based on how chaotic your life is, you can't say you're shocked to see how your day turned out to be. You barely remember how you ended up in this da...
13.8K 415 15
(DISCONTINUED) 'A young girl has just been living her life normally; until she turned thirteen--the age where you can find your soulmate. That was w...