Umbrella [COMPLETED]

Par SophiaMission

"Love is a decision, it is a judgment, it is a promise. If love were only a feeling, there would be no basis... Plus

Umbrella
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Author's note :)
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44 - FINALE -
Author's Note

Chapter 1

674 18 16
Par SophiaMission

CATHERINE MCMILLAN

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I’m currently on my way to some “crappy school” called Wilson High. I’m obviously a new student and on my second year. Though it’s a good thing since if I was a first year student in a new school, then I’d be bullied for the rest of my high school life. I looked up at the sky and it was dark so I got a hunch that it was going to rain. I took out my umbrella just in case. A few minutes later, it rained really hard and I opened my umbrella. Half way until I was going to reach school when the rain became thicker so I took cover under a waiting area for buses just near our school.

 “ugh.. I’m getting wet because of you!”, I shouted out to the pouring rain. I was obviously stupid enough to talk to something that doesn’t talk. I turned to my right and saw a boy sitting by the bench behind me. His uniform was soaking wet and I could tell he was shivering. I took out my small towel and covered him. Honestly, I should be the one who’s shivering and a hot guy should be the one doing what I’m about to do. Talk about reality. Anyway, I placed the towel around him and he looked up at me. He had crystal green eyes that matched his messy wet brown hair. He wasn’t that hot but he’s handsome.

 “Thanks.”, he said. I didn’t know what to say so I just sat beside him.

 “I guess I’ll be skipping first period today.”, he started. I looked at him in surprise since he started a conversation. Honestly, it would be a conversation if I would reply but I did.

 “Count me in. Having the same uniform could mean we go to the same school, huh?”

 “Yeah. I don’t remember seeing you in school. Are you new at Wilson High?”, he asked. You guessed it right man. I’m new.

 “Yes I am. I’m a second year.”

 “Well, I’m a second year too. What’s your first class?”, he asked again. I took my schedule from inside my bag and showed it to him.

“Well, we exactly have the same schedule. We’ll be classmates for this year then.”, he said. I just nodded and looked up the sky. Geez rain, when are you planning to stop? I stood up and opened my umbrella.

 “We can’t just sit here all day, now can’t we?”, I told him as I started to walk away.

 “Wait.”, he shouted. He followed me on our way to school. The rain was still hard and I looked behind, he was shivering and wet by the rain and took cover under a huge tree. I turned around and went to him. I placed my umbrella over him and he looked up to me.

 “All you had to do was ask.”, I smiled at him. He actually smiled back and I felt happy for some weird reason God knows.

 “Let’s go. First period’s going to be over. We wouldn’t want to be late for second period.”, I told him as we walked to school. We arrived at our room. Unfortunately, second period was Math. “Mental Abuse To Humans”, as I would like to describe it.

 “Mr. Wilson! You’re soaking wet. Go to the restroom and fix yourself. And you miss, go fix yourself too and both of you return to my class in twenty minutes.”. Well, our teacher was kind enough to recognize how wet we were. So I went to the girls restroom and changed into a spare uniform. I was actually going to place the spare on my locker but I guess not today. I was now wearing a dry set of uniform and socks and everything. I don’t want to go into details. I went out of the restroom and I saw him standing on the other side. Was he waiting for me? I guess he actually did.

 “Let’s go?”, he asked. He was wearing our uniform. I guess he brought a spare too. He looked much more handsome now. His hair was placed up in spikes so his whole forehead was shown. He didn’t have a big forehead so he’s good. We entered the room and everyone stared at us. What were we? Some kind of reality TV stars? He went to his seat as I handed my schedule to our teacher. It was wet because of the rain.

 “Sorry if it’s wet. It’s because of the rain actually.”, I apologized. She remained silent but talked after how many seconds.

 “So you’re new here? Okay class, meet Miss Catherine McMillan. She’ll be with us until God knows when. Catherine, take that seat beside Mr. Wilson. Sit by the window.”. I went to my assigned seat.

“Welcome to Wilson High, Catherine.”, he told me. I looked at him and smiled,

“Thanks Mr. Wilson.”

 “Call me Dylan. My name is Dylan Wilson. Nice to meet you. Sorry I wasn’t able to introduce myself back there.”

 “It’s okay. I’m sorry too. Nice to meet you Dylan. I’m Catherine McMillan.”. We both shook hands and listened to the teacher. Finally, lunch break arrived and stood up and fixed my things. I took my bag and went out of the room.

 “Hey Catherine!”, I heard a girl scream. I turned around and saw a blonde girl smiling at me.

 “I’m Stacy Morland. Call me Stacy for short.”, she introduced. I think of the name “Stacy” as a short name. She could have just told me to call her by her first name.

 “Catherine. Catherine McMillan. “. We shook hands and went to the cafeteria. I got an apple and burger for lunch. For the drinks, just water.

 “You only having that for lunch?”, Stacy asked.

 “Yes.”. She only smiled and took her tray. We sat by the glass windows. It was a really huge school since it was a private school. It was a school exclusively for students with high grades. Well, I don’t have good grades. I’m only here as a scholar.

 “So, Catherine. What made you enroll in this school?”

“I’m a scholar in this school.”

“Is that so? That’s impressive. You must have high grades to be a scholar.”, she replied. I took a bite from my burger and asked her about Dylan.

“Oh Dylan? He’s the most popular guy in school. He’s a nerd inside a hot guy’s body. He’s also talented in music and arts but not into athletics though. He’s being hated by the captain of the football team, Michael Collins.”, Stacy explained. So that explains what happened when my and Dylan entered Math a while ago.

 “Also, he’s a bookworm. He spends most of his time in the library. He even eats inside there. He’s a hot version of Albert Einstein.”, Stacy added.

 “That’s pretty detailed Stacy.”, I stood up.

 “Where are you going?”, she asked.

 “Somewhere. By the way, I wouldn’t call him hot.”, I smiled at her and walked away. I walked through how many halls and passed through many doors and classrooms until I finally came to a sign that said “Library”. I entered the room and there wasn’t anyone inside. Well it was lunch break and you wouldn’t find any people inside a library during lunch breaks. I looked around and saw Dylan.

 “Have you eaten lunch yet?”, I asked from behind. He looked behind and smiled.

 “I didn’t expect for anyone to come here during lunch break.”, he stated. I sat beside him and took out my apple.

 “Here. It’s an evidence that we’re now officially friends.”, I said. He took the apple and said,

 “How can an apple be an evidence?”, he asked. Woah there, he just smirked at me and boy he’s gotten more handsome.

 “It depends on how you would see it though. I see it as an evidence.”, I replied.

 “Okay then. If you say so. Thanks.”. He took a bite from the apple and began to read.

“Don’t you want to eat out in the cafeteria?”, I asked. I was really bold enough to ask him.

“I prefer to eat here. It’s quieter. I like to study a lot so I prefer it here.”

 “But isn’t eating inside the library prohibited?”, I asked again.

 “I have permission and the librarian welcomes me with open arms.”

 “Okay.”. It was all I could say. I stood up and took my bag.

 “I have to go. Stacy’s waiting for me.”, I waved my hand as a sign of goodbye.

 “Bye. See you later in class.”, he waved back. I opened the door and closed it. Then I thought, why the heck did I just go to him? I mean, I don’t like nerds for pete’s sake! Actually, I was a bully in my previous school. I bullied people for no reason, mostly nerds. That’s because I get irritated when I see their faces but why didn’t I get irritated by Dylan? Probably because he’s handsome. Yeah, that’s right. If he wasn’t handsome, i would’ve bullied him at the station this morning. I went back to Stacy who was waiting for me.

 “Where have you been? It’s been like thirty minutes!”, she asked.

 “I just went to the library to check on him. I gave him my apple so he would have something to eat.”, I stated. Stacy made a weird face even I can’t describe.

 “Wait. What’s that supposed to mean? Do you like him already? I mean, you just met him hours ago Catherine.”

 “What? I’m just being friendly."

“Friendly or not, don’t go near him as if you’re his best friend if you don’t want to hear bad rumors about yourself.”, Stacy warned me. I just stared at her. I didn’t know what to say. I said something honestly and I think she misunderstood it by having a conclusion that I “like” Dylan which is of course NOT true.

 “I’m going to have English next. You?”, Stacy asked. As she stood up and took her bag. I looked at my schedule and said,

 “I’m going to have History. I’m done with English just this morning. It’s my first period.”, I replied plainly.

 “I have to go. Bye then.”, she said as she walked away. I only had twenty minutes to find my room for history class and I got lost. Then a blonde guy came to me.

 “Lost?”, he said. I just nodded as I was too focused on finding my classroom since I only have ten minutes left.

 “What class are you having next?”, he asked.

 “History. You wouldn’t know where the room is, would you?”, I asked.

 “I’m in history too. Let’s go together.”. I nodded as we walked to our room.

“I’m Michael Collins. You must be Catherine, the new girl.”

 “How did you know my name?”, I asked curiously. Michael scratched the back of his head and said,

 “I just heard it from my friends.”, he plainly replied. I didn’t say anything. We entered the room and I didn’t know where to sit. I asked our teacher and he pointed the seat beside Dylan. I went to my seat and placed my bag as I sat down. He didn’t talk to me for the whole time. I wonder why? That must be his true attitude. He must be a guy that treats people as if they’re not there. Science came next and still he didn’t talk to me. I wanted to ask but as soon as last period ended, he just immediately walked out of the room leaving me behind. Oh yeah, we’re not close friends anyway. He wouldn’t just call me to go with him. Who am I to expect? I’m just a newbie in this school. I walked out of the room and went to my locker. I just took my wet uniform and banged my locker.

 “Well someone’s losing their temper.”. I looked beside and saw Stacy.

 “Trust me, you don’t need to know.”, i replied plainly.

 “What happened?”, she asked.

 “Look, today’s my first day and I’m not in a good mood right now. I’m trying my best to control my temper or else I would’ve punched someone in the face right now. I’ll tell you the details some other time but right now, all I want to do is just go home and sleep.”, I talked and she listened.

 “Okay. I understand that feeling of yours right now. So just go home and cool your head okay? Just spit out the details tomorrow. Bye!”, she walked away. I’m glad to have found someone who understands me. I stood by the entrance and looked up.

 “It’s still raining.”. I opened my umbrella and started to walk. I have a car and it was because of Lizzy, my friend at my old school, that my car was ruined. She hit my car into a tree since she was drunk while driving it. So because of that, here I am walking under this stupid rain. I arrived home and went to my bedroom. It was the best place in the house. I changed into my t-shirt and sweat pants and did the laundry. Actually, I’m living independently now in an apartment since I ran away from home and all. I have a part time job at some restaurant as a waitress and I get paid 200 bucks a day. I still had two hours before work and the place was just a walking distance so I turned the alarm clock on and the next thing I knew, I fell into sleep. 

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

865 18 26
WARNING: MENTION OF MURDER, SEX, MATURE LANGUAGE, VIOLENCE, CRIME, CHEATING, TALK OF SELF HARM, UNDERAGE DRINKING AND DRUG ABUSE. TROPES: FRIENDS TO...
61.6K 1.3K 73
"You're mine you hear me! No one else's but mine. So whoever you're thinking about dating, get that shit out your damn head or suffer the fucking con...
Cynical Souls Par DramaQueenforreal

Roman pour Adolescents

4.5K 94 29
COMPLETED✅ Two high school teenagers finding themselves, analyzing this ever changing world, and building love. This is the type of love you wish you...
14K 1.6K 103
WARNING: My story contains mature and sensitive content. Please read at your own risk. *** Previously "Saving The Girl Who Thought She Was Broken" **...